test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter Scheduled Maintenance - 9/11 7am PDT (Completed)

dwightmcdwightmc Member Posts: 95
edited September 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Hi all,

Maintenance today is estimated to last about 2 hours, but could be extended due to unforeseen circumstances.

Patch Notes are available here: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/7004933-patch-notes%3A-09%2F11%2F14

-Dwight

Update 1 (7:10 AM PDT) Maintenance has begun. Patch notes added.
Update 2 (8:00 AM PDT) Maintenance is ongoing, still looking at the same downtime.
Update 3 (8:40 AM PDT) Just running some final checks, if everything checks out the servers should be up soon.
Update 4 (9:19 AM PDT) Sorry for the delay. Maintenance has completed.
Post edited by dwightmc on

Comments

• Options
    robrobsonrobrobson Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Really is this that hard to make dragon coin stacks bigger? :(
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    The developers have plans to address that situation but it will take a bit to get their fix in place.
  • Options
    urkmockingjayurkmockingjay Member Posts: 47
    edited September 2014
    Does immunity to chill mean that the second part of shatter regarding immune kicks in?

Or should I just switch to thaum ?
  • Options
    abecassisabecassis Member Posts: 255 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    Would have been nice for a fix to Red Dragon Glyphs and Dragon Hoard Coins. As of now we cant do dailies and PvP because of it. There is not much left to do really. My horse is tired from jumping arround in protectors enclave
    Dr. Phil
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    Of course not. Control Immunity is the "Control Immunity" mechanics like Unstoppable.

They are immune to chill and freezes. They are not immune to control.

Simple Solution: use a non-chill based control between chills and freezes.
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    magenubbie wrote: »
    That should be done for all currencies, which may explain why it's taken longer than we'd like.

There's no excuse really. It has affected players and their ability to progress for weeks and there's no reason at the very least they could raise the stack limit as a temporary or permanent measure. It's not hard, it doesn't need over a month to do something about it. If you want to expand the fix to apply to other currencies than great, but prioritise the dragon coins. It shouldn't have been released like that let alone ignored for weeks. "We're working on it" is not good enough.
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Ooh nice! Chill immunity for a few secs and GF's block is useful against CC, that should help balance things out a bit.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    shadowgod244shadowgod244 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    what about the BoP from the summer festival will that be fixed and will it be retroactive fixing things already bound, also have the items from lockboxes been fixed so they are no longer BoA as thats a big reason to never buy keys again
  • Options
    alkemist80alkemist80 Member Posts: 957 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    what about the BoP from the summer festival will that be fixed and will it be retroactive fixing things already bound

When I checked out the preview server yesterday, the items at the summer festival that read BoE but became BoP read as BoP now. In other words they are not going to retro act and probably keep it BoP here on out.
    Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg
  • Options
    jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Interface

Stores now properly display how an item will bind to you in certain cases such as the Summer event store.

Yea... Closed that barn door after the horse was waaaaaay over the horizon.

Proud owner of 2 bound pigs. One bought and blue, one originally destined for market, but er, refused to go.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    what about the BoP from the summer festival will that be fixed and will it be retroactive fixing things already bound, also have the items from lockboxes been fixed so they are no longer BoA as thats a big reason to never buy keys again
    The bug involving binds was in the display. The stores now show the correct binding information.

Bound items from lockboxes are due to your account being on probation. That is working as intended. More details here.
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014

I hope the feasts that were BoP are made BoE but I really doubt that they will make the bought Pig companions BoE.
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Most event rewards are BoP, so I don't see that changing.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Control Wizard: Freeze and Chill: After a target has been Frozen they are immune to new Chill stacks for 3 seconds. This lock out affects all Wizards.
    Control Wizard: Shatter Strike: After a target has been stunned by Shatter Strike they are immune to new chill stacks for 4 seconds (3 seconds on players). This lockout affects all Wizards.

Does the immunity start when you are actually frozen or when the effect ends? Same question for Shatter Strike.
  • Options
    wachumpongwachumpong Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Does the immunity start when you are actually frozen or when the effect ends? Same question for Shatter Strike.

i think yes, it works after the effect, this update is so good, +1 to this.
    i think if they fix the hr self healing i wont see anymore complain
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The bug involving binds was in the display. The stores now show the correct binding information.

Bound items from lockboxes are due to your account being on probation. That is working as intended. More details here.

Well that kind of sucks, farmed up a lot of stuff to be able to sell them. Assumed the bug was in what the items were doing and that the pets and mounts would behave how previous events like the last summer festival and winter festival were. Guess I'll be buying a lot of pinatas.
  • Options
    aesculaepiusaesculaepius Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    robrobson wrote: »
    Really is this that hard to make dragon coin stacks bigger? :(

Of course not - that'd only require a quick update in one table. I understand that they want to overhaul the whole system, but increasing the stack level as a temporary solution is not an unreasonable request.
  • Options
    yukimaru153yukimaru153 Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Of course not. Control Immunity is the "Control Immunity" mechanics like Unstoppable.

They are immune to chill and freezes. They are not immune to control.

Simple Solution: use a non-chill based control between chills and freezes.

Well i think you all are not looking at the bigger picture. Why bother with just "freezing immunity"? Do you not know they you have mobs not to mention classes that spam prone a toon to death? And guess what you always have....But yet you do nothing about it. If you think im trolling I have the ss to go with that. You have mobs and bosses in IWD that ignore CC immunity as well as in dealing with the new encounters. Yet freezing is the big issue. This is the first **** game I have ever seen where you can spam prone,freeze, or stun a person till they can do nothing. Come on really??? Of course not? Nothing is ever certain in this game without asking. And even then its still subject to change more than a TV infomercial.....
  • Options
    yukimaru153yukimaru153 Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Does immunity to chill mean that the second part of shatter regarding immune kicks in?

Or should I just switch to thaum ?

Yep just roll thaum thats what pretty much everyone else is doing. The seem to give to flips less about fixing the problems they created for ren and opp. Trust me I love playing something else and even I have rolled thaum. Hell I rolled from ren to opp knowing the damage was less just to be a support and now they are rapeing that so...yea. If they nerf thaum then its time for a new game because im not play any other class...
  • Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    This is the first **** game I have ever seen where you can spam prone,freeze, or stun a person till they can do nothing.

Lots of games try and make this mechanic work, and it always goes poorly. Any time you take complete control away from a character, that advantage is immeasurable. Stuns and Fears are always problematic to balance, as well as Stealth.

I'm still a little shocked that it takes more than 2 seconds to change dragon horde coins from 99 to 999. This should be as basic a fix as they come and literally take less than 3 minutes. Thankfully I'm not farming dragons yet - I'm not that bored yet (sure I'll get there someday).
  • Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Uh. Long maintenance today. I hope we'll be able to access the Summer Event Vendors after the event is finished?
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    The main vendor at the podium will almost certainly still be there. The rest will not be able to be accessed.
  • Options
    relativityrelativity Member Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Jesus wept. You would think CW is the clearest class to order. You can make a controller tree, you can make a chill dps tree and you can make an arcane spell, crit burst tree (renegades). But why bother when you can force everyone into thauma. I will not give up on renegade yet, but for goodness sake, at least don't lie to people and correct tooltip on Nightmare wizardry (5% chance of proccing) and Phantasmal Destruction (fossilized dinosaur).
    Bids he then the spruces to singer him an anthems!
    thief-glyphs.gif?w=32
    And the Woodsie Lord binders them fleshes to stone!
  • Options
    chronin78chronin78 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I really hope the Summer Event vendors are still up. I was so close to getting the pig companion on 2 of my characters but I forgot about patch day. I saw the timer in game and figured I had 1 more quest turn in as long as I log in early. I want to at least get the weapon skins or something. Better than having almost 4,000 petals disappear I guess.
  • Options
    darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    chronin78 wrote: »
    I really hope the Summer Event vendors are still up. I was so close to getting the pig companion on 2 of my characters but I forgot about patch day. I saw the timer in game and figured I had 1 more quest turn in as long as I log in early. I want to at least get the weapon skins or something. Better than having almost 4,000 petals disappear I guess.

As Ambisinister noted just 3 posts above you, the vendor on the platform in PE should remain, probably for about a week judging from previous events.

Although don't wait a week and then blame me if the vendor is gone...
  • Options
    harkurharkur Member Posts: 305 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    relativity wrote: »
    Jesus wept. You would think CW is the clearest class to order. You can make a controller tree, you can make a chill dps tree and you can make an arcane spell, crit burst tree (renegades). But why bother when you can force everyone into thauma. I will not give up on renegade yet, but for goodness sake, at least don't lie to people and correct tooltip on Nightmare wizardry (5% chance of proccing) and Phantasmal Destruction (fossilized dinosaur).

About to have a very unhappy wife who runs Oppressor and finally, with the last round of changes, started enjoying the game again. Yes it needed some changes...but making balancing changes with an axe instead of a scalpel is never a good idea, assuming you care about the people you're affecting.
  • Options
    farla47farla47 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I decided to get a pig companion with the rest of my petals, even though I didn't need it for collection purposes (and I sort of loath pigs). I went on a crazy flower picking frenzy in the last minutes before the server went down, and traded in my final flowers for petals about 1.5 seconds before I was booted. Win!
    And double win, cause I have 0 flowers and enough petals for a pig+food item, then 0 of those. No useless inventory clutter!

Now to find a name for my pig.
    (almost)All my friends are Imaginary!
  • Options
    yokki1yokki1 Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Of course not - that'd only require a quick update in one table. I understand that they want to overhaul the whole system, but increasing the stack level as a temporary solution is not an unreasonable request.

+1 for quick updating one table value for the particular stack until they program the full fix. current state blocks me from farming dragons cause if i do (over 2300 coins) i won't be able to collect daily quests.
This discussion has been closed.