test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

perma cc resist gwf without prones

mugiwaracmugiwarac Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
edited September 2014 in PvE Discussion
no prones, but unstoppable when someone looks at me, additional cc resist on sprint, 30% additional damage resistance on sprint.

when i am 1 vs 4 on my gwf and somehow get under 50% hp, hr piercing is a *****, i just sprint to the other side of the map, grab a potion and sprint back. nothing can stop me. gwf has become the absolute god mode class that can`t kill ****. is it fun to play like this? isn`t it exactly what the devs tried to avoid with the changes in mod 3?

the devs just took the shift ability from sw and put it on gwf. i think it was a huge mistake. the only threat to my gwf i see is multiple hrs with piercing that all outgear me.

i just feel like it´s all back to old sentinels: enough survivability to easily survive 1 vs 3, but very low skill cap.

take away the god mode sprint and give me back my prones!

opinions?
King Goponov - GWF
Eleanor - CW (retired after Assailing nerf)

- Brazil PvP Fraternité -
Post edited by mugiwarac on

Comments

• therealroberttherealrobert Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    mugiwarac wrote: »
    no prones, but unstoppable when someone looks at me, additional cc resist on sprint, 30% additional damage resistance on sprint.

when i am 1 vs 4 on my gwf and somehow get under 50% hp, hr piercing is a *****, i just sprint to the other side of the map, grab a potion and sprint back. nothing can stop me. gwf has become the absolute god mode class that can`t kill ****. is it fun to play like this? isn`t it exactly what the devs tried to avoid with the changes in mod 3?

the devs just took the shift ability from sw and put it on gwf. i think it was a huge mistake. the only threat to my gwf i see is multiple hrs with piercing that all outgear me.

i just feel like it´s all back to old sentinels: enough survivability to easily survive 1 vs 3, but very low skill cap.

opinions?

100% agreed with Gopo! Give GWF his prones back on Frontline Surge and Takedown, revert the changes on Sprint.
    ESTUPRADOR
    - Brazil PvP Fraternité -
    Rank 7
  • abecassisabecassis Member Posts: 255 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    I kinda agree with the Brazilian fellow here. There were no reason to take away the prones from pvp, the only thing that really needed a fix was Roar.

But now GWFs are tankier, cant be CCd and they hit for alot more then they used too.
    Dr. Phil
  • catalinr94catalinr94 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 41
    edited September 2014
    *snip*

YES! Stop turning pvp into World of Tanks! Remove the god mode sprint and give gwf prones! We want skillful pvp!
  • magiquepursemagiquepurse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    when i am 1 vs 4 on my gwf i just sprint to the other side of the map, grab a potion and sprint back. nothing can stop me.
    opinions?

I do GG for fun on a Leadership clone GWF, 9K GS, no enchants whatsoever, Grim set/wep :P The spec is a Senti FOTM from M2 (when I made the char).

Since a guildie told me "Slot Bravery!", if I am not kept proned, I WILL escape the GG zergs. I run like a champion and nothing can stop me. I don't even have stamina boons.

I think the playstyle is quite lame for an "in your face", barbarian-type off class.

That's my opinion.
  • ianthewizard2012ianthewizard2012 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,142 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Sprint is supposed to be a distinctive ability which only belongs to lightweight classes with high mobility and agility, such as monk and ninja. It should not have been given to heavily armored warriors who wear full plate in the first place.

GWF's movement should be as clunky as GF. Its shift key ability should be changed to a guard ability, such as using great weapon to block incoming attacks, so that it retains its role "Defender".
  • mrhinkypunkmrhinkypunk Member Posts: 1,608 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Personally I don't see why it wasn't made as instigator's ending feat to give the CC resist or resistance on sprint. It'd finally make the tree a contender with the other two and wont make the sprint too stupid when used on the other two as you'd have to go instigator to get it like that.

Ah well, Cryptic will slowly make changes to attempt to do good but things will always just go around in circles.
  • meldan3nmeldan3n Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Don't forget the GFs. Taking the FS prone from the GFs was one of the worst moves in this game, in my opinion.

As to the "God Mode Sprint", yes, it's very annoying. On the other hand, if a GWF wants to run for a pot and abandon the node… I'm ok with that. Doesn't matter if he runs for a pot or dies and runs back to the node. I don't care about killing in PvP; only about winning.

But I really like this suggestion. I haven't been playing GWF since Mod 4 launch. The prones are necessary. Not only to be useful, but also to have a way higher skill cap. As @mugiwarac said, they just took all the prones away and gave the Warlock's sprint to the GWF.
    Give GWF his prones back on Frontline Surge and Takedown, revert the changes on Sprint.

This!

Off Topic: Based on how squishy Warlocks are and how long their casting times are, they should be immune to any incoming damage on sprint. Just my opinion. Best-in-slot Warlocks are not even food to my CW. More something like appetizers.
  • kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Sprint is supposed to be a distinctive ability which only belongs to lightweight classes with high mobility and agility, such as monk and ninja. It should not have been given to heavily armored warriors who wear full plate in the first place.

Not necessarily. Real life knights and warriors with heavy armour had no problems with sprinting -- its just that they would tire off really quickly with that weight.

I'd be OK with a shorter GWF sprint that assists for maybe 20 feet of distance, and then at least some distinctive recharge time required. A gap closer that is useful over SHORT distances, just enough to close that last bit of distance required to land a hit.

As it is, its sustained much too long, and the CC immunity on it is plain ludicrous.

GWF's movement should be as clunky as GF. Its shift key ability should be changed to a guard ability, such as using great sword to block incoming attacks, so that it keeps its role "Defender".

Again, not necessarily. Its not sprint itself that's the problem. Its the way they implemented it in the first place, as well as making it a tool of blatant overcompensation of a defensive nerf in some other area.

Let's be frank here. Assuming similar level of skill and gear, nobody kills a GWF because nobody catches it.

Many people, and I mean really, really many people predicted long before mod4 that putting a CC immunity on top of sprint is plain shi*ball of an idea in that it'd essentially make the class the Great Weapon Runner. The GWF was already a difficult class to pin down and kill so long as the pilot behind it was not too cocky and had a good awareness of when to bail.

Now, officially the class is "Kill everything that it can, and then run away from everything it can't".

They are toned down, so I wouldn't say its OP, but its just plain frickin' annoying.
    Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'
  • zvieriszvieris Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    abecassis wrote: »
    I kinda agree with the Brazilian fellow here. There were no reason to take away the prones from pvp, the only thing that really needed a fix was Roar.

But now GWFs are tankier, cant be CCd and they hit for alot more then they used too.

Don't mix sentinel and destroyer gwf into one, please. Destroyer GWF is squishy but deals better damage (if properly buffed), while sentinel is tankier but deals no damage. And even so, in order for destro GWF to deal good damage, he needs his stacks. If you kite GWF and don't let him hit you while in unstoppable, he won't even scratch you.
  • pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    With determination nerfed so much, and unstoppable nerfed too, sprint was changed that way to allow GWFs to survive enough to attack. This due to endless QQ about unstoppable from players who were unable to deal with it.

Quite frankly, with old unstoppable all you needed to do was to prone first, focus DPS and then kite/ survive avoiding the big red guy for 4-8 seconds. But people, instead, liked to spam at-wills making the GWFs literally spam their unstoppable due to how dumb the enemy was.
    Now, devs changed this into a different mechanic more similar to how every other class does: you have a shift move, that shift move makes you immune to CC. Unstoppable, on the other hand, now requires almost half HP lost for a full 8 seconds of unstoppable, and on destroyers it's close to useless for defense.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sLcbLeVGYI

unless the GWF is really skilled in tricking the enemy to land takedown. Even being able to sprint a lot, a destroyer is quite squishy if you manage to catch him in the moments when he's out of sprint. Note: the above GWF does not really use sprint to catch the TR, he just run around tanking mainly thanks to high HP pool and regeneration/ deflection, while waiting for a little chance to catch the TR.

Pretty much, like a semi-perma TR is immune or in stealth 99% of the time, a destroyer sprinter is now pretty much a Great Weapon Perma.

Have fun trying to catch the GWF in between sprints. It's all "proactive". Don't you like it? It's how good the GWF is at using sprint to avoid your CC, vs how good you are at catching him when he stops sprinting.

You don't like it? Fine. Buff determination gain, give back prones, take away piercing damage, and revert CW DPS on Shard instead of the dumb passive SS procs.

You want guaranteed CC? You got it with old GWFs if you were smart enough to prone with shard and focus DPS when the GWF was normal. Now you get the proactive stuff. Which means, the GWF can "dodge" your CC. And you must have good timing/ luck to catch him while he's not sprinting. On the other hand, unstoppable now pops up a couple of times and is of little help "defensively" speaking, for destroyers. More for sentinels, but sentinels have no BF feated and can sprint much less.
  • thirdquestionthirdquestion Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 96
    edited September 2014
    Dont touch Gwf! Just nerf dragon runes and hr piercing. Profit.
    edited September 2014
    zvieris wrote: »
    Don't mix sentinel and destroyer gwf into one, please. Destroyer GWF is squishy but deals better damage (if properly buffed), while sentinel is tankier but deals no damage. And even so, in order for destro GWF to deal good damage, he needs his stacks. If you kite GWF and don't let him hit you while in unstoppable, he won't even scratch you.

Funny thing is, when i 1v1 other GWFs, i see many getting "angry" when you focus them and then sprint out of range of their unstoppable. As if you should stand still and facetank like a nab.

Still, GWFs can't sprint non-stop. Not even destroyers. Must use sprint wisely and this means other classes still have the chance to CC when you're not sprinting.
    Before the "rework" you pretty much knew that you could CC the GWF when he was normal. He was your prey. Smart CWs used to shard the GWF, unload encounters when the GWF was proned and could not go unstoppable, then get out of range and use bunnyhop+ teleports to kite the GWF for 4-8 seconds, and repeat. Broken Roar/ threat rush apart, the CC-resist mechaninc was that simple. But due to massive QQ about unstoppable, devs changed GWF into a more "proactive" class. Which means Unstoppable is not quitew a problem anymore, but now you've to deal with sprint and work your *** to catch the GWF when he's out of sprint, pretty much as much as you have to work to catch a perma out of ITC/ dodge immunity/ stealth.

To me, it seems like it's never ok for some people. Unstoppable no. Sprint no. Not too tanky please. Reminds me of a TR back when Iron Vanguard was introduced for GWFs. He wrote "well, threat rush is broken (i do agree), must be removed. Before they made these changes, i was able to kite GWFs easily forever. Now i can't".

So what should a GWF do now if you remove sprint immunity? Get cced to death by new CW increased CC and Storm Spell on ray of frost? Get proned by HRs with no way to avoid it?

What people want is a class that is not too hard to take down, and at the same time is not too hard to kite. So nerf unstoppable, nerf threat rush, nerf prones, nerf damage. Then...hey, they gave them CC immunity on the shift move. Take it away or it's too hard to catch them.
  • cookiecrisp15cookiecrisp15 Banned Users Posts: 532 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    this thread is just an troll trap.
  • abecassisabecassis Member Posts: 255 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    zvieris wrote: »

Im not sure what class you can kite the GWF with, but if you have a video of that i would love to see it. Before the sprint stuff it was possible to kite them if you had the skills down to stop wasting cc and other stuff during unstoppable. But if the GWF was skilled he could counter that so you were proned, CCd etc aswell. But with the new sprint, they can freely walk up to you even using /walk 0 without you having a chance to stop them
    Dr. Phil
    edited September 2014
    abecassis wrote: »
    Im not sure what class you can kite the GWF with, but if you have a video of that i would love to see it. Before the sprint stuff it was possible to kite them if you had the skills down to stop wasting cc and other stuff during unstoppable. But if the GWF was skilled he could counter that so you were proned, CCd etc aswell. But with the new sprint, they can freely walk up to you even using /walk 0 without you having a chance to stop them

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sLcbLeVGYI

he is being kited.

A lot.

perma sprint downside is you go for takedown which is a melee move. Or for FLS but then you have 17s cooldown.

As a CW, you have to get skilled and CC him when he is out of sprint. Even perma runners can't just sprint non-stop, or they just run out of sprint before BF cooldown is over. So what you must do now is to wait for him to stop sprinting to attack you, and then CC. Hard to do? Yes. Imho, it was easier to prone-CC in between Unstoppable. But so many guys wanted Unstoppable to get nerfed and this is what you get now.
  • benskix2benskix2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 674 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    If you slot battle fury you can pretty much sprint non-stop now. I may not be able to kill a damned thing with only 2 damage encounters, but hey at least I can be the ultimate track star troll and endlessly run around the map faster than a horse.
  • lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    kweassa wrote: »
    Not necessarily. Real life knights and warriors with heavy armour had no problems with sprinting -- its just that they would tire off really quickly with that weight.

Just no. Let me suit you up in something similar to what GWFs wear in this game and then try to sprint away. You won't get very far :P Why the devs felt that GWF should have the best mobility in the game is beyond me when in fact they should be cumbersome as hell especially with those Eiffel Towers they are swinging around as swords.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • zvieriszvieris Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    lirithiel wrote: »
    Just no. Let me suit you up in something similar to what GWFs wear in this game and then try to sprint away. You won't get very far :P Why the devs felt that GWF should have the best mobility in the game is beyond me when in fact they should be cumbersome as hell especially with those Eiffel Towers they are swinging around as swords.

Firefighters train to sprint with all their equipment on, and it's far from being light. And they have to be fast cause lives depend on it. Thus, GWF sprint is the least impossible thing in here. Not to mention this is a **** fantasy game here. D'oh. I'm more surprised by 1 handed weapon (GF) dealing much higher base damage than a 2 handed weapon.
  • madfierremadfierre Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2014

you want to compare a real life with a video game?Please....The GWF needs those mobility just like HR needs their range and piercing blade and CW needs their range and control and dodges.
    edited September 2014
    Comparisons with real life are a bit out of place. And talking "real life" for fighters and then have a Wizard with a magic shield who can teleport himself around, or a TR who can become invisible, or a Warlock who can sign contracts with demons and summon a soul puppet...you can't be serious.

But even so, if you want to go for the "real life" argument, then our "Eiffel Tower" should hit you for 10k sure strike and 50k IBS on the head of your little wizard/ TR/ HR and 1shot you the moment you enter my melee range.

If we talk about real life.

Also, in "real life" rogues would 1shot your CW if they manage to catch you from behind.

Also in real life HRs would 1shot you if they hit you with their arrows.

In real life a DC should operate your critical wounds for 8-10 hours straight and then may be you still would not survive.

In real life there would be no laser beams coming from a blocking GF or laser beams coming out of thin air thanks to a magic glyph, or laser beams coming out of the hands of a wizard.

But this is a videogame so you have a DPS melee class who can dodge CC if skilled at using sprint wisely, close gaps and attack. On the other hand, can never fully avoid damage.

The above GWF in the video i posted is considered "BiS". Yet, as you can see, it's possible to kite and kill him.
  • twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    GWF doesn't wear full plate.

HTH
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Just no. Let me suit you up in something similar to what GWFs wear in this game and then try to sprint away. You won't get very far :P
    You seriously drew a comparison between a random gamer who you've never met and a hulking warrior who's worn and trained in heavy armour for years?

Just lol.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Too much disables and knockdowns in pvp as it is, I am tired of seeing chains around my buttons constantly.
    Gives melee classes more roots or snares to keep opponents in melee, nor more stuns or disables, its ridiculous. It should be great weapon FIGHTER, not great weapon ganker.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • lvl99looterlvl99looter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    100% agreed with Gopo! Give GWF his prones back on Frontline Surge and Takedown, revert the changes on Sprint.

You trippen brah, GWF's don't deserve frontline lol.
  • lvl99looterlvl99looter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited September 2014

opinions?

I don't know man. I just left a PvP right now, after fighting a GWF who HURTS.
    edited September 2014
    Prones have nothing to do with sprint. Sprint was buffed to compensate huge nerf on determination and unstoppable, and make it work like other melees immunities.

Also, the whole real life argument is just so pathetic. So you guys want high cc and high DPS, then you want the nerfed unstoppable (50% hp lost for 8 seconds of cc resistance and 30% dr), then you want gwfs to be ccable and freely dpsable the rest of the time, and some even say gwfs should not sprint.

Laughable. Like a GF with no shield block and less armor. Nice try.
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    I think GWFs are in a good spot right now. They do not need buffs or nerfs.

I have a bigger problem with GFs and their troll builds.
  • xtraordinary91xtraordinary91 Member Posts: 323 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    pando83 wrote: »
    Prones have nothing to do with sprint. Sprint was buffed to compensate huge nerf on determination and unstoppable, and make it work like other melees immunities.

Also, the whole real life argument is just so pathetic. So you guys want high cc and high DPS, then you want the nerfed unstoppable (50% hp lost for 8 seconds of cc resistance and 30% dr), then you want gwfs to be ccable and freely dpsable the rest of the time, and some even say gwfs should not sprint.

Laughable. Like a GF with no shield block and less armor. Nice try.

I know how you feel bro. If it's not Cws getting called for Nerfs its Gwfs.

My opinion regarding Sprint and Unstoppable:

Previously, it was very easy to time rotations as a CW against Gwfs, And whilst the fight was challenging (Purely from a dodging perspective - if I as a CW missed a dodge, or mis calculated when Roar was up, 7/10 times I would die), it was always reptitive. For both sides. Cw: Kite until unstoppable was down. Shard Drop, Encounters, Shardsplosion, Ice knife (If it was up). Rinse repeat until GWF died. For GWFS it was hold back with the roar, to bug out the teleport and then 7/10 times, 1 rotation with Take down and IBS.

Now: I enjoy my 1v1s against GWFs so much more. Especially those who know how to time their sprints. And rotate Unstoppable and sprint to suit. Its more of a challenge to correctly time CC now, that it was before.

(Mind you, current state of CWs with Storm Spell is a completely separate issue).
    Desidus@Xtraordinary91
    19.9k PvP Control Wizard
    <Complaints Department>
    edited September 2014
    I think GWFs are in a good spot right now. They do not need buffs or nerfs.

I have a bigger problem with GFs and their troll builds.

It's just that some players want it easy. Nerf everything so you can have it easy. Gwfs got nerfed on cc, DPS and class mechanic. Other classes got buffed quite a lot and now...They back to QQ on gwf.

I quietly adapted to the changes to my class and the buffs to other classes. Now it's their turn to learn to play and stop asking for nerfs.
    edited September 2014
    I know how you feel bro. If it's not Cws getting called for Nerfs its Gwfs.

My opinion regarding Sprint and Unstoppable:

Previously, it was very easy to time rotations as a CW against Gwfs, And whilst the fight was challenging (Purely from a dodging perspective - if I as a CW missed a dodge, or mis calculated when Roar was up, 7/10 times I would die), it was always reptitive. For both sides. Cw: Kite until unstoppable was down. Shard Drop, Encounters, Shardsplosion, Ice knife (If it was up). Rinse repeat until GWF died. For GWFS it was hold back with the roar, to bug out the teleport and then 7/10 times, 1 rotation with Take down and IBS.

Now: I enjoy my 1v1s against GWFs so much more. Especially those who know how to time their sprints. And rotate Unstoppable and sprint to suit. Its more of a challenge to correctly time CC now, that it was before.

(Mind you, current state of CWs with Storm Spell is a completely separate issue).

I do agree with everything you wrote.
This discussion has been closed.