Install Arc

Crixus GF pvp guide

13»

Comments

• facexcontrolfacexcontrol Member Posts: 281
    edited August 2014
    oicidraz wrote: »
    Perfect Bronzewood -> Ignore 16% DR, 50% Uptime -> +8% DPS
    Perfect Feythouched -> +12% DMG to you and -12% DMG to enemy, 50% Uptime -> +6% DPS and -6% DPS to enemy

If a GF have 16% Critical Chance then Perfect Vorpal is a 16% * 50% = + 8% DPS, less Critical Chance is less DPS, so P. Bronzewood and P. Feytouched are very good choices for low Crit GFs (in 1v1).

And for example Feytouched could have a great Synergy with a Protector GF in MoD 4, making our enemies attack -32% :o.

I dont know how u did those calculations but i give u props for putting effort atleast.

50% uptime is what ?! ...Bronze has 20s CD and so does Fey ...So how do u put 50% uptime on that ?! Lol

Also bronze is 16% of the targets AC which doesnt mean by itself a total of 16% DR ignored....

Also fey is 12s Buff with 20s CD ....The CD triggers after the 12s buff.
  • runonnikerunonnike Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Hey Crix. I'm running a completely defensive build and want to see how it will do against your's.
    Wanna fight a couple of 1v1's?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • crixus8000crixus8000 Member Posts: 1,205 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    runonnike wrote: »
    Hey Crix. I'm running a completely defensive build and want to see how it will do against your's.
    Wanna fight a couple of 1v1's?

Sure bro but all my enchants are on my HR right now, trying to lvl him up so want to do it on test server when your on next ? :)
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2014
    crixus8000 wrote: »
    Sure bro but all my enchants are on my HR right now, trying to lvl him up so want to do it on test server when your on next ? :)

I was doing that too! But I stripped my HR because I prefer playing a fighter.
    I'll shoot you a PM in game tonight or something.

Another question: what do you think about 38% crit chance, but mininal ArP in Mod 4? For both PvP and PvE.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2014
    I was doing that too! But I stripped my HR because I prefer playing a fighter.
    I'll shoot you a PM in game tonight or something.

Another question: what do you think about 38% crit chance, but mininal ArP in Mod 4? For both PvP and PvE.

wow 38% crit chance is high, that's good as long as its not sacrificing too many other stats to get it and as for armor pen I would say 2k is great or if you can afford it 2.5-3k but that requires a high lvl enchants and artifacts.

And yeah bro im still on atm so just pm me :)
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2014
    wow 38% crit chance is high, that's good as long as its not sacrificing too many other stats to get it and as for armor pen I would say 2k is great or if you can afford it 2.5-3k but that requires a high lvl enchants and artifacts.

And yeah bro im still on atm so just pm me :)

Yeah I can't get on tonight till late.

How about PvE? With a vorp enchant, and in a room like Pirate King or Frozen Heart, enforced threat will do a total damage of 69k. That's assuming single taget damage from this will hit for 2500. And exactly how important is ArP?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2014
    Yeah I can't get on tonight till late.

How about PvE? With a vorp enchant, and in a room like Pirate King or Frozen Heart, enforced threat will do a total damage of 69k. That's assuming single taget damage from this will hit for 2500. And exactly how important is ArP?

Its almost 3 am here bro I will be on tomorrow all day though we can meet up then.

Arm pen is important depending on your playstyle. Many gf choose full protector for pve but I prefer to be as strong as I can all round so I use arm pen for solo and pvp since its basically just more dmg and 2k is almost at 20%

All the % of different attributes like tenacity, arm pen and enchants ect takes a lot of math to really get an accurate number of increased dmg, so I usually just do it the simple way and unequipped all arm pen, hit a dummy with some skills and see my base dmg then do it with the arm pen. It gives you a rough idea of how much extra dmg you will deal.

And as for enchants it depends on your playstyle again, for the build I posted here a plague or terror would be great because chaining your attacks works well with them enchants but I just prefer the vorpal, I might go for a plague again one day and test them both out though :)
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2014
    Its almost 3 am here bro I will be on tomorrow all day though we can meet up then.

Arm pen is important depending on your playstyle. Many gf choose full protector for pve but I prefer to be as strong as I can all round so I use arm pen for solo and pvp since its basically just more dmg and 2k is almost at 20%

All the % of different attributes like tenacity, arm pen and enchants ect takes a lot of math to really get an accurate number of increased dmg, so I usually just do it the simple way and unequipped all arm pen, hit a dummy with some skills and see my base dmg then do it with the arm pen. It gives you a rough idea of how much extra dmg you will deal.

And as for enchants it depends on your playstyle again, for the build I posted here a plague or terror would be great because chaining your attacks works well with them enchants but I just prefer the vorpal, I might go for a plague again one day and test them both out though :)

I thought dummies didn't have any defense or damage resistance?
    But I think the 25% bonus damage from Reckless Attacker (in Mod 4) will make ArP not necessary past 15%. Right or wrong?
    Besides, if everyone wamts me to tank the adds , why would I want more than 20% resistance ignored?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2014
    I thought dummies didn't have any defense or damage resistance?
    But I think the 25% bonus damage from Reckless Attacker (in Mod 4) will make ArP not necessary past 15%. Right or wrong?
    Besides, if everyone wamts me to tank the adds , why would I want more than 20% resistance ignored?
    the dummies still give you a good idea of how much basic increase you get. And as for reckless attacker, yeah it gives a good dmg bonus but no more than the extra power we have now and arm pen is always great for pvp since you need as much dmg as you can get.

As for tanking well if someone is just a pve player then they don't really need any arm pen because they could just go full protector but like i said, its good for doing solo and pvp :)
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • user4035user4035 Member Posts: 145 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    Hello, nice guide. I like how there is no 'one build'
    I do disagree with the cleave as your main attack. But I guess it fits with your style of not blocking at will attacks.

Here is a tip that I don't think many have tried because its so out there.

Knights Challenge ability
    -challenge a target, you both do double damage to each other but 50% to other targets.

I threw this in for lol's one time and was fairly impressed. When your with your group, the enemy tends to target the GF last and go for the squishes like the CW. So you activate knights challenge on the enemy GWF and it halves their damage!!!!
    Add to this you do extra damage. Bull charge and your other powers really pack a punch.
    I've 1v1 other classes fairly easy if I can get my prone attacks off so they can't hit me.

Also, the extra damage your opponent does, does NOT seem to affect the block.

I just figured I'd mention cause its a pretty fun to use.
    But its not so good against rogues when they are targeting you.
    edited August 2014
    user4035 wrote: »
    Hello, nice guide. I like how there is no 'one build'
    I do disagree with the cleave as your main attack. But I guess it fits with your style of not blocking at will attacks.

Here is a tip that I don't think many have tried because its so out there.

Knights Challenge ability
    -challenge a target, you both do double damage to each other but 50% to other targets.

I threw this in for lol's one time and was fairly impressed. When your with your group, the enemy tends to target the GF last and go for the squishes like the CW. So you activate knights challenge on the enemy GWF and it halves their damage!!!!
    Add to this you do extra damage. Bull charge and your other powers really pack a punch.
    I've 1v1 other classes fairly easy if I can get my prone attacks off so they can't hit me.

Also, the extra damage your opponent does, does NOT seem to affect the block.

I just figured I'd mention cause its a pretty fun to use.
    But its not so good against rogues when they are targeting you.

Ty :) and crushign surge will be the best at will we have in mod 4 but this is a mod 3 build so I will have to change it all soon lol.

And yeah I like knights challenge too but in serious fights its just too risky to be of any good I think that's why I didn't add it but I can say its a perfect combo is with swordmasters crescendo daily. You use knights challenge then pop crescendo and that daily basically teliports you to the enemy and holds them still lol so its basically 1 kill rotation on anyone if you have that daily ready. I have tried that on test server for fun and I think I hit a guy 200k dmg with all powers lol!

KC-Cresindo-GW GW GW- Anvil= dead :D
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • marnivalmarnival Member Posts: 1,432 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    crixus can you give me a tell when you see me online @marnival I like to have a chat with you about a certain build if dont mind .
    Best
    edited August 2014
    marnival wrote: »
    crixus can you give me a tell when you see me online @marnival I like to have a chat with you about a certain build if dont mind .
    Best

Sure man :)

But I'm not fully sure what will be the best build fro mod 4 atm since they keep changing small things and powers so the only way for us to find out is wait until its finally released.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • munchkinkittymunchkinkitty Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Sweet guide xD I have yet to play the changes for mod 4 but I hope they're an improvement
    Brìgh gach cluiche gu dheireadh.
    Ó Treasigh GF
    Ó Murchadh GWF
    Ó Kermichil CW

Ó Pádruig TR
    Ó Dànaidh HR

Ó Fionnlagh DC
    Ó Amhlaidh SW
    Ó Naomhin OP

BLACK LOTUS
  • lisaxxiilisaxxii Member Posts: 207 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    Also bronze is 16% of the targets AC which doesnt mean by itself a total of 16% DR ignored....

Also fey is 12s Buff with 20s CD ....The CD triggers after the 12s buff.

Negative sir. P Bronze is 16% damage increase for you AND your teammates. It is BiS hands down right now.

M4 you'll have choices. I'll be running vorp most likely, we will see.

P.S. I'm actually running Plague on Live right now. Its funny :)

Good to see you on the Forums man. Coming back for M4?
    Enemy Team
  • evaliraevalira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Bronzewood DOESN'T apply to teammates. Yes the bronzewood icon goes on the target and is visible to teammates, but only you benefit from the damage. Have tested this with guild mates.
  • thestaggythestaggy Member Posts: 1,102 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014

Shouldn't you be adjusting your arpen stat according to your Dexterity with regards to PVE? NPCs have at most 24 - 25% DR and cannot go below 0. My Dexterity roll gives me 8% Resistance Ignored, so theoretically I only need 16% more Resistance Ignored from my arpen stat, which is around 1600 points. Anything beyond that is really wasted and cranking up power or crit may be a better option.
    PSA: You don't need to grind Spinward Rise for your Elemental artifact main hand if you have some AD lying around. You can craft it via the Tyranny of Dragon's campaign screen.
  • isuuck2isuuck2 Member Posts: 491 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    Tr are easy
    edited August 2014
    isuuck2 wrote: »
    Tr are easy

90% of them yeah but I'm talking about a well geared rogue with skill. They can just survive anything the gf can do in mod 3. after your first rotation they just regen from stealth so unless its a 2v1, you get lucky or the rogue is bad then its gonna be very hard to win. Rogues are node holders, on leaderboards they always have very few deaths because they can survive very well, even against 3 players.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • voltomeyvoltomey Member Posts: 1,052 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    thestaggy wrote: »
    Shouldn't you be adjusting your arpen stat according to your Dexterity with regards to PVE? NPCs have at most 24 - 25% DR and cannot go below 0. My Dexterity roll gives me 8% Resistance Ignored, so theoretically I only need 16% more Resistance Ignored from my arpen stat, which is around 1600 points. Anything beyond that is really wasted and cranking up power or crit may be a better option.

Yes you only need 1600 armor pen and 8% in your Dex to hit AP cap
    Gang Busters PvP Guild Recruiting When Mod 6 goes live Pm Me for more Info If you have any Paladin question Message Me and i will get back to you ASAP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gip86xgip86x Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I have not understood a thing: how does the rotation of this build ?
    edited August 2014
    gip86x wrote: »
    I have not understood a thing: how does the rotation of this build ?

This is a mod 3 build since most things have changed. Like now anvil of doom is almost a must for gf players in pvp. And many other things have had reworks and there is feat changes so I might do another guild but not sure yet. If you have any questions though feel free to ask :)
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rheeparkrheepark Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Why some of you arguing over ArmPen vs NPC's? This is a pvp guide?