test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dungeons, Invites, and Guilds Oh My!

princessjosieprincessjosie Member Posts: 30
edited September 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
So when you start a dungeon with five people you invite them and then join the dungeon.... So when a person leaves you're stuck with only 4 people until a random joins... If you're like me you'll ask a friend to que or a guildie to que for said dungeon just to get in... Well.. What if that person is a warlock and the dungeon que doesn't recognize them as something you need? I had a gf and a dc and needed a dps.

Or what if there's another dungeon que that needs them more? For example. I had 4 in my party, asked a guild mate to que, they kept joining a guy who was in the dungeon by himself.... First of all... How and why is a guy in Castle Never by himself? *sighs*

I'm sure everyone has noticed this "problem" and I'm not the only one who is upset by it since there's (oddly enough) no invite option once you're already inside a dungeon. This is the only game I have ever seen where there's NOT an invite option while you're in a dungeon.

"People may use that to their advantage and kick people out just to invite their friends." Well, that's why you start a dungeon with your friends in the first place. If you're going to pug, then you're going to pug.... If you want a pre-made dungeon then make a pre-made dungeon.

Let's say they won't implement an "invite" option in established dungeons.... Okay, that's fine... But you know how when you move to another zone where guildies or friends are in and sometimes you go to their instance because of that reason? Why can't we at least prioritize guild ques... So if a guild mate ques for the dungeon your que'd for then they should get into your party. Then you won't need to "implement an invite option" for unknown reasons and you can make it more complicated--simply put, an invite option is easier.

Feedback?
Post edited by princessjosie on

Comments

• Options
    serpentzminionserpentzminion Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    the protocols and mechanics for the dungeon queue system have needed a revamp since day 1 when it comes to broken parties. It needs to be redesigned so that at the VERY LEAST- we have the option to choose WHICH SPECIFIC CLASS we would like ported into the dungeon, not the class that the farging game queue thinks we need. This way, it would make it easier for a buddy on a warlock to get into a dungeon with you if you already have a SW in party- and not give to the (for some reason, undesirable to the developers) ability to just straight up invite a friend.
  • Options
    wizzumwaltwizzumwalt Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Actually the leader needs to have the ability to "lock" the group and then have some options as to what to fill the slot with, give the leader the chance to balance the group as they see fit, with a warning message for those joining the group that the group is not auto balanced but instead is controlled by the group leader.
  • Options
    yoadoadyoadoad Member Posts: 182 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    Good idea, but it's just a theoretical discussion. Even if this topic reaches 10 pages of "yeah, I agree" there won't be an official response. Just look at the Dragon Glyph topic.
    I agree with your idea, and I appreciate the effort you put in it, but it'll probably stay in your imagination
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    We didn't have a warlock, we were down a dps, had a healer, had a tank, just needed a dps.... :(

And we never got one and just broke up the party because every one that que'd joined that one guy that was all by himself. >.<
  • Options
    jaydenomega812jaydenomega812 Member Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    So when you start a dungeon with five people you invite them and then join the dungeon.... So when a person leaves you're stuck with only 4 people until a random joins... If you're like me you'll ask a friend to que or a guildie to que for said dungeon just to get in... Well.. What if that person is a warlock and the dungeon que doesn't recognize them as something you need?

Or what if there's another dungeon que that needs them more? For example. I had 4 in my party, asked a guild mate to que, they kept joining a guy who was in the dungeon by himself.... First of all... How and why is a guy in Castle Never by himself? *sighs*

I'm sure everyone has noticed this "problem" and I'm not the only one who is upset by it since there's (oddly enough) no invite option once you're already inside a dungeon. This is the only game I have ever seen where there's NOT an invite option while you're in a dungeon.

"People may use that to their advantage and kick people out just to invite their friends." Well, that's why you start a dungeon with your friends in the first place. If you're going to pug, then you're going to pug.... If you want a pre-made dungeon then make a pre-made dungeon.

Let's say they won't implement an "invite" option in established dungeons.... Okay, that's fine... But you know how when you move to another zone where guildies or friends are in and sometimes you go to their instance because of that reason? Why can't we at least prioritize guild ques... So if a guild mate ques for the dungeon your que'd for then they should get into your party. Then you won't need to "implement an invite option" for unknown reasons and you can make it more complicated--simply put, an invite option is easier.

Feedback?

I couldn't agree more that an option to invite who we want to an established dungeon instance would be very helpful. Though too it could cause problems with people using others to get thru to the end boss, defeating them with a certain team, then tossing everyone out only to invite fellow guildies in for the loot rolls.

destroyedserver.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    yoadoad wrote: »
    Good idea, but it's just a theoretical discussion. Even if this topic reaches 10 pages of "yeah, I agree" there won't be an official response. Just look at the Dragon Glyph topic.
    I agree with your idea, and I appreciate the effort you put in it, but it'll probably stay in your imagination

I'll post my support ticket and keep harassing them. If enough people keep harassing them it'll happen, I'm sure.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    I couldn't agree more that an option to invite who we want to an established dungeon instance would be very helpful. Though too it could cause problems with people using others to get thru to the end boss, defeating them with a certain team, then tossing everyone out only to invite fellow guildies in for the loot rolls.

destroyedserver.jpg

How many people need to vote to kick someone out? I've only kicked out one person before for needing on everything when he was asked very nicely several times to greed on epics, etc. I'm pretty sure there are regulations for booting players and you can even report players for kicking you out, my friend has done it before because he got booted for looting chests in a dungeon--the Pirate one in particular.

I mean.... Yeah... You're always going to have ******... But that doesn't mean we shouldn't have an invite feature.
  • Options
    jaydenomega812jaydenomega812 Member Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    this is very good case.
  • Options
    lilbro35lilbro35 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    tbh, i think that alot of stuff needs to be revamped in this game. for one AH prices are way to high. most players (especially f2p) cant afford the gear. it takes an artifact belt to drop and then sell on the AH to even begin to afford half the stuff on the AH. also with out a certain GS you wont even get invited to a dungeon. many ppl just want the dungeon finder to actually work. also drop rates for items worth anything have such a low chance to obtain. basically if you cant afford to pay. your not getting anywhere. i believe it is time to make everyone have a good chance to enjoy the game. without being screwed at every turn. ppl can say what they want about what i have just wrote. but many other ppl feel the same way and are just affraid to be trolled or told they a ****.
  • Options
    stretch611stretch611 Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Actually the queue system has a priority...

Dungeons where designed for a party to have a tank, healer, and dps. With this in mind, If you are down 1 person and don't have a tank, the queue will only add a tank to your party. (NOTE: only GFs count as tanks to the queue, NOT GWF even if they are sentinel builds; i.e. if you do not have a GF you can ONLY get a GF.)

If you are down one person and have a GF, but you do not have a DC... you will get only a DC from the queue. (Again, only DCs are considered healers to the queue, not temptation SWs.)

Once you have a GF and a DC, you will get DPS classes into your party. (It *may* give you a DPS before a GF or DC if you are down multiple characters and there will still be room for a missing GF/DC) However, the queue will not stack more than 2 of the same class in one party.

If you are missing both a GF and a DC, but only have 1 slot, the queue will prioritize the GF; you will not get a DC in this case.

In addition, the queue system seems to fill the parties that have been waiting in the dungeon the longest. Having a GF queue for you, may send him to a party that has been waiting longer. The way around this is to have 2 or 3 GF's queue until you get one.

Skirmishes are completely different... they will add any class, but again stack no more than two of the same class.

When you learn the above rules it is actually quite easy to manipulate the queue. And yes the potential for abuse is there if you could just invite a friend, so I doubt that will ever happen.
    @stretch611

Murphster - SS CW | Jennsen Rahl - MoF CW
    Taarna - GWF
    Eowyn - Protector OP | Leela - Devoted OP
    Mara Jade - TR
    Leeloo - Tempt SW | Kahlan Amnell - Fury SW | Galadriel - Damnation SW
    Sturm Nightblade - GF
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Libro, Cryptic can't "revamp" player characters. They can only "revamp" the technical features of the game.

No matter what game you play there will always be a biased economy where the rich get richer and the poor stay poor. The good thing about Neverwinter is that things are very attainable. You don't need a certain gear score to join a dungeon, you just need a good guild or good friends that'll run you through the dungeon.

AD and gear is attainable in the same way--a good guild or good friends to help you by getting the drops. I'm not bashing or trolling you as that's against my policy as a guild leader and a respectable player, social etiquette I like to call it. What you need is a good guild. There are plenty of free to play players out there who have no trouble at all in getting diamonds and gear and into dungeons and they are very, very good. I'm free to play in the gearing aspect, I've only spent money on outfits and mounts.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    stretch611 wrote: »
    Actually the queue system has a priority...

Dungeons where designed for a party to have a tank, healer, and dps. With this in mind, If you are down 1 person and don't have a tank, the queue will only add a tank to your party. (NOTE: only GFs count as tanks to the queue, NOT GWF even if they are sentinel builds; i.e. if you do not have a GF you can ONLY get a GF.)

If you are down one person and have a GF, but you do not have a DC... you will get only a DC from the queue. (Again, only DCs are considered healers to the queue, not temptation SWs.)

Once you have a GF and a DC, you will get DPS classes into your party. (It *may* give you a DPS before a GF or DC if you are down multiple characters and there will still be room for a missing GF/DC) However, the queue will not stack more than 2 of the same class in one party.

If you are missing both a GF and a DC, but only have 1 slot, the queue will prioritize the GF; you will not get a DC in this case.

In addition, the queue system seems to fill the parties that have been waiting in the dungeon the longest. Having a GF queue for you, may send him to a party that has been waiting longer. The way around this is to have 2 or 3 GF's queue until you get one.

Skirmishes are completely different... they will add any class, but again stack no more than two of the same class.

When you learn the above rules it is actually quite easy to manipulate the queue. And yes the potential for abuse is there if you could just invite a friend, so I doubt that will ever happen.

I would like for you to REREAD my entire message. Thank you. You're telling me something I've already DISCUSSED.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    --Removed the ticket as requested--

When I submitted a ticket it was because I was in Castle Never and they wouldn't give us a 5th player because another party was in Castle Never with one player in it and everyone who qued (my guildie in particular) kept joining their party and we were left a man down.

The support told me that this would be a good topic to discuss on the forums... As a paraphrase.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    magenubbie wrote: »
    @Josie:
    might as well remove that reply from support or a mod will do it for you. You're not allowed to post their replies here under any circumstance.

Yup. You can paraphrase and say they pointed you to create a forum topic about it.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Yeah I removed it, thanks, I didn't know that.
  • Options
    serpentzminionserpentzminion Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Edit- Reply to wrong topic.
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    How many people need to vote to kick someone out?

Currently, it only takes 2 people to kick someone out. The system counts passes or abstains as yes votes. So what normally happens is someone initiates a vote, some one else votes yes, everyone else just closes the pop up prompt and the vote passes anyhow. This only gets worse if votes are started intentionally at awkward times to encourage people to close the prompt. So the system does not require a majority, only a majority of people who actually voted.

The kick system would have to be fixed first, or an invite option would just be an open invite to exploit.