test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A magic moment in epic shores.....

query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
edited October 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Just quing and pugging hoping for Haarl's. End up in an iffy group. No tank and a couple of 14k GS. One guy is complaining the entire time. "You guys are garbage, can't manage aggro, don't DPS" yadda yadda yadda. Sure enough we wipe twice on the final and he drops party. We get a random GWF with OK gear and sure enough once he's gone we finish with no fatalities. Don't let the door hit you @rse......
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• jondbxjondbx Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    query523 wrote: »
    Just quing and pugging hoping for Haarl's. End up in an iffy group. No tank and a couple of 14k GS. One guy is complaining the entire time. "You guys are garbage, can't manage aggro, don't DPS" yadda yadda yadda. Sure enough we wipe twice on the final and he drops party. We get a random GWF with OK gear and sure enough once he's gone we finish with no fatalities. Don't let the door hit you @rse......

and you probably got 1 scroll and 1 enchant. Truly magic.
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Still a better love story than Twilight.
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    jondbx wrote: »

As always. I can't remember that last time I got something other than these two items.
    I aim to misbehave
  • dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Those whom complain are often those whom are most frustrated not everything is soloable. I feel sad for them. Teamwork is a great part of the fun here.
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon
  • query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Those whom complain are often those whom are most frustrated not everything is soloable. I feel sad for them. Teamwork is a great part of the fun here.

^^^^^ He gets it, the anti-social ones are always the biggest drag on the party ;)
  • wick220wick220 Member Posts: 40
    edited October 2014
    jondbx wrote: »

Don't forget the 67 silver.
  • veshorokveshorok Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014

aaah..fun..peace, love etc..ok. just take a look at the nearby 30+pages thread about need/greed. it's all about teamspirit and fun =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dante126pldante126pl Banned Users Posts: 257 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    lmao.
    this never gets old.
  • jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited October 2014

50 Shores of Tuern?

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • qutsemniequtsemnie Member Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Back in the day a couple of friends and I were doing a lot of FH. We were around 12.5k gear score, but we had a system. The TR would tank after pulling the named to the top of stairs, the CW would peel, and I (the GF) would kite adds. This generally always worked.

One day we get this uber GWF. He takes complete control of the strat. Goes straight into the room and tanks the named where it stands. Agro is all over the place. The whole run is a mess. The GWF declares the mission isn't winnable with the current group. He blames my friend (the TR) for low DPS (I was just thinking that run was a mess, so that really surprised me). The GWF immediately initiates a vote kick on my friend before we even get a chance to discuss. Like literally before any of us could talk about how to clean up the run he has already started a vote kick. I immediately retaliate with one on the GWF and he is out of the group.

He gets replaced. The run goes off without a hitch. The problem was never the low DPS TR it was the lack of strat and control, but this guy had initiated a vote kick before we even had a chance to explain it. All we had to do was move the name, control agro with peeling (which was the point of moving the named), and get a good kite. All that GWF had to do was nothing...
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Bad runs happen, typically and hopefully departures can be made without name calling and general apathy towards others.

However, it does seem to happen that the people who are controlling, bossy towards others and resort to name calling typically are the ones who just want to be carried and get upset if , for whatever reason the run goes askew.

Its not a typical run that I see anymore, running in legit, you usually get a group that doesnt do that.

Worst group I got recently, was some guy who decided to put together a couple of friends , then fill out the rest in legit.

It didnt go well honestly, because his friend started using exploits, which we then asked to be stopped and they wouldnt, the leader said, not up to him, that his friend wasnt a legit player.

I was pretty peeved that the dude had the effrontery to go into legit and ask for legit people to run , when he already knew this was going to happen.

Thats been the worst thing of late I can think of happening in the legit channel runs Ive done.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Well, that's pretty obnoxious and inconsiderate. Not out of line at all to drop the party since the leader was trying to take advantage of y'all.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • zshikarazshikara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited October 2014

This exactly. As long as people are nice and trying their best I don't care if we wipe.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Join the legit channel by visiting http://goo.gl/1zfnTS to apply!
    Performing ritual pony sacrifices to Tiamat to earn favor with the RNG Gods since 2014.