test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

NW has a memory leak...

shhbaconshhbacon Member Posts: 100 Arc User
edited August 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
So, i logged in and for awhile i was running around 700-800k after about a hour im at 1.1mil
Will watch it and report if it gets higher... It maybe one of the issues to do with crashing.
Post yours after playing awhile to see if its just me.
Post edited by shhbacon on

Comments

• reagenlionel1reagenlionel1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I've been noticing this memory leak for some time as well.
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Yes I have the same issue , I can play pretty well for a hour or two then if I don't log out completely and then log back in the game starts getting difficult to play .
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • baddeedsbaddeeds Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 74
    edited August 2014
    so i am not the only one :)
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Haven't tested the numbers but noticed it getting worse and worse last night for me after heavy zone hopping hunting dragons.
  • baddeedsbaddeeds Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 74
    edited August 2014
    anyone have any bright ideas to fix it
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    baddeeds wrote: »
    anyone have any bright ideas to fix it

Reboot, Buy more ram, and wait for an official patch. There's nothing that can be done from our side about mem leaks. The only thing you can do is get more ram as then it takes more time before it gets problematic for you, and when it gets problematic restart. Nothing else can be done as it's internal code that is the issue.
  • naicalusnaicalus Member Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Nope, it happens to me too. Seems to happen more the more I zone back and forth. I was on for a couple hours this morning, but most of that was in the summer festival zone, short stays in PE, and finally Neverdeath(At which point it did start to drag)
    Largely inactive, playing Skyforge as Nai Calus.
    edited August 2014
    but the problem is when u switch 1 or 2 zones after you get the massive packet loss . it becomes normal again .....
  • ogariousogarious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The memory leak has gotten massively worse since Mod 4 came out. Bad enough that I have to log out or crash out of my game every 45 minutes or so. Refining items speeds up the process. Dont ask me why, but it does.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014
    Since Mod4, I've noticed that closing the game seems to take a while for resources to be free'd up. My system will act a big sluggish for about 30 seconds to a minute when I exit the game. I've not noticed any performance loss leaving the game running for hours on end though. I only notice this when exiting the game client.

I'm on Win 8.1 x64. ATI Radeon HD 7770 with 4gigs of ram and dual core.
  • raptorskyfireraptorskyfire Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 120 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    Can confirm that zebular, sometimes when I shut down the game it will be closed but Task Manager is still showing it and I'm still hearing the games sounds.

I get my memory going up over it's usual after a few hours of play, shut it down, wait a while and log back in and have little troubles until it gets sluggish again.

Windows 7 64, 2.2 Quad core CPU, 4gigs RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6530D is my system.
    Part of Storm-Shore, a RP/PvE guild. http://www.stormshore.com/

I have many alts, I am a class and race rainbow.