Knight's Valor: buffs now everyone in sigth

shiikuushiikuu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 65
edited October 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
Knight's Valor: buffs now everyone in sight not only your party members
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• dcolongdcolong Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Also no longer shields Companions =(( Hopefully a bug?
  • damnaciousdamnacious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 354 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I don't know if this is intentional or a bug as it could be a good thing, but i've found a lot of problems with KV affecting everyone in line of sight and range.

For example, if i'm mounted and riding through a zone where people are getting attacked, i can easily get dismounted due to KV. I also now get killed regularly when fighting a dragon as i am taking 50% of everyone's damage and if more than a couple of people get caught standing in the red then i am quickly dead.

I think the value of having it affect everyone in range and sight might seem like a good idea yet it causes me far more issues and problems than benefits.

Please fix.
  • crixus8000crixus8000 Member Posts: 1,205 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    It was fine before, just needed a range nerf not a rework type thing.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    damnacious wrote: »
    I don't know if this is intentional or a bug as it could be a good thing, but i've found a lot of problems with KV affecting everyone in line of sight and range.

For example, if i'm mounted and riding through a zone where people are getting attacked, i can easily get dismounted due to KV. I also now get killed regularly when fighting a dragon as i am taking 50% of everyone's damage and if more than a couple of people get caught standing in the red then i am quickly dead.

I think the value of having it affect everyone in range and sight might seem like a good idea yet it causes me far more issues and problems than benefits.

Please fix.

Umm, this is not a problem with KV, it's a problem with you: just toggle it off in such situations.
  • damnaciousdamnacious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 354 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Umm, this is not a problem with KV, it's a problem with you: just toggle it off in such situations.

I use KV to protect others, increase my DR and generate threat. Turning KV off while mounted or while fighting a dragon purely because it affects everyone will detrimentally affect myself and those i'm protecting, including reducing the increase in damage provided to party members as a result of KV used with ItF.

So no, it is not a "problem" with me. Toggling KV off is not a reasonable alternative.

I have not tested this in GG yet if it works similarly in GG, i would expect, if i was using KV in GG, that i would be dead instantly as a result of taking 50% of damage dealt to more than just my party.

As i stated previously, the 'benefits' are far outweighed by the 'problems' caused by this change to KV.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    KV should be fixed to only protect those the GF is partied with. I really do not like constantly glowing blue almost everywhere I go now. Well, Daxx doesn't mind... she likes to tingle and glow blue.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    This is actually very good for Open World PvP and GG PvP. The way Knight's Valor and some other powers like all HR Buffs only effect party members made many of those powers useless outside of Domination PvP and even lackluster in Heroic Encounters. IMO this is an improvement.

It would be nice if there were area logic though. Safe Zones such as Open World Campfires or Protector's Enclave should only effect party members or at least it should remain as is while flagged for PvP. Change the HR Powers while you are at it too. ;)
  • karlodunkarlodun Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    just to help the mods, I decided to make this post empty too :-)
  • karlodunkarlodun Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Besides, anybody else noticed, that the "Into the Fray" buffs others as well? I mean, non-group members?
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    Terms of Service

15.2 h. impede or disrupt the Service or the normal flow of game play or dialogue in the Game or in Interactive Areas (defined below) in the Service or use vulgar language, abusiveness, use of excessive shouting (ALL CAPS), “spamming” or any other disruptive or detrimental methods in an attempt to disturb other users or our employees;

That includes Bug Reports. Please do not spam Bug Reports. The number of reports you make, especially when opinions are involved, is not an acceptable behavior.

Bottom line is that in Open World PvP or GG PvP this is a 100% improvement. In Open World PvP there are plenty of times you are aiding a member of your faction who is not in your party and it has nothing to do with the fault of either side and parties are limited to five members so there are plenty of times there are powers which are made completely useless due to the fact you are fighting alongside allies who are not and can not be in your party.

Frankly what is being said here is akin to "if you want to be healed by my Astral Circle then join my party."

Clerics would be useless in situations where they could only buff and heal members of their own party.

Guardian Fighters and Hunter Rangers have plenty of buff powers which become completely useless in any situation where there is a chance to run into players who are working for the same goal that are not in *your* party.

So...if you think this isn't an improvement....that makes it an opinion and not a bug to report because to me I am elated to see that buffs are finally being given to all players completing the same goal.
  • aiulianaiulian Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I still find it a problem because every time a GF has it on he lags me like hell if there are more then the party around, so not quite an improvement if I can t use it :/ + u try to take the damage of a hole hoard of suicidal GWFs attacking a dragon...
    edited September 2014
    I would rather limit it to 5-10 players prioritizing party members.

As for you suffering from FPS drops the best solution to that is to reduce your graphics settings.
  • tehsigtehsig Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 54
    edited September 2014

As for you suffering from FPS drops the best solution to that is to reduce your graphics settings.

I can troll my entire raid in GG by putting up Knight's Valor, taking everyone on Team Speak to 1 frame per second to the tune of a chorus of *****ing and griping.

I love being able to intercept for my entire raid within line of sight and range. Can we have a Knight's Valor graphic rework instead of asking the entire player base to lower their graphics settings when in range of a GF? After all, with the changes to GF in Mod 4, we're everywhere now.

-Sig Blood Knight
    @tehsig
    edited September 2014

I play on lowest graphics since the patch... and I have to say that I don t have a trash computer or a bad internet connection...

As for GG a rework to the term party should be made... and for any other content like that (IWD Open World PVP)
    edited September 2014
    Question: In GG and Open PVP (lets say that in open PVP there is a 20 vs 20 like GG) KV stacks? I know it was bugged and if u used 2 KVs it did the math like a student that didn t passed the year, so lets assume this will be fixed or was fixed dose that means the party with most GFs will win? cause if it stacks 1st KV takes 50% 2nd KV takes 25% 3rd KV 12.5% 4th KV 6.25% 5th 3.125% dmg so if the group has 5 gfs that use KV they will take around 3.25% dmg THAT IS !@#$%^&*()

Lets don't add the fact that most of the players out there are HRs and in this combination they will be unkillable or any other fact like that, that will involve other classes.
  • theevilneedletheevilneedle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I hope, that KV buffs all people in sight is no bug and will stay like this. Now GFs have a better chance to get a great success when doing daily dragons. With KV GFs can tank a huge amount of dmg. And its not a problem to tank the dmg with KV from 40 people. Just use ur shield. And if you are to weak to tank the high dmg skills from dragon, toggle KV off for the high dmg dragons skills.
    So don't limit or nerf it. Just let it like this.
    Finally GF have good buffs and he is usefull for the party and for open world without party.
    edited September 2014
    YES but I have to play on lowest graphics because KV on 20 people lags me off. And don t start that KV is heaven with purple clouds and unicorns, I don t wanna be a turtle.

just in case u wonder, computer configuration

Processor: intel i5 3.33 Ghz
    Video Card: Nvidia GTS 250
    edited September 2014
    I have constant 60fps with and without KV. During dragon fight with 40 people it goes down to 40fps whatever KV off or on.

You don't have to be a turtle to use KV with 40 people. I am tactican and have no problem to use it. Just hold your shield up in the right moment. (right moment is when dragon make AoE dmg which hits all 40 people). And if you can't tank this dmg even with shild up, then don't use KV..
    edited September 2014
    ... I am tactican. ...

turtles are tacticians or protector... and if u say KV is no problem then why is this thread here?!
    edited September 2014
    Sometimes the problem is not inside the PC or game, but it sits in front of it.
    Get your system working well and FPS stay constant high.
    And if players can't use KV right, its not the fault of the game. Just turn off KV, when boss makes huge aoe dmg and this dmg is to much for you. Or why do you think they implement the toggle functions for KV?
  • thetankbearthetankbear Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    dcolong wrote: »
    Also no longer shields Companions =(( Hopefully a bug?

I did realize that too!!!!! it does not shield my campanions anymore???? can any one pls tell me if this is intended or a bug???