test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

so what about pvp when more content/gear/stats are added?

rotatorkufrotatorkuf Member Posts: 537 Arc User
edited October 2014 in PvE Discussion
haven't seen an answer to this question

but, when more and more boons and gear and content are added

we'll end up with level 60s with 30k or higher GS

while still having level 60s with 10kish GS, the fresh 60s

is the game really going to continue pushing out this matchmaking where we will see matches between 10ks and 30ks or higher?

as it is right now, 20ks melt through 10ks in seconds

future content will create and even LARGER gap, 30 or 40ks will one shot 10ks

just saying, this is something that needs to be given some attention
Post edited by rotatorkuf on

Comments

• burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    for example remove AD reward from pvp daily so the 10k scrubs dont get in the way, and the only low GS u see are PvPers having fun on their alts(good pvper on 11k > 15k trash)
    Paladin Master Race
  • nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I guess they will add new PvP maps as soon as beta has ended ...
    Attachment not found.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=21831&d=1412673845
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • jaotutjaotut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    PvP should be for people who enjoy doing PvP, not for people to gain a constant source of ad income. Daily PvP ad reward should be removed or halved, while glory gain should increase to what it used to be. So for people who PvP, they'll still get enough glory to buy gear to salvage as a reward. YES, reward for doing the PvP and not being afk at campfire.

Stats should be decreased in PvP but not PvE. If all the stats are say 'halved'. Someone with 20k GS will have a smaller edge against a 15k GS as compare to now. Legendary artifacts, weapons, and belts are giving too much stats and makes a big difference for those who have them, and those without.
    Merlin - CW Merlyn - HR Psylocke - TR Black Widow - GWF

Have the gear and skills, but lack the friends to play with? Come and apply for Essence of Aggression. We have been here and strong since beta. (Immature, rude, and arrogant people will not be accepted)
  • emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    burkaanc wrote: »
    for example remove AD reward from pvp daily so the 10k scrubs dont get in the way, and the only low GS u see are PvPers having fun on their alts(good pvper on 11k > 15k trash)

lol if they do that Ill stop playing pvp, seriously I queue only for the 4 dailies and I cant help it if my 19k lizard gets pitted vs 10k flies
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • hutchinsonhatchhutchinsonhatch Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    jaotut wrote: »
    PvP should be for people who enjoy doing PvP, not for people to gain a constant source of ad income. Daily PvP ad reward should be removed or halved, while glory gain should increase to what it used to be. So for people who PvP, they'll still get enough glory to buy gear to salvage as a reward. YES, reward for doing the PvP and not being afk at campfire.

Stats should be decreased in PvP but not PvE. If all the stats are say 'halved'. Someone with 20k GS will have a smaller edge against a 15k GS as compare to now. Legendary artifacts, weapons, and belts are giving too much stats and makes a big difference for those who have them, and those without.

I'm a relatively new player to NWO and I'm enjoying PVP. Let me say that I don't care for the AD the dailies provide, it's the PVP aspect I enjoy.
    PVP is fun for a new player in the <Lv. 60 area, making the transition from 59 to 60 actually makes PVP an immediate nightmare come true. Insults for being undergeared, tells about being a useless parasite that is being carried, actual kicks for being useless, you know the drill.
    I vividly remember the days of of a certain game, where stats in PVP only played a very tiny role, and indeed skill and overview was the demanding factor, not having enough zen/ad to buy stuff, or a year's worth of time to grind.

What about completely doing away with GS while tagged for PVP?

Let's say, you enter the Lv. 10-19 bracket and all equipment gets equalized to a GS of ~2000, you enter the Lv. 20-29 bracket -> GS ~3000 and so on. No enchantments, no glyphs, no nothing, the different appearances of gear become cosmetic deviations and the different builds actually provide diversity.

If you do that, there is no gap to close, and new player can enjoy this aspect of the game. No reason to shout about uselessness, no kicking required, probably just a few hints here and there what absolutely has to be done to win.

The system, as it is now, doesn't let you PVP once you hit 60 if you don't want to be belittled, cursed and so on.
  • burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    why ppl who spent year earning their gear should be punished for ppl being too lazy to work on their gear ?
    Paladin Master Race
  • hutchinsonhatchhutchinsonhatch Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    burkaanc wrote: »
    why ppl who spent year earning their gear should be punished for ppl being too lazy to work on their gear ?

There are two misconceptions, if not outright mistakes in your post. No one is getting punished, but the fresh Level 60 player, who is not too lazy to work on his gear, but never had a chance to do so.
    What you are saying is, "I don't want to be robbed of the possibility to feed on fresh Level 60s", who will more probably than not never be seen again in a PVP-match.
  • yoadoadyoadoad Member Posts: 182 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    First, if you don't encourage people to PvP, you will isolate the PvP community from everyone else. If you leave only the "true hardcore PvPers", other than some core members who will eventually leave, no one would want to join.
    Second, this is the business model. Gear based and not skill based. 99% of the time, kill or get killed, depends who outgears who.
  • f2pmaf2pma Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    -new players dont know how pvp or game works
    -have 0 boons
    -no gear
    -no enchants
    -bad spec
    -no ad
    -play against people who have all this

only similarity between geared and non geared players is
    its no fun for anyone

i would never recomend this game to new a new player.
    they have it way to hard
  • rotatorkufrotatorkuf Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    wait what, how did this become about daily for AD

that really has nothing to do with it, most of the time, they'll at least try

i'm not saying you should try to alienate people OUT OF pvp

i'm saying, they need to compensate for people being alienated BECAUSE of pvp and the huge imbalance that exists...and the even BIGGER imbalance that's going to be created down the line, when more and more gear/stats/boons/content are added

it's going to be a very VERY ugly sight when level 60s with 12k GS have to match up against 40k GS 60s, simply because "oh well, no viable candidates, let's just make a match between these two to avoid a longer queue time"
  • jaotutjaotut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The problem you've suggested in this topic is mainly the difference between a highly geared and a not geared person in PvP.

Well, as I've suggested, all stats should be halved in PvP, just like healing depression. Therefore, a 20k GS (who has spent the effort in gearing up) will still have his edge over a 15k GS (who is working at gearing up), but the difference is half of what it is now.

However, you'll still get people who have 10k GS that is still such a big underdog. Well, you've reached level 60 in a mmo, this is end game buddy, find a way to gear up a bit if you want to compete.

Now the reason for discussion about daily AD for PvP task is that there are so many ungeared people who are doing PvP just for the daily 2k AD. They are ruining the match they are in by being useless and just sitting at campfire. So one way to solve this is to either remove the daily AD, or up the requirement so they need at least 1500 points or 5 kills/assists to qualify for 1 match (if they can't manage this, then they're not ready for PvP).

We should still keep new players interested. So Glory gain should be increased. Make it easier for new players to obtain gear to compete. They can also turn this glory into ad by salvaging gear, which will drive them to try a bit harder.
    Merlin - CW Merlyn - HR Psylocke - TR Black Widow - GWF

Have the gear and skills, but lack the friends to play with? Come and apply for Essence of Aggression. We have been here and strong since beta. (Immature, rude, and arrogant people will not be accepted)
  • damnataanimusdamnataanimus Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I guess they will add new PvP maps as soon as beta has ended ...
    Attachment not found.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=21831&d=1412673845

You realise gateway is seperate from neverwinter and THAT is what is in beta right?
    May the RNG Gods smile on you today!
    Adorable Temptress - 23.4k Temptation SW
    Mara Angelbane - 22k Thaum CW, Vaya Con Dios 15.2k Dragon CW.
    Mara Shadowskiss - 21.5k Destroyer GWF, Mara - 17.2k Sentinel GWF
    Mara Duskwalker - 15.4k Healing DC
    Mara Hawkeye -14.6k HR
    Mara Spiritforge - 16.9k Tanky GF
    Bad Religion - 14.7k Pew Pew DC
    Mara Shadowstouch,Maara - TR's
  • hexanna22hexanna22 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    rotatorkuf wrote: »
    haven't seen an answer to this question

but, when more and more boons and gear and content are added

we'll end up with level 60s with 30k or higher GS

while still having level 60s with 10kish GS, the fresh 60s

is the game really going to continue pushing out this matchmaking where we will see matches between 10ks and 30ks or higher?

as it is right now, 20ks melt through 10ks in seconds

future content will create and even LARGER gap, 30 or 40ks will one shot 10ks

just saying, this is something that needs to be given some attention

And there will still only be TWO MAPS!

Ugh, I got bored to death of pvp months ago, new maps please!