test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

what quest artifact for sw?

nevawinnanevawinna Member Posts: 422 Arc User
edited September 2014 in The Nine Hells
What's the best artifact choice for scourge warlock among the 3 quest rewards?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    nevawinnanevawinna Member Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    No opinions?
  • Options
    tupac509tupac509 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    i started with the healing one due to, it heals u in pinched areas, like boss fights, and also it gives u crit and recovery right?
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Waters sounds useless for a SW less you want to do serious pvp. Stacking life steal is so effortless and way better anyway. Better just for lantern and buff your DPS a little.

Probably use devoted cleric artifact for pvp anyway....
  • Options
    alkemist80alkemist80 Member Posts: 957 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I took waters only for the recovery stat and don't use it as my main artifact.. I have the DC, CW, SW, TR ones unlocked. I used the DC one since level 5..

If you don't have any class artifacts yet, I'd go with the lantern.
    Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg
  • Options
    brishenbrishen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I keep hearing people talking about 'the devoted cleric artifact' in multiple threads...what is it/how does one get it/do all classes have a class-specific artifact?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    brishen wrote: »
    I keep hearing people talking about 'the devoted cleric artifact' in multiple threads...what is it/how does one get it/do all classes have a class-specific artifact?

You have to get 2 classes to level 60 and unlock IWD on both. Then each toon will have a quest to unlock their "class" artifact which can then be claimed by all toons on the account. Any future toons can then go straight to IWD and do the quest to unlock their respective class artifact.
    Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg
  • Options
    mrhinkypunkmrhinkypunk Member Posts: 1,608 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Waters is nice for PvP, but yeah the devoted cleric one is rather... OP <_< (If you have a DC with dread and shar on 3 boons)

However I ended up also getting lantern to put in a secondary slot because of the things it gives and combat advantage is pretty nice when you have combat advantage 24/7.
  • Options
    kithliskithlis Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    alkemist80 wrote: »
    Any future toons can then go straight to IWD and do the quest to unlock their respective class artifact.

Is this true? I have IWD unlocked on TR and CW, but my DC still gets the restricted message from the first IWD quest guy that he needs "10k GS, and tier-3 boon from Shar or Dread" (I only have 1 boon on the DC).
    I guess I haven't tried skipping him and going straight to the zone... but I hadn't heard of the "unlock IWD on two and the rest get in free" - any confirmation?

Edit - To clarify, I do know the alts can get the Artifacts of the toons that already unlocked IWD... I am just curious if the alts can also get into IWD.
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I'd go with Waters if you are looking to PvP, and Lantern if you want PvE/PvP.

Just my 2 koku... ;)
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    PS - The BEST Artifact, over all, is the Sigil of the Devoted. The DC Class Artifact... So **** good! :D
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    championshewolfchampionshewolf Member Posts: 601 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    PS - The BEST Artifact, over all, is the Sigil of the Devoted. The DC Class Artifact... So **** good! :D

It will only be that good at least until the whining gets TT nerfed anyways.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    kithlis wrote: »
    Edit - To clarify, I do know the alts can get the Artifacts of the toons that already unlocked IWD... I am just curious if the alts can also get into IWD.

Sorry, I meant to say that the quest will be unlocked for alts. Every toon will still need the GS requirement and boons to get to IWD.

werewolf.jpg
  • Options
    brishenbrishen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    alkemist80 wrote: »
    You have to get 2 classes to level 60 and unlock IWD on both. Then each toon will have a quest to unlock their "class" artifact which can then be claimed by all toons on the account. Any future toons can then go straight to IWD and do the quest to unlock their respective class artifact.

Ah, thanks! I do have 2 60s, but neither has unlocked IWD yet. Good to know.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    demonkyuubidemonkyuubi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014

now how many will actually lvl a cleric to 60 and grind camps to unlock icewind dale to join us? :P
  • Options
    championshewolfchampionshewolf Member Posts: 601 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    now how many will actually lvl a cleric to 60 and grind camps to unlock icewind dale to join us? :P

I actually have a level 60 cleric I am just not sure if I want to do anymore grinding to unlock IWD with her.
  • Options
    rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I took the Lantern with my SW, but that is more because I am using the Great Weapon Artifact. I have all of the class artifacts on her, but just leveling the GWF one right now. And my main DC finished all the boons in IWD, just never got the BI mainhand.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited September 2014

I'm taking a Waters from the quest specifically so I can refine it up and then dump it straight into a Sigil of the Devoted next weekend. Easy decision. I have access to better artifacts, so I'm ok with the quest one becoming pure fodder.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    sjcayesjcaye Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I'd disagree with the Waters for PVP idea. If you're going to PVP, you'll want the crystal skull artifact (from glory) instead, so the Waters will only be a mediocre hold over until you get that.

I took the lantern for the Critical Strike mod.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    I did in July, and it's been 100% worth it thus far. :)
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    sexwax45sexwax45 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I got the catalogue (so i can sell stuff anywhere) as i have the dragon one HR and GWF... More Power!