test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

WHOA the ZAX has fallen to below 3000 zen requested for 500 AD...something worked.

cayappcayapp Member Posts: 826 Arc User
edited October 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
WHOA the ZAX has fallen to below 3000 zen requested for 500 AD.

It is jumping around between 2900 and 6000 quite fast now. Just shocked
Post edited by cayapp on

Comments

• carrytiexcarrytiex Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'm not. It happened before. Then climbed right up. No idea if it will climb another time or not.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Items on sale this week are pretty lackluster so fewer people wanting to buy Zen right this sec, coupled with a fairly nice transfer reward offer running which pumps available Zen into the economy. So it all makes sense.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Pretty sure the shadow wolf zen store offer will make it jump a few 100ks.
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Yep , earlier today the backlog was around 200k or so , I ordered 2442 zen and got it within a hour or two , very pleasant .
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • cayappcayapp Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    No one is buying at 500 AD now...only 499. I mean a few are buying but not much.

The zen listed for sale is climbing fast, 30k in zen wanting to sale at 500 ad

Edit/ 40k Zen backlog for sale.
    edited October 2014
    If people are patient, maybe we can get it to fall, if not then ):
  • cayappcayapp Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Predicts panic from zen holders now.
  • fr0gurtfr0gurt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    This event was already predicted back here.

And there was already a panic Zen sell-off around September 20th, but it triggered other players to pump in more Astral Diamonds into the exchange.

I predict that the backlog will jump up and down a few more times around 500, then clear with the price settling in the high 400's.
  • runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    About 20K Zen available at 499 now. And you can rarely see Zen now at 498.

I'm sure the current Zen promotion helped get it down. As someone else also said, I wouldn't be surprised if the upcoming Shadow Wolf mount brought it back. Not worried about it though. Honestly, I'm just happy to get my exchanges done in a day or so. Glad we are past the point of waiting a month.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • razyldazlrazyldazl Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    runebane wrote: »
    About 20K Zen available at 499 now. And you can rarely see Zen now at 498.

I'm sure the current Zen promotion helped get it down. As someone else also said, I wouldn't be surprised if the upcoming Shadow Wolf mount brought it back. Not worried about it though. Honestly, I'm just happy to get my exchanges done in a day or so. Glad we are past the point of waiting a month.

From someone that sells zen, I wouldnt even think about selling it formunder 500. I am sure alot of us feel the same way. As a matter of fact, it should be a higher exchange rate, not lower.
    edited October 2014
    razyldazl wrote: »
    From someone that sells zen, I wouldnt even think about selling it formunder 500. I am sure alot of us feel the same way. As a matter of fact, it should be a higher exchange rate, not lower.

While I understand and would personally feel the same way. The only reason you managed to be able to sell it for 500 for so long was because of a TONNE of AD was artificially injected into the market.
    edited October 2014
    carrytiex wrote: »
    While I understand and would personally feel the same way. The only reason you managed to be able to sell it for 500 for so long was because of a TONNE of AD was artificially injected into the market.

Well I am thinking you will find less zen sellers if it goes down. Not going to just give my money away to players that want everything without spending anything, even virtual currency. Guess they will have to actually open their wallets for once if they want zen. Because it doesnt matter why the zen ratio went up, once people get paid a certain amount for zen, they arent going to go back down.
    edited October 2014
    Because it doesnt matter why the zen ratio went up, once people get paid a certain amount for zen, they arent going to go back down.

It kind of does when you shouldn't have been getting that amount. At some point it will come down and you'll need to accept that you won't get 500, except on release of a new module maybe.
    edited October 2014
    It kind of does when you shouldn't have been getting that amount. At some point it will come down and you'll need to accept that you won't get 500, except on release of a new module maybe.

No there is other ways to get AD for people that dont mind paying for zen. Instead of using zax, simply csn by coal wards or other items and list them on ah. But not going to be ripped off by freebies who dont even want to honor a 500:1 ratio.
    edited October 2014
    But not going to be ripped off by freebies who dont even want to honor a 500:1 ratio.

A little ironic don't you think? Coal wards cost less than the exchange rate btw.
  • ulvielulviel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 741 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    But not going to be ripped off by freebies who dont even want to honor a 500:1 ratio.

What are you talking about? The only context in which I've heard about 500:1 ratio and honor was when ppl were avoiding zax cap by selling zen items on AH at high prices.
    edited October 2014
    A little ironic don't you think? Coal wards cost less than the exchange rate btw.

Would rather lose money that way, then reward cheapskates that don't want to either support the game, or pay a decent price for zen.
    edited October 2014

I think he doesn't understand the correlation between zax and AH prices. And that lower exchangee ratio means that you get less AD, but you can buy more with that AD on AH.
    edited October 2014
    No there is other ways to get AD for people that dont mind paying for zen. Instead of using zax, simply csn by coal wards or other items and list them on ah. But not going to be ripped off by freebies who dont even want to honor a 500:1 ratio.

The longer the backlog is gone, the less viable this will be. It only worked before because it took weeks to get Zen from the exchange. So people bought Zen items from the AH instead, often at prices higher than they should have been.

There is also nothing to honor. For now the ratio is set by those listing Zen for sale. Its the Zen sellers listing below 500 that make it possible. You guys are undercutting yourselves trying to get your AD a few hours sooner. No way you can blame the 'freebies' for it.
  • magiquepursemagiquepurse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Would rather lose money that way, then reward cheapskates that don't want to either support the game, or pay a decent price for zen.

By the way a while ago we bought Zen for 350-ish AD for months :)

I suppose you were not around back then.
    edited October 2014
    I think it is a good moment to remind the good old times when you could buy zan at 300:1 ratio, heheh.

Edit:magiquepurse was faster.
    edited October 2014
    runebane wrote: »
    The longer the backlog is gone, the less viable this will be. It only worked before because it took weeks to get Zen from the exchange. So people bought Zen items from the AH instead.

There is also nothing to honor. For now the ratio is set by those listing Zen for sale. Its the Zen sellers listing below 500 that make it possible. You guys are undercutting yourselves trying to get your AD a few hours sooner. No way you can blame the 'freebies' for it.

cant speak for other people, but I never sell zen for under 500:1. Just like when I purchase on ah, I wont buy the same item thst is listed for 1 ad less. Would rather pay the person with a regular price, then someone that thinks that I will buy it from them for 1 ad less. In the long run, it will be the people tbat are trying to purchase zen that will be affected, because people dont like to just hand their money away. And after a while, that is what will happen. There is a number of posts on the forum about what the zen rate should actually be, and it isnt under 500.
    O
    edited October 2014

That doesn't make sense, the ones that want coal wards would otherwise have to use the exchange to get it so you're giving them a better offer and so rewarding them. Plus as above, it's the sellers that were not honouring the ratio. The exchange is supposed to be on what people are both willing to offer their zen and ad for. For a while that was as low as around 300, to a stable 400. While 500 isn't what I call value (zen as a whole isn't imo). It is not the ones offering less than the cap that are the cheapskates here. The cap is meant to be that, the cap, not the norm. And it did not stay at 500 by normal play.
    There is a number of posts on the forum about what the zen rate should actually be, and it isnt under 500.
    O
    Considering it was only module 3 where the exchange went to the 500 cap and it never did before and there's a reason why it did. I'm going to have to disagree. Though we're not allowed to state why it happened, hopefully you know.
    edited October 2014
    By the way a while ago we bought Zen for 350-ish AD for months :)

I suppose you were not around back then.

again it makes no difference what it was selling for then. Market prices, once the reach a certain price, it is much harder to get a lower price afterwards. I think you are just fooling yourselves if you think after people were getting 500:1, the will just be ok with getting 300, or 350. It is the zen sellers that set the price, not the otherway around.
    edited October 2014
    cant speak for other people, but I never sell zen for under 500:1. Just like when I purchase on ah, I wont buy the same item thst is listed for 1 ad less. Would rather pay the person with a regular price, then someone that thinks that I will buy it from them for 1 ad less. In the long run, it will be the people tbat are trying to purchase zen that will be affected, because people dont like to just hand their money away. And after a while, that is what will happen. There is a number of posts on the forum about what the zen rate should actually be, and it isnt under 500.
    O

As others have said, the backlog and the 500/1 ratio only existed because of illegitimate AD that flooded the market. As that extra gets used up in AD sinks it may return to a previous normal. One you obviously wouldn't like. Or it may not. Depends on many different things. Some of which we haven't even seen yet. Like the new AD sink item on preview that upgrades artifacts. To much unknown to say for sure.
    edited October 2014
    again it makes no difference what it was selling for then. Market prices, once the reach a certain price, it is much harder to get a lower price afterwards. I think you are just fooling yourselves if you think after people were getting 500:1, the will just be ok with getting 300, or 350. It is the zen sellers that set the price, not the otherway around.

Erm... you must be unaware of why the price got that high. I won't explain it here because of forum rules, I'll just say that since the cause is removed, backlog was steadily dropping, and now that it is gone zax ratio will naturally drop. There is no reason why it shouldn't happen.
    edited October 2014

You don't seem to understand really. The amount of available AD is slowly drying up. They are constantly adding new things to spend it on. Without the 'extra' AD flooding the market the Zen sellers will start competing against each other. When that happens they will undercut each other (just as they did yesterday) and the price will begin to fall.

None of that is certain though. Because we can't see the future. We don't know what else Cryptic has planned that might adjust the market.
    edited October 2014
    Lets put it this way. There was 7.5 billion ad worth of requests at 500ad/zen. While people were continuing to add to that while people bought that out. That's all dried out now. I'm not sure when it will go down, but it most likely will.