test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

"Outgrown" artifacts and double refinement weekend

beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
edited September 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
I know it isn't normally worth it to use a purple artifact to refine another artifact. But here I am with an array of Waters and Lanterns that I've upgraded to purple in the past because that's what I had and I wanted the third stat, and now sometimes maybe I have access to a better option. Some of them aren't even equipped anymore, but sitting in inventory, mocking me.

Do y'all think double RP makes up for the purple marks? I'm sort of leaning that way, at least in some cases.

In a lot of cases, my "better option" might be a DC or GWF artifact, which means I wouldn't be able to recover the points a second time. I know both these Sigils really solid statwise, and the DC active is awesome and the GWF one is also very good (but not as good as the Lantern for parties...?).

I am a primarily PvE player with no particular need to rank up the latest, greatest artifact to legendary every other month, but I do like to capitalize on opportunities for improvement as much as possible. So it's not like I'll likely be kicking myself when the FotM changes again.

I *probably* want to keep my Lanterns on all the TRs, but might let it go on other classes. The Waters, I don't use as an active normally, but am not sure if I'd regret the loss of a strong heal in cases where I want to PvP sometimes... but the DC artifact might make up for it anyway.

Tough decisions! Please to either support me or stop me from doing something stupid.
Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• abishai3705abishai3705 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 40
    edited September 2014
    Tough decisions! Please to either support me or stop me from doing something stupid.

Dropping unwanted Artifacts into your 'equipped' artifacts is a great idea for double RP weekend! Couple of tips for you:

-First step, commit to your decision to get rid of the artifact... if you have any doubt about it, don't do it. (The lantern/waters are easy to replace... but the more rare types are going to be harder to commit to)
    - The RP is based of the LEVEL of the Artifact NOT the COLOR. (ex. rank 58 = 119,540 & rank 59 =123,920 even tho they are both blue) Make sure you refine it all the way to the next level or you lose some of your effort.
    -make sure you drop the artifact of the same 'type' into your artifact you are refining (i.e. Union into Union, Power into Power, Stability into Stability) as that will give you a 5 TIMES BONUS (10 TIMES on double RP Weekend!!!)
    so throw your waters into your Sigil of Devoted and your lantern into Sigil of the GWF for the most bang for your buck.

refer to this article on the wiki to learn more about refining your artifacts: http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Artifact
    Abishai the Blessed - 60 Sun Elf DC
    Shazaam - 60 Tiefling CW
    Link - 60 Menzoberranzan Renegade (Drow) HR
    Naruto - 60 Half-Orc TR
    Moose - 60 Human GWF
    T-Wrecks 60 Half-Orc GF
    Drag King - 60 Dragonborn SW
  • tinukedatinukeda Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I know it isn't normally worth it to use a purple artifact to refine another artifact.

It isn't? Why not? You get like 4x the RP that is currently in it when you use them in similarly typed artifacts (not to mention you got RP multipliers when you added to the 1st artifact too, right?).

Edit: 5x bonus? even better!
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    - The RP is based of the LEVEL of the Artifact NOT the COLOR. (ex. rank 58 = 119,540 & rank 59 =123,920 even tho they are both blue) Make sure you refine it all the way to the next level or you lose some of your effort.

Very likely I would have forgotten about this, so I thank you very much for the reminder.
    tinukeda wrote: »
    It isn't? Why not?

Mostly because of the reagent cost in going from rare to epic quality, though the calculations for the optimal time to use artifacts for refining other artifacts (59, dude) are based on farming Skulls specifically for fodder.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    tinukeda wrote: »
    It isn't? Why not? You get like 4x the RP that is currently in it when you use them in similarly typed artifacts (not to mention you got RP multipliers when you added to the 1st artifact too, right?).

Edit: 5x bonus? even better!

The higher the level, the less efficient it gets. The gmop affects the efficiency considerably so is usually the cut off point. If you're not using them, even though they're useful, then why not use them for RP? You can always buy them again.
  • tinukedatinukeda Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Ah, I gotcha now.

But:
    frishter wrote: »
    If you're not using them ... then why not use them for RP?
  • chaoscourtesanchaoscourtesan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Anything I have that I don't use often is just taking space in my bank. It will all be consumed if DubRP weekend comes. Well, those that CAN be, anyway. I'm done hanging on to stuff that I -might- be able to use later.

Good to hear. Still, we could all get zombified by Val before then. XD
    Rhyon Cawdorian GWF | Opa Loka TR | Cormac Argentus III DC | Annika Thornblade GF | Aerys Skydark HR | Bartin Findlor TR | Aellia Baalthrall CW | Lucan Hawkmoon CW | Opa Brahk GWF | Korzbyrk DC | Den Kruk GWF | Jherek Skarsin CW |
    Roland Mac Sheonin GF | Tarron Direheart SW |
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    It will all be consumed if DubRP weekend comes.

No "if" about it!
    https://twitter.com/NeverwinterGame/status/509033219656654849

Neverwinter Census 2017