What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

SniperX’s Pathfinder PvP & Playstyle Guide

2»

Comments

• sandstorm777sandstorm777 Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    lotusbelle wrote: »
    I find it very viable for PvE, which aside from PvP matches is what the game is all about, Players vs Environment. Quests to do everywhere, fighting monsters and other mobs, with NPCs all around for companions and items or stores. You can solo most bosses on your own that don't require full PC parties to complete. A little tactic I use is Aimed Shot followed by Binding Arrow and Disruptive Shot to quickly dispatch 2 or 3 mobs instantly. Like Sandstorm777 said before, if you're good at timing and Dodge, you can solo. Excellent guide by the way Sand, I've been following it since I chose HR, my first and only character.
    I will post screen shots of my level 53 HR PF, Drow Elf, NightMaire in hopes of some advice and tweaking.

The question I have is, can you get weapon enhancements in game without having to buy Zen??

It is definitely possible, thanks for the kind words, what I would recommend doing is just doing dungeons and selling anything you don't need. Make that extra ad from salvage/ah and try to buy vorpal/plaguefire and go from there. Enchantments are hard, I would really recommend a soulforged first for your armor if you are mainly PvE. It's probably the most useful.
    edited August 2014
    I've been doing some testing in PvP and although it is too early to tell, I have a strong feeling my build is broken lol. I believe as hamlet said in the first reply, this build could be very viable come mod 4 and although I'm still testing, it seems like it has been a buff from the original.

Keep in mind, while many people ran combat, I always ran archery, combat took a bit of a hit and from my eyes archery got a huge buff. The amount of damage I'm able to put out is insane. I'm working on updating this guide, but for those of you that have used this from the start know that come mod4 this guide has only been buffed and is very, very much still viable.
  • thedemienthedemien Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    @sandstorm777
    Your build seem pretty good - potencially for new archery and maybe trapper. I've playing combat for long and still find it useless in pve - part of game I'd like to be in still alone with pvp. Of cource it all requires good testing and other stuff.
    And maybe cause i find new combat path borring too.
    I've done my testing on preview. Can not do it now on live yet for a week) I also run in combat profound so our playstile before was close while i was more into combat, regen ~1.6, defect ~2.2, defence ~ 2, Need to work on Crit and power. BTW why do you say that crit ~2.5 is good enought?

Some notes that I see now in build and possilbe fixed that may apply for build.

AofLf is now very required -deflect is out key not to survive.
    Serpent - now stacks less but seems to give more. Maybe very good for trapper.
    Cinstructive nerfed badly. so maybe swtich it to Boars? was working pretty good before as a combat -agains CWs especially. Boars hide, Mara, Boars run, Aimed/carefull/Mara.

Archery has been buffed good in raw damage but lost spamming part. So maybe trapper can be applied for spamming? What do you think?

Also quesiton about rolls - play to respect race. What would be you recomdations? I opened dragonborn ) So any good advice before I reroll would be great and appreciated.

Edit: I think going 12 con at start is a must now.
    edited August 2014
    thedemien wrote: »
    @sandstorm777
    Your build seem pretty good - potencially for new archery and maybe trapper. I've playing combat for long and still find it useless in pve - part of game I'd like to be in still alone with pvp. Of cource it all requires good testing and other stuff.
    And maybe cause i find new combat path borring too.
    I've done my testing on preview. Can not do it now on live yet for a week) I also run in combat profound so our playstile before was close while i was more into combat, regen ~1.6, defect ~2.2, defence ~ 2, Need to work on Crit and power. BTW why do you say that crit ~2.5 is good enought?

Some notes that I see now in build and possilbe fixed that may apply for build.

AofLf is now very required -deflect is out key not to survive.
    Serpent - now stacks less but seems to give more. Maybe very good for trapper.
    Cinstructive nerfed badly. so maybe swtich it to Boars? was working pretty good before as a combat -agains CWs especially. Boars hide, Mara, Boars run, Aimed/carefull/Mara.

Archery has been buffed good in raw damage but lost spamming part. So maybe trapper can be applied for spamming? What do you think?

Also quesiton about rolls - play to respect race. What would be you recomdations? I opened dragonborn ) So any good advice before I reroll would be great and appreciated.

Edit: I think going 12 con at start is a must now.

I'll try to answer and give you some advice the best I can, I'm in the works of doing my guide and I'll try to use some key points from there. To start off you wanted intially 2.5 crit because anymore than that was just marginal returns, it really didn't do much. However now I find myself critting all the time. Which leads to massive DPS, especially in the archery tree.

What I would recommend you do, is go dex+constitution, build up your HP. Have lower crit and increase your regen, it will add to your survivability and not make you as fragile. Another thing that I can not stress enough, with the new tree, 20% stamina regen, this is almost broken. Any high level/skilled player will abuse the hell out of this. The amount of 1v2 1v3 that I've won today alone just by this is insane. This is one of those underlying buffs.

Currently I'm still running AotLW and Serpents, having success so far so no need to change. However PA maybe another suitable replacement. As for a trapper, I don't have enough experience with that tree to give you an honest answer, all I know is PvE I'm out DPSing 16k+ CWs now and in PvP I'm killing everything as well. I'm about 30-1-40 atm and my only death is to 3x GF spike that was clearly done through teamspeak lol.
    edited August 2014
    I'll try to answer and give you some advice the best I can, I'm in the works of doing my guide and I'll try to use some key points from there. To start off you wanted intially 2.5 crit because anymore than that was just marginal returns, it really didn't do much. However now I find myself critting all the time. Which leads to massive DPS, especially in the archery tree.

What I would recommend you do, is go dex+constitution, build up your HP. Have lower crit and increase your regen, it will add to your survivability and not make you as fragile. Another thing that I can not stress enough, with the new tree, 20% stamina regen, this is almost broken. Any high level/skilled player will abuse the hell out of this. The amount of 1v2 1v3 that I've won today alone just by this is insane. This is one of those underlying buffs.

Currently I'm still running AotLW and Serpents, having success so far so no need to change. However PA maybe another suitable replacement. As for a trapper, I don't have enough experience with that tree to give you an honest answer, all I know is PvE I'm out DPSing 16k+ CWs now and in PvP I'm killing everything as well. I'm about 30-1-40 atm and my only death is to 3x GF spike that was clearly done through teamspeak lol.

Appreciate the responce. Will take a break for week and then dig into archer probably.
    Not sure still if i should drop crit low. Since archery is all about benefits on crit...

My idea was to get around Srt : 13; Con :12; Dex :20, Wis : 13 at start. And raise it up to Str : 16; Con : 16; Dex :25; Wis : 18 as result.

Will see how it goes. Btw if you don't mind sharing what is your current power/crit, deflect/defence?

What do you feel like good encounter now for archer?
  • gpugingpugin Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Hi sandstorm777, nice guide.

I have some questions.

The scoundrel training is useful in pvp?

Now with mod 4, there was any feat from trapper or combat tree useful for archery?
  • auntjimimaauntjimima Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    new mod sucks for hybrid. I had a beautiful hybrid worked out to a T and was real close to making a build guide. but... now neverwinter wants to tell us how to hybrid instead of making it an aspect of personal choice. bloody wankers....
    edited August 2014
    gpugin wrote: »
    Hi sandstorm777, nice guide.

I have some questions.

The scoundrel training is useful in pvp?

Now with mod 4, there was any feat from trapper or combat tree useful for archery?

Not a fan of it, I only have 1 point in there, that alone being a value point for the extra 3%, Disciple of Dexterity is a must however.

There was nothing that I found useful, therefore I am full archery.

That being said, I'm also looking for some buddies/guild to PvP with, right now I'm pretty much a solo act in the PvP scene of my guild, please pm if you think you can help me find a pvp home :(
    edited August 2014
    4.8k power
    2.7k crit
    2.6k armor pen
    1.5k defence
    1.3k regen
    1.6k deflect

are my current stats, please not my character is not yet fully complete as well,

for pvp i usually run

fox/mauraders/thorn or replace thorn with hindering

pve i usually run

rain/constricting/thorn
  • gpugingpugin Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Not a fan of it, I only have 1 point in there, that alone being a value point for the extra 3%, Disciple of Dexterity is a must however.

There was nothing that I found useful, therefore I am full archery.

That being said, I'm also looking for some buddies/guild to PvP with, right now I'm pretty much a solo act in the PvP scene of my guild, please pm if you think you can help me find a pvp home :(

i'm only lv 30. i'm levelin up in pvp :)

thx for the answer.

i'm thinking in Ghotswalker, broadhead, unfliching, bottomless, rising and stillness for achery. but i'm still thinking in quarry or fleet stance (trapper) too, but i don't know what feat i give up.

thx again.
  • vvv459vvv459 Member Posts: 161 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    I don't see how this build can be effective against anyone other than pugs.
    You went the glass cannon route, but HR is nowhere as good at it as a CW.
    edited August 2014
    4.8k power
    2.7k crit
    2.6k armor pen
    1.5k defence
    1.3k regen
    1.6k deflect

are my current stats, please not my character is not yet fully complete as well,

for pvp i usually run

fox/mauraders/thorn or replace thorn with hindering

pve i usually run

rain/constricting/thorn

thank for detailed responce. Ive recently after respect and have to say that your guide and skills combination does work well still. Maybe one of the best for archer. Tried with pathfinder and fox/mara/ throne or hidering. Mostly still use throne - damage is buffed well in it now. But fox shift is now pretty useless agains perma steals TR.

HR are now so easy to kill by CW - even with 30k health in my pvp gear. As archer is more hit and run, shot and move play style. Something different.

Still working on my pve stuff. It feels for me that pve wise old archer could do more damage. Still figuring out.
    Thanks for guide and respon
  • avengingangel93avengingangel93 Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    OP. I just wanted to leave a message saying how much I loved reading your guide. My friend and I worked out a build, and reading your advice on gameplay and positioning has definitely been a big help. I'm up for PvP any time, so if you'd like to, hit me up @avengingangel93 :)
  • avengingangel93avengingangel93 Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    vvv459 wrote: »

And just as a pointer, I have a very similar build and playstyle. I've played against premades. It works, trust me.

Also: CW and HR are two completely different playstyles. Not possible to compare them ;)
  • gabrielpugingabrielpugin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    And just as a pointer, I have a very similar build and playstyle. I've played against premades. It works, trust me.

Also: CW and HR are two completely different playstyles. Not possible to compare them ;)

Hi!

in MOD 4, what achery feats do you use?
    edited August 2014
    vvv459 wrote: »

There's always the odd person who will have something to say. I know my results along with many others speak for themselves, however you are entitled to your own opinion.

@gabrielpugin

With the TERRIBLE (thats my way of saying stupid) nerf to fox shift, Hindering/Mauraders/Thorn seem like the most common and encounters right now, as for feats, top 5 and bottomless quiver

@thedemien

Archery PvE is def the way to go, CW gives almost everyone trouble, 30hp or not you will die to most decent ones. Sometimes I PvP with my CW friend, 19k GS one of the top CW's in the game, and regardless of how much I kill or what I do I can never get within 10 kills of him, its insane. Broken.

@avengingangel93

Thank you for your kind words! It's always nice to hear that I was able to help out. It's something I enjoy doing and I was glad I could help you out. Feel free to add.
  • ivars70ivars70 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Regarding Feats. Have you those 5 points in Fleat Stance or moved they to archery tree?
  • tragicfooltragicfool Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Thanks for helping me out in game today, and giving me motivation to keep playing my HR. Much appreciation for the time you took to help a new player :)
  • chestnut13chestnut13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Hi ... thx for this guide. Just starting to earn some profound gear and am trying this out in PVP. I have to say I am having a difficult time getting a great deal of use out of Aimed Strike. I was wondering if there is not a better at will to use ... my other is Hunters Teamwork. It seems I am constantly interupted in AS and DOT renders it almost uesless. Any tips or ideas for me? Thank you.
  • twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    chestnut13 wrote: »
    Hi ... thx for this guide. Just starting to earn some profound gear and am trying this out in PVP. I have to say I am having a difficult time getting a great deal of use out of Aimed Strike. I was wondering if there is not a better at will to use ... my other is Hunters Teamwork. It seems I am constantly interupted in AS and DOT renders it almost uesless. Any tips or ideas for me? Thank you.
    Getting Aimed Shot off is a matter of timing and positioning. Try and use Line of Sight to make yourself difficult to spot/hit; snipe people engaged with other targets; snipe from high ground; use Forest Ghost if all else fails. It's practice, planning, and a little luck here and there.

Having a Barkshield Armour Enchant helps against dots.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
    edited September 2014
    Getting Aimed Shot off is a matter of timing and positioning. Try and use Line of Sight to make yourself difficult to spot/hit; snipe people engaged with other targets; snipe from high ground; use Forest Ghost if all else fails. It's practice, planning, and a little luck here and there.

Having a Barkshield Armour Enchant helps against dots.

This pretty much, its all about positioning and knowing when is the right time to pull it off.

@tragicfool2 np mate, hope my little in-game lesson helped you out a bit and made things more clear for you!
    edited September 2014
    People have been sending me pms/ingame msgs about updating this to mod 4, I said I would, so expect a COMBAT and ARCHERY guide up soon, I've played and had great success with both and will share everything you need to know!
  • linkingirl86linkingirl86 Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Hi sandstorm,

I really like your guide, can i add it to mmominds.com???
    edited November 2014
    People have been sending me pms/ingame msgs about updating this to mod 4, I said I would, so expect a COMBAT and ARCHERY guide up soon, I've played and had great success with both and will share everything you need to know!

Hey so where is the guide? )) I gave a reference but had to get a lot of words about mod 4 in it too)
  • chhookchhook Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Hi, I'm a new player level 60 .

I tested several spe build in combat, archery and Module 5 and I'm still looking .

I saw that combat was the best direction for PvP , but it is possible to build an archery or trapping viable in PvP ?

Excuse me for my language I 'm french .
  • glacialwindglacialwind Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Hi! Is this build still viable? And updates on this?
    This thread brought back a lot of nostalgia lol, is the game still worth playing? Hearing how it is more broken that ever right now.
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    Eh, I'm still playing, but I have the attention span of a mastodon.

Same old same old, some things are broken bad, some other things are also broken, but in a good way. It evens out I guess.
    No idea what my toon is now.