test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dragon eggs from nodes?

humanpirhanahumanpirhana Member Posts: 10 Arc User
edited October 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
I remember reading somewhere on here at some point that there was a very small chance to get a dragon egg drop from profession nodes during the professions event. Is this still true and does anyone have a rough idea of the chance? I've been farming profession nodes in a certain area for weeks now when the event comes up without result. I understand the chance may be extremely tiny, so I'm just asking to determine if I just haven't farmed enough yet or if that is no longer the case. Also, is there any chance that the nodes have to be somewhat level appropriate for the shot at the egg, because I'm a 60 and have been farming at a significantly lower level zone.

Thanks for any helpful input in advance.
"If the game spit out 20 dollar bills, some people would complain that the serial numbers weren't in order." -Texas Justice of the City of Heroes forums

City of Heroes April 27 2004- November 2012 RIP A special game with a special community and an amazing development team. It will be missed but not forgotten, and NCSoft will never get another dime of my money as long as I live. @#$%ing bastiches.
Post edited by humanpirhana on

Comments

• djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The probability is there but since you are confined to 5-6 nodes an hour in case you are a bot before the nodes start only giving baubles, I wouldn't waste time farming them.
  • anatas07anatas07 Member Posts: 164 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    AH farm is by far the best way to farm anything that is not BOP - do not argue - is a fact.
    If you see this and have the answer - PM me or answer real quick because this post will be removed
  • tendragonetendragone Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    It's probably just better to farm AD through whatever means you have available than the nodes themselves to be honest and simply buy them off of the AH. That would be my preference. Cheerss
  • rlrobrrlrobr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I've never seen a a dragon egg from a node, ever. Considering I play regularly since beta, I'm sure the chance is too small to even be considered as such.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Someone posted a screenshot of themselves apparently getting a dragon egg as a drop from a monster (not a node) once. Once.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Its really rare. But I like to say everytime I loot a skill node in a group "OMG I GOT A DRAGON EGG", even though I never have.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • mungsumungsu Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    If I remember correctly, I've received a dragon egg from a skill node and from a chest. It's been a long time ago though, at least a year.

I mainly remember because it was such a shock. Kind of like getting an artifact from the Dread Ring chest and refining a weapon enchant with a preservation ward. Those one-in-a-lifetime events kind of stick with you.
  • aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I don't remember ever getting one from a skill node. I've been here since Beta and have 5 lvl 60's (although I'm not sure where all my eggs have come from). I have seen one drop from a mob once, in Whispering Caverns. I was in a group and lost the roll.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I'm not sure what the time limit/number on how many nodes you can harvest but it's a lot more than listed above. Generally speaking, if you are fighting the mobs in between looting the nodes, you won't trip the limit. It's only if you go to areas where the mobs won't aggro and just run from node to node that you have to worry. I've farmed nodes since Beta and only once gotten hit with it, though numerous times I've gotten the results of other people who have. (N.B. if you don't clear out a node it's contents are left for the next player, take everything even if you then discard it!)

Since Beta (early June) I've never seen and egg drop so if they do they are beyond rare.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Ive gotten an egg from a node, once. That's one time in over a year. One single time with playing nearly every day from the very moment open beta started. I fully expect my odds of getting hit by lightning are higher then getting a second egg from a node.
  • lpsxlpsx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 138 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    never seen a egg, only dye drop (not from a event) & that was in open beta................
  • penthallionpenthallion Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Someone posted a screenshot of themselves apparently getting a dragon egg as a drop from a monster (not a node) once. Once.

Yeah, that was me in a foundry, not sure if the loot tables are different in those things, I still have the screen shot if you guys are interested in seeing it.
  • str8slayerstr8slayer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 715 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    I've heard it's possible but I've never seen one or heard of anyone else getting one, yer gonna spend the AD for these, no way to farm.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lazyloftguylazyloftguy Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    mungsu wrote: »
    I mainly remember because it was such a shock. Kind of like getting an artifact from the Dread Ring chest

It's not that rare is it?
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014

I have played since Open beta and have exactly 0 Dragon Eggs from drops or nodes so I am guessing it really IS that rare....
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited October 2014

It's rarer.

I got a dragon egg very, very early on from a node while playing the game.
    I have not received another one since.