What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Account Server Maintenance and Astral Diamond Exchange

2»

Comments

• adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    nerosolis wrote: »
    I'm thinking of the banned players or the ones that have taken a break/stop playing the game. Bound to have a sizable chunk of orders not coming back after the reset.

That would only be players who have been banned or stopped in the last 2 weeks ... all older orders have been filled.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • zshikarazshikara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    ulviel wrote: »
    how exactly?
    Not to mention there is nothing wrong with becoming rich by legal means. Geez, why so many people think all wealthy people had to cheat/exploit to get money, or even if they didn't, that they are evil only because they have it?

Because if you have more than I do you're a cheater and a dirty lieing thief. If you have less than I do then you're a {new player} and a scrub.

I don't agree with this sentimentality, but it does seem to be rather prevalent in MMOs everywhere.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Join the legit channel by visiting http://goo.gl/1zfnTS to apply!
    Performing ritual pony sacrifices to Tiamat to earn favor with the RNG Gods since 2014.
  • lihin23nihillihin23nihil Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Highly unusual I'd agree.

Could it be they are going to be fiddling with the 500 AD:Zen exchange rate cap?

Anyway, very annoying to lose orders that have been queuing for a while now - but it's their server and they will do as they please, we just play here.
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Highly unusual I'd agree.

Could it be they are going to be fiddling with the 500 AD:Zen exchange rate cap?

Anyway, very annoying to lose orders that have been queuing for a while now - but it's their server and they will do as they please, we just play here.

Anything's possible.
  • mrgiggles651mrgiggles651 Member Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I withdrew all my offers and put the AD back on my toons, I suggest others do as well. Just in case this becomes "we're sorry but we deleted all the AD in the zax".

Also I invoked.
    I wasted five million AD promoting the Foundry.
  • mircalla83mircalla83 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 36
    edited September 2014
    The 'not telling why they return the orders' might also be a way to catch the players with lower morals. Instead of allowing them to dump their AD into something else quickly, and hide/launder it in assets, they kick them from the ZAX, and then swipe all of the AD. However, in that case, alerting them of any fiddling with it might not have been the wisest decision.
  • harkurharkur Member Posts: 305 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    charononus wrote: »
    Akro, it sounds like you are trying to make the ZAX reset sound normal. However I can't imagine that it is. It's related to the backlog and an attempt to reduce it. The reason I say this is that STO is going down at the same time for maint, and their ZAX is not getting reset. Since accounts are shared between all games your statement seems (hopefully) unintentionally misleading. Call things what they are and be brutally honest with us. I think in the end most of us would appreciate that more than what seems to be public relations speak.

Charononus, I could not agree with you more. While we have no "right" to hear the reasoning or goals behind actions like this, expecting to hear it is certainly reasonable.
  • iceflow2iceflow2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    When are you going to allow the 98% of your players to do instant ad to zen again??? It isn't our fault you had a security breach and frankly this waiting weeks is nonsense. It is a way around the breach but not a solution to it by far.You could install I.P. trackers on it and catch the theives fairily easily. There are program most free utilities that work in the framework to do just this. I had them as I worked in US Govt IT Security testing government websites for weaknesses and preparing code to correct. I programmed on this format pre-brain injury and just do not know what your problem is with the zen market. I want this game to live and handcuffing new players like this is hard and wrong. Anyone who does dailies to get 24k ad a day and works hard should be able to transfer to zen to buy things in zen market.
    Hope the game survives. Best interface I have played in 20+ years.
  • abishai3705abishai3705 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 40
    edited September 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    Yeah that is a problem but maybe they have been active in tracking down alts that were being used to store AD from the resonator thing and banning them , probably more a hope than anything else but you never know , guess we will find out when we see how far the backlog rises over the weekend.

I highly doubt they spent the time to track alts down if their original solution was a blanket ban. They simply do not have the resources to spend time chasing rainbows. Time is better spent creating solutions to the problem and preventing the behaviors then chasing down every last AD involved. Trust me, They got plenty of AD out of the market with the bans.
    Abishai the Blessed - 60 Sun Elf DC
    Shazaam - 60 Tiefling CW
    Link - 60 Menzoberranzan Renegade (Drow) HR
    Naruto - 60 Half-Orc TR
    Moose - 60 Human GWF
    T-Wrecks 60 Half-Orc GF
    Drag King - 60 Dragonborn SW
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Wow, up to 3 million ZEN requested by the time I logged in after patching.

As for:
    iceflow2 wrote: »
    When are you going to allow the 98% of your players to do instant ad to zen again??? It isn't our fault you had a security breach and frankly this waiting weeks is nonsense. It is a way around the breach but not a solution to it by far.You could install I.P. trackers on it and catch the theives fairily easily. There are program most free utilities that work in the framework to do just this. I had them as I worked in US Govt IT Security testing government websites for weaknesses and preparing code to correct. I programmed on this format pre-brain injury and just do not know what your problem is with the zen market. I want this game to live and handcuffing new players like this is hard and wrong. Anyone who does dailies to get 24k ad a day and works hard should be able to transfer to zen to buy things in zen market.
    Hope the game survives. Best interface I have played in 20+ years.

Err, anyone with 5 minutes Googling can get round an IP test unless you employ professionals to track them down. And really good luck if they use Gateway and use an encrypted browse system. Yes, I know they might have back-doors but I really doubt any non-Governmental agency would have access to this information.
  • xgrandz02xgrandz02 Member Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    This is actually a great idea!
    We should reset AD exchange/ZAX every thursday on server maintenance.
    I think this would really help the economy to be stable.
    Devs think about it,The Reset of ZAX give normal players a chance
    to buy Zen and not "only" available for Rich" Players whit millions on account.
    Pls give the normal/users (like me) a chance to get ZEN also.
    This would really help us and the economy ingame of course.
    <::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ●
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    xgrandz02 wrote: »

The Reset give normal player to have a chance to buy Zen,
    and not "only" for Rich" Players whit millions on account.

Everyone could buy Zen before, just like now....the average wait is probably just as long as before - the only thing that changed was that the queue got shuffled.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited September 2014

This would really help, Devs Please think about it.

Pls give normal/users (like me) a chance to get it also.

Blinks......... No it would just mean only those with access to play immediately when the server comes up could use the ZAX. This quite honestly is the worst idea I've read in a very long time.
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    edited September 2014

This would really help, Devs Please think about it.

Pls give normal/users (like me) a chance to get it also.

You will get it, it just takes time. Learn to wait in line. You are getting something for free that others paid for...

I'm against resetting it every Thursday, because while you say "Pls give normal/users (like me) a chance to get it also", what this would actually do is lock certain people out of EVER getting it. At least this way all you have to do is wait...it isn't a mad scramble to get back in line on Thursdays.
  • harkurharkur Member Posts: 305 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    charononus wrote: »
    Blinks......... No it would just mean only those with access to play immediately when the server comes up could use the ZAX. This quite honestly is the worst idea I've read in a very long time.

I agree, while you and I don't agree on many things, this is certainly one of them. This is an awful idea.