test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Voltomey's SW PvP Hybrid Minion Master Guide

voltomeyvoltomey Member Posts: 1,052 Bounty Hunter
edited August 2014 in The Nine Hells
Hello All i know allot of you have Pm me you questions on the Warlock But i really haven't had time to get to them cues i was moving into my new apartment. Any way i am going to give you a specific Guide on a Unique Warlock feat tree as you know i was one of the advocates for combat HR when the class first launched and i will be one for damnation warlocks as its by far the funnest build for me particularly to play with In PvP cause i dislike fury and temptation just dose not do enough dmg for my taste so i took the odd ball way out and went down the middle so with out further ado lets get started. P.S i am not going in depth on gear Note the build is still a work in progress so don't take this as the end all be all version.

Damnation Minion Master Warlock

How dose it work?
This Build is a Damage Spike Opportunist Build The soul Puppet is here to act like a shield and add pressure should you face a 1 v 1 situation or 1 vs 2 situation. What you want to do is get in do your dmg and get out the longer the battle is drawn out the more likely you are to die or wast to much stamina. The Build relies on fast hands as i use encounters with very Long cast times or animations. You will want to get up on vantage points any thing you can LoS behind to shrug off other ranged attackers.

Buffing up your Soul Puppet
As time passes in the battle the puppet will grow stronger you can also help it be all it can be the damnation cap stone will slowly buff up the puppets attack over time but summoning more puppets will do this faster that's why for my third encounter power i take killing flames it will kill any target you get low enough from your initial burst. The puppets also add another source of dmg should you happen to get into a 1 v 1 situation.

Dark Spiral Power
As things die though out the match you will more then likely have three dark spiral orbs work this into your initial burst that way killing flames will likely kill the target on cast i usually use this when the prone from harrowing is in effect it can hit hard at 3 charges and crit for good amount of burst.

AoE Pressure Support
Be Sure to support you party during the fight at mid with AoE Pressure support namely Harrowstorm Eldrich Blast and Fire Bolt its not hard to curse a target for fire bolts high end dmg and when it crits the entire aoe crits also Same goes for harrowing then Mop up any low health targets with Killing flames and fire bolt.

Protecting yourself from CC
Shadowslip is you CC immunity shift all i can tell you is remember the animation of certain CC powers skills have If you can shadow slip though a CW entangling Chill strike and Icy rays and he dose not blast you with ray of frost you can quickly prone him and burst him down. If it dose have ray just run and find a vantage point to Burst him while he is not looking.

Feats: This is Finalized

Heroic Feats
T1
0/5: Energised Curse: Gain 30% more AP when attacking a cursed targets
2/3: Weapon Mastery: Increase your crit chance by 3%
3/3: Toughness: increase your max hp by 9%
T2
2/5: Shadow Fold: Shadow Slip Consumes 10% less stamina
3/3: Empowered Rituals: Encounters deal 6% more dmg
0/3: Battlewise: You create 6% less threat
T3
5/5: Determined Casting:Encounter Cooldowns Reduced by 10%
0/3: Desperate restoration: When Under 30% Health Heals are 15% more effective on you
0/3: Soul reaping: Your lifesteal stats is increased By 4.5 per your charcter lvl
T4
0/5: Blood Pact Of Cania:Increase the amount of bonus dmg Constitution gives by 5 %
3/3: Devestating critical:Increase Critical Severity By 15%
2/3: Scornful Curse:Increases the damage directly dealt by curse effects by 30%.Note Burning Puppets effect seems to make the SP auto attack a curse effect so it will add 30% more dmg to it not bad. This also applys to warlocks bargain.

Damnation Path Feats
T1
5/5: Parting Blasphemy: When a curse is removed from a target deal 6% of your weapon dmg to that target.
0/5: Relentless Curse: When a target affected by warlocks curse is killed a nearby targets has a 100% chance to be affected with a lesser curse
T2
5/5: Syphoning Curse: When a cursed target is killed the slayer of that target is healed for 100% of your weapon dmg.
0/5: Power Of The Nine Hells: The dmg Buff provided by piller of power now last 5 seconds after you leave its area and allies now receive 50% of the buffs affect.
T3
o/5: Warding spirits:While you have soul puppet active you take 10% less dmg
5/5: Burning puppets: your soul puppet have a 25% chance to apply lesser curse when they attack a target.
T4
5/5: Ghastly Commander:While you have soul puppet active you deal 10% more dmg and life steal for 2% more
5/5: Wrathful Souls: Your soul puppets deal 100% more dmg and their attacks now life steal 15% of thier dmg healing yo
T5
1/1: Soul Desecration:Your soul puppet is now permanent and will not dissipate after 5 hits. Targets maked By warlocks Curse are currupted and will spawn a soul puppet when killed. Additinaly every 15 seconds the next time you deal damage you spawn a soul puppet.

Temptation Path Feats
T1
0/5: Vengfull Curse:When damaged you have a 10% chance to apply a lesser curse to your attacker
5/5: Hope stealer: On critical Hits your lifesteal stat is increased by 10 points per character level for 4 seconds

Gear and Enchantment
ATM i am in less than thrilling gear But Hell its works for what its worth ATM i am debating on what offensive enchants i will use i am split between Armor Pen and Power so atm my enchants are bare But do what you want to do not what i do. Enchantment Wise i personally use PF But i recommend Vorple if you want the highest amount of dps possible via crits. In the end I am thinking one of the black ice sets or a mix of black ice and warlocks Profane armor will do. P.S be sure to get the INT Belt

Boons:
Get all the boons that have to do with Stamina Power Armor Pen and crit Power is more important then crit when choosing the starting dread ring boon get the 10% stamina during combat Boon and endless consumption and the 3% Life steal or 5% crit severity Boon from ToD. PvP wise get all the power Boons.

Stats

Offensive
Recovery: Get as much you can from gear and artifacts being able to burst consistently is good
Crit: having at least 2k will do you good any more is kinda a wast.

Defensive

Regen: you should always have high regen on SW it goes hand in hand with LS get it from artifacts and Boons
LS: Make sure you have a good amount of LS that way it will stack with the LS hope stealer gives you. you gear naturally come with a good amount of it.
HP: I ATM i am stacking HP i hate being so squishy and i got all the other states in check

Race I re rolled my race for the last time i re rolled tiefling and took a 18 Con 18 Cha 12 Int Build stick every thing in Con and Cha this is why i run the Int Belt to make up for what i dont get with it and the Int belt has ideal stats so its all good.

Class feats: I took a more agressive and Illusive stance on my Class features

Shadow Walk: You run 10% faster while Shadow Sprinting. After using this for so long i never take it off it gives you more distance for short burst and being able to jet away a nice distance on a short bit of stamina is nice. It basically gives you more bang for you stamina Burst and is good to preposition yourself or just get the hell out of dodge.

Deadly Curse: Your Warlock's Curse deals damage when applied to targets not already affected by your Warlock's Curse. I use to hate on this till i actually started using it more it scales well with power and it can crit and when i prone with harrowstorm this can add i nice 2k or more dmg surge on the prove it can also be used to finish people off very unique and versital class feature.

Encounters:

Staple's ATM i am currently in love with this three at will combo change it up how ever you desire

Harrowstorm: Call up a churning storm of eldritch power around your target, damaging them and enemies around them for a brief duration. If you use Warlock curse on a target while its active it will prone the targets for 4 seconds. I used to think this was clunky to use but after slaughtering so many people in pvp with it i changed my mind while it dose have a very long cast animation as it draw back killing and proneing some unfortunate sap with this is the most rewarding felling you will ever get

Fiery Bolt: You fling a ball of Eldritch Flame that explodes upon hitting your target, dealing reduced damage to nearby targets. When this consumes a curse the main target takes 35% more dmg and targets near it take full blast dmg. Note The skill can hit like a brick **** house on a lucky Crit i have had this crit as high as 8-10K

Killing Flames: You use you targets Suffering to fuel infernal flames around them the dmg is increased bases on the percentage of the targets missing HP and killing your target will spawn a soul Puppet and Builds 25% more ap. You Mop Up and Finisher daily when you get you target low enough blast them with this and watch them explodes this also has the added effect of buffing you soul puppet.

At-Wills: I Changed my at wills so now i am a straight up Murderlock Ranged DPS

Dark Spiral Aura: Fire a blast of dark energy at your target, expending your collected Dark Spirals. Hitting a cursed target will give you another dark spiral so in this regard its more burst potential.

Eldritch Blast: A blast of eldritch flame scorches your target. The third strike also damages enemies around your primary target. Note Your main Bread and Butter at will its nice dmg and fast casting make it a no brainier.

Dailys

Brood of Hadar: You overwhelm your target with shadows, holding them in place while dark horrors rise around them. Nearby targets take reduced damage from this attack, and all affected are slowed and will be attacked by the spawned horrors.Note The skill is nice in pvp its a single target CC that can unload a buck ton of dmg But this skill loses effectiveness when used in a pack of mobs *** Minion ai will make them attack any target they deem a danger.

Gates of Hell: Summon a hellgate at target location that spews a stream of hellish flame in your direction. Enemies killed by the blast restore some of your Action Points. In addition, players killed by this power may not be revived by other players. Note This can hit as hard as a ice Knife and it has a very deceiving telegraph Plant this daily ahead of a target not on it everything in between the spot you dropped the telegraph and were your standing will get hit with a huge amount of fire dmg. This can also be used to clear a cap point as players will tend to try to avoid taking the larg amount of fire dmg this jets out. and it can also be used to burst a dumb single target player you follows you or make him run for the hills
Gang Busters PvP Guild Recruiting When Mod 6 goes live Pm Me for more Info If you have any Paladin question Message Me and i will get back to you ASAP
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by voltomey on

Comments

• twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'm levelling a similar build with a similar playstyle. At the moment I have a more PvE oriented feat setup but I intend to respec when I hit 60. At the moment I have:

Heroic Feats
    T1
    5/5: Energised Curse: Gain 30% more AP when attacking a cursed targets
    3/3: Weapon Mastery: Increase your crit chance by 3%
    3/3: Toughness: increase your max hp by 9%
    T2
    0/5: Shadow Fold: Shadow Slip Consumes 10% less stamina
    3/3: Empowered Rituals: Encounters deal 6% more dmg
    0/3: Battlewise: You create 6% less threat
    T3
    0/5: Determined Casting:Encounter Cooldowns Reduced by 10%
    0/3: Desperate restoration: When Under 30% Health Heals are 15% more effective on you
    3/3: Soul reaping: Your lifesteal stats is increased By 4.5 per your charcter lvl
    T4
    0/5: Blood Pact Of Cania:Increase the amount of bonus dmg Constitution gives by 5 %
    3/3: Devestating critical:Increase Critical Severity By 15%
    3/3: Scornful Curse:Increases the damage directly dealt by curse effects by 30%.

Damnation Path Feats
    T1
    0/5: Parting Blasphemy: When a curse is removed from a target deal 6% of your weapon dmg to that target.
    5/5: Relentless Curse: When a target affected by warlocks curse is killed a nearby targets has a 100% chance to be affected with a lesser curse
    T2
    3/5: Syphoning Curse: When a cursed target is killed the slayer of that target is healed for 2% of your weapon dmg.
    0/5: Power Of The Nine Hells: The dmg Buff provided by piller of power now last 5 seconds after you leave its area and allies now receive 50% of the buffs affect.

I went Human so have the 3 extra feats, and I put the +2 stat points into Con.

The AP gain from Energised Curse feels substantial in play - I can refill my AP really quickly even with my low Recovery and moderate Int. This allows me to use dailies far more regularly which I intend to do once I get TT. For PvP I intended to run No Pity, No Mercy and Warding Curse for more sustained DPS and extra mitigation, but I quite like your setup also.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • bananachefbananachef Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Having you considered 3/3 Desperate Restoration, 2/5 Determined Caster?

High HP, high regen, and repeated use of Warlock's Bargain; I find myself at low hp pretty often.
    2 GWFS, 3 TRs, 2 GFs, 1 HR, 1 CW
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Member Posts: 601 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    bananachef wrote: »

High HP, high regen, and repeated use of Warlock's Bargain; I find myself at low hp pretty often.

I would take soul reaping over desperate restoration any day.
  • voltomeyvoltomey Member Posts: 1,052 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    I would take soul reaping over desperate restoration any day.

Soul reaping only 270 LS its good but i want more recharge than any thing atm also and yes stacking HP is very valid but atm i am simply testing out other defensive stats.
    Gang Busters PvP Guild Recruiting When Mod 6 goes live Pm Me for more Info If you have any Paladin question Message Me and i will get back to you ASAP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2014
    bananachef wrote: »

yes if i were a human i would take it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • crystal892fcrystal892f Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Very nice guide. :)

But I have few questions:
    voltomey wrote: »
    Warlock's Bargain: Now this is staple it will reduce dmg done to use by 45% and it will redirect that back at the target
    Why 45%, if 15% are stated? Am I missing something? Is this a bug? If yes, I guess we can expect it to get fixed.
    Wraith's Shadow: You summon shadows to smother your foe in a sickly mass of darkness, reducing their outgoing damage, and dealing damage over time you can also activate the skill again to stop the DoT and apply a immobilize.
    Do you have any info on by how much the outgoing damage is reduced?

And I have another thought: It might not be smart to have both WB and WS on the target at the same time. Because if WS reduces the targets damage, the damage it deals to himself because of WB is also lower. So it might be smarter to use those 2 powers after one another.
    This is a CC A DoT and sence its necrotic dmg A HoT as well some people dont like it i love it
    What do you mean by "since it's necrotic damage it's also a HoT"? Isn't ALL damage done by us basically a HoT because of Lifesteal?
  • noweff8noweff8 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Is a CON-INT Build
    It works well whit CON - CHA Stats?
    Does a Tief a good race choice too?
    Sorry for my english :(
    edited August 2014
    45% is a typo lolz
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2014
    Very nice guide. :)

But I have few questions:

Why 45%, if 15% are stated? Am I missing something? Is this a bug? If yes, I guess we can expect it to get fixed.

Do you have any info on by how much the outgoing damage is reduced?

And I have another thought: It might not be smart to have both WB and WS on the target at the same time. Because if WS reduces the targets damage, the damage it deals to himself because of WB is also lower. So it might be smarter to use those 2 powers after one another.

What do you mean by "since it's necrotic damage it's also a HoT"? Isn't ALL damage done by us basically a HoT because of Lifesteal?

45 was a typo on my part sorry for the confusion

No you want the targets dmg reduced as lows as possible and any incoming dmg he dose do to you 15% of it will go right back to him

I think i worded that badly yes since WS is necrotic dmg it will be you HoT WB will also and yes life steal will also factor in.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2014
    I started working fire ball into my build for AoE power interaction
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2014
    I've recently switched in Flame Burst on my levelling 'lock. I've got pretty adept at using WC and I spread Lesser Curses pretty effectively so I'm getting the boosted version more often than not. I like it.
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Darquess - Soulbinder
    edited August 2014
    For me im going with 1/2 orc and +2 to str. Why the puppet looks good i have a feeling it will be floor goo in endgame dd's.
    It's 100% immune to all AoE and 80% resistant to all other damage.

So, no. It's remarkably difficult to kill and you summon another practically instantly anyway with the Domination capstone.
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Darquess - Soulbinder
    edited August 2014
    Currently My soul puppet crits for almost 3k I ALSO started using other power interactions flame bolts is so fun. The Puppet will also heal itself for 100% of my weapon dmg when ever it kills a cursed target and it curses targets with its auto attack so much synergy with damnation its not funny
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ucanthandleucanthandle Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Which profound sets you think will work best for damnation? Was thinking going 2/2 because the set bonus doesnt seem that great. A killing flame would kill the target anyway when they are low. At first though of Bane armor but im not sure how really high hp will work. I'm afraid if i get too high of hp it will make WB almost unusable how much it will hurt. At 40k hp thats 6k damage just for using it.
  • brishenbrishen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Why Int over Cha? Won't Cha combat advantage help with you and the soul puppet? Especially if you use 'no pity, no mercy'? and the crit chance from Cha is nice too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2014
    brishen wrote: »
    Why Int over Cha? Won't Cha combat advantage help with you and the soul puppet? Especially if you use 'no pity, no mercy'? and the crit chance from Cha is nice too.

Beacuse Cha is broken and i can stack crit just as easily i would rather have High Int and ConOver cha and cha is broken
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hunt3r1992hunt3r1992 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Beacuse Cha is broken and i can stack crit just as easily i would rather have High Int and ConOver cha and cha is broken

I dont know that xD
    so is better focused in CON/INT and CHA as a secundary stat?
    edited August 2014
    well if you want a high crit build go Cha I use Int cause i want faster CD and resistance ignored
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • twoedge1twoedge1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited August 2014

CHA is broken? what is wrong with it?
    edited August 2014
    twoedge1 wrote: »
    CHA is broken? what is wrong with it?

Cha combat advantage is kinda borked and any feat that's has to do with CA any way there is a major bug with soulpuppets atm to the point were you can have 8 out at the same time and its very funny to see in pvp
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zookzikszookziks Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I just played against a guy in PvP that was most likely using a build like this. The guy had like 10+ soul puppets out and was unstoppable. Be careful using this though, it will no doubt be beat to death with a nerf bat I'm willing to bet.
    edited August 2014
    zookziks wrote: »
    I just played against a guy in PvP that was most likely using a build like this. The guy had like 10+ soul puppets out and was unstoppable. Be careful using this though, it will no doubt be beat to death with a nerf bat I'm willing to bet.

the ten soul puppet thing is a bug your only suppose to be able to use 1 at a time
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2014
    the ten soul puppet thing is a bug your only suppose to be able to use 1 at a time
    Is this since yesterday's patch that was supposed to fix puppet despawning?
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Darquess - Soulbinder
    edited August 2014
    Is this since yesterday's patch that was supposed to fix puppet despawning?

yes it is and its the mod annoying as hell and funnest thing you ever saw
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2014
    yes it is and its the mod annoying as hell and funnest thing you ever saw
    I've just seen some screen shots. Lol. ;)

Seems the original puppet will now rez the SW on death with a whole 1hp AND spawn a second puppet. The SW will die almost immediately, leading to another rez, another puppet, then another death... you get the picture.

It's astonishing that something could be broken so badly while trying to fix a minor irritation.
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Darquess - Soulbinder
    edited August 2014
    I've just seen some screen shots. Lol. ;)

Seems the original puppet will now rez the SW on death with a whole 1hp AND spawn a second puppet. The SW will die almost immediately, leading to another rez, another puppet, then another death... you get the picture.

It's astonishing that something could be broken so badly while trying to fix a minor irritation.
    Yeah its quite funny look i was having fun with this earlier today my man at arms was photo bombing my thriller moment
    9ht8jk.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • brishenbrishen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Cha combat advantage is kinda borked and any feat that's has to do with CA any way there is a major bug with soulpuppets atm to the point were you can have 8 out at the same time and its very funny to see in pvp

What exactly do you mean by 'borked'? In what way is CA not working as intended?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fizbadfizbad Member Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    What exactly do you mean by 'borked'? In what way is CA not working as intended?
    I was going to ask that, too. Looking at my char sheet, it seems to be possible to stack a CA stat, though it's not getting converted into % anywhere, so I'm not sure what to make of it.
  • surged28surged28 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I noticed that Scornful Curse no longer says increases damage of curse effects. It now says increases damage of lesser curse and deadly curse. So this means it wont affect things like warlock bargain anymore. Is it still something to use (as it still affects lesser curse)? or would points be better spent elsewhere now?
    edited August 2014
    CHA does not add the correct percentage to CA damage - I think it adds around 1/10th of the value it should. Other CA boosting feats and features have the same issue or just plain don't work at all. As a result, building to maximise CA damage is a bad idea at the moment.
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Darquess - Soulbinder