test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Request for pinata info - is it known?

drartwhodentdrartwhodent Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 305 Arc User
edited September 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
1. Will they disappear immediately upon event ending?
2. If not, will we be able to continue to buy them as long as the vendor is still in PE?
3. Will the curio still have a chance to drop after event ends?

Also, will the crafting aspect end immediately at event end, or will we be able to craft feasts and/or fashion wear until the vendor leaves PE?
DON'T
PANIC!
Post edited by drartwhodent on

Comments

• drartwhodentdrartwhodent Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Turns out that the crafting aspect says it will end immediately at the end of the event.
    Guess we / I will just have to wait until tomorrow morning to find out the answers to my other questions though.
    DON'T
    PANIC!
  • crixus8000crixus8000 Member Posts: 1,205 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    I want to know this too. you get pretty good items out of them and I save up lots for a chance at the curio so if they go out of my inventory I will be very annoyed. I already got ripped off in this event once. The boar said it was binds on equip so I bought it, to sell for a little ad but when I did it was bound to me -.-
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • t8xt8x Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    1. No
    2. Yes
    3. Yes
  • two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    1. No
    2. Yes
    3. Maybe

Also, I wish the was a "Piñata Slayer" title.
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • w00trandomsnoobiw00trandomsnoobi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    two30 wrote: »
    Ooh! Yes, please!
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I was pissed at the pig. Bought one, thought eh, if I have enough petals I'll hock it and get my money back later... So anyway, now I have spare bacon. Pity I can't barbeque the *******.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • w00trandomsnoobiw00trandomsnoobi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    jonkoca wrote: »
    I was pissed at the pig. Bought one, thought eh, if I have enough petals I'll hock it and get my money back later... So anyway, now I have spare bacon. Pity I can't barbeque the *******.
    Yeah, at least barbecued meat isn't BoP.
  • thirstiusthirstius Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    It would be nice to have the Professional tasks available for a few more days to clear out our last materials.

And I agree with everyone else -- I bought a bunch of pinatas with my petals but didn't have a chance to open very many of them yet, so I would be very bummed to lose them -- and to lose this chance at getting a Curio.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    two30 wrote: »
    1. No
    2. Yes
    3. Maybe

Best answer. Especially the Piñata Slayer part. :D
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    While the in-game text is cryptic, I am strongly under the impression that each way of getting a curio is only in effect for the duration of the event, even the ones that are tied to some kind of persistent RNG package you can open afterwards.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • spike0337spike0337 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    1. Will they disappear immediately upon event ending?
    2. If not, will we be able to continue to buy them as long as the vendor is still in PE?
    3. Will the curio still have a chance to drop after event ends?

Also, will the crafting aspect end immediately at event end, or will we be able to craft feasts and/or fashion wear until the vendor leaves PE?

1 no
    2 yes
    3 yes

the 3rd one yes. You can still get a curio.I got one today killing one and I know it came from it because I was alone popping pinata when it dropped.When I picked it up I got the quest to go see the guy.
  • lycragirllycragirl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 53
    edited September 2014
    While the in-game text is cryptic, I am strongly under the impression that each way of getting a curio is only in effect for the duration of the event, even the ones that are tied to some kind of persistent RNG package you can open afterwards.

I got a curio out of a piñata yesterday. I did open about 60 though. I had saved them up for the enchantment drops.

Edit: Already confirmed by the post above.
  • kirkcaldykirkcaldy Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Currently opening Pinatas, that I got with left over tokens and petals.
    10 characters on my account with a total count of approx. +500 Pinatas.
    First char got the curio after opening 24.
    Have now done 4 chars for approx. +200 Pinatas opened
    and so far still just the one Curio.
    Truckload of rank 1 enchants and why does it keep giving me,
    lesser healing pots on a lvl 60 char. :p

Will post the final result when I finish opening them all.
    Going to be having nightmares about Pinatas. ;)

• ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    It's worth noting, Kirkaldy got the ancient curio last night.

They are still dropping if you are interested.
  • lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I've opened 150 and no curio so far, still 1100 pinatas left, if I get at least one that would be a surprise for me, RNG hates me so much. :P
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    People who would like some company while wrecking their fingers and wrists opening all those Pinatas are most welcome to do so in front of the PE bank.. There are usually folks willing to keep you company, and hoover up those yummy buff foods :D