test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

huge delay and lag

alexgabriel23alexgabriel23 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 276
edited September 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
takes alot of time to get online and the game is nearly unplayable extreme lag , and is not from my connection cuz i dont lag in any other games
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• odinsavatarodinsavatar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Same here I've been staring at the login window for like 10 mins now, and its not updating or anything, just sitting there.
  • erhgferhgf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I thought it's my connection -_- Thanks for posting this.
  • alexgabriel23alexgabriel23 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 276
    edited September 2014
    i tried using their proxy europe 2 ..... the game wont even start :D
  • d4rthd00fusd4rthd00fus Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Can't even get the Play button to come up. Looks hard down from here.
  • d4rthd00fusd4rthd00fus Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    After several minutes did get in but wow. Not sure what to make of this but totally unplayable with lag. Now I wish I hadn't put off all my dailies :/
  • kahmorekahmore Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Same here. It was fine for a few PvP sessions then MEGA delays. My internet connection is also fine otherwise.
  • tonyswutonyswu Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Same here. Speed test is showing up/down 20Mb/60Mb, so it's not my internet.

Some guildies are NOT experiencing any lag, though.
    edited September 2014
    i think the only ppl that experience lag are europeans
  • teleroguetelerogue Banned Users Posts: 112 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    Same here as well, It's been happening since a week now.

thought it was my connection but thank god it wasn't.

I was about to call my ISP raging at them threatening them that I'd cancel, thanks OP.
  • tonyswutonyswu Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    i think the only ppl that experience lag are europeans

No, NW US here.
  • hexanna22hexanna22 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    In California, hard crashed twice in 45 mins, and I rarely ever crash. Now am experiencing severe lag with server not responding msg...many of my guildies logged off instead of trying to deal with it. Zone chat is full of complaints in every area I have been to.
  • lordfuzunlordfuzun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 54
    edited September 2014
    Since not everyone is being affected, it sounds like a backbone is giving grief to a lot of people.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    East coast US here, lag is horrible. Glad I could at least invoke before going to bed.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
    edited September 2014
    hustin1 wrote: »
    East coast US here, lag is horrible. Glad I could at least invoke before going to bed.

no chance for me today till this gets a fix
  • adanxxadanxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    It's probably lag caused due to S.D.C.S.O., Skeletal Dog Companion Server Overload....
    edited September 2014
    adanxx wrote: »
    It's probably lag caused due to S.D.C.S.O., Skeletal Dog Companion Server Overload....

what does that mean what companion ? and why that o.o
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Please perform the tests outlined in the lag and rubberbanding sticky at the top of this forum, then post the results. Saying "it's not my connection" isn't valid without proof--and a speed test alone doesn't cut it.

Most of the time, it's a problem between points A and B that neither the end user nor Cryptic can influence.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Woke up this morning and got massive lag too. Seems like everyone has the same problem ingame too, at least europeans
  • thedemienthedemien Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    got tonight extreme lag in pvp. plus got kicked out of game twice with "server not responding". Every one in both teams had to reconnect. So it is not my or thiers connections. Pretty much all pvp game stopped and everybody was talking about lags.
  • nerosolisnerosolis Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Still dropping connections and the forums crash from time to time
  • captfranciscaptfrancis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I can't even stay online long enough to invoke. I get disconnected within a few seconds, if I can even log in at all.

This is not normal.
  • gulxgilamarthgulxgilamarth Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    NW US +1 lag, delay, timeouts, crashes, logouts, etc. This and STO will not even get the play button to show up now, but can still get into the gateway.

Might try some of the tests on the stickies, but may just play sword coast advent instead for a while and wait to see if it clears up or is fixed with tomorrow's downtime.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    Please read the Original Posts in the Stickies and post there-in accordingly. They're there for a reason. :)

Sticky: Disconnecting? Look Here!
    Sticky: [Feedback] Lag and Rubberbanding

Also:

For those having issues showing Cogentco and/or Verizon in your traceroutes, please inform yourself of the issues facing the Country (U.S.A.) right now, a movement aptly called "Net Neutrality." These connection issues are plaging all North American MMOs, as well as almost all other internet services and are not user related nor game service related.

For all other connection issues not related to Congentco or Verizon networks, please submit a Support Ticket and include your traceroutes and nettest results in your Support Ticket in addition to your postings in the appropriate sticky in the Bug Report forum.

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
This discussion has been closed.