Options

We have to do something about the dailies

2»

Comments

• Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    radiotubby wrote: »
    WoW has far more daily grind that this and allows you to buy an instant near end game level character, read that, not 2x experiment weekend or boon unlock, it is simply pay for the end game character on top of a monthly subscription. But yet, more than 7 million zombies and bots still play it and fanboys say it smells like a flower.

Yes, right. When WoW does it, it is great but when other games use the same marketing concept it is pay to win.

Nope. Nope. Nope. WoW will offer a lvl 90 character for money only in the new expansion, which is not yet released. That's 10 years after the fact. And the daily grind in WoW has nothing on NW I'm afraid. I would welcome the Netherwing dailies over say Sharandar or ToD.

If Cryptic are using the same template as Blizzard they have implemented it in a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> poor way.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    lirithiel wrote: »
    Nope. Nope. Nope. WoW will offer a lvl 90 character for money only in the new expansion, which is not yet released. That's 10 years after the fact. And the daily grind in WoW has nothing on NW I'm afraid. I would welcome the Netherwing dailies over say Sharandar or ToD.

If Cryptic are using the same template as Blizzard they have implemented it in a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> poor way.

Thanks for actually knowing what you are talking about! :) Refreshing!
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    lamminatbodenlamminatboden Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I don't mind a bit of grinding. I guess otherwise you really shouldn't play this game at all. But I would love to see less dailies and more story and actually PvE challeging content (if you make us go through all of the boons, then I want some content desinged to play with them as well!).

I have two friends who started to play, they really liked the game, I could convince them to farm up to 60 and get the Keys to MC and VT. But once that was done, there is only CN. We would love to play the ToD skirmish and dungeon together, but they don't have enough time to ever complete enough dalies.

And even I still don't have ToD finished. Not that I want to finish new content as quickly as possible, but I want to at least *be able to play* the new dungeon and skrimish at some point :(. Mod4 was only dailies with another not so exciting storyline so far.
  • Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I really wish there was a sense of progression in the campaigns, especially with the last one. Assist the Harpers, move on, assist the Emerald Enclave, move on etc etc. I was expecting to be done with the previous factions, but no, we still get asked to assist Harper Windle, even after completing the campaign. Where is the storyline that felt so engaging when I was leveling? So we take out Lostmauth and the gecko in SoT and now? All that gear, all those boons, overcharged sockets for what? It all seems pointless when we have no content to challenge our god-mode status.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Look, to preface what I have got to say, I am a PVE player not a PVP player and whilst I can understand the necessity for doing dailies for PVP they are entirely unnecessary in PVE. I Have 3 lvl 60 chars and I switch between them when I feel like it, I don't feel obliged to do the dailies and I only do them when I feel like it. Does that mean I am not competitive in the PVE environment? heck no, I can still play better then most players and run all the endgame dungeons, with the exception of the ToD dungeons...couldn't be bothered with the dailies. So my suggestion is, unless you playing PVP, forget about the dailies and only do them when you feel like it, its not like you need the stuff anyhow.
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Look, to preface what I have got to say, I am a PVE player not a PVP player and whilst I can understand the necessity for doing dailies for PVP they are entirely unnecessary in PVE. I Have 3 lvl 60 chars and I switch between them when I feel like it, I don't feel obliged to do the dailies and I only do them when I feel like it. Does that mean I am not competitive in the PVE environment? heck no, I can still play better then most players and run all the endgame dungeons, with the exception of the ToD dungeons...couldn't be bothered with the dailies. So my suggestion is, unless you playing PVP, forget about the dailies and only do them when you feel like it, its not like you need the stuff anyhow.
    When i start to see a film i want to finish it.. not stopping it because i can always see an already seen movie..
    You make no sense
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I hate to break it to everyone, but if you are expecting something completely different for mod 5. You are going to be disappointed. There is no reason, what so ever, that the model is going to change.

Even if Cryptic heard your cries and decided to radically change direction. It would of had to have been done around mod 3 to expect to see it soon. Mod 5 was most likely I the works before mod 4 launched. They are also most likely well into the planning stages on mod 6.

Put simply, assuming Cryptic feels there is enough reason to change their campaign model today. We won't see it until mod 7 at the soonest. That is the reality of it. The lead time on development takes months. Something, the folks who want change now, fail to realize.
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I agree that there needs to be a way so new players don't need to do everything from all past campaigns to be competitive
    in many games with each new expansion, there was a level cap raise, so most previous endgame content became obsolete.
    I understand if they don't want to do this here because it means a lot of wasted dungeons and stuff once the new expansion is ready, and also because we get new modules very often in here, and they can't raise the level cap each time.
    Maybe they could make all boons only to affect while their respective campaign is the newest one, but to make them more powerful.
    Like having a boon that instead of 200 power gives 2000 power, so people will play to unlock it the fastest they can to be more competitive, but as soon as the campaign is over, the boons don't work anymore, and a new set is ready.
    There would still need to be a reason to run past campaigns though, maybe equipment?

EDIT: Bottom line is, I think everyone should just do the dailies of the present campaign.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    radiotubbyradiotubby Member Posts: 36
    edited September 2014
    lirithiel wrote: »

Good thing you know Blizzard will be selling characters but don't be as ignorant as those who think level 90 characters are not more powerful than level 1 ones. You like the WoW dailies but not the Neverwinter ones? That's your opinion. Nothing wrong with opinions that everything has the right to express, whether right or wrong. It is also nothing wrong with some people who like the Neverwinter dailies more than the WoW daily grind. Likewise, I won't criticize people who like perfumes that smell like Sulfur Dioxide.
  • Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    rayrdan wrote: »
    When i start to see a film i want to finish it.. not stopping it because i can always see an already seen movie..
    You make no sense

Well....a lot of people are complaining that they, "don't have time to do dungeons" or some such, because of daily quests. They are complaining that daily quests are boring, and yes, I hear that you want to play new content, but after doing a daily quest once, it is no longer new and if you find it boring or horrible, then why on earth are you still doing it. There would be some justification if the benefits were actually necessary, but unless you playing PVP, it really isn't. Let me pose you a question....AFTER you have mindlessly grinded out the entire tyranny of the dragons campaign, what are you going to do? are you going to play PVP, do dungeons, do skirmishes, do foundries, or continue to mindlessly grind the same dailies. I can guarentee that the last is not what you are going to be doing. Comparing dailies to a film is stupid, rather, for your analogy to be more accurate, lets compare the campaigns to a bad TV series. If you don't like the first episode, or the first time you grind the dailies, you don't continue purely because you want to see how the series ends, you move on and find a better series. In this case, you can compare ToD, the bad series, to the already existing PVE content. The dungeons already in place are more entertaining and can provide more team based objective content then the campaigns do, so really, whilst I agree the campaigns are bad, I don't see why people are actually doing them, unless they are super competitive in PVP. What are you aiming to do, out gear CN to the point where you can solo it in under 10 mins on your dc? As if you are playing PVE, that is the only real reason to continually grind daily quests, because the gear and drops available in game without doing any dailies is already good enough to play through the PVE content.
  • Options
    pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    There would be some justification if the benefits were actually necessary, but unless you playing PVP, it really isn't.

A lot of the complainers don't actually want to unlock the boons for themselves because they know the boons aren't really necessary at this time. They are complaining because they want to sell the books for millions of AD and are irritated that Cryptic makes it hard for them to do so.
  • Options
    spacejewspacejew Member Posts: 1,044 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    This game is basically single-player at this point. Your dailies take up so much time on multiple characters that by the time you're done with them for the evening it's time to go to bed. Perhaps it will be better once you're caught up and have them all unlocked but if you're new to the game I imagine it's quite daunting.

Maybe if the dailies didn't actively discourage teaming, and if they revolved more around heroic encounters, they would actually be fun instead of massively tedious. Dread Ring is tolerable but all the rest of them are the opposite of fun. They feel like, and are, a grueling grind.
    MoF/Thaum CW SS/Thaum CW IV/Protector GF SW/Combat HR SM/Destroyer GWF WK/Executioner TR DO/Faithful DC
  • Options
    radiotubbyradiotubby Member Posts: 36
    edited September 2014
    Well....a lot of people are complaining that they, "don't have time to do dungeons" or some such, because of daily quests. They are complaining that daily quests are boring, and yes, I hear that you want to play new content, but after doing a daily quest once, it is no longer new and if you find it boring or horrible, then why on earth are you still doing it. There would be some justification if the benefits were actually necessary, but unless you playing PVP, it really isn't.

They are still doing the daily grind because this is what mmorpgs have become since WoW. Every mmorpg is dubbed a WoW-clone and dailies are just defacto feature of mmorpg. Rest assured, not everybody likes it but if they don't like it they don't have mmorpg to play. No problem though as there are MOBA among other games that they can play but many of them still feature daily grind, just not the kill 100 cultists and loot 50 sigils type though.
  • Options
    geeq5geeq5 Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    pointsman wrote: »
    A lot of the complainers don't actually want to unlock the boons for themselves because they know the boons aren't really necessary at this time. They are complaining because they want to sell the books for millions of AD and are irritated that Cryptic makes it hard for them to do so.

With all due respect i will have to disagree with you.
    They sell the books for millions of AD because the drop chance for getting them is ridiculously unfair, if the drop rate was a little bit higher it wouldnt be selling for so **** much.