test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New lockboxes is a bit of a bummer, or just me?

djoffer1djoffer1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
edited October 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
So yeah new lockboxes has arrived, and normaly i dont mind open a bunch of them since you can more or less break even if you sell most of the stuff on the AH, and well sometimes you get Lucky and get a rare drop...

This time however, there is only 3 new items(the very rare ones) and then a bunch of items that also was in the last box, which Sells for <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> all...Any thoughts on this?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    My thoughts is that they're all a bit of a bummer.
  • Options
    group5egroup5e Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Yes I have thoughts.... but in the spirit of honoring the ToS of this forum, I'll refrain from giving them.

The new lockbox has a pretty good SW artifact and a interesting looking horse. Not sure what they sell for, but I guarantee its way too much xD.
  • Options
    notsheriffsrsnotsheriffsrs Banned Users Posts: 396 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    Never open lockboxes because it will take your sanity away :)

But I still open them every time because I love Cryptic and will always support them! Best company ever !

Not So Fast, Mighty Leap, Punishing Charge rotation will counter the perma TR and even kill him !!
  • Options
    damnataanimusdamnataanimus Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    group5e wrote: »
    Yes I have thoughts.... but in the spirit of honoring the ToS of this forum, I'll refrain from giving them.

The new lockbox has a pretty good SW artifact and a interesting looking horse. Not sure what they sell for, but I guarantee its way too much xD.

The reddit neverwinter forums are a place where you speak a bit freely. Sadly it has nowhere as many active users of course :)
    May the RNG Gods smile on you today!
    Adorable Temptress - 23.4k Temptation SW
    Mara Angelbane - 22k Thaum CW, Vaya Con Dios 15.2k Dragon CW.
    Mara Shadowskiss - 21.5k Destroyer GWF, Mara - 17.2k Sentinel GWF
    Mara Duskwalker - 15.4k Healing DC
    Mara Hawkeye -14.6k HR
    Mara Spiritforge - 16.9k Tanky GF
    Bad Religion - 14.7k Pew Pew DC
    Mara Shadowstouch,Maara - TR's
  • Options
    hfgtfsdfshfgtfsdfs Member Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I think this has to be the worst lockbox in this game.

The mount isn't that nice, not worthy "legendary" status if you ask me and looks to much like the Black Ice horse. Not so impressed.

The artifact is "okay" but there are many other better ones for sure.

The new companion with stats as active bonus is just a disappointment.
    ZengiaH@ejziponken
  • Options
    cookiecrisp15cookiecrisp15 Banned Users Posts: 532 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    i was hoping they would add Boon Books to the lockbox but meh :(
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    They've definitely moved away from making all of the contents of each box different. The box-within-a-box prizes are pretty much the same with a new name and maybe a slightly updated loot table but still going to give you the same old stuff 99% of the time.

The old equipment packs and specialized runes/enchants at least had thematic flavour. Even a specialized profession pack instead of a generic one makes things a little different.

Changing nothing but the top prizes is pretty dull.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    omgudied2omgudied2 Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    "lock box bad" I think I opened 20 of these new ones and got nothing... 60 of the old owlbear boxes I did get 1 owlbear and a dragon. However I did opened about 120 of the nightmare boxes and never got the mount I ended up buying one for AD. I always buy like 10 or 20 keys randomly but never get anything. so if you think 300 keys is worth a mount and a comp open away if not dont ever buy a key!
    A LONG TIME AGO... YADA YADA YADA DARTH VADER... JEDI
  • Options
    karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Why should it be a bummer?
    I think the mount looks awesome and the artifact sounds like fun. In addition we have a new lockbox companion. I would say the last lockbox was a bit of bummer for me. I mean they put in 2 mounts and no companion and the 2 mounts are most likely identical or like "normal" epic mount and the premium legendary one of them, i dislike this kind of lockboxes.
    plat.png
    Platypus wielding a giant hammer, your argument is invalild!
  • Options
    tobixnewtobixnew Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I opened 500 on preview and got only 1 epic item...you must be really really lucky to get an epic item..money wasting :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    helpimblindinrlhelpimblindinrl Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Don't buy gamble boxes in any game. Find out how to get the thing you want for a specified amount and decide if its worth it. Any other move is at best generous by giving them free money for nothing.
  • Options
    wick220wick220 Member Posts: 40
    edited October 2014
    Speaking of mounts in lockboxes. Who decided that a legendary mount would travel the same speed as an epic mount? What makes a legendary mount legendary, rarity?

What is the difference between Rage Drake and Imp. Rage Drake? The colour of the name on it and a different graphical skin? Awesome. Why was this legendary category created for mounts? They are NOT legendary. They are epic mounts with an orange text. I'm really shocked that they didn't make the legendary mounts 130% run speed or more or even adjust the number of hits/% of damage to dismount.

I probably won't be buying anymore lockboxes - I don't have the luck for it. I never get anything good and have lost everytime I've opened them. Oh look another Companion Fortification Kit. AWESOME
  • Options
    anatas07anatas07 Member Posts: 164 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    The worst part is that I remember in the past drops were more good ... remember the price on the nightmare mount was 600-800k ad.
    I remember for sure I got like 3-4 mounts out of the nightmare boxes (lets say like 50-80 of them) and I got 2 stags from like 80-100 openings. But now ... 500 openings and no mount ... I even got a thayan book of the dead out of like 30 boxes.

I guess we are really really unlucky ...

P.S. and even more bad thing is that every single topic where people are complaining about something gets closed at some point ...
    If you see this and have the answer - PM me or answer real quick because this post will be removed
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    wick220 wrote: »
    What makes a legendary mount legendary, rarity?

Yes. And overall, the decision to not add a further speed bonus was probably a good one because it didn't introduce yet another element of PvP power creep.

Legendary mounts can be a pure vanity item. Some people still want them for that reason alone.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia