test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What stats actually work for companions?

evaliraevalira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 245 Arc User
edited October 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Ok I was just on the test server and my powrie companion had 1,222 ArPen and did 1780 (2041) damage to a witherer, so the Witherer resisted 12.78% of the attack. Yet with no arpen it did 1722 (1975) damage to a witherer, which was 12.81% - so basically adding arpen to companions is a complete waste of time. Unless it's just the powrie bugged.

Recovery seems to make absolutely no difference either, so do any stats actually work for them?

I do have an augment just like to run daily's with non augment companions to make it more interesting, but would like to make them as efficient as possible.

P.s. mods - I am not reporting/discussing a bug I am asking if anyone has tested what stats work on companions to save myself hours of testing.
Post edited by evalira on

Comments

• two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I suspect that it varies by companion power. There have been bugged player powers that don't benefit from ArP, don't crit, don't have reduced cooldowns from recovery, etc. It's probably the same for companions.

From my own testing, the Cleric Disciple/Faithful Initiate's Healing Word benefits from Power and Recovery, but not by much.
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • godhricgodhric Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 437 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    exact reason why combat companion sucks and people use augment...

Anyway, not just recovery.. i think deflect isnt functioning as well... With the pitiful damage our combat companions are dishing right now, it's safe to say lifesteal's isnt good too. The only stats worth stacking on companions are HP, regen, and probably power and crit, and defense... So, the best distribution should be 500 on each def, regen, power, and crit... The rest should go to HP, or probably power.
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Lifesteal, regen, power, and critical are good for companions
    (Mother tested, Kid approved)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Recovery actually does help any of the canine companions with a proning attack to use it more frequently.

Unfortunately, there is no 100% answer as it somewhat varies by companion.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • rlrobrrlrobr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Recovery actually does help any of the canine companions with a proning attack to use it more frequently.

Unfortunately, there is no 100% answer as it somewhat varies by companion.

Yes, Recovery is awesome for the Dire Wolf.
  • evaliraevalira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Ok thanks I guess I will just have test each one if I am going to use it.