test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Celestial Coin Reset?

gilengoosegilengoose Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
edited August 2014 in PvE Discussion
I may have missed something (Heaven's knows it would not be the first time) but when I logged in this morning to do my daily invocation for my celestial and Ardent Coins, I got a message on both characters that my Celestial Coins were reset to 0. Can anyone explain why all my work to build up my Celestial Coins is now gone?:(
Post edited by gilengoose on

Comments

• elawynelawyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Celestial coins only stack to a maximum of 7. If you don't log in for 29 hours, they will be reset to zero.

(Don't confused them with ardent coins, which do NOT reset)
  • gilengoosegilengoose Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ahh That would explain it. I failed to login yesterday. My bad. OK thanks for clearing up my misunderstanding.
  • djingibidjingibi Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ...Some say ardent are given every time u invoke ? But i get only the first time of the day. Bug ? or its the way it wokr ...?
  • powereddjinnpowereddjinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    djingibi wrote: »
    ...Some say ardent are given every time u invoke ? But i get only the first time of the day. Bug ? or its the way it wokr ...?

Both coins are given the first time you Invoke in a 24hr period, the Celestial one stack to 7 and disappears if you do not Invoke for 29 hours.
  • geldrinhor62geldrinhor62 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Both coins are given the first time you Invoke in a 24hr period, the Celestial one stack to 7 and disappears if you do not Invoke for 29 hours.
    Where is this posted? (the game does not yet come with a ruleset completely filled out)
    I've found a LOT of things in the game are not actually posted anywhere I could find...yet. Just curious.
    Thanks!
  • stratrat1956stratrat1956 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 54
    edited May 2013
    Where is this posted? (the game does not yet come with a ruleset completely filled out)
    I've found a LOT of things in the game are not actually posted anywhere I could find...yet. Just curious.
    Thanks!

Doesn't it say that if you hover your mouse over the celestial coin icon?
    What? Me worry?
  • bluellbluell Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    explain how I keep getting 2 of my 3 chars to 6 celestial coins with 3rd char being at 4 then I log in within 24 hours and go to pray so get my 2 boxes (pray for coals)but magically the only char I got that's not at 0 celestial is the char that only had 4 its starting <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> me off cause in 2 more days his will disapear at 6 and other 2 chars will have 2 again so if only my chars that get to point of buying a box (pray for coals)are loosing the points im seriously getting pissed and feel riped off.This been happening since middle of july so at this point ive lost 18 chances for box with coalesent wards.
  • rlrobrrlrobr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Technically it is every 20 hours.
  • goldenone4goldenone4 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Check-out the swordcoast adventure's ! If you go to the Temple , Your coin life is magically extended !
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014
    rlrobr wrote: »
    I'm guessing you meant 30, not 20.

It is 30 hours but shows at 29 left hours in game because only for a split second does the time show 30 hours remaining, as it is a count-down and doesn't show minutes until it gets close to the wire.
  • lycragirllycragirl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 53
    edited August 2014
    The timer seems to be off on my main. It's happened twice now. I've logged in later than usual in the morning, invoked successfully on my 2 alts (that had probably gone 24 hours without praying) and logged on to my main, only to find that I lost my coins.

It would usually only have been 8 or 9 hours since my last invoke on my main too.
  • leeksieleeksie Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    zebular wrote: »
    I'm guessing you meant 30, not 20.

It is 30 hours but shows at 29 left hours in game because only for a split second does the time show 30 hours remaining, as it is a count-down and doesn't show minutes until it gets close to the wire.

I think that rlrobr meant that you can invoke for your NEXT coin 20 hours after you got the last one. So if you are really hardcore, there will be the occasional day when you can get 2 sets of coins on the same calendar day. Say, if you invoke at midnight for your first coin, you can get your next coin at 8pm that same day. Your next coin after that would be available from 4pm the following day, then midday the day after that.

If you don't invoke *at all* for a period of 30 hours you will lose your Celestial coins. This is the timer you will often see if you try to change characters or log out of the game that warns if you don't invoke in the next XX hours you will lose your coins.

You can use the temple quest in Sword Coast Adventures to reset this timer, but you can't get additional Celestial/Ardent coins from SCA... you need to invoke in the main game for that.

I find it easiest to think of this as two separate timers: One for gaining a new coin and one for when you lose your existing ones. If you just tend to login and invoke at about the same time each day, you won't notice a difference.

None of this explains the occasional random reset that some people seem to experience though :)
    Masashi - TR (Wisperknife / Executioner)
    Militides Hammerfist - GWF (Swordmaster / Destroyer)
    Apollo Deadeye - HR (Pathfinder / Archer)
    Percival Steadfast - GF (Swordmaster / Tactician)
    Shal Magmastrike - CW (Master of the Flame / Thaumaturge)
    Salazar the Damned - SW (Hellbringer / Fury)
    Tarl Tyrswrath - DC (Divine Oracle / Righteous)
    Sontag Tyrshand - OP (Devotion / Justice)
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    rlrobr wrote: »

No it isn't, it is more than 24 hours before reset, but I forget the precise figure. You're thinking of the minimum time between coins, not max.

NW_Celestial_Tooltip.jpg
  • rlrobrrlrobr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    leeksie wrote: »
    I think that rlrobr meant that you can invoke for your NEXT coin 20 hours after you got the last one. So if you are really hardcore, there will be the occasional day when you can get 2 sets of coins on the same calendar day. Say, if you invoke at midnight for your first coin, you can get your next coin at 8pm that same day. Your next coin after that would be available from 4pm the following day, then midday the day after that.

If you don't invoke *at all* for a period of 30 hours you will lose your Celestial coins. This is the timer you will often see if you try to change characters or log out of the game that warns if you don't invoke in the next XX hours you will lose your coins.

That was precisely what I meant. Thanks for making it clear :)
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Ardent coins also have a maximum - 400.
    elawyn wrote: »
    Celestial coins only stack to a maximum of 7. If you don't log in for 29 hours, they will be reset to zero.

(Don't confused them with ardent coins, which do NOT reset)