test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Siege of Neverwinter Dev Livestream Q&A Thread

akromatikakromatik Member Posts: 1
edited September 2014 in General Discussion (PC)

Greetings adventurers!

Do you have questions about the Siege of Neverwinter or how events for Neverwinter are designed implemented?

Post your questions here for a chance to have them answered live on our Siege of Neverwinter Developer Livestream on Wednesday 9/17!

Don't forget, you can watch the Livestream 2 PM PST Wednesday 9/17 on the Perfect World Community Twitch Channel.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    How will the siege tie into the events of Module 4 and 5? Will it be separate or tie into a deeper storyline?
  • dionchidionchi Member Posts: 919 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Many of the more recent modules seem to be adverse to players who play solo it seems to me. Although team play is often desirable, there are problems getting players known to each other able to log on to play cooperatively and occasionally when questing with strangers players are often teamed with those just wanting to rush through quests instead of look around or seem to be more interested in getting as much loot as they can instead of allowing everyone their share.

How about a couple of more solo friendly quests for people who have more real world demands on their lives and less time to find people to take part in lengthy campaigns?
    DD~
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    Will neverwinter devs implement events/dungeons/skirmishes in the future that does not promote zergfests and have rewards that scale more appropriately based on player performance instead of mostly RNG like the current heroic encounters?
  • jackedbrahjackedbrah Member Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    When will RNG be removed or toned down in terms of frustration?
    Elitist dooshbag

Guardian Fighter main. I will never switch to Paladin even if we're a dying breed. GF for ever!

Main alts: Great Weapon Fighter, Control Wizard.
  • josephskyrimjosephskyrim Member Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    1) Do the tomes for the Dragon Boons drop from the normal chests of the skirmish and dungeon or do I need a key? And am I better off ignoring keys to just hoard up 100 commerce items to buy the tomes? :/

2) Are you planning on adding a Tyranny of Dragons currency item option to the Invoke Chest #6 which currently gives out Sharandar and Dread ring currency stuffs? If so when?

3) In the future, can you please not have encounters that only happen every 20 minutes as part of the daily task? Hunting those dragons has turned from epic to being a chore with way too much wasted down time (aka "waiting to have fun"). Until then can you please consider making a Dragon Timer artifact? :P
    If you can't stand on a chest, it is a mimic!
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    Guys please read the opening post.
    akromatik wrote: »
    Do you have questions about the Siege of Neverwinter or how events for Neverwinter are designed implemented?

Questions must be about the event; not the game in general.
  • bardaaronbardaaron Member Posts: 545 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    For those of use who haven't caught any of the others, how do we get onto the livestream?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2014
    You can watch the stream on the Perfect World Community Twitch Channel.
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    You can watch the stream on the Perfect World Community Twitch Channel.

How will they know who qualifys for a blue companion they are giving away if they reach 2000 viewers? and last time I tried watching a livestream with that many people watching it was awful laggy and the chat channel stopped working constantly.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
    edited September 2014
    That I do not know the answer to. It's the question I considered when I first saw the news and a question my guild asked me literally five minutes ago. I am hoping they detail that information before the stream.
  • ladysylvialadysylvia Member Posts: 946 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    Does the RNG fufu our ashes like in the CtA events with the companiondrops?
  • lortechlortech Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 51
    edited September 2014
    1-- Is there any way/Are there any plans to fix the massive lag spikes that come with seemingly every event?

2-- What's up with the bright green leaves on the enemy character models in the foreground and mid-ground and swirly green effects in the background battle in the screenshot in the announcement post?
    "One day I will leave this world and dream myself to reality"--Chief Crazy Horse

"Do what thou Whilt shall be the whole of the Law. Love is the Law, Love under Will."--Aleister Crowley
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Okay.

What are the rewards and why did you chose these ones?
    Can you say something about the odds to get the highest tier of rewards?
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    Will the rewards from this skirmish involve a lot of RNG?
  • kwsapphirekwsapphire Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited September 2014

Greetings adventurers!

Post your questions here for a chance to have them answered live on our Siege of Neverwinter Developer Livestream on Wednesday 9/17!

Don't forget, you can watch the Livestream 2 PM EST Wednesday 9/17 on the Perfect World Community Twitch Channel.

Can you please confirm the time zone? Other posts in the dev tracker are saying 2pm Pacific, not Eastern. Thanks!
    qtPt2I
  • canis36canis36 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Is this going to be a one-off event like the Valindara's End of Beta invasion, or will it be something that returns?

Given that this is supposed to tie into the quest/story-line for the Tyranny of Dragons will a more permanent version of the story presented in this event be hanging around only without the special rewards?
  • akromatikakromatik Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    How will they know who qualifys for a blue companion they are giving away if they reach 2000 viewers? and last time I tried watching a livestream with that many people watching it was awful laggy and the chat channel stopped working constantly.

How it'll work is that once we hit 2k viewers, we will release a code at the end of the stream that can be redeemed by everyone. Think of it like a not-so-hidden hidden code :)
  • ladysylvialadysylvia Member Posts: 946 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    How it'll work is that once we hit 2k viewers, we will release a code at the end of the stream that can be redeemed by everyone. Think of it like a not-so-hidden hidden code :)

Is this a account-wide one or just for the char? Second: Can this code be passed to other, that doesn't viewed the stream? Third: Where can we redeemed it?
  • fayedeloncrentfayedeloncrent Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    anychance they will ever come out with a 1vs1 pvp or anychance they might someday fix the pvp to be based on gs rank after 60 16k+gs going up again 9k and even up is a bit rediculas
    edited September 2014
    kwsapphire wrote: »
    Can you please confirm the time zone? Other posts in the dev tracker are saying 2pm Pacific, not Eastern. Thanks!

My bad! My guild runs on Eastern so it was written out of habit.
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Member Posts: 601 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    What type of rewards will we see from this event? Any new mounts, or special weapon, armor or clothing types? New enchants or old ones?
  • djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Will the event use it's own currency or reuse medallions?currency inventory is full for a lot of players you know...
  • kwsapphirekwsapphire Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    My bad! My guild runs on Eastern so it was written out of habit.

No problem, just glad to have clarification so I can be online at the right time! Thanks very much! :]
    qtPt2I
  • two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    1. How do you approach creating event professions such as Summer Provisioning, Simril Lightcrafting, and the possible siege defense effort?

2. How do you balance non-cosmetic event rewards, such as reusable potion-slot items, in an increasingly complex game?
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • fauust01fauust01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    At what time it will start in Poland ? 11 PM ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • w00trandomsnoobiw00trandomsnoobi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    fauust01 wrote: »
    At what time it will start in Poland ? 11 PM ?
    Yes.

12 pm here, so I'll have to pass.
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    lortech wrote: »
    1-- Is there any way/Are there any plans to fix the massive lag spikes that come with seemingly every event?

This ^. While I love these events (Respen rocked!), the inherent lag makes them difficult to enjoy. Is anyone investigating the server side issues especially during heavy usage like Events? Not a slam, just an honest concern being brought forth.

Thanks for the events guys and gals. As much as we all like to complain, there are a LOT of things that you get right!
    I aim to misbehave
  • rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    What type of rewards will we see from this event? Any new mounts, or special weapon, armor or clothing types? New enchants or old ones?

Here yo go, check it out: http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Siege_of_Neverwinter
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• teleroguetelerogue Banned Users Posts: 112 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    What color will your hair be next Akromatik?

Most important question of them all.
  • mrgiggles651mrgiggles651 Member Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Didn't see a code.
    I wasted five million AD promoting the Foundry.
This discussion has been closed.