test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Eye of Lathandar

healaryhealary Member Posts: 600 Arc User
edited October 2014 in The Library
My CW got this stupid artifact in a Dread Ring daily run. Too bad it is bound to character and I want it to go to my DC. Is there a way? If not, is it remotely useful for a CW or should I just use it to level another artifact of union?
Post edited by healary on

Comments

• Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Why would you want that for a DC?

And yeah, it can pretty nifty for it's ability. CWs usually stay in the back of a fight so it's easy to observe everyone and see who went down.
  • Options
    healaryhealary Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    ghoulz66 wrote: »
    Why would you want that for a DC?

And yeah, it can pretty nifty for it's ability. CWs usually stay in the back of a fight so it's easy to observe everyone and see who went down.

Well, it resurrects an ally or a pet from far away and restores some hp to him. Isn't it the role of a DC? Supposedly a DC should have some resurrection skill like what the Eye gives but apparently not the DC in this game. The Eye doesn't give power or critical to my CW. It gives control bonus which I already have more than enough. I think I am going to get the GWF class artifact and then then Dragon Heart if the price of the Dragonborn pack goes down a bit to go along with the CW class artifact. That's why I think I have no artifact slot left for the Eye.
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Proly just stick with the DC artifact. Will be more vital now with Hallowed Ground up preventing you from generating APs.
  • Options
    abaddon523abaddon523 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The Eye of Lathander is extremely useful. No, it doesn't help your DPS much. But it can really help if you're in a group that is having trouble staying alive. One of the huge advantages it gives is that it can resurrect people with much more health (50% of their max HP at Epic, 65% at Legendary) than when you do it manually. So people are much less likely to die right after being resurrected. A second advantage is that you can resurrect people from a pretty good distance. Also there is no chance of being interrupted while resurrecting. I almost always equip it during VT in case one of my party members just can't seem to dodge the lightning or is too far away for me to reach them in time. I can revive them from afar without putting myself or them in danger of getting swarmed by ghosts. Also very useful in CN when people get caught by hands or breath and you can't take the time to run over to them. This is definitely one of those items that is more practically useful than it is flashy or impressive. If you're in an awesome group that just burns through everything switch to DC artifact and burn away. But it definitely has its uses.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I always slot Eye when I am pugging Epic Tuern. Inevitably someone dies in final boss fight and I can resurrect them without being in danger myself.
  • Options
    veshorokveshorok Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    reading this thread i've realized that i'm the only one left in NV without that arti. but i can't push myself to run these lairs again..after 1000+ tries..enough sometimes means enough.
    and ye, it's really useful while pugging. so save it in your inventory.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    No, it takes a long long time to get it. It's just a really low drop rate.
  • Options
    wick220wick220 Member Posts: 40
    edited October 2014
    Yeah I had that drop for me last week on my CW - since I only had one artifact at the time it was an insta-equip. I was completely stunned when I saw "Special Reward". Oh you mean I got 2 Peri...EYE OF LATHANDER WTF?!?!
  • Options
    silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    veshorok wrote: »
    reading this thread i've realized that i'm the only one left in NV without that arti.

Nope - five toons, no Eye for me (well over 500 runs each in DR)
    I aim to misbehave
  • Options
    lady808lady808 Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    There's an artifact for doing those daily dungeons?! Not just 2 peridots?! /sarcasm off

I don't know about the rest of you folks, but when I'm in a group, I'm NEVER in the back of the group. I'm ALWAYs right in the thick of things. I'll pick people up if they drop, but only after being able to drop down a CC with a decent hold time. Most times I have mobs chasing my butt so stopping to pick someone up off the group is a bit deadly for me.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"If you're going to ride my HAMSTER... At least pull my hair"
    Taking the trash out, one badguy at a time.
    "Satisfaction guaranteed or twice your trash back."
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Well I'd like to be in the middle of the group.

But most of the time, everyone else is running ahead, leaving behind all of the loot.

Since I have Fey Blessings and Dragon Hoard enchants, I want to make sure I am not leaving behind valuable RP. But everyone runs at such a fast pace that if I stop and check, I am left behind.

Maybe I should just take off my Feys/Dragon Hoards when I do a dungeon and just run at breakneck speed.
  • Options
    inthere23inthere23 Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I crit with the Eye during double refinement weekend for about 5.9 million to take my artifact to legendary, I think I went about 3.4 million over in fact.
    Venril Sathir- CW
    Venril- SW
    Lurch- GF
    Mini Ven- DC
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Most of my characters that had an Eye lying around managed to take a DC artifact up to the point of just needing the marks to go legendary, due to double refinement.

Not to pooh-pooh the active bonus on the Eye or anything.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    chemboy613chemboy613 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The active is pretty cool, but the stats on it are pretty blah.

Once you can get it, DC sigil is just a better active in most situations, and there are many other with better stats.

Pretty underwhelming IMO.