test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Sunite Priestess - Qualifying ???

obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
edited August 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
"Throughout the Summer Festival event, players can enter to win a Sunite Priestess companion simply for transferring any amount of Zen from ArcGames.com.* For the entire 21 days of the event, players will be chosen at random to win the Sunite Priestess. Winners will be chosen at 10 AM PDT every day and announced later that day."

Do we need to transfer Zen every day to qualify?
Or does doing it once qualify us for all the remaining days?

(my glucose is really low, I hope I didn't ask this twice. Tried searching...)
Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
Post edited by obsiddia on

Comments

• mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I assume this means that ANY transfer of ZEN during this period will mean that the account is entered for the draw.

Note that there may be some restrictions that the ZEN can't be bought via Steam.
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I assumed you need to transfer per day. Clarity isn't exactly their thing. Like if they say something on sale, then feel free not to take it word for word (I haven't made this point before have I?). Also if they say something happens weekly, yeah the same.
  • justsyndrajustsyndra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    frishter wrote: »
    Clarity isn't exactly their thing.

At least Cryptic lives up to their name!
    No longer playing Neverwinter.
  • obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It is odd that it says 'No Purchase Necessary'. That would only be
    true if you split hairs and technically you made a Zen purchase
    separately, so transferring is free... :/

Also not clear if we have to put in Zen every day to qualify, or
    one transfer keeps us in the lotto the rest of the contest.
    Perhaps it's meant to be vague?
  • somebobsomebob Member Posts: 1,887 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    obsiddia wrote: »
    Perhaps it's meant to be vague?

Of course it's meant to be vague. Cryptic/PWE want you to keep buying Zen. Duh. :D
  • nathanmehew2435nathanmehew2435 Member Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The this with not having to buy zen is buy earning it through Peanut Lab surveys i know some people do this and is a fair way to get zen and be able to participate in events like this.
  • akemnosakemnos Member Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    yep i get a few zen each day from this when I can. works fairly well although i dont "qualify" for many of the surveys.
  • naicalusnaicalus Member Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It was just confirmed to me by Twitter that you have to transfer zen each day to enter.
    Largely inactive, playing Skyforge as Nai Calus.
  • laks0nlaks0n Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I was sad that I Would have to pass on this companion because I cannot do surveys in EU... But 50 each day x15... At least it wont be rare :)
  • puucpuuc Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    naicalus wrote: »
    It was just confirmed to me by Twitter that you have to transfer zen each day to enter.

That's not true. I watched 1 video, and earnt 3 zen for doing so, transferred it into the game and am now in possesion of a Priestess of Sune. So you can do it once and win.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014
    obsiddia wrote: »
    It is odd that it says 'No Purchase Necessary'. That would only be
    true if you split hairs and technically you made a Zen purchase
    separately, so transferring is free... :/
    I did one Peanut Labs offer for 4 Zen (watched a 2 minute video) and transferred that 4 Zen to Neverwinter, which got me entered in today's without purchasing anything.

Yes, you need to transfer Zen each day, before 10:00am PDT, to be entered for that 24 hour period from 10:00am to 10:00am.
    edited August 2014
    puuc wrote: »
    That's not true. I watched 1 video, and earnt 3 zen for doing so, transferred it into the game and am now in possesion of a Priestess of Sune. So you can do it once and win.

Uh, re-read please. Each day is a separate drawing that you have to enter by transferring zen. You got insanely lucky and got one the first day. If you hadn't, you would have had to keep transferring zen each day to qualify to win. You can win the first time, yes, but if you don't, you have to keep transferring.

And uh, like I said, I was repeating official information from the @NeverwinterGame twitter account.
  • wildfire412001wildfire412001 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 114 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    i bought zen yesterday on arc but it ALL went straight to the game, nowhere could i find where i could transfer some each day ... i hope that still qualified me!!!!
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014
    i bought zen yesterday on arc but it ALL went straight to the game, nowhere could i find where i could transfer some each day ... i hope that still qualified me!!!!
    Aye, that counts as when you buy Zen from ARC it has you choose where to transfer those newly acquired Zen too.
  • nwnghostnwnghost Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Zeb, I don't quite understand:

on 21/8, 40 mins (9:20 PDT) before the event started, i transferred Zen
    then because i thought i need to do it during event, i transferred more at 1pm PDT

On 22/8 I transferred zen at 10:30am PDT

Presumably I was entered for the 21/8 draw, but was I entered for the 22/8 draw or the 23/8 draw as well?

What I don't understand is the following:
    Daily reset = 2am PDT
    Event start = 10 am PDT

Do I need to transfer between 2am and 10am of a given day to be eligible, as the draw apparently happens at 10am every day? or between 10am of a draw day to 10 am the next draw day
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The this with not having to buy zen is buy earning it through Peanut Lab surveys i know some people do this and is a fair way to get zen and be able to participate in events like this.

Yeah, except that non-US players are treated like second class .. the "free" offers are not valid for them.
    Hoping for improvements...
    edited August 2014
    nwnghost wrote: »
    Zeb, I don't quite understand:

on 21/8, 40 mins (9:20 PDT) before the event started, i transferred Zen
    then because i thought i need to do it during event, i transferred more at 1pm PDT

On 22/8 I transferred zen at 10:30am PDT

Presumably I was entered for the 21/8 draw, but was I entered for the 22/8 draw or the 23/8 draw as well?

What I don't understand is the following:
    Daily reset = 2am PDT
    Event start = 10 am PDT

Do I need to transfer between 2am and 10am of a given day to be eligible, as the draw apparently happens at 10am every day? or between 10am of a draw day to 10 am the next draw day
    Community Events have nothing to do with in-game daily reset time (its 3am PDT by the way, not 2am). Community Events go by the Community Staff's work schedule. It's from 10am to 10am.
    edited August 2014
    Nwnghost: Unfortunately because ARC is dumb and forced you to transfer it all at once, you would have only been entered for the day of the transfer.
  • heyrogersheyrogers Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 180 Cryptic Developer
    edited August 2014
    Every day is a new pool of entrants. Yes, it makes it more difficult to qualify over the course of the whole event, because you would have to transfer multiple times. The tradeoff is that when you do enter, your chances are much higher to win, because the overall number of people that can win gets reset.
  • wildfire412001wildfire412001 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 114 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    akemnos wrote: »
    yep i get a few zen each day from this when I can. works fairly well although i dont "qualify" for many of the surveys.

I ran into the same problem .... I transferred $100.00 worth of Zen (purchased through Arc Charge) the day after the Sunite Priestess blog was posted. Unfortunately, unlike the old PWE page that let you transfer a certain amount to my Neverwinter account, the Arc one automatically put all 1600 Zen straight into my game. So last night, I skipped sleep (work 2 jobs, about 18-20 hours a day) and tried the Peanut Labs Free Zen surveys. After doing close to 20, I managed to not only miss sleep, but acquired ZERO Zen because I didn't qualify for ANY of them. Then I did one of the ones where you click through about 9-10 offers for stuff, only to get to the end and it wouldn't let me exit it, so no Zen there either.
    Sucks that I actually PAID for Zen with real money only to not be able to enter the Sunite Priestess Raffle. :(
  • obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    ...Sucks that I actually PAID for Zen with real money only to not be able to enter the Sunite Priestess Raffle. :(
    I've managed a couple surveys so far. Since the Fest is 21 days long, hopefully you'll
    qualify for a few as we go. And yeah I have a bad feeling about some surveys 'breaking'
    at the end.
  • kaiserschmarrnkaiserschmarrn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 390
    edited August 2014
    Bought 1100 Zen on the 23rd, no luck. Bought another 1100 on the 24th and hoping...
    edited August 2014
    I've been using those ones where you watch a video for like 4 zen. It does say 'any' amount, after all.
  • baron335baron335 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I was wondering why I had a Sune Priestess in my rewards. I had forgot all about this.
  • myles08807myles08807 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 409 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    baron335 wrote: »
    I was wondering why I had a Sune Priestess in my rewards. I had forgot all about this.

Purchased and transferred 1000 Zen each of the first two days, checked the Rewards booth on day 2, and viola! My newly-60 SW has himself a girlfriend...poor little angsty emo half-elf could probably use the social-skills practice...