test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Post 60 EXP rewards

xatriuxatriu Member Posts: 88 Arc User
edited September 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
First off, i'd like to say I do enjoy this game, but sometimes I do get hit with major WTF moments. I can deal with most of em though, its a free to play game after all, and I don't expect any "free handouts" sort to speak. But today, I am going to say : Seriously Cryptic/PWE?!

What happened you may wonder? Well i got a bonus level. Its my third in a row without being awarded a power point, something I was hoping I would get this time around. So what exactly did I receive for a reward? I was "rewarded" with 5x RANK 3(!!!) Enchantments! Now who in the burning hells decided that this was a valid reward?! I would really like to know.

This so called "reward" is bested by things you get regularly in the open world, such as profession nodes, chests, drops from normal monsters and so on and so forth.

In short, what I got today was nothing but a slap in the face, what i got today was the impression of the developers laughing in my face, what I got today was down and right a blow below the belt. It was quite a sickening experience.

As stated earlier, I don't expect free handouts, but this has gotta be the most pathetic excuse for a "reward" that I've come across throughout my 17 years of playing MMO's regularly. You guys seriously hit a new kind of low with this one.

Don't call something a reward if it's not going to be one, don't touch ideas like this.. Rank 3 enchantments are not a reward! I'm going to repeat that one more time. Rank 3 enchantments are not a reward! And I'll also add that neither are rank 4 enchantments.

Thank you for reading.
Post edited by xatriu on

Comments

• Options
    abishai3705abishai3705 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 40
    edited September 2014
    It's more than you used to get past level 60. It may be a bit dissapointing to get the occasional peridot "reward" or 3X rank 3's but it is like any drop you get in the game, sometimes you hit payday and sometimes you get nothing. The reality is you didn't have to do ANY extra work to get the enchantment. In my eyes, that is a bonus reward no matter how small it is.
    I have see WAY worse WTF moments than this!
    Abishai the Blessed - 60 Sun Elf DC
    Shazaam - 60 Tiefling CW
    Link - 60 Menzoberranzan Renegade (Drow) HR
    Naruto - 60 Half-Orc TR
    Moose - 60 Human GWF
    T-Wrecks 60 Half-Orc GF
    Drag King - 60 Dragonborn SW
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    This is what you call a "slap in the face"?

They're random. You used to get nothing. Now sometimes you randomly get something good, and sometimes you get a teensy weensy bit of refinement fodder. Eventually you will have all your powers maxed out if you keep playing long enough, and then you will *never* be able to get a power point again.

There's no point in grinding for post-60 level rewards, because it's mostly going to be a peridot. But you're getting XP from doing campaigns anyway, so the fact that you get anything at all is better than it used to be.

Much worse things have been done than not giving you something uber-spectacular every time you fill up the XP bucket due to stuff you were going to do anyway.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    While it is kind of stupid to get rubbish rewards, as others have said, it's better to get something than the nothing we used to have. And it's way better than the 5x cost increase of lessers and 4x increase of normal regular enchantments eg fey blessings. Also it being free2play does not give it any excuse. They made that business decision to make money, not because they're generous people wanting to give to gamers. If something is messed up. It deserves criticism just the same.
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Nonetheless, power points are not guaranteed with any EXP reward. You may get one, you may not, and you are only allowed up to 20 via this method. Other rewards are player and companion EXP books (which if I recall are BtA so they may be transferred to another character on your account), a small amount of rAD (5,000) or other rewards which I cannot remember at this time.

That being said, I'll allow this discussion so long as it does not devolve into flaming the company. Feedback is fine but please do keep it constructive, as per the Rules of Conduct, specifically rule 3.15 and section I.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    mrgiggles651mrgiggles651 Member Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    As someone pointed out, you can get 20 power points this way, and that means you can max every power.
    I wasted five million AD promoting the Foundry.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Only allowed up to 20 is because then all your powers are maxed out so it would be silly for the game to keep awarding them.

XP books are account-bound and can be transferred.

Rewards I can recall:
    6 random rank 3s
    3 random rank 4s
    peridot
    aquamarine
    5k rough AD
    random enchantment shard (any of the originals, not Sharandar ones iirc)
    XP tomes (2 companion and 1 player?)

Any of these rewards may also come with a power point. I don't think you ever get the power point by itself, so it's in addition to the other random reward.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    nwaurionnwaurion Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 39
    edited September 2014
    I wouldn't use those power points if you don't need them, you never know when they suddenly change powers or evenremove/introduce new ones..without a power reset.
  • Options
    chrcorechrcore Member Posts: 329 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    Nonetheless, power points are not guaranteed with any EXP reward. You may get one, you may not, and you are only allowed up to 20 via this method. Other rewards are player and companion EXP books (which if I recall are BtA so they may be transferred to another character on your account), a small amount of rAD (5,000) or other rewards which I cannot remember at this time.

That being said, I'll allow this discussion so long as it does not devolve into flaming the company. Feedback is fine but please do keep it constructive, as per the Rules of Conduct, specifically rule 3.15 and section I.

What he is saying is "rank 3" enchants are not in the same league as the other rewards. Why would someone put that in the loot table for the post 60 advancement. No one that is level 60 has a use for rank 3 enchants. The other awards are 5000AD, a random enchantment fragment, rank 4 enchants, Peridots.
  • Options
    chaoscourtesanchaoscourtesan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    They absolutely decreased power points as a reward. I don't like that they did it, but whatever. I finally got one today. I was enjoying filling in the little radio buttons. XD

Anyway, I'll take whatever comes out of it, and say thank ya.
    Rhyon Cawdorian GWF | Opa Loka TR | Cormac Argentus III DC | Annika Thornblade GF | Aerys Skydark HR | Bartin Findlor TR | Aellia Baalthrall CW | Lucan Hawkmoon CW | Opa Brahk GWF | Korzbyrk DC | Den Kruk GWF | Jherek Skarsin CW |
    Roland Mac Sheonin GF | Tarron Direheart SW |
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    They absolutely decreased power points as a reward.

I have no clue how anyone could be sure of this, considering that it's random, but I might manage to fill the XP bucket on a character every couple of weeks so whatever.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    edited September 2014
    I have no clue how anyone could be sure of this, considering that it's random, but I might manage to fill the XP bucket on a character every couple of weeks so whatever.

Because I have 14 chars each with a rank 7 azure in every util slot, who have been grinding it with purpose since they released it. I was keeping track, as getting all powers enabled is a goal of mine. (Some people collect costumes, titles, and pets.. I care nothing for collecting those things.) At minimum, prior to Mod 4, I was getting one every 3 turn-overs, on every character.

I've turned every character over at least twice since mod4 came out and have received 1.

Is it possible that I am wrong? Sure.. But it would be a huge and broad, amazing coincidence of ill-fortune.
    I fill the xp bucket about every two to three days.

Edit: aww just forget I said anything. I didn't come here to argue. (Not directed at anyone in particular, but I can see people want to disagree.. whatever.)
    Rhyon Cawdorian GWF | Opa Loka TR | Cormac Argentus III DC | Annika Thornblade GF | Aerys Skydark HR | Bartin Findlor TR | Aellia Baalthrall CW | Lucan Hawkmoon CW | Opa Brahk GWF | Korzbyrk DC | Den Kruk GWF | Jherek Skarsin CW |
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    See, now you're backing up your statement by giving the full facts, and I was saying that I didn't have nearly enough data to make any conclusions of my own. I do sometimes get the impression that they've managed to implement some kind of diminishing returns though, where the game weighs the likelihood of you getting a power point by how recently you got one, so I might get proportionately more as a result of not purposely grinding for them. But that might also just be some BS that's all in my mind.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    edited September 2014
    Well, apologies if I came across as peeved, Becky. I did feel a little like what I was saying was being dismissed as another RNG whine.

It was just an observation. I would have started my own thread if I took actual issue with it. =)

Truth to tell- when they started this, and I saw how fast my power selections were getting filled in.. I was like 'I can't believe they are allowing this! What swell guys!' hahaha

I would have released it at a lower rate than they initially did myself.. but I would have also set expectations by saying something like.. 'And if you are REALLY lucky, you may find yourself rewarded with an additional power point to distribute!'

Cuz while I am always happy to get extra AD, I would be more than happy to trade a stack of peridots, r4 enchants, tomes of xp and 5K AD bonuses for a power point.. XD

EDIT- Oh.. I neglected to mention.. since mod4, more than anything, I have been getting roughly an equal mix of enchantment shards and 5K AD bonuses. Probably most players would prefer that!