test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TR changes in mod 5 that could make everyone happy.

dakburdakbur Member Posts: 152 Bounty Hunter
edited October 2014 in The Thieves' Den
I’ve spend a good deal of time thinking about how to balance our class and make everyone (mostly) happy. I think I have it so I want to get a discussion going on this little thought experiment. Please don’t simply say “fix bugs, triple damage, done”

1st core change to the class: Using at-wills will increase the rate of stealth meter depletion by 300-400%. I know pretty much everyone hates this idea, but keep reading before grabbing for your flamethrower.

2nd core change to the class: Introduction of a power that does not break stealth, but sets a trap similar to DC chains. When used out of stealth, it could do weak-moderate damage but a long stun or prone.

I think the themes for the feat trees should be set up as follows:
Saboteur = stealthy tree
Scoundrel = CC tree
Executioner = DPS tree

-Saboteur Tree = Add a Tier 4 feat that reduces stealth depletion from at-will use under stealth by 20/40/60/80/100%.

-Scoundrel Tree = This would add/lengthen stuns/dazes to LB, IS, & other abilities as well as a moderate increase in damage.

-Executioner Tree = High Increased damage from IS & LB (and others) or greatly reduced CDs.

A few Power changes…
Deft strike = half the cooldown, slightly increased damage.
Blitz = 7 sec cooldown (instead of 12) [optional for balance -work these CDs into the tier 1 & 2 feat trees]
Path of the Blade = 15 sec CD (instead of 25) & hits multiple opponents [optional for balance -work these CDs into the tier 1 & 2 feat trees]
Sky flourish = Now hits multiple opponents 5' in an arc front of you [optional for balance -work this into a heroic or T1 feat tree]

By working some changes like these, those that wanted to stay perma, can do so, but would have to spec specifically for it and give up a hefty portion of DPS.

Those that want high DPS can get it .

Those that are willing to trade some damage for CC can get it.

Everybody can get much better AoE abilities and a much improved closing ability.

That’s the basic overview… lemme grab my flame retardant cloak…
Post edited by dakbur on

Comments

• rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Nah i m just not gonna wait until mod 5.
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I like the idea of clearly defining, stealth, cc and dps trees.
    they're good changes that don't require THAT much work.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • shunterinoshunterino Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    If you're going to have at-wills reduce stealth then you have to do something about gloaming cut/sneaky stabber since you can't have an at-will that both reduces and increases stealth. It requires a complete rework, which can be done, of course, but would mean a lot of effort. Which is exactly why they abandoned this idea last time they tried it.

Although the fact they almost implemented it without realising gloaming increased stealth until the last minute gives you some idea of what we can expect in the future.
  • crusherbeastcrusherbeast Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    If there would be on saboteur way that there is no stealth depletion at all, then your idea would be worth noticing. But if you are so obsessed about destroying perma stealth then ok. If GWF will break unstoppable on each use of encounter and each at-will would reduce duration dramatically, then stealth nerf has sense. If CW will have 1/2 damage of TR skills, then stealth nerf has sense. If HR will have approx same defense and healing, then stealth nerf has sense. If not you might try stealth nerf threads on section for pug qq-ers.
    Tairev-TR(All kind of killing tools)
    Asha-DC(Faithful-Anointed Champion)
    Vilgefortz-CW(Thaumaturge-balance)
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    for those in saboteur, stealth wouldn't be nerfed at all, For the other 2 tress it would be nerfed only in change of adding other things, like more damage in exe or more cc in scoundrel, I'm perfectly ok with that.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • shadowbunsliceshadowbunslice Member Posts: 175 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    Rather than have at wills deplete stealth, a very simple rework is to move the heroic feat that increases stealth, cunning stalker i believe it is called, into the saboteur tree. This would effectively kill a high stealth rotation as a scoundrel or exceutioner. If you look at lashing blade, a rogue actually gets this ability at level 5, so the CD and effect are in line with a beginner power, the same could be said of bloodbath. However, where CWs get shard of the avalanche, GWF gets IBS, and DC gets astral shield TR gets smoke bomb. Smoke bomb is a great power, it is arguably one of the best CC encounters across all classes. But if you look at every encounter a TR has after level 30 they are VERY underwhelming compared to other classes. The same is true of a TR's dailies, especially in terms of PVE. Tr's need a complete and total rework of encounters and dailies.

I would like to see Tr's get their old single target damage back to at least half it's effectiveness as at launch. I remember getting 10-16k crit bleeds ticking every half second. 30-60 k lashing blades from lurkers assault, and 70+k crits with shocking execution. All of this with no debuffs on the target, a 9k GS, no weapon enchant, and stats that were not optimized.

Naturally, doing this in the wrong way would imbalance them for PVP. However, this could be rectified with the following change to the live version of flurry.

Flurry *rework* : The bleed effect of this power now stacks up to 30 times. Each bleed stack adds a 1% chance for the bleed effect of flurry to crit.

Any person that lets you land 3 or more consecutive flurries on them in pvp with less that 6 seconds in-between each flurry deserves to die, or likely, is already dead.

Sabotuer and scoundrel capstone feats need to be made more viable as well.
  • rustlordrustlord Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    If Stealth must be depleted by at-will use, it should not be depleted by time then.
  • godlysoul2godlysoul2 Member Posts: 661 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    I know people that do this kind of thing probably mean well, but its pointless to get into specifics. Let the developers handle it, and then offer suggestions on how to tweak it. They are not going to make drastic design changes to the specifics of powers like these based on a forum post. Not to mention many times when you start talking about specifics instead of general ideas there is much more that is flawed or included for personal reasons rather than what would be best as a whole.

Also though, they made it clear they don't want to alter stealth duration, but stealth utility. TR is already lacking in defensive capability so much that it can't afford to lose any stealth as far as duration. I would hate to see stealth duration shortened in any manner, as it is such a key component of the class, but also an incredible skill factor compared to any other class in the game. If it weren't for that mechanic allowing for skill to play such a prominent factor in potential, I wouldn't continue to play this game. Even HR (and CW to an extent) is now too simplistic for me to enjoy.

I still like their ideas they have said so far. Add visibility for those attacked by a stealthed person or drain damage the longer one is in/attacks from stealth. These kinds of ideas that reduce stealth utility while keeping the mechanic the same at its core is what I'd much rather like to see. Duration does not need nerfed, and I wish people would quit focusing on that as a key part of the solution. It's only stealths capability that needs nerfed.
  • crusherbeastcrusherbeast Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Most important changes that need to be done before mod 5 are:
    -this useless shocking execution buffed by 100-200%
    -unnerf impact shot
    -fix impossible to catch
    -stealth needs to be fixed(not like now TR are visible in stealth)
    -and the last thing is to make TR feats(each of them) useful.
    Tairev-TR(All kind of killing tools)
    Asha-DC(Faithful-Anointed Champion)
    Vilgefortz-CW(Thaumaturge-balance)
  • shadowbunsliceshadowbunslice Member Posts: 175 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    godlysoul2 wrote: »
    I know people that do this kind of thing probably mean well, but its pointless to get into specifics. Let the developers handle it, and then offer suggestions on how to tweak it. They are not going to make drastic design changes to the specifics of powers like these based on a forum post. Not to mention many times when you start talking about specifics instead of general ideas there is much more that is flawed or included for personal reasons rather than what would be best as a whole.

Also though, they made it clear they don't want to alter stealth duration, but stealth utility. TR is already lacking in defensive capability so much that it can't afford to lose any stealth as far as duration. I would hate to see stealth duration shortened in any manner, as it is such a key component of the class, but also an incredible skill factor compared to any other class in the game. If it weren't for that mechanic allowing for skill to play such a prominent factor in potential, I wouldn't continue to play this game. Even HR (and CW to an extent) is now too simplistic for me to enjoy.

I still like their ideas they have said so far. Add visibility for those attacked by a stealthed person or drain damage the longer one is in/attacks from stealth. These kinds of ideas that reduce stealth utility while keeping the mechanic the same at its core is what I'd much rather like to see. Duration does not need nerfed, and I wish people would quit focusing on that as a key part of the solution. It's only stealths capability that needs nerfed.

+1 post. I usually find that the people able to deal with and counter stealth are the people who are performing at high skill levels. With GWF, HR, this is not always true, these classes are so tough and have aoe attacks that are spammable, in a war of attrition they usually always come out on top. Similarly, GF and CW even if they are playing at high skill levels have notable disadvantage vs rogue in terms of their powers/mechanics. I would like to see timing, landing attacks, and tactical movement all be more rewarding across all classes.

I also agree that extreme Ideas that have wildly varying consequences and possibly would be hard to implement are very likely to be ignored. When proposing changes we should look at the big picture and offer simple solutions. Honestly, the solutions are simple, it should be very easy to balance stealth for pvp and make tweaks to TR powers to make them viable for PVE. Past nerfs and changes to all classes have given me very little confidence in the devs ability to do this.

I have said it before and I'll say it again. Stealth for combat is not overpowered nor has it ever been. It is for Node control. Node control is the most important factor in winning or losing a dominion match, and THIS is why TRs are dominating the leaderboards. Stealth as a form of node control is what needs to be addressed and tweaked.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    so guys im dropping here what i find wrong in the TR class in order to just copy past when time will come:

1) Charima: actually gives only 0.1% more combat advantage damage.
    2) Scoundrel: all the feats there just dont work. Broken.
    3) We get no free armor pen by stats like every other classes.
    4) We are too squishy and we need some survivability tools like the new HR ( wild medicine, aspect of the lone wolf ).
    5) Our damaging encounter is only lashing blade (with a too high CD, not that high damage and easy to miss) : increase damage, reduce cd and put a flat 5 sec if missed.
    6) path of the blade should not be single target.
    7) we are too much depending on bonus set based on stealth and bait and switch: increase base stealth time and rework bait and switch. Like this we would be more visible and more flexible in builds.
    8) ITC sometimes does not work for the first second
    9) a general reworks to feats in order to be more damaging ( gwfs, CW, HR have all well defined flat increases bt feats ).
    10) unnerf impact shot
    11) increase shocking execution damage.
    12) TRs can be hard targetted in stealth with some command line bound on the keyboard or mouse.
    13) increase our base HP pool.
    14) shadow strike sometime bugs without refilling stealth bar but goes on cooldown.
    15) clowd of steel back to 12 charges
  • nwnanomidgynwnanomidgy Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    ^

Absolutely agree with the above post.
  • darlenadarlena Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I've played for 2.5 months and I noticed these things below, also I'm 14.5k and have a fair amount of pvp experience (in T2 lol)
    rayrdan wrote: »
    so guys im dropping here what i find wrong in the TR class in order to just copy past when time will come:

1) Charisma: actually gives only 0.1% more combat advantage damage.
    Not sure about this but seems quite useless. Is it meant to be 1%?
    2) Scoundrel: all the feats there just dont work. Broken.
    Which ones? I use: Underhanded, Nimble, Mocking, Action, WW, they all seem to work ( though I do no testing )
    3) We get no free armor pen by stats like every other classes.
    This does seem ridiculous for a "DPS class"
    4) We are too squishy and we need some survivability tools like the new HR ( wild medicine, aspect of the lone wolf ).
    +1 because stealth is so broken
    5) Our damaging encounter is only lashing blade (with a too high CD, not that high damage and easy to miss) : increase damage, reduce cd and put a flat 5 sec if missed.
    The "dodge" mechanics of other classes is a joke, and glitchy. If you LB a CW for example, they have a brief window after the hit but before damage is calculated to still dodge and the entire skill is missed. I like the "miss" cooldown idea a lot. Also the damage should probably be increased 30-50%. I think we can all agree that launch TRs were ridiculously overpowered.
    6) path of the blade should not be single target.
    It would be great if it were AoE and constantly ticked on anything in range.
    7) we are too much depending on bonus set based on stealth and bait and switch: increase base stealth time and rework bait and switch. Like this we would be more visible and more flexible in builds.
    I'm unsure why bait needs reworked. However, stealth should have no perma (skills to refill the bar) and stealth should naturally be much longer or "perma" in the sense that it's on until you are noticed (attacked for being too close to the enemy, not aoe) or you attack. (like WoW and many other games)
    8) ITC sometimes does not work for the first second
    Confirmed, it needs to be activated slightly ahead of taking damage.
    9) a general reworks to feats in order to be more damaging ( gwfs, CW, HR have all well defined flat increases bt feats ).
    10) unnerf impact shot
    I know IS used to be amazing at some point, I still find it great and while I think it deserves either a ~15% damage boost or ~2-3 second cooldown speedup per charge, it seems okay where it's at.
    11) increase shocking execution damage.
    SE is completely <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, it's a daily so I don't see why they changed it from instakill at half health. With the severe drop in TR damage all around which made LB > SE instant death for anyone, I don't understand the huge nerf SE received. It's also extremely useless in PvE.
    12) TRs can be hard targeted in stealth with some command line bound on the keyboard or mouse.
    I can't believe this is possible but I know it happens, all the time, another reason stealth is broken.
    13) increase our base HP pool.
    Seems okay to me.
    14) shadow strike sometime bugs without refilling stealth bar but goes on cooldown.
    15) cloud of steel back to 12 charges
    Again, probably a good idea because it was abused back when damage was much higher.

TL : DR, I think one of the biggest problems by far with the game is the huge lack of skills. Limiting rogues especially to 3 encounters is a joke when most TRs require at least 1 defensive encounter slotted just to survive. I believe having less options opposed to more options is strictly bad design.
  • dakburdakbur Member Posts: 152 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    If there would be on saboteur way that there is no stealth depletion at all, then your idea would be worth noticing. But if you are so obsessed about destroying perma stealth then ok. If GWF will break unstoppable on each use of encounter and each at-will would reduce duration dramatically, then stealth nerf has sense. If CW will have 1/2 damage of TR skills, then stealth nerf has sense. If HR will have approx same defense and healing, then stealth nerf has sense. If not you might try stealth nerf threads on section for pug qq-ers.

I think what you and many others are missing, is that you will no longer NEED to rely on at-wills from stealth to be viable. We will have 3 basics viable strategies.

If you spec executioner, you don't need stealth at-wills, because you are bursting opponents down & stealth will be used for repositioning and tactics than the main combat mechanic.

If you are sabatour, you gain large CC abilities and small-moderate DPS boost. Your main survival mechanic is stuns and dazes while DPSing.

If you really, really love perma & want to use at-wills from stealth... guess what... you can still spec sabatour it and play that way. Perma is an already viable build, so it shouldn't get more than a nudge in terms of DPS increase... it mostly suffers from the bugs imo.
  • hattorimkdhattorimkd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    i got 1 qwestion for this guy above me,explain to me how will exactly a executioner TR manage to survive a long distance fighter that jumps all over the nod/or wherever and shifts alot
  • selsamaselsama Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    you want to make me as a rogue happy?

i would like to actually be able to use ANY encounter. i laugh at the rogues that use dazing strike in PvP. I laugh and laugh as they teleport into the air, then get stunned, dazed, knocked down, knocked back or entangled before the encounter finishes activating. what i am getting at in a round about way, when i activate something, it would nice to have it activate promptly. while the long and elaborate animations are awesome, it seems that our fastest, almost compare (activation speed wise) to the slowest of other classes

take Deft strike, i have stopped using it, because if my target is walking, it will miss 75% of the time, because the target moved out of the target area, before i got there via teleport. Would the GF / GWF be quite if there charge moves worked like that? hell no, they would probable crash the forum.

that is one of the big things that bothers me about the rogue class.
  • yoadoadyoadoad Member Posts: 182 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    PoTB shouldn't target many opponents. We are not AoE, we're single target. However it should benefit from weapon enchantments (at the moment PoTB has the same effect whether you use perfect vorpal, perfect bilethorn or no enchantment at all) so that for example if you use PoTB with vorpal you gain the bonus crit severity damage, with plaguefire apply the stacks, with bilethorn apply the poision, with terror apply armor reduction etc
  • kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    yoadoad wrote: »
    PoTB shouldn't target many opponents. We are not AoE, we're single target. However it should benefit from weapon enchantments (at the moment PoTB has the same effect whether you use perfect vorpal, perfect bilethorn or no enchantment at all) so that for example if you use PoTB with vorpal you gain the bonus crit severity damage, with plaguefire apply the stacks, with bilethorn apply the poision, with terror apply armor reduction etc

Actually PotB would at least target 2 opponents, and shouldn't even be implemented in this manner at all -- if we at least loosely respect the D&D 4th lore.

PotB is actually a "movement power" in D&D 4th, and i really should be depicted sort of like BnS or Blitz in that it causes a rapid movement of the TR.. and during the movement any enemy the TR comes across is attacked.

...hence the reason I suggested that PotB changes into a power that first gives you the visual aiming queue(sort of like how an aiming queue is given when you use Seismic Shot, or IBS, or similar 'aimed-activated' powers), and when activated the TR rushes along the path and attacks and dazes(or stuns) anyone caught in the path... and ofcourse, the 'rush' part of the attack would be counted as a dodge frame.

A gap-closer, a CC-protection, and a CC by itself, combined into a single power. This is actually what PATH of the Blade is like in D&D4th, and I'd rather have this one than the cheeseball easy-mode stealth-killer the PotB is right now. Much more utility.

...but that's my personal preference.
    Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'
  • kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    selsama wrote: »
    you want to make me as a rogue happy?

i would like to actually be able to use ANY encounter. i laugh at the rogues that use dazing strike in PvP. I laugh and laugh as they teleport into the air, then get stunned, dazed, knocked down, knocked back or entangled before the encounter finishes activating. what i am getting at in a round about way, when i activate something, it would nice to have it activate promptly. while the long and elaborate animations are awesome, it seems that our fastest, almost compare (activation speed wise) to the slowest of other classes

take Deft strike, i have stopped using it, because if my target is walking, it will miss 75% of the time, because the target moved out of the target area, before i got there via teleport. Would the GF / GWF be quite if there charge moves worked like that? hell no, they would probable crash the forum.

that is one of the big things that bothers me about the rogue class.

Yup.

For some blasted reason almost every encounter the TR has, has some sort of activation delay in the beginning. If they did this on purpose because they might have thought TRs would be too powerful melees... all I could say is, boy did they bark up the wrong tree. How would they excuse doing this to the TRs, when you look at how all the CCs the GWF or GFs deal -- 3 second stuns and prones, way more powerful than any TR CC -- are almost instant activation?
      Impact Shot - wild swing of the arm, slow projectile travel, and even a big delay after using the power
      Vengeance's Pursuit, Deft Strike - both gap-closers, and yet slow to activate with very unreliable positioning -- when a target is moving, and you teleport, it doesn't take you to where the target is right now. It takes you to where the target was when you pressed the button
      Dazing Strike - slow. goddarn slow.
      Shocking Execution - another big, slow, lumbering attack

Are we really rogues? Because, we attack slower than a 7 ft. tall giant with a 6 ft. long two-handed weapon that probably weighs more than 5~10kgs, and takes both hands to swing. They deal attacks faster than our 3ft long dagger.
    Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'
  • myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    PoTB works fine for me, especially with mobs. It seems like if I activate it then start one-hitting different mob characters one after the other, the blades start hitting all of the targets I have previously just hit once. Maybe I am imagining this, but it seems like PoTB does so much more when I used this approach.
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
    edited October 2014
    kweassa wrote: »
    Actually PotB would at least target 2 opponents, and shouldn't even be implemented in this manner at all -- if we at least loosely respect the D&D 4th lore.

PotB is actually a "movement power" in D&D 4th, and i really should be depicted sort of like BnS or Blitz in that it causes a rapid movement of the TR.. and during the movement any enemy the TR comes across is attacked.

...hence the reason I suggested that PotB changes into a power that first gives you the visual aiming queue(sort of like how an aiming queue is given when you use Seismic Shot, or IBS, or similar 'aimed-activated' powers), and when activated the TR rushes along the path and attacks and dazes(or stuns) anyone caught in the path... and ofcourse, the 'rush' part of the attack would be counted as a dodge frame.

A gap-closer, a CC-protection, and a CC by itself, combined into a single power. This is actually what PATH of the Blade is like in D&D4th, and I'd rather have this one than the cheeseball easy-mode stealth-killer the PotB is right now. Much more utility.

...but that's my personal preference.
    Hope you take no offense but I stopped reading when you compared it to tthe dnd counterpart. This is not dnd and it never will be. This is a mmorpg and the role of the trickster rogue in this mmorpg is single target damage.
    edited October 2014
    myowmyow wrote: »
    PoTB works fine for me, especially with mobs. It seems like if I activate it then start one-hitting different mob characters one after the other, the blades start hitting all of the targets I have previously just hit once. Maybe I am imagining this, but it seems like PoTB does so much more when I used this approach.
    No, PoTB is broken because PoTB strikes do not benefit from your weapon enchantment. Why for example if i use a vorpal enchant the PoTB strikes don't deal additional on crits? Or why doesn't the terror debuff apply? or Bilethorn poison?
  • vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    yoadoad wrote: »
    No, PoTB is broken because PoTB strikes do not benefit from your weapon enchantment. Why for example if i use a vorpal enchant the PoTB strikes don't deal additional on crits? Or why doesn't the terror debuff apply? or Bilethorn poison?

yeah this is bug and hopefully will be fixed one day.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Unless it's been broken again, they fixed it so that PotB can crit and proc weapon enchants some time ago. If it is bugged now, it doubly sucks as they lowered the damage when they made those changes.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • suddenlyslowsuddenlyslow Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    kweassa wrote: »
    Yup.
    Are we really rogues? Because, we attack slower than a 7 ft. tall giant with a 6 ft. long two-handed weapon that probably weighs more than 5~10kgs, and takes both hands to swing. They deal attacks faster than our 3ft long dagger.

I realize this is a game, but a true 6 ft. weapon for combat would generally weigh no where near that amount. A 6 ft. sword for instance would typically be closer to 3 kg. For a 10kg sword you would need a length of about 33 ft.
  • myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I realize this is a game, but a true 6 ft. weapon for combat would generally weigh no where near that amount. A 6 ft. sword for instance would typically be closer to 3 kg. For a 10kg sword you would need a length of about 33 ft.

The typical 2-handed sword (Claymore) was about 4-4.5 feet long and did weigh about 2.5-3 kg. However, an even longer sword (one used by a giant) that was 6-7 feet long would probably weigh closer to 5 kg. Of course, it would not weigh near 10 kg!

Just keeping it real. :)
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    pitshade wrote: »
    Unless it's been broken again, they fixed it so that PotB can crit and proc weapon enchants some time ago. If it is bugged now, it doubly sucks as they lowered the damage when they made those changes.

I thought the only fix was to make it crit and there was some hemming and hawing around whether or not it should proc weapon enchants. I'd have to dredge up the actual notes though and I don't wanna.

People have been reporting that it doesn't benefit from weapon enchants/asking if it should since forever, with no responses.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I know it can crit (or did when I was using it for awhile when it got changed) but since both my TRs have Vorpal, there wasn't anything to proc. I just remember that for a long time the devs refused to fix it because it would unbalance the power if it were fixed.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I won't be happy until I can see the trolls throwing knives at me, they should blip and be visible for a second to the person they attack, they aren't even trying to fight when they can't out dps regen sometimes, they just trying to be annoying. I don't think your stealth meter needs to deplete faster, but it should be easier to pull and keep TR out of stealth once melee combat is taking place, stealth should be for sneak attack not running away and hiding from a fight that already started.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    pitshade wrote: »
    I know it can crit (or did when I was using it for awhile when it got changed) but since both my TRs have Vorpal, there wasn't anything to proc. I just remember that for a long time the devs refused to fix it because it would unbalance the power if it were fixed.

Somebody tested and it doesn't benefit from Vorpal either (same crit severity on PotB with and without Vorpal).
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia