test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ad farming with leadership

omgudied2omgudied2 Member Posts: 73 Arc User
edited October 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
ok I have 16 chars and almost all of them have leadership at level 20 (some have 2 and 3 Professions at 20). can someone link me to current thread that tells me the best way to Farm for AD with these 16 chars... under leadership? and THANKS!
A LONG TIME AGO... YADA YADA YADA DARTH VADER... JEDI
Post edited by omgudied2 on

Comments

• Options
    bernatkbernatk Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    omgudied2 wrote: »
    ok I have 16 chars and almost all of them have leadership at level 20 (some have 2 and 3 Professions at 20). can someone link me to current thread that tells me the best way to Farm for AD with these 16 chars... under leadership? and THANKS!

Ok, you have 16 chars with 20 leadership, and you don't know how to farm with them? U srs?
    JMYwySk.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    yep I always played the game never cared about the professions other then I know I need to do these! :) well now they hit 20 on professions how do I use them best now that the leveling is done.

it looks like destroy enemy camp gives 1600 but you can only do 3 every 12hours and they require no resources. but someone has to have like a optimized battle plan to max AD production in professions?
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    It's pretty simple, (assuming level 20 leadership):

3 x destroy enemy camp
    3 x protect diamond shipment (if it's available and you have the mining claims)
    3 x collect taxes (if you have the regional maps)

If you don't have the above, do 3x fight off spellplagued & 3 x battle undead.

You'll accumulate barrels and large chests of goods, and you can build up skill kits, potions, and enchantments, which can be used for yourself or sold on the AH for more ADs.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    mmm.. Make sure to keep your siege engine stock up. There are a few 1600 AD projects that require 3 engines each. I typically do three Aquire Siege Engines a day. Also, 15 refugees will get you a Mark of Gratitude, 3 of which plus 3 engines gets you a 1600 AD rare project. Also, always run the Rare mining claims one that gives you 2 claims unless it would trump a 1600AD project otherwise.

You have to balance your stock of inputs to 1600 AD projects against other options. If you run out of claims and siege engines, the only 1600AD project you'll get is the Normal one (Destroy Enemy Camp). Eventually, if you don't run resource projects, all you'll get are 3 1600 and some 400 projects. You're better off spending a few days stocking up on Siege Engines and Mining Claims at that point. If you have the resources (don't buy then, it's absolutely not worth it to buy the claims or engines or refugees in the AH), you'll frequently be able to do 6 1600AD projects at a time and sometimes, though very rarely, 9.

Also, I typically ignore the 15 Refugee one (despite what I said above). I get plenty of Marks out of the purple chests that come from the Siege projects. However, there is a rare 800AD one that takes 3 refugees (give refugees a home) that's worth running, so keep a stable of bums in your bag in case you that project is up and you don't have a rare 1600AD project (and you're good on other resources).

My typical leadership farmer always has 3 Destroy Camps and 3 Acquire Siege Engines running at all times. The other three slots vary, but are usually either a 1600 Rare project of some sort, or an 800AD project (either taxes or refugees). If I can't do either one of those, then I usually go kidnap.. er.. save more refugees for later use. I get enough green maps from reward boxes or drops to keep that supply up, same with mining claims, so I usually don't use profession to get claims (unless I'm low, then I watch for the 2-claim rare project - I don't waste time with the normal 1-claim one though and I don't run the 3-claim costing 1200AD project either, it's not cost effective against other options)
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I also recommend buying 4 blue workers for any crafting profession so you can unlock the "complete a task with a 100% speed bonus" slot. They don't get bound, so you can pass the 1 set around to all your characters.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    mystagoguemystagogue Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Utilize the Gateway.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    I cant quote a single post because they are all great thanks guys!
  • Options
    rotatorkufrotatorkuf Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    bioshrike wrote: »

3 x destroy enemy camp

You'll accumulate barrels and large chests of goods, and you can build up skill kits, potions, and enchantments, which can be used for yourself or sold on the AH for more ADs.

^ this

idk wtf the rest of the ppl are doing with their "advice", those methods are utterly inefficient

i do what bioshrike suggested, easy 22k+ (not including 2k rad from prayer) rad per day without any mat requirements (claims and maps come from barrel/chest of goods)

my priority list is almost identical (8 slots):

3 x destroy enemy camp (1600 x 3, 2 times per day, 9600 rad) *free*
    3 x fight off spellplagued (400 x 3, 4 times per day, 4800 rad) *free*
    *[if i have mining claim from large chest of goods and its available]
    *2 x protect diamond shipment (1600x2, 3200 rad, 6400 if you're lucky to run it 2 times per day)
    2 x collect taxes (800 x 2, 3 times per day, 4800 rad, i always have district maps from barrels) *free*
    2 x battle undead (worst case scenario, never really run it) *free*

so at least 19200 from the always available, always runnable tasks
    20800ish with protect diamond shipment
    add 2000 from prayer and you're almost at the daily rad refine limit
  • Options
    hudman21hudman21 Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I made this guide for leveling profession to 20 but it has some info about creating AD wealth.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?662431-Leveling-Leadership-Profession-to-20&highlight=leveling+leadership+profession
    Life is full of drains, I prefer to be a fountain
  • Options
    refracted0dawnrefracted0dawn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 894 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I also recommend buying 4 blue workers for any crafting profession so you can unlock the "complete a task with a 100% speed bonus" slot. They don't get bound, so you can pass the 1 set around to all your characters.

Yes, although Leadership tasks have only two worker slots, so you'd need two purples for that.

I unlock that slot with Alchemy, as I have a boat load of Master and Grandmaster Alchemists from boxes and from the AH when they were incredibly cheap. Alchemy is by far the quickest to get to level 20 with an actively adventuring character, as long as you have all the resources you need. That is why I stockpile all the potions I pick up and get from Invocations, and have one Grandmaster Alchemist grinding out Aqua Vitae and Aqua Regia for a few days until I have enough and mail them to my active character.

It's only 10 minutes to Experiment to get the Knowledge (although there are a lot of failures), then a few hours to do the Research with 4 Grandmasters. Also unlocks the Level 20 slot in a few days. And the beauty is you can do this with a single slot while adventuring and doing Dailies.

This may seem to have nothing to do with Leadership, but by using one slot for Alchemy on your active character with all the resources in inventory, you can unlock:

Complete a task with at least a 100% speed bonus
    Get any Profession to Level 3
    Get any Profession to Level 10
    Get any Profession to Level 20
    Complete a task and earn the Tier 3 result - I usually make a batch of dyes or potions, but you'll need 4 Epic Purple Tools for a good chance of this.

So, while adventuring, every few hours or so, certainly every day, you have a new slot you can put an additional Footman, Man-at-Arms, Adventurer or hero and get those AD flooding in.

It is SO slow to do it with Leadership alone. But once at level 20, I do the same as you - Destroy Enemy Camp for sure, and whatever pays the most AD. I don't really bother creating resources for Leadership except for farming Mining Claims. The only advantage to having Siege Engines or Marques of Gratitude is if a different Rare Task comes up instead of Protect Diamond Shipment.

I started in February, have 12 level 60 characters and I only have 2 or 3 characters with Rank 20 leadership (all the others are 18 or 19). But I also have two or three with 4 Professions at level 20, as farming Deep Wilderness Gathering produces a lot of stuff usable for Alchemy, which lets me open more slots for Leadership much more quickly.

:)
  • Options
    ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    3x Destroy Enemy Camp and 3x Protect Mining shipment (when available) are a no-brainer. They have pretty much the best AD value.

Other than those, it mostly depends on how many times a day can you log to collect and restart tasks.

If you log 2x a day (morning and evening) like me, most short jobs aren't an option.

I usually do:
    Raid enemy mines (when available) - 2x Mining claims (sell for 450 AD each usually), 12h,
    District Maps task (when available) - 2x District Maps (sell for 350 AD each)
    Acquire Siege Engine - 1x Siege engine (sells for 600 AD, or you can use 3x for a purple chest), 12h
    Resell goods at bazaar - 400AD + blue chest (requires 3x bills, usually sold @30-40 AD each) <- this is not the best value task, but I like opening chests :P

If you can log multiple times a day, the best tasks are:
    - Patrol the mines, 4h, ~100 AD/hour
    - Help the needy (R), 6h, ~100 AD/hour
    - Rescue Prisoners, 8h, ~75 AD/hour
    - Fight spellplagued, 6h, ~66 AD/hour + green barrel
    - Collect Taxes, 8h, ~60AD/hour + white chest

Of course, the better your assets, the shorter tasks you get, so AD/hour value increases.
  • Options
    myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited October 2014

3 x destroy enemy camp

+1. This is the best and most reliable long-term method.
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    3 x destroy enemy camp

This is the safest and easiest way to do it. There are some others. For a while I made a larger profit selling refugees on the AH. But that is unpredictable. You never know when someone is going to dump a couple thousand of them on the AH for cheap and ruin it for a couple weeks. The way bioshrike mentioned is safe and you don't have to worry about that.

There are other 1600 AD tasks, but in my opinion its generally not worth it to run them. Not unless you just happen to have the materials for them. Simply because the time you waste doing missions to get the required materials. The time/slots lost getting the materials plus the time to run the desired task - could be used on the regular missions to get you even more AD.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    runebane wrote: »
    There are other 1600 AD tasks, but in my opinion its generally not worth it to run them. Not unless you just happen to have the materials for them. Simply because the time you waste doing missions to get the required materials. The time/slots lost getting the materials plus the time to run the desired task - could be used on the regular missions to get you even more AD.

Yeah, I do these if and when it's convenient because I already have the stuff. I know I could also sell the stuff but consider it more trouble than it's worth. All my stuff is inadvertent rewards from doing Leadership in the first place. In other words, I never purposely make siege engines, but I do get them from boxes. I do sometimes purposely create refugees, if it's not going to disrupt anything else/I'm overcapped/etc.

My method for Leadership isn't viable without Gateway because it requires babysitting.

All adventurers, morning, if there are no rare tasks I want to do.
    3x camps
    3x taxes
    3x spellplagued
    Sub in diamond shipments/seek out maps if available.
    Check for diamond shipments every hour or so. If so, cancel spellplagued.

When spellplagued are done, replace with any appealling available task (it's not too late for diamond shipments but any task with 4-8 hour base duration is fine).
    When taxes are done, replace with spellplagued or patrol mines (possibly seek out maps). It is too late for diamond shipments to finish, but can start with footmen if they're up and collect next morning, judgement call.

Evening
    restart enemy camps with footmen unless able to start diamond shipments
    3x patrol mines (at least once)
    Check rare tasks regularly for diamond shipments, up until the point when even running them with double adventurers (8 hours) wouldn't be done in time for morning changeover. You need all your assets available in the morning.
    Final setup overnight is 3x collect taxes and whatever AD task can be done on the final slots if you didn't get diamond shipments (or maps).

You really only need to keep up your maps and mining claims. I'm usually fine but need to transfer some via mail once in a while. Other resources are incidental and can be spent when you have them.

Chart Region (making local maps into area maps) and Patrol Mines are two of the best tasks for levelling Leadership, so new characters are also a source of the key resources. Boxes from collecting taxes drop lots of local maps; save these and send to new characters (can use explore local area as a filler task to get even more). Barrels from spellplagued drop a fair amount of area maps too.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    djoffer1djoffer1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Fyi i always buys mining claims on the AH, you can always get a stack for 200ad each(not sure why some1 claimed he could sell his for 450 each), pretty much a necessity if you can only log on once a day...