test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Astraldiamond Exchange

l0g1c4lchl0g1c4lch Member Posts: 3 Arc User
edited October 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Can someone help me may to answer this question:

I try to trade AD to Zen thru Exchange, nothing worked at all (Zen to AD neither). Is Exchange down or what is happened?
1 year ago it worked perfect.
Post edited by l0g1c4lch on

Comments

• charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    To buy zen you have to trade at 500:1 ad:zen, and there is a 13mil ish backlog so the transaction takes 14+ days and this will probably only grow when mod4 launches in a few hours.
  • l0g1c4lchl0g1c4lch Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Thank you for the answer! didn't find any post about it.
    Btw: does this backlog get fixed? so that we got a 1:1 sell/buy?
  • zshikarazshikara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    you will never, ever, in your entire life, or several lifetimes thereafter, get a 1 ad to 1 zen trade rate. When the game launched last year I heard the lowest it ever was was around 135 ad per 1 zen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Join the legit channel by visiting http://goo.gl/1zfnTS to apply!
    Performing ritual pony sacrifices to Tiamat to earn favor with the RNG Gods since 2014.
    edited August 2014
    l0g1c4lch wrote: »
    Thank you for the answer! didn't find any post about it.
    Btw: does this backlog get fixed? so that we got a 1:1 sell/buy?

We can't have a 1:1 just like 500:1 is the max I believe 50:1 is the min. Will the backlog go down? Not without massive changes from the devs to fix the economy and reverse the hyper-inflation of ad. There was an exploit recently that put billions of AD into the market over the past few months.
  • l0g1c4lchl0g1c4lch Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Yeah i didn't mean 1:1 deal for zen/ad, i meant 1:1 deal for sell/buy -> that means realtime, without that backlog.
    But thx charononus for the information, i'm up to date.
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,492 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    l0g1c4lch wrote: »
    Yeah i didn't mean 1:1 deal for zen/ad, i meant 1:1 deal for sell/buy -> that means realtime, without that backlog.
    But thx charononus for the information, i'm up to date.

Until a few months ago there was no backlog so you would get your Zen immediately at the lowest offered price.

Then something happened and the balance between offered AD and offered Zen got skewed with way too much AD available compared to Zen available. That lead to the price for Zen in AD hitting 1:500 as we see today, and to the backlog.

Exactly what happened is an interesting discussion:
    * Exploits injecting mass AD into the economy?
    * The majority of the player community maturing in that they are 'done' with all their AD investments so any earned AD can be used to buy Zen?
    * Way less people wanting to sell Zen in game?

I suspect it could be a mixture of the first two, and I hope it is not the last :)

Anyways, the long term solution needs to be to increase the desirability of AD since increasing the supply of Zen is not that easy to do. That means we need more AD sinks that are worth buying and that give temporary effects so they can/must be rebought and provide a permanent AD sink effect.
  • jintortlejintortle Member Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    minimum is 50 AD per Zen - I use it to transfer amounts around my toons!
    Genus Draco Fad and the Muster@Jintortle
    ID: NW-DD5FLOBTJ
    Cult of the Dragon Foundry Contest - Please participate and vote for your favourite - 26/6/2014 contest rating begins.

Sir Camps A Lot. Mr SlingShot Boom. XX Phantasmagorical. Jinn Dragonfeast.
    SlingShot Boom Jr. Jocan Traders. Little Lord Forgatty, Dwarf Mean and introducing Necro Torquemada (The Warlock)
  • query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    charononus wrote: »
    To buy zen you have to trade at 500:1 ad:zen, and there is a 13mil ish backlog so the transaction takes 14+ days and this will probably only grow when mod4 launches in a few hours.

More likely to drop. The ZAX is a 'need it now' AD converter. That is if you are not in immediate need of AD you bypass the ZAX via AH and get your AD a little bit later. I figure a combination of a few thousand new SWs, New items, and nasty folks like me profiteering on the increased demand the P2W folks won't have the patience to convert to the newest bling for their newest toon (Or the upgrades for their existing ones) and will just ZAX to get it now. Same as happened with eggs.
    edited August 2014
    query523 wrote: »
    More likely to drop. The ZAX is a 'need it now' AD converter. That is if you are not in immediate need of AD you bypass the ZAX via AH and get your AD a little bit later. I figure a combination of a few thousand new SWs, New items, and nasty folks like me profiteering on the increased demand the P2W folks won't have the patience to convert to the newest bling for their newest toon (Or the upgrades for their existing ones) and will just ZAX to get it now. Same as happened with eggs.

But there's also going to be a Warlock booster pack on the zen store, people wanting stones for their SW, people wanting companions for their SW, etc.
  • query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    True but such is always the case. Those that want to spend money on the game certainly will buy those zen items. But enchantments, Xvim, leather goods (do you remember what happened to leather prices when HR came out?), I don't know if there is a Mulhorand equivilant for SW but there will certainly be artificing for low level 2 slot blues. Now let's throw in the new boosters from the varuious armor trees they'll be wanting for how many toons? Remembering that whales are, almost by definition, have to have it now buyers. While most serious F2P players are'nt shopping for the booster pack unless thay are at a wealth that they keep 1000s in zen orders up constantly and several thousand in reserve.
  • mamasandygmamasandyg Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I really think the AD to Zen exchange rate is insane. You'd think the developers would create some way of earning zen, even if it's really difficult just to get a little more zen into the game economy. I know they make money selling the stuff, but there are a lot of people out there that would rather quit playing the game than having to buy worthless in game currency. This is probably the worst drawback of the game. I put up an offer to buy zen 3 weeks ago that never got filled, so I finally canceled. We get tons of these lockboxes, but can't find a way to open them, so they become useless, too.
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Little late on this. Also, a ZEN order placed three weeks ago would have long since been filled. Even at the height of the backlog orders took at most 2 weeks to fill and the backlog has been a fraction of what it was a month or so ago.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
This discussion has been closed.