test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Attempted kicked when asking greed or need

erhgferhgf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
edited September 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
When I was kicked at the group for needing and not asking before hand, people suggested that I ask. So I asked. Nothing happened until today, at an FC run. I asked need or greed multiple times. Two teammates responded they don't care. The other two didn't respond. Then I received this [System Notify] [TeamVoteKickFail] Vote Kick Failed.

Well, I can understand if people kick me for needing when need or greed if not specified. But now it's even unacceptable to even ask?

I know about legit channel, not enough people goes to FC, so I can't get a group for FC there.
Post edited by erhgf on

Comments

• rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Randomness of pugs. I have only been kicked once during a ToS run, where the 2 people doing the kicking spoke in only a foreign language (non english). I typically advocate the usage of the lfg and queue system, but its like RNG. Sometimes its fantastic, other times its completely backwards. Maybe you even lucked out.. maybe they were gonna kick you after killing boss before looting. At least it saved you that agony.

Pug/Queue/LFG = RNG

Sorry to hear it though, it shouldnt happen. Keep communicating to group prior to run though, you did the right thing.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Yeah, as somebody said above - PUGs. So far I've met people kicking me for "too much DPS", "Class item drop" (nvm I chose greed first), "Asks too much" (asked somebody to pick up the books behind in SP while cleaning mobs ahead to speed up the process), "Is pissing me off with advices" (just lol). All runs done with at least one person from my friends list, that's how I knew what the reason for kickvote was.

Needless to say many PUGs don't even speak english? Making it even harder. I find it fun to carry pugs in epic DV though, when they all can somewhat understand you. Wiped 15 times like that yesterday, did 100m damage and spent 3 hours but it was so fun, I forgot when I had so much fun last time. So yeah, PUG is pretty much random adventure.
  • erhgferhgf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Thanks. I feel much better after reading your responses. I just hope the game itself can have some kind of mechanism that prevents random kicking like this.
    Randomness of pugs. I have only been kicked once during a ToS run, where the 2 people doing the kicking spoke in only a foreign language (non english). I typically advocate the usage of the lfg and queue system, but its like RNG. Sometimes its fantastic, other times its completely backwards. Maybe you even lucked out.. maybe they were gonna kick you after killing boss before looting. At least it saved you that agony.
    Pug/Queue/LFG = RNG
    Sorry to hear it though, it shouldnt happen. Keep communicating to group prior to run though, you did the right thing.
    ya I got kicked a few times before for needing a class loot when no one said it's a greed run, and I got nothing for doing over twice the dps of the second person. Maybe I should just avoid FC DK runs and skip the weekly measly 1000 AD lol Thanks for your comments.
    vasdamas wrote: »
    Yeah, as somebody said above - PUGs. So far I've met people kicking me for "too much DPS", "Class item drop" (nvm I chose greed first), "Asks too much" (asked somebody to pick up the books behind in SP while cleaning mobs ahead to speed up the process), "Is pissing me off with advices" (just lol). All runs done with at least one person from my friends list, that's how I knew what the reason for kickvote was.
    Needless to say many PUGs don't even speak english? Making it even harder. I find it fun to carry pugs in epic DV though, when they all can somewhat understand you. Wiped 15 times like that yesterday, did 100m damage and spent 3 hours but it was so fun, I forgot when I had so much fun last time. So yeah, PUG is pretty much random adventure.
    wow I'm very sorry to hear what you have gone through with vote kicking... my experience is completely nothing compared to yours... I hope things can get better in the future. Perhaps if the kicked person can see who initiated the kick, who agreed, and what reason is used, people won't be so imprudent with their votes.
  • zshikarazshikara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    you can get a group for FC in legit. All you need to do is form it yourself. I understand it is intimidating to some to post in a public channel for any reason, let alone forming your own group, but I promise noone will make fun of you for posting.

Yeah, I only form groups in Legit because of the bad actions of the player base in random pugs. success rate in legit is darn near 100% too. I think recently I've even succeeded on every run of epic shores. When I use the queue system that's in the game I have maybe a 40% success rate for epic shores.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Join the legit channel by visiting http://goo.gl/1zfnTS to apply!
    Performing ritual pony sacrifices to Tiamat to earn favor with the RNG Gods since 2014.
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Pugs are going to be pugs. As far as the system doing something to protect you from it, would you prefer to be stuck in a group with those people while they rage at you till you quit?
    edited September 2014
    telerogue wrote: »
    Deal with it OP, working as intended.

NeverWinter is the law of the jungle, only the strongest make the law, period.

I don't think that's quite fair. It's not a Neverwinter issue, it's an anonymity of the internet issue. People are comfortable doing things like this because they don't see you as another person in some ways. But once again, lets say you can't kick people anymore. You'll then have griefiers joining runs to try to wipe them, people afking at campfires to try to get a shot at loot for no effort, and people going off into rages when they can't kick someone, so that that person quits instead. So it's not like you can really create a better system, you can only exchange one set of problems for another. This is a situation that can't be won.
    edited September 2014
    telerogue wrote: »
    Exactly, admiring your clear view of things.

This is human nature mate, especially in NW, people will ALWAYS find a way to exploit/go around something, ALWAYS.

Either you adapt and become a bastard yourself or be a good little person and get eated by the LIONS.

Or you know, you seek out like minded players and don't pug. You know that way you don't have to lower yourself.
    edited September 2014
    Legit is the only reason I still run dungeons, have completed 100% no matter the composition of the group nor the almight Gearscore lfg always wants. Everyones been polite and helpful. Chat I dont pay much attention too, unless something random catches my eye. I have never had an issue with the channel, except! they are not big on football :) (which is alright with me)
    We can pretend.
    Oh Wonder - Without You

- Dylan Thomas
    edited September 2014
    Hahah, I was referring to hand egg, lol funny name.

Much respect to Messi though

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FKb428cXP8

Dude is a baller
    We can pretend.
    Oh Wonder - Without You

- Dylan Thomas
  • juttetsujuttetsu Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Maybe you even lucked out.. maybe they were gonna kick you after killing boss before looting. At least it saved you that agony.

They really should look into a way to remove that abuse of the kick system. perhapse once the final boss is killed players cant be kicked OR once the final boss reaches a certain percentage of health remaining players can no longer be kicked.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    Some posts have been removed and this topic is now done.

These forums are not for reporting bad behavior. If we cannot discuss issues with the Vote Kick system without resorting to insults, degradation, or accusations, then we won't discuss it at all.

Bottom Line: If you believe you've been the victim of abuse by the Vote Kick system, file a GM Ticket.

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
This discussion has been closed.