test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

WAI or not? Mystic Dragon Key/Arcane Dragon Key

zurimorzurimor Member Posts: 89 Arc User
edited September 2014 in PvE Discussion
I heard that if you decline the chest after opening it, the key is not consumed and you can use it again next time.
Is this WAI or not? Guess it is a bug since all other keys are consumed once you opened the chest, but would appreciate a confirmation.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    jasonbhoy7jasonbhoy7 Member Posts: 53
    edited September 2014
    Of course it's not supposed to work that way.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Mentioning it as an exploit I got responses like "Nobody knows whether it's wai or not, and as long as there is no official statement...blah....blah...."
    That's why I'm asking for an official confirmation.
  • Options
    jarecord03jarecord03 Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    What's WAI?
    There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.
  • Options
    aiulianaiulian Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    jarecord03 wrote: »
    What's WAI?

WAI = Working As Intended

On the other hand the DD keys work the same way if u decline the chest they stay, so an official confirmation should be made.
  • Options
    jarecord03jarecord03 Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    ah, thanks
    There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.
  • Options
    veshorokveshorok Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    O sancta simplicitas!
    almost sure it's WAI and at the same time it will be changed to "consume on opening" very-very soon..you know, zen keys..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Mentioning this gives them more of a chance to fix it making people think it'll be worth spending hundreds of thousands if not millions of AD or the zen equivalent opening the second chest when all they ever end up with is bop junk. Being able to decline it somewhat makes up for the bound nonsense to some extent.
  • Options
    hefisdohefisdo Member Posts: 709 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    zurimor wrote: »
    Guess it is a bug since all other keys are consumed once you opened the chest, but would appreciate a confirmation.

Every other key worked like that for me.

Doesn't look like a bug, since it's very fair. If you want, you take. if not, let it go.

People do the whole dungeon after all. There's no need to make it feel worthless.
    (´・ ω ・`)
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    hefisdo wrote: »
    Every other key worked like that for me.

Doesn't look like a bug, since it's very fair. If you want, you take. if not, let it go.

People do the whole dungeon after all. There's no need to make it feel worthless.

Well you can't exactly use a key for a lockbox to just peek inside :P.
  • Options
    mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Aren't you allowed to do this with DD keys?
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • Options
    hefisdohefisdo Member Posts: 709 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    frishter wrote: »

Even because lockboxes are very different about programming in comparison to chests.
    (´・ ω ・`)
  • Options
    silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    frishter wrote: »

Wouldn't that be awesome?
    I aim to misbehave
  • Options
    magiquepursemagiquepurse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Of course is not WAI lol. Even a kid would understand this. It's a mechanic that favors the player significantly, and because of the VERY VERY low drop rate of desired item, is extremely bad for the Zen store.

I have personally did not use a SINGLE key in about 150 skirmish/dungeon runs. Nothing there that I wanted.

So you think this is WAI? lol.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Of course is not WAI lol. Even a kid would understand this. It's a mechanic that favors the player significantly, and because of the VERY VERY low drop rate of desired item, is extremely bad for the Zen store.

I have personally did not use a SINGLE key in about 150 skirmish/dungeon runs. Nothing there that I wanted.

So you think this is WAI? lol.

Please read my 2 posts at the beginning of this thread, already explained there
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    silence1x wrote: »
    Wouldn't that be awesome?

Indeed it would. Floating disk for 60k AD. Yes plz.
  • Options
    str8slayerstr8slayer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 715 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    Obviously it's intended otherwise NOBODY with any reasonable sense would be opening that chest. (or buying the keys)

Yeah, I want to spend 300 zen for 5 rank 5 dragon enchants, 5 ID scrolls and 3 gold, NOT...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Can't you also do this with the sharandar keys?
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Can't you also do this with the sharandar keys?

It was the case that Sharandar lairs had no exit portal unless you looted the chest, if you had a key. If you didn't want to loot the chest, you had to abort the instance or run back to the door.

I don't know if this was changed at some point.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Since here is no official answer by now, I like to ask again for a confirmation whether it is working as intended or not. Thanks.
  • Options
    doriangreighdoriangreigh Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 707 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Can someone tell me why on earth you people would care or complain about this? I mean really, its saving you from running dailies for a key until you actually use it to claim an item. Call me crazy but if i'm NOT mistaken the dungeon delve keys work the same way.

Calling this an exploit is like calling a boss drop an exploit because it dropped BoE gear ... seriously the chests give mostly BoP gear (cept for crafting mats I believe) and having the option to NOT take it and save my key for another run is a REALLY nice thing. You people complaining about this seriously need a reality check. If you don't like it then spend your key on the **** chest wastefully and grind out for another one. I personally will keep my keys for loot in chests I actually want and save myself a day or three of grinding keys since its about every three days I get something I want.
  • Options
    rlrobrrlrobr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Why would it have a option to refuse the loot if not to allow players to choose if they really want what's inside or not? No other chests have that option.
  • Options
    aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    If it's not intended, why would they go to all the trouble of putting a Decline button there? If they stop us from declining, it would be extremely stupid to ever buy a key, since that chest contains an enchant, a scroll and a few silver almost every time. Why on Toril would anyone pay for that?
  • Options
    velynnavelynna Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    zurimor wrote: »
    Since here is no official answer by now, I like to ask again for a confirmation whether it is working as intended or not. Thanks.

Why do you even care so much... if it's WAI, then good... if it isn't, then you're just going to make things more difficult for the player base by going on about it if they decided to fix it...

You're like that kid when the teacher forgets to give homework who raises their hand in class and asks if there's any homework...
  • Options
    samothrace22samothrace22 Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    What i want to know is with this new dungeon being so hard, why do the bosses drop nothing? occasionally the dragon drops something but its rare. The harder the dungeon is the less rewarding it becomes? Not to mention used all my playing time for these runs and got the same thing from regular chest as I did with arcane key, rank 5 and some jewelry
    ────────────────────────────
    SAMOTHRACE
    Trickster Rogue
    ────────────────────────────
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    aulduron wrote: »
    If it's not intended, why would they go to all the trouble of putting a Decline button there?

Because they'd have to specifically code the chest in order for it to not have the Decline button. It's built in to the chest interface.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    magiquepursemagiquepurse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    What i want to know is with this new dungeon being so hard, why do the bosses drop nothing? occasionally the dragon drops something but its rare. The harder the dungeon is the less rewarding it becomes? Not to mention used all my playing time for these runs and got the same thing from regular chest as I did with arcane key, rank 5 and some jewelry

The dungeon is easy and the bosses will drop stuff next patch.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    That you can decline the chest doesn't have to mean that the key shouldn't be consumed, can as well be meant as a feature to not fill your inventory with stuff you don't want.
    And I just want to know it for myself how it is supposed to work. Nothing wrong with this, is it?