test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Kicking players out of party

naturalnanaturalna Member Posts: 12 Arc User
edited September 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Can anyone tell me what can i do if i get kicked out of a party? Today i was doing Shores of tuern and we got purple drop from killing mobs and i got immediately kicked after that. So what am i supposed to do about that? or is it normal practic to kick players and get the drop for yourself?
Post edited by naturalna on

Comments

• Options
    mircalla83mircalla83 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 36
    edited September 2014
    Yes, sadly. The game allows a minority to kick. Even our Community Manager, Akromatik, has once been votekicked during a Livestream.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    naturalna wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me what can i do if i get kicked out of a party? Today i was doing Shores of tuern and we got purple drop from killing mobs and i got immediately kicked after that. So what am i supposed to do about that? or is it normal practic to kick players and get the drop for yourself?

Sadly, this behavior isn't technically against the rules. Don't get me wrong, I despise people who act like this. You can submit a GM report, to see if they can help you.

I sincerely hope the devs see all the outcry and implement some sort of protection against this kind of behavior...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    str8slayerstr8slayer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 715 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    Requiring a majority to kick would be a good start, the game considers 2 a majority because only 4 party members get to vote. Requiring 3 would be good but a unanimous decision would be best, I think.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    lathendrillathendril Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I reported this kind of people at least thrice. They even told me in the chat i forced upon them, that they did it just to ruin my game and even insulted my further afterwards. Never ever did i get a message from the game support that they took notice and took measures against those people.
    I just received a mail in which they asked if i was satisfied with the game support in this specific case.....what game support i asked myself.
    I am very dissapointed by this.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    lathendril wrote: »
    I reported this kind of people at least thrice. They even told me in the chat i forced upon them, that they did it just to ruin my game and even insulted my further afterwards. Never ever did i get a message from the game support that they took notice and took measures against those people.
    I just received a mail in which they asked if i was satisfied with the game support in this specific case.....what game support i asked myself.
    I am very dissapointed by this.

Well, in their defense, they won't tell you what actions they take against the person you reported. Still, it'd be nice to see some sort of official response on the matter.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    rezielereziele Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 66
    edited September 2014
    bioshrike wrote: »
    Well, in their defense, they won't tell you what actions they take against the person you reported. Still, it'd be nice to see some sort of official response on the matter.

I did report to the support as well, with pics as proof, and this is the same auto response from support that I had got back then. The guys belonged to same guild and vote kicked the other guys to let more of their guildies in and when we killed the boss as soon as the epic dropped they kicked me as well. Taught me a lesson not to bother with some guilds group.
    Support wont help you with the issue, I have been watching them run loose for months now. They investigate nothing its just an auto response that you get in almost any kind of support you ask for.
    ~We need more PvP types. Tired of Dominations!~
  • Options
    damnataanimusdamnataanimus Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    reziele wrote: »
    I did report to the support as well, with pics as proof, and this is the same auto response from support that I had got back then. The guys belonged to same guild and vote kicked the other guys to let more of their guildies in and when we killed the boss as soon as the epic dropped they kicked me as well. Taught me a lesson not to bother with some guilds group.
    Support wont help you with the issue, I have been watching them run loose for months now. They investigate nothing its just an auto response that you get in almost any kind of support you ask for.

Some guilds. I will never vote kick people if I am doing a guild group and this happens. Its pure bullfeaces :p

But to say all guilds will do this is wrong. Its mostly the guilds that are full of themselves, and think they are awesome. Idc how good you are at the game, theres no reason to be an <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
    May the RNG Gods smile on you today!
    Adorable Temptress - 23.4k Temptation SW
    Mara Angelbane - 22k Thaum CW, Vaya Con Dios 15.2k Dragon CW.
    Mara Shadowskiss - 21.5k Destroyer GWF, Mara - 17.2k Sentinel GWF
    Mara Duskwalker - 15.4k Healing DC
    Mara Hawkeye -14.6k HR
    Mara Spiritforge - 16.9k Tanky GF
    Bad Religion - 14.7k Pew Pew DC
    Mara Shadowstouch,Maara - TR's
  • Options
    championshewolfchampionshewolf Member Posts: 601 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Yea, so far I got kicked out of two runs in my gaming life in Neverwinter so far on my SW. Today was the first time since I first started epics, and it was a normal shores run. Sad someone was that desperate for a POS epic from normal Tuern if that was why I got kicked. Otherwise, I have no idea then, because I was leading damage and healing done and no one had died that run so only thing I can think of.
  • Options
    daalydaaly Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Yea, so far I got kicked out of two runs in my gaming life in Neverwinter so far on my SW. Today was the first time since I first started epics, and it was a normal shores run. Sad someone was that desperate for a POS epic from normal Tuern if that was why I got kicked. Otherwise, I have no idea then, because I was leading damage and healing done and no one had died that run so only thing I can think of.

This is partly driven by the poor design of the grouping system. Not sure why a group can not specifically invite a particular player to come in to the zone after someone leaves at somepoint in the zone. Basically the group is at the mercy of the queue system (which you see alot of players being kicked until that right specific class or person gets slotted in). Fixing this would be a good first step however even with that change it wouldnt address the issue of being kicked from a group so that the player, players left can divide up the spoils....a relook on the vote system is a good first step but ultimately its the community that would need to address this in some form but even than the options aside from shaming those in particular are just too weak. And I've had this done to me I don't know how many times in a GG group.
  • Options
    jarecord03jarecord03 Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    str8slayer wrote: »
    Requiring a majority to kick would be a good start, the game considers 2 a majority because only 4 party members get to vote. Requiring 3 would be good but a unanimous decision would be best, I think.

Yes, i agree, though i would change to requiring 3 on the logic that the person being voted out gets a vote but is assumed to be for not getting kicked and automatically counted as such. 5 votes means 3 for a majority. Also a tie (2 out of 4) is still not technically a majority - its a tie, a 'majority' would be more than half (3 out of 4).

Counting the abuse factor, that's three reasons to change this.

--Dhenn Silverlight, of the Drake, Dwarf Dragonborn, Master of Flame.
    There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.
  • Options
    abishai3705abishai3705 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 40
    edited September 2014
    My suggestion is to build up your friends tab some or join a guild yourself. Sometimes it is tough to find the right guild, but they're out there! As for friends list, I "friend" likeminded people that I am lucky to run with. (I have had my share of bad groups) If you hit 'O' in game it will bring up your friends list and you can write a note on each guy so you can keep track of where/ how you met them. I write things like, "CN run with Warlock, awesome at add control"
    Friends list is kinda like having extra guild members. Plus there is communities out there that you can lean on. PM me if you want more details.
    Abishai the Blessed - 60 Sun Elf DC
    Shazaam - 60 Tiefling CW
    Link - 60 Menzoberranzan Renegade (Drow) HR
    Naruto - 60 Half-Orc TR
    Moose - 60 Human GWF
    T-Wrecks 60 Half-Orc GF
    Drag King - 60 Dragonborn SW
  • Options
    xenotorchxenotorch Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Wouldn't a simple fix be no kicks after you enter a end boss fight?
  • Options
    abishai3705abishai3705 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 40
    edited September 2014
    xenotorch wrote: »
    Wouldn't a simple fix be no kicks after you enter a end boss fight?

yes. It has been suggested. (fingers crossed)
    In the mean time try to run with people you can trust. :)
    Shazaam - 60 Tiefling CW
    Naruto - 60 Half-Orc TR
    Moose - 60 Human GWF
    T-Wrecks 60 Half-Orc GF
  • Options
    djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Working as intended, the game is designed for players to meet new players and make friends, most player want to meet new friends/players after running a dungeon/event for an hour, so they kick the players they have already met and invite new ones. right?
  • Options
    refracted0dawnrefracted0dawn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 894 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Maybe it was a GREEEEEEDDDD!!!!!! run and you clicked NEED.
  • Options
    jrfbrunetjrfbrunet Member Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Yep, the option to set the party/run to GREED only is missing.
    The requirement of 4 votes to kick is missing.
    The option of inviting people into the queue at any point is missing.
    The option of leaving instance, buying epic dungeon key, and going back to a working chest is missing.

Not so much the players' fault as it is the game system's lack of useful functionality.
    Where'd my blinky-blinky path go?
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    jrfbrunet wrote: »
    The option of leaving instance, buying epic dungeon key, and going back to a working chest is missing.

Uh, this one is wrong. If you click the diamond on your toolbar at the top you can buy a chest key from the wondrous bazaar. Do it all the time when I forget to buy a key and I feel like gambling on the junk in the chest.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Uh, this one is wrong. If you click the diamond on your toolbar at the top you can buy a chest key from the wondrous bazaar. Do it all the time when I forget to buy a key and I feel like gambling on the junk in the chest.

Just have to purchase it BEFORE you start the last boss.
    Shazaam - 60 Tiefling CW
    Naruto - 60 Half-Orc TR
    Moose - 60 Human GWF
    T-Wrecks 60 Half-Orc GF
  • Options
    tinukedatinukeda Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    jrfbrunet wrote: »
    The requirement of 4 votes to kick is missing.

Unless, of course, there are only 4 members left in the party.

A better model would be: initial voter and the votee do not vote and there must be a majority of the remaining players (also change 'abstain' votes to 'no' votes). Also, remove starting a vote if anyone is in combat mode.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Just have to purchase it BEFORE you start the last boss.

Well unless something changed the last time I bought mine after doing the last boss and was able to open the chest. And I am fairly certain it was DD time either.
  • Options
    galahad01galahad01 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Hello All,

I had and still have on occasion the mis-fortune of finding groups that I get kicked and I am 1 of those individuals that feel that this vote/kick system has to go, period.

The way I look at it, if you get excepted to a group via LFG and your in that group waiting for others to join the que, and then after such time the group enters the dungeon, then there should be no vote/kicking after you enter, as there was lots of time to either drop the person, or just not except them to the group in the first place.

The only thing that should be allowed would be to vote/kick an individual that has been DC'd and then only after approx. 5 min. other then that there should be, ******** NO KICKING AFTER ENTERING THE DUNGEON *********.

For cripes sake, LFG are always anal about GS, you practically have to fill out a resume when trying to find a group, so there should be no reason what so ever that a person gets kicked after entering a dungeon.

And another thing that should be visible is what LOOT mode the group leader chose because I have been in groups that it was specified, and I seen with my own eyes that 1-2 people seemed to get the rolls the most of the times. If they are that lucky ( Which I find very suspicious at times ) they should be playing the lottery, not NWO.

Anyway that's my 2 AD,

Cheers! W.W.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

" May The Wind be Always At Your Back "
  • Options
    criss11criss11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    i was kicked too ,once from idris and once from karundax ,i'm agree that this kick option must be removed , but,
    this kicking system was not in early stage of the game, open beta or later, and we (players) had problems getting out randomly from party, or out right before enter to an instance , or rejected from queue while switching maps, the party system was soo bugged .
    Kicking system is good for disconnected people ,even if many are coming back from a game crash a bit later or for lazy afkers .
    But still this system it's a "dangerous" weapon against those innocent unlucky players ,even with low GS.
    Yes once i was witness to kick someone from a t1 or t2 (8300) dungeon just because an inspection has started before dungeon run and that player had 8.9k gear score. I didnt agreed but sometimes as not leader party the kick vote doesn't or it didnt matter.

Best is to do a guild run but if the guild is to small, or not many active people at that time then the Only thing is to hope when u join to a queue (do not join parties from LFGroup ,many are setup parties between friends and thats how i was kicked from boss roll - 2 times searched for party in lfg and both times kicked) to be the leader party and don't agree to even think to start a kick without a solid reason (disconnected party member) or a warning (to much time afk or a fake afk to avoid those 15 minutes to be rejected by the game).

Sometimes if i join to late and im not the party leader , i mean close to the boss, then something is wrong in that party and perhaps someone got already kicked , so i leave the party before to make 1 step in that dungeon. (did it in malabog)

When im party leader i tell them that everyone is free to roll as they wish, everyone deserves a chance for that hard work and time spent , and there will be no kicks in this party without a solid reason. If someone doesnt like how the party will roll greed or need, better leave it from start by yourself.

It is really hard to decide , like 50-50 to be removed this kick option or to keep it.
    open beta player of some PWE games - north america launched versions:
    - PWI - November, 2008 (2 months after North-America-West Coast open beta)
    - Forsaken World - open beta
    - BOI - open beta
    - Star Trek Online - ftp January, 2012 and rank 14 STO Wiki contributor
    - Neverwinter open beta June, 2013

Daily Foundry "Canyon of the Dead" ( NW-DBPJYKMRE ) - dungeon
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    If you believe you were kicked due to abuse or malicious intent, please file a Support Ticket and be as specific as possible, including date and time of incident(s) and the @handles of those involved. If you only know one @handle, file it as Behavior in-game (ESCAPE > Help > Request GM Help > Behavior).

If there is a pattern of repeat abuse of this feature, Support will take action but due to our privacy policy, they won't be able to say anything more than acknowledging your report.

The forums are not the place to discuss or report bad behavior, so this topic must be closed.

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
This discussion has been closed.