test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Troll Idols in IWD can now only be collected by one player.

damnataanimusdamnataanimus Member Posts: 446 Arc User
edited September 2014 in PvE Discussion
Ok so.

I do not know who thought this "fix" would be a good idea. It rewards the ninjas and punishes the players who actually kill the mobs to get the idol. Having two people be able to collect these was about the only thing that it bearable.

So yes as usual - reward the ninjas and exploiters, punish the legit players - seems to be the order of the day.
May the RNG Gods smile on you today!
Adorable Temptress - 23.4k Temptation SW
Mara Angelbane - 22k Thaum CW, Vaya Con Dios 15.2k Dragon CW.
Mara Shadowskiss - 21.5k Destroyer GWF, Mara - 17.2k Sentinel GWF
Mara Duskwalker - 15.4k Healing DC
Mara Hawkeye -14.6k HR
Mara Spiritforge - 16.9k Tanky GF
Bad Religion - 14.7k Pew Pew DC
Mara Shadowstouch,Maara - TR's
Post edited by damnataanimus on

Comments

• Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    They should just make the big troll shamans drop idols in addition to being able to collect the big floating ones as well. Another idea would be to simply have the idols persist and allow everyone to collect them - just like how you can collect spoiled meat at one location, and I can collect it form the exact same spot.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    str8slayerstr8slayer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 715 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    They really wasted their time changing something like this to make dailies more annoying?

Seriously?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    str8slayer wrote: »
    They really wasted their time changing something like this to make dailies more annoying?

Seriously?

Yes xD

You get the msg that another player has exhausted this node - like when you mine BI.

I really have no idea why they decided to fix this instead of other stuff. It wasnt even broken imo.
    Mara Hawkeye -14.6k HR
  • Options
    zshikarazshikara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I've noticed this as well. Its like some things can be looted by everyone and then other things can only be looted once and you have to wait for them to respawn. I don't get it. Everything that you have to collect for any quest or daily should be lootable by everyone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Join the legit channel by visiting http://goo.gl/1zfnTS to apply!
    Performing ritual pony sacrifices to Tiamat to earn favor with the RNG Gods since 2014.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    ....That does not make me happy...

Consider this pointed out to the CM's. ;)
  • Options
    ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I've noticed they are somehow broken too, I'm not sure if it's a new thing or not...

If you kill the orcs, but don't collect the idol, new orcs will respawn in like 10 seconds (I have an improved 6s pick and I can't collect a nearby black ice node twice before they respawn).

If you kill the orcs and collect the idol, new orcs and a new idol will respawn in the same timeframe (10-15s max), but this time the idol won't be collectable, even if you kill the orcs again.

Given that most mobs won't respawn in less than 60-120s, it's quite weird.

Did anyone else notice that?
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I seriously do not get why they would do this , there are so many things in the game that actually need working on and fixing but out of everything else they choose to fix this by making it worse .
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    kurtb88kurtb88 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    It's forced me to have to ninja them now. People ninja mine so much I have no choice but to ninja back. Before this change everything was copacetic.
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Note that the trolls and idols respawn faster, so there is that at least. Still *** ninjas.
  • Options
    abishai3705abishai3705 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 40
    edited September 2014
    I'm not entirely sure it is a change, seems to me I had this problem when I first got into DV with my DC (Clerics need extra time to kill things.) "Slow and steady wins the ... HEY WIZZY! COME BACK WITH MY IDOL!"
    Abishai the Blessed - 60 Sun Elf DC
    Shazaam - 60 Tiefling CW
    Link - 60 Menzoberranzan Renegade (Drow) HR
    Naruto - 60 Half-Orc TR
    Moose - 60 Human GWF
    T-Wrecks 60 Half-Orc GF
    Drag King - 60 Dragonborn SW
  • Options
    magiquepursemagiquepurse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    In a F2P, players constitute content. If you are ninjaed, you will spend more time in the zone and you will contribute to filling it up.

Oh well.
  • Options
    harkurharkur Member Posts: 305 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    Because IWD is far too quick to get through and needed this to slow it down, of course.

/sarcasm_off
  • Options
    ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    In a F2P, players constitute content. If you are ninjaed, you will spend more time in the zone and you will contribute to filling it up.

Oh well.

But that means that people who do ninja other people will spend less time in the zone, overall there is no change in the amount of players... :P
  • Options
    pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Eh, there are tons of troll idols in the zone and they respawn really quickly (like, less than 1 min after you kill them all). Don't see it as something to get really upset about. Yeah ninjas suck, I'm not defending it at all, but I'll save my rage quota for something more meaningful.
  • Options
    dfncedfnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 509 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Maybe it is devs understanding of competitive pve.
    EX-DL-BtS / ITF-KC-KB / BF-HD-IBS / FtF-IT-ST-Dis / CA-GW-PG
    "When no appropriate rule applies, make one up."
    — (The unwritten rule)

• Options
    nwaurionnwaurion Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 39
    edited September 2014
    Unless they changed it again (i hope not, that would be even more wasted time), it's not that clean cut.

If you collect them at literally the same time or so, everyone will receive it. If you are half a second late or so, it will not work. Also, you can not collect the same idol twice, no matter if you kill the trolls or not.
  • Options
    thestaggythestaggy Member Posts: 1,102 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    This is the most <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> fix I have ever seen. It makes things worse. Before you could at least try and race the ninja to YOUR Totem and take it with him. Thank goodness my last toon got his 350 reputation on the weekend, so I can now pick and choose my tasks if and when I need Dwarven Coins. No more Troll Idols! No more collapse the mineshafts! No more ninjas! Oh, wait, Lighting Jars in Rothe Valley and interrupting the miners in Whispering Caverns. . .
    PSA: You don't need to grind Spinward Rise for your Elemental artifact main hand if you have some AD lying around. You can craft it via the Tyranny of Dragon's campaign screen.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    I'm not entirely sure it is a change, seems to me I had this problem when I first got into DV with my DC (Clerics need extra time to kill things.) "Slow and steady wins the ... HEY WIZZY! COME BACK WITH MY IDOL!"

Follow them and ninja them back. I done this when my Mod 3 GF was going through there. I would wave emote them and then ride off.
    PSA: You don't need to grind Spinward Rise for your Elemental artifact main hand if you have some AD lying around. You can craft it via the Tyranny of Dragon's campaign screen.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    nwaurion wrote: »
    Unless they changed it again (i hope not, that would be even more wasted time), it's not that clean cut.

If you collect them at literally the same time or so, everyone will receive it. If you are half a second late or so, it will not work. Also, you can not collect the same idol twice, no matter if you kill the trolls or not.

WRONG. I was just ninjad and we BOTH collected at the same time - we were both waiting to press f on the idol once we got out of combat. And yet again I got the msg another player has exhausted this node. Before you could start collecting at any time during the animation of them collecting and get the idol.

I really wish people knew wtf they were talking about before they post.
    Mara Hawkeye -14.6k HR
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    thestaggy wrote: »
    Follow them and ninja them back. I done this when my Mod 3 GF was going through there. I would wave emote them and then ride off.

So you are saying I should start to ninja people.Yes that's totally a solution to the problem - its not going to get them to change their ways lol :p

One thing I've noticed, its mostly lower gs players who do this too. But, if you can get into the zone you can kill stuff there, if you dont totally suck, so that's really not an excuse either. Basically they are just jerks who care only about themselves and are likely that way irl too.
    Mara Hawkeye -14.6k HR
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    Just a slight update, Akromatik has forwarded this feedback to the developers. :)
  • Options
    runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Just a slight update, Akromatik has forwarded this feedback to the developers. :)

Cool, thanks for the update.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    So you are saying I should start to ninja people.Yes that's totally a solution to the problem - its not going to get them to change their ways lol :p

One thing I've noticed, its mostly lower gs players who do this too. But, if you can get into the zone you can kill stuff there, if you dont totally suck, so that's really not an excuse either. Basically they are just jerks who care only about themselves and are likely that way irl too.

Yes. When I was on my DC or when I was on my Mod 3 GF and people ninja'd me I done it back. If I was left alone I left others alone. I didn't even mind sharing the Totem if the person just waited a few seconds for me to press 'F' with them, but if they straight up ninja'd me I done it back and let them know why. Why must I battle to kill the mobs with low DPS classes so a nuker (CW/GWF) or stealth ninja (HR/TR) could just run up and take it from me? Nothing was being done about it so I had to look after myself and fought fire with fire. The intention was not to get them to change their ways but to just ensure that the dbags got a bit of their own medicine back.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    thestaggy wrote: »
    Yes. When I was on my DC or when I was on my Mod 3 GF and people ninja'd me I done it back. If I was left alone I left others alone. I didn't even mind sharing the Totem if the person just waited a few seconds for me to press 'F' with them, but if they straight up ninja'd me I done it back and let them know why. Why must I battle to kill the mobs with low DPS classes so a nuker (CW/GWF) or stealth ninja (HR/TR) could just run up and take it from me? Nothing was being done about it so I had to look after myself and fought fire with fire. The intention was not to get them to change their ways but to just ensure that the dbags got a bit of their own medicine back.

Well I often help dc to kill stuff if I see them, and I don't ninja their idol either :p

That said I'm not going to sink to their level. That makes you just as bad as they are xD

Oh, and thank you Ambisinister for the update :)
    Mara Hawkeye -14.6k HR
  • Options
    nwaurionnwaurion Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 39
    edited September 2014
    WRONG. I was just ninjad and we BOTH collected at the same time - we were both waiting to press f on the idol once we got out of combat. And yet again I got the msg another player has exhausted this node. Before you could start collecting at any time during the animation of them collecting and get the idol.

I really wish people knew wtf they were talking about before they post.

1. I said "unless they changed it again", so it's perfectly possible that they did change it ,so it really only works for one player. Last i checked was a few days ago. I really wish people would read before claiming people are wrong.
    2. You do not necessarily leave combat at the same time, so he could have started earlier. Maybe he simply noticed it faster, or his computer and network connection allowed for him to send the command earlier. It may also be that it doesn't work when it's really the same time, but you need to start like between 0.1 and 0.3 second laters or whatever. Fact is, when they first changed it was still possible to collect it together with someone else, but only under specific conditions.
  • Options
    criss11criss11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Stealing the IWD dailies quests:
    Before the last patch the idol could still be stolen by other players while you take care of (pushed) mobs away. I asked in zone chat too for players to stop stealing the idol while someone is WORKING for it.
    Yesterday (first time after the last patch), i did the quest again but i was alone , far away for another idol locations. Didn't had the change to see if this can still be farmed by another player while you fight with the mobs.
    This quest sucks , can;t wait to finish the black ice campaign .
    No matter what you'll do or say, everyone will still say that this quest is fine and won't do nothing to improve it.

Same applies for the stealing quest Remorhaz nest mobs too, those things gives a chance for black ice enchants drops.

"Troll Idols" 0/3 and "Remorhaz Nest" 0/3 needs a revamp against stealing the quest item/monsters.
    open beta player of some PWE games - north america launched versions:
    - PWI - November, 2008 (2 months after North-America-West Coast open beta)
    - Forsaken World - open beta
    - BOI - open beta
    - Star Trek Online - ftp January, 2012 and rank 14 STO Wiki contributor
    - Neverwinter open beta June, 2013

Daily Foundry "Canyon of the Dead" ( NW-DBPJYKMRE ) - dungeon
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I would say that increasing the respawn rate of the idols was ok, *if* you could loot the same one again like you could previously. If you can't loot the same one multiple times, then the increased respawn rate just makes it horribly annoying to try to mine nearby black ice or loot skill nodes. I have on occasion still been cleaning up the dropped loot when the trolls respawned.

Honestly though, the respawn on the trolls and idols was always pretty fast, to the extent that by the time you had your second one secured, you could usually go back to the first one you'd cleared to finish the quest. I liked the ones back by the undead area for purposes of being unlikely to be disturbed.

And while I haven't experienced ninjaing on this quest since the very early days of Mod 3, changing the interact window as described makes this quest much worse, not better. If making them persistent and multi-lootable isn't in keeping with the quest design, then make them lootable in combat like summer fest flowers. Then players at least have a chance to act against would-be ninjas.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    kurtb88kurtb88 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Hey guys I want to point out (for the mods and devs) that this issue is not limited to the Troll Idol quest, it also happens with the Captured Dwarf quest where you have to free two tied up dwarves, and i think also the Sleepwalkers quest. In the dwarf one when you fight the trolls another player runs up and ninja sets free the dwarves, also they ninja the cauldon. In the Sleepwalker quest when you are busy fighting the undead, they run up and ninja the sleepwalker...
  • Options
    dhkyinodhkyino Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Had about 5 troll idols stolen by different players just trying to get my last one. Then 3 lots of dwarves I was going to free and just after that someone swiped my cauldron that I was fighting for. Getting really tired of Dwarven Valley. Makes it very hard for players that are just in the average bracket when they have their quests prolonged because of the greed and thoughtlessness of other players.