test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why are epic dungeons GS so low

2»

Comments

• emt27emt27 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Thanks for all the great info.. Dread Vault T1 is so easy that I thought I could do epic... but have stayed away since that epic fail

I have started gathering High Prophet gear, read guide listed above (huge), modified some more powers, and saving up for a stone... hoping for another run in a few months, but until then will stay with lower T1 runs

Still think something should be done about requirments... way too depressing to spend all that time and fail... 8.3 GS requirment is misleading
    Say something relavant or hold your tongue
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    chrcore wrote: »
    Yes experience is important, but the problem with ToS and the first boss in Karrundex for a low GS group is that it is a DPS check. No amount of experience is going to overcome the fact that the boss in ToS heals faster than a group with a sub 9000 GS and no enchants can dish out. The same holds true for the first boss in Karrundex. While much more doable at 9K than ToS, I'd say it would take an extremely experienced group most likely with at least lesser enchants to take her out before all the adds get you or the tank if you are using one.

Not sure about ToS but I managed to get a near min GS party through Karru as a GF before. Extremely tough and we had some luck, but it is (or was) doable.

I do agree that the final ToS boss is probably the closest thing to a pure DPS check in Tier 1/2 though.
  • generaldiomedesgeneraldiomedes Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Just do the 'proper' sequence of Epics (T1 -> gear up -> T2 -> gear up -> T2.5). Not sure why you decided to jump straight into Dread Vault, and then complain on the forums without apparently doing any reading. Most Epics are NOT that difficult.
  • query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    charononus wrote: »
    Yeah I'm just a firm believer that you can and should start with advice and explainations right away as you go along. If the person needs to fail first to see that you do know what you're talking with after joining up, is that really a person you want to have along?

I always sor tof considered those fails to be a teaching moment. After giving the rest of the party a few minutes sitting around a campfire watching you dodge around a final boss then /killme. When you get back and say, "Can we talk about tactics for a moment?" your words suddenly have a certain degree of Veritas....
  • emt27emt27 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Just do the 'proper' sequence of Epics (T1 -> gear up -> T2 -> gear up -> T2.5). Not sure why you decided to jump straight into Dread Vault, and then complain on the forums without apparently doing any reading. Most Epics are NOT that difficult.

Well that's easy.. because I was way above DD epic 8.3 gs requirement and did the doing normal DD was easy... and never tried an epic before... don't really see the shocker here.. but perhaps since others may have been playing a while, some may not see it that way.

But still may statement stands that the low gs criteria is misleading...
    Say something relavant or hold your tongue
  • mircalla83mircalla83 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 36
    edited September 2014
    The Elitism is strong in this thread....

And with this line, consider the following: Technically, at this point, we aren't supposed to be decked out in R7 or more, and we were never supposed to run decked out with 3 Artifacts either. But due to rampant botting ('Cheap Refine Points' sold by the RMT companies, purchased by the players, for AD) and widespread exploiting (Caturday, pulling up the Pre-Mod2-Refine System with a keyboard command, the recent '40-60k refined AD out of thin air every 5 seconds' exploit, which technically might have been possible since Mod2 Release, so for two thirds of the games' current lifetime), people got funds too fast, which got used to buy from auctions put up by RMT companies and 'Fuse 4' Exploiters, for 'cheap enchants and Refine Points'.

Also, what has been said earlier. You try a dungeon, run against a wall over and over again, and get generic garbage loot. Even the 'Seal' gear which, with patience, can be aquired this way, is subpar, since it is hardlocked into ONE variant of the sets, one cannot get a slightly weaker (and non-set) loadout of the proper T1/T2 Sets this way.
    The Secret World did this better, the bosses only ever dropped dungeon themed purples (each boss a different one, sure) in nightmare mode, but EVERY boss there dropped tokens for a vendor which traded those tokens for upgradeable purple gear, which also was better to customize. The Entrance to those dungeons was a 'can enter once a day per dungeon', and the usual 'Daily Farming' Run was called '18s' - called this way because you were doing 3 specific instances with 6 bosses. The Dungeons quite Trash-Free, too, the trick was more on the bosses, there were skills you HAD to interrupt, and others you had to let through, or the bosses would be immune to interrupts after 3 had been used in a certain timeframe. You actually had bosses where you had to disengage and hide from them during some phases, or they would first CC you, then nuke you. Also: In Hell Rising, the Tank always has right of way. If you see the Tank running towards you, it has a reason - and you better ditch your 'omg perfect rotation', waste all your selfbuffs, and get OUT.
    If someone wants to watch them, Youtube, search for The Secret World, Nightmare, and then Polaris, Darkness War, or Hell Rising. Those are the dungeon names. Sometimes, you also added Hell Eternal , the dungeon run was called '24s' then.