test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Siege of Neverwinter - Patch @ End of Event?!?! CRYPTIC Please Read!!!

veerwingveerwing Member Posts: 11 Arc User
edited January 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
Cryptic / Perfect World DEV Team,

So today is the last day of the event for the "Siege of Neverwinter" and its currently 6:50 AM PST which is 4 hours before the event ends. Granted there has been lag and bugs (with targeting dragons) but today is the last day to play and so I set my alarm and got up early before having to go to work. My mission? To log in my two characters and my last 2 "Medals of Heroism" four hours before the event ends. And for frustration sake, I only needed two more to get the "pack" that I've been working towards all week long... I'm a casual player with a professional job so I don't have endless hours to play all work-week and have about 1 hour a day that I can commit to "gaming." And on this last day of the event, guess what happens?

"We will be performing shard maintenance on Sept 25 from 7-9:30 AM Pacific (1400-1630 UTC). Please check the forums."

Not only is there NOTHING on the Forums in regards to this update (the last one is for 9/18/14), but you can't log into the game 10 minutes BEFORE the patch is supposed to start... Why would Cryptic run a patch update 4 hours before the event closes down and then have to do another one to unload it? If you're going to short players (players that actually $PAY$ for this game) time that is promised for an event, then you need to EXTEND the event 24 hours to make up for it...

Regards,

Veerwing
Post edited by veerwing on

Comments

• rgladiatorgladiato Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Maintenance is every Thursday at 7AM Pacific.
    Nixon the TR
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
    o1iHDN0.png?1
  • veerwingveerwing Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Then if this is a standard "update" time, they should have realized that during their milestone reporting (or calendar scheduling of events) and added an extra day. Don't you think?

~V
  • yawulfyawulf Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    It was posted last night that there would be maintenance today, and thursday is usually set aside for maintenance they run only one update they wont run another one to unload event never seen that in over a year of playing.Its a server reset so hopefully we wont download anytin
  • group5egroup5e Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    rgladiato wrote: »
    Maintenance is every Thursday at 7AM Pacific.

"Maintenance" is every Thursday at 7AM Pacific. The patch repairing the maintenance is usually followed on the next day. Fixed it for you. xD
  • hudman21hudman21 Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I have to agree with OP. Why not make the maintenance AFTER the event ends? or post the event to end before the maintenance starts? or extend the event 2 hours to make up for the maintenance?

Poor planning
    Life is full of drains, I prefer to be a fountain
  • rgladiatorgladiato Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    group5e wrote: »
    "Maintenance" is every Thursday at 7AM Pacific. The patch repairing the maintenance is usually followed on the next day. Fixed it for you. xD

Ha ha. That only happens with a new module or event. Regular patches with new bugs don't have fixes applied for weeks / months / never ever.
    Nixon the TR
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
    o1iHDN0.png?1
  • amselamsel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Eh, yeah it sucks. But maint was stated, and is always this time. I admit i got up early to finish off my characters and buy everything i wanted before maint started. I planed for it as any player should, and i work 80 hours a week. I just dont see where the HUGE problem is. Yeah a minor inconvenience that patch day is during my play time each week but i plan for it, no harm no foul.
    PWE player Since 2008 ;D

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • enbeekayenbeekay Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    hudman21 wrote: »
    I have to agree with OP. Why not make the maintenance AFTER the event ends? or post the event to end before the maintenance starts? or extend the event 2 hours to make up for the maintenance?

Poor planning

Everyone else that plays 30+ hours a week already got their multiple chest/box of rewards and they don't care. They should at the very least have a vendor up where people who work and don't lock themselves in dark rooms can turn in any event currency they have and then remove that vendor next Thursday.
  • djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    There was also an emergency maintenance on the first Friday of the event, another 3 hours missed, that one was not planned, I asked if it was gonna be extended, the crickets had no answers.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    djarkaan wrote: »
    There was also an emergency maintenance on the first Friday of the event, another 3 hours missed, that one was not planned, I asked if it was gonna be extended, the crickets had no answers.

Boohoo, 3 hours of a week-long event, boohoo?
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    As stated, maintenance is at this time every week, so regardless of what the calendar says, the game is ALWAYS DOWN at this time. Yes, it's a little silly they didn't set the event to end when the maintenance was to begin rather than after, but that doesn't change the fact that Thursday morning is ALWAYS maintenance. And also as stated, it was posted last night -- but regardless, since it's always the same day and usually the same time every week, it's the sort of thing one should simply come to expect and not assume it won't happen because of anything shown on the calendar.
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The event vendor is typically around for the week following the end, so if you haven't purchased everything you want, you should be able to until next Thursday's maintenance. Check the event dais when the server comes back up.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • reagenlionel1reagenlionel1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    This essentially happens with every event for the past nearly 2 years.

Sure it would had made more sense to do the maintenance after the event ends.

But after so long, should just come to be accustomed to expecting this. Sure it sucks, but after all this time with this being requested after every event and CTA. Becomes clear they dont take that into account.

So I've gotten accustomed to subtracting a few hours from the ingame event time than whats stated. Cause thats what they'll end up doing anyway. The only event thats gotten extended has been the summer festival (both last and this year) and the anniversary.
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    By the way, the maintenance is over and the even is still running for another 1 hour 17 minutes. There's still time.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    By the way, the maintenance is over and the even is still running for another 1 hour 17 minutes. There's still time.

But the OP is at work now . . .
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
    edited September 2014
    Well, the OP should start feeling really, really sick right now and get in his car and get home... :)
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    I agree that scheduling a patch (even one that happens the same time every week) at the very end of an event is just poor planning. All events end slightly after maintenance ends (unless of course maintenance is extended...)

Just start the event several hours later, and end it several hours later. Same event duration, no scheduling conflict.
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • onionbroonionbro Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I did the exact same thing as OP. I too cannot play all the time, due to the time demands of work and family. I woke up early only to find the server down. Hopefully it opens up again before the Seige ends, I got a box (which held <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>) and only need one more Writ for the Archer (daily cooldown ended at 2am and I couldn't make it, fell asleep at like 1:36 haha)

All their times are posted in PST sooo... why not just makes events start and close at a time like noon? If you maintenance is always scheduled 7-9ish why start/stop events at 10?

EDIT: Didn't realize this was an old thread. Apologies for bumping it up
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Every event I hear people complaining about the same stuff, I would have figured they would have understood already that it'll always happen.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • henry404henry404 Member Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    +1 to most of this really. It is a bit daft that most events end at about the same time as regular maintenance but that's just how it is and we just have to get used to it.

The good news is that the event vendor will probably stick around until next Thursday.
    The bad news is that the chap who trades the Defense Supplies may not. I seem to recall he did not hang around last time the event ended.
This discussion has been closed.