• Options
    dtzdtz Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited September 2014
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    grimah wrote: »
    How did you even find that one?

OMG. Took one for the team for sure there. I want 15 minutes of my life back.

A half-dozen "destroyed" village houses and a well on a flat grass plain, and a well leading to a pre-populated sewer with CotD encounter mobs only spaced every 20' or so -- and almost all of the swimming in the sewer water for some reason.
    A handful of blade traps floating 2' above the ground, and a mysterious floating pillar torch as well.

It probably took less time to build than to run through.

But, hey -- free green companion! sigh.

Apparently Cryptic didn't "pre-filter" any of these. Signal-to-noise ratio is gonna be off the charts.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    eldarth wrote: »
    Apparently Cryptic didn't "pre-filter" any of these. Signal-to-noise ratio is gonna be off the charts.
    Well, remember, it's community judging, so they're presumably only filtering out quests that don't meet the requirements. If it involves the Cult of the Dragon and isn't too short it's probably going to get featured, no matter how bad.

Just so long as this doesn't get featured, I'm perfectly willing to let a few bad quests slip through (and perfectly willing to rate them as they deserve - I'm not going to give everyone 5 stars and a 500 AD tip just for achievement credit). Besides, it may be the only chance they'll ever have.
    Rank 8 Foundry Grand Master

Check out my Foundry questline, The Brightstone Explorers' Guild, now archived on Youtube!
  • Options
    bardaaronbardaaron Member Posts: 545 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    What if there's a tie? I mean, if it comes down to average number of stars, or average total number of stars, I am betting there will be A LOT of 4.xs throughout the range. I can easily envision there being 10 or 11 4.9s, so when that happens, how do they determine which identical average counts for more than the others? Will they tie break on who has the most 5 star ratings? What if that too is a tie?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    going to be hard to have a tie, it will be based on average score, whether they apply the adjusted rating is unsure. they can round it down to 0.000 or even further if theres a tie.

As for those bad foundrys, I can understand why they have to include them too, because its a contest for everyone, and not everyone is as creative as another. But there are 2-3 foundry quests i have played that you cannot even progress past the first room/area, because its is blocked off or bugged.
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • Options
    iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    bardaaron wrote: »
    What if there's a tie? I mean, if it comes down to average number of stars, or average total number of stars, I am betting there will be A LOT of 4.xs throughout the range. I can easily envision there being 10 or 11 4.9s, so when that happens, how do they determine which identical average counts for more than the others? Will they tie break on who has the most 5 star ratings? What if that too is a tie?

Sudden death OT. Can not win with a field goal on the first possession... :p
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • Options
    tipadaknifetipadaknife Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited September 2014
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    prettycelt wrote: »
    Well I'm glad I checked back in this thread....I actually had no idea the rating had started or that some of the entries had been put out there for official review yet. The contest really isn't getting much advertisement IMO...I imagine a majority of the community isn't even aware of it unless they follow the forums.

It was right here on the News page.
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Thanks for the c&c tipadaknife! and yeah the city was built from scratch. I didn't want the player to spend too much time in the city because my previous quest was all the time in a city so they would be too similar.
    Lots of people are giving me 2 stars because they got lost with the sparkling path, even though I explicitly told that the path is bugged and goes through buildings, I guess people don't like to read ;/
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    I loved the design of Luskan. My only issue was that a lot of the incidental NPCs had names like Horse 18 or Peasant Human 05.

Check out my Foundry questline, The Brightstone Explorers' Guild, now archived on Youtube!
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Yeah, I added one last batch of NPC's in the last update, and I forgot to change their names, sorry about that =P
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    bardaaronbardaaron Member Posts: 545 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    Yeah Reiwulf, your maps were very well designed. I really loved the layout of Luskan, with the alleyways, and all the details of the city. I also loved how in the mansion and the sewers, you used details to change the way we interact with the stock rooms. They felt like totally new places. What chair detail did you use for Minos' "throne?" I can't seem to find it when I search for it in the Foundry detail library.

The one thing about the quest that made me sad was that Jox wasn't as well developed a character as I hoped. He is pretty single-minded. I understand WHY he is, but the fact that there seems to be nothing else to him but that doesn't make for very interesting interactions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sn0wst0rmzsn0wst0rmz Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    bardaaron wrote: »
    Yeah Reiwulf, your maps were very well designed. I really loved the layout of Luskan, with the alleyways, and all the details of the city. I also loved how in the mansion and the sewers, you used details to change the way we interact with the stock rooms. They felt like totally new places. What chair detail did you use for Minos' "throne?" I can't seem to find it when I search for it in the Foundry detail library.

The one thing about the quest that made me sad was that Jox wasn't as well developed a character as I hoped. He is pretty single-minded. I understand WHY he is, but the fact that there seems to be nothing else to him but that doesn't make for very interesting interactions.

I'm glad someone else took the time to really detail a custom map. With this realized though, it saddens me to think that they will probably never release the full editor to us. It's a real shame too, because I think quite a lot of people would spend a great amount of time and effort making some really kick *** foundries. The people running the show just don't have the vision for anything beyond their profit without investment though.

It would be nice too see a concerted effort for a seamless (zoneless) world map for this game. Of course, they dump multiple games on the same crappy server hardware, even though they are making over 100 million as a gaming company annually.

Meh...

Would love too see what some of these would be like with a full editor for a tool given to the authors.
    "I attack the darkness!"

Foundry Author of Arselu'Tel'Quess (NW-DDQ6P4IKQ)
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    I fully agree with Sn0wstormz, I'd LOVE to be able to make a real "world map" a zone big enough that could connect the basic zones we have now, I'd love even more if the devs made it themselves, but I don't see it happening.
    I'm a sucker for exploring, I love to do it and find special details others have put in some places, and the way the game works now doesn't reward exploring at all.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    sn0wst0rmzsn0wst0rmz Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    reiwulf wrote: »
    I fully agree with Sn0wstormz, I'd LOVE to be able to make a real "world map" a zone big enough that could connect the basic zones we have now, I'd love even more if the devs made it themselves, but I don't see it happening.
    I'm a sucker for exploring, I love to do it and find special details others have put in some places, and the way the game works now doesn't reward exploring at all.

I totally agree with exploration not being part of this game. The zones are dinky, there's obviously no investment from China's Perfect World into this. They were trying to say their new game 'Swordsman' was the reason they had a 149 million dollar quarter. What a joke. If they would buy some decent servers like Cray and give there games each a dedicated server... and hire some talent to build Faerun... this IP could easily topple WoW.

After what I produced mashing through this version of the FOundry in a month... i can't imagine what excuse they are telling themselves they have... for not putting out large, explorable zones. If they expect the community to do it, that's fine... give us the tools.

Simply put, it just reinforces the downfall of DnD when the founders of WoTC sold out.
    "I attack the darkness!"

Foundry Author of Arselu'Tel'Quess (NW-DDQ6P4IKQ)
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Yeah it's kind of sad, because to me exploration is a big part in the DnD world, I wish we could have something better than what we have now.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Quests are being featured in the order posted, so you can pretty much guess when yours is going to come up. Mine is still a couple months away. Like The Artifact, though, if they stick with procedure, we'll be getting a featured quest next week which has been played by nobody. I'd say the quality will increase as we go along and get to quests that have had more time spent on them -- but that would be wrong, because we saw some great quests in the very first batch, the ones that were posted a day or two after the contest began.

I'm really looking forward to playing all of these as they become featured :)
    dec2014nwsig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Seeing how it seems Cryptic is just going through the contest entries sequentially, I looked ahead to see which ones had apparently never been played, except by their author, to see it, maybe, there's a hidden gem in our future. Or perhaps, a quest which won't meet the rules of the contest and be lost... forever.

Here's my reviews of three of them:

ATTACK OF THE CULT OF THE DRAGON -- https://plus.google.com/+BrendaHolloway/posts/AtbHmNNzuxh

A NEW DRACOLICH -- https://plus.google.com/+BrendaHolloway/posts/PAFiqD9C2BE

SOULBIND RING -- https://plus.google.com/+BrendaHolloway/posts/bbfR99QW8Df
    dec2014nwsig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    I have to confess I had a great time reading your reviews XD
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Why, thank you :)
    dec2014nwsig.png
  • Options
    akromatikakromatik Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2014

Alrighty, I've sent out the Mystagogue codes to all participants. If your code give you an error, PM me and I can set you up with a new one. Also, if you didn't get a code, PM me and I can provide one.

• Options
    edited September 2014
    Thanks for the companion!

At the end of the first week, ranking by total number of stars, we have Relative Security out in front, followed by The Artifact and Shadows of Purple Wings. If we were ranking by Adjusted Score, The Artifact would be at the bottom... but it has a lot of plays, and the average time is 15 minutes, the fastest of all this last week's entries.

Full rankings here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18Mo1BZSWP5pvLi-rriapDS1006E6xmUohNffftjqT70/edit?usp=sharing
    dec2014nwsig.png
  • Options
    thrymskvidathrymskvida Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Hello!

I have to say, this contest has been incredible to me thus far. Even if I don't win any of the prizes, the comments, reviews and support I've received this week have been enough to encourage me to turn my contest entry into the first installment of a small series. You guys are simply amazing.
    Shadow of purple wings: Help the Harpers investigate a wizard suspected to be part of the Cult of the Dragon. - NW-DEYV5SVQ9
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Congratulations! Your quest seems to be doing very well in this first week.
    Let's hope this contest will bring more attention to the foundry :D
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    sarlacc1979sarlacc1979 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 47
    edited September 2014
    I just wanted to thank everyone that played and reviewed my Foundry, Relative Security, thanks to you guys I was finally able to get my Book Imp (YAY)! I'm hoping this contest gets more people playing the Foundry quests, its one of my favorite parts of the game and I'm looking forward to more contests in the future.

tipadaknife, I liked your reviews and loved your spreadsheet. Thank you for making them :D
    Please try my Foundry campaign, "Olivia's Trials".
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    I have to say, this contest has been incredible to me thus far. Even if I don't win any of the prizes, the comments, reviews and support I've received this week have been enough to encourage me to turn my contest entry into the first installment of a small series. You guys are simply amazing.
    I just wanted to thank everyone that played and reviewed my Foundry, Relative Security, thanks to you guys I was finally able to get my Book Imp (YAY)! I'm hoping this contest gets more people playing the Foundry quests, its one of my favorite parts of the game and I'm looking forward to more contests in the future.
    You guys both had amazing quests! It was a pleasure to play them both.

• Options
    drakkenfeldrakkenfel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 71
    edited September 2014
    At the end of the first week, ranking by total number of stars, we have Relative Security out in front, followed by The Artifact and Shadows of Purple Wings. If we were ranking by Adjusted Score, The Artifact would be at the bottom... but it has a lot of plays, and the average time is 15 minutes, the fastest of all this last week's entries.

Full rankings here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18Mo1BZSWP5pvLi-rriapDS1006E6xmUohNffftjqT70/edit?usp=sharing

I found your reviews fascinating. I am nervously anticipating your review when my Cult Foundry finally comes up. I hope that I meet your standard, and you at least say you had a good time. I will be checking back to follow-up on your reviews of other missions. Thanks for the time you are putting into this.

Good Hunting!

Prelude: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?686261-Missing-daughters

Actual Cult Foundry: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?721851-A-Date-With-Destiny-NW-DHYEX5NKR
    Paladin.jpg
    @METH_SHADOWSTORM - Foundry author of:
    "The Sunnydale Campaign" - NWS-DKBEJ9OOM
    Episode 1: "Missing Daughters" - NW-DCX9IZBJB
    Episode 2: "A Date With Destiny" - NW-DHYEX5NKR - Featured: NW-DHFLDPWJV
    STO Foundry: "Safari So Good" - ST-HPRP2WFWI
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Oh, the BTVS one... yeah, looking forward to seeing that one. I'm a huge Buffy fan :)
    dec2014nwsig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    By the way thanks to the contest I got my epic bear mount! :D
    finally no more slow 50% speed generic horse!
    thanks!
    2e2qwj6.jpg