Install Arc
Options

Tyranny of Dragons Preview Patch Notes NW.25.2014081a.4

13»

Comments

• Options
    ucanthandleucanthandle Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Is there any way to code the blue dragon glyphs to only work on being hit. Like if someone casts a dot for it only to proc off the first hit, not every single one. Dotting someone should not risk taking as much damage or more than what you deal because of a glyph, even if it is dropped to once per second. Without this change dot classes will still be in a huge disadvantage.
  • Options
    yuccapalmyuccapalm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 195 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    I think you still angry from the beatings you took from HRs on your GWF.

Some skills need a target to trigger. Such as Entangle for example.

Some skills do not. There are multiple reasons why Fox Shift should function as it did in Module 3.

Another trash HR who can't faceroll fox shift anymore xD. It's not like you need the free 10-15k damage to kill a perma invis TR.
  • Options
    cheesegromitcheesegromit Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    nwnghost wrote: »
    21.Professions: Ingame, but not gateway, professions upon login complete slowly 1 by 1 https://www.dropbox.com/s/8x1dqjcoho...sionsLogin.avi

Noticed this as well. My first thought was that it's an intended change for anti-botting reasons. It's an annoyance though, so great if it's actually a bug and gets changed back.
    yuccapalm wrote: »
    Rofl. ''Feedback: My spell is useless if im too stupid to time it.'' xD. Almost any spell is useless if you accidently use it - get used to it or play monopoly with your family :D

Still whilst the post is the usual internet exageration I've found it fairly easy to trigger fox shift and have it do nothing because you're just out of range of enemies. In the past when it didn't go on cool-down if it did nothing this was not a problem. I was happy when I saw it needed a target although I've not played my HR since mod 4 came out so can't comment on that change in actual play. I'm somewhat intrigued why it's now being reversed.
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    ToD quest giver in PE sends people back to Neverdeath despite working on the campaign task for Ebon Downs.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    cryptfoundationcryptfoundation Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Another trash HR who can't faceroll fox shift anymore xD. It's not like you need the free 10-15k damage to kill a perma invis TR.

You're so sad. If you're actually a good player and not a 9k GS fool with 23k HP then you're not gonna get hit for 10k with fox shift
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Feedback: Any words on constricting? And can you please tell us why you did this with fox shift (not just upcoming changes but all changes) was there a bug? Did you just not like the way it was working? Because every HR loved fox shift and being able to spam it and find invisible players... Also I liked just spamming it out of combat it was like I was moving so fast that you couldn't see my character. But if you're gonna change it to make it so that if you accidentally mess up it goes on cooldown you should've just left it the way it was at the beginning of this mod.
  • Options
    koolywampuskoolywampus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    OK here's the Kooly report:

1. I was unable to log on at all on live. The patch worked on that. Thanks.

2.The popup windows look terrible.

3. Overall graphics are pretty bad. Although part of that might be on my end. I'm running at the minimum requirements. So I represent the majority of players who are on older machines.

4. Lag and stutter are very pronounced. Only a few rubberbandings.

5. After about 45 min. to an hour the popups stopped responding at all. I.E. I could bring them up but when I clicked a tab nothing happened. I was forced to bring up my Task Manager in order to log out.

Overall from what I saw it looks great. I hope you can get these fixes to live soon.

Thats all from here. This is Koolywampus signing off.
    Oppohere draconem est preherndere vitam.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    You're so sad. If you're actually a good player and not a 9k GS fool with 23k HP then you're not gonna get hit for 10k with fox shift

45% defense and mod 2 fox shift crited me for 15k+ now it still hits for 10k + maybe get some power/armor pen or learn to play your class? I understand the spell was nice for hanicapped people like you who can't time or aim fox shift but now things changed. You look like one of the people who also relied on the broken PvP set and op constricting arrow. Get used to the new HR who requires slightly more skill.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    45% defense and mod 2 fox shift crited me for 15k+ now it still hits for 10k + maybe get some power/armor pen or learn to play your class? I understand the spell was nice for hanicapped people like you who can't time or aim fox shift but now things changed. You look like one of the people who also relied on the broken PvP set and op constricting arrow. Get used to the new HR who requires slightly more skill.

That's a lie.. Please tell me your class, unless you're in PvE gear and went against an 8k power HR with 2k crit (No hunter ranger even gets crit that high anymore) Then that's a lie. You need to L2P your class. You're such a dumb *** "OP Constricting Arrow" Proved it all .Go get bent you dumb ****
  • Options
    edited August 2014

Just looked you up, you have 26k HP, in Rank 5's and 4's, you have all green artifacts and you only have radiants and darks, so I may not know all that much about DR (Only have 26.4) But I'm pretty sure that it's not possible to get to 45% DR on a TR who has no defense enchants and your defense is like 700. ROFL You're such a liar.. You're just trying to nerf the class because they kill you. Once you get 30k HP then start talking.

Sorry I had to edit: I looked like one of the people who abused the HR set? Okay and you're one of the people who are abusing perma stealth...
  • Options
    vampirecavyvampirecavy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    And people wonder why it sometimes seems like devs don't pay attention to the feedback here...
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Just looked you up, you have 26k HP, in Rank 5's and 4's, you have all green artifacts and you only have radiants and darks, so I may not know all that much about DR (Only have 26.4) But I'm pretty sure that it's not possible to get to 45% DR on a TR who has no defense enchants and your defense is like 700. ROFL You're such a liar.. You're just trying to nerf the class because they kill you. Once you get 30k HP then start talking.

Sorry I had to edit: I looked like one of the people who abused the HR set? Okay and you're one of the people who are abusing perma stealth...

First of all TR is not my main, my main is GWF. You say I ''abuse'' perma stealth but you can't abuse it because it is not bugged + perma stealth is countered by other TR's GWF's HR's and tanky DC's. You call me a dumb **** because I say constricting arrow was op? Then why it was nerfed? Devs obv. think it was op too. You call me a liar because you randomly saw me playing my TR not my GWF + you insulted me - you make yourself look like a raging troll.
  • Options
    koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    Feedback: Any words on constricting? And can you please tell us why you did this with fox shift (not just upcoming changes but all changes) was there a bug? Did you just not like the way it was working? Because every HR loved fox shift and being able to spam it and find invisible players... Also I liked just spamming it out of combat it was like I was moving so fast that you couldn't see my character. But if you're gonna change it to make it so that if you accidentally mess up it goes on cooldown you should've just left it the way it was at the beginning of this mod.

wow nerdrage.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    First of all TR is not my main, my main is GWF. You say I ''abuse'' perma stealth but you can't abuse it because it is not bugged + perma stealth is countered by other TR's GWF's HR's and tanky DC's. You call me a dumb **** because I say constricting arrow was op? Then why it was nerfed? Devs obv. think it was op too. You call me a liar because you randomly saw me playing my TR not my GWF + you insulted me - you make yourself look like a raging troll.

LOL. If you're getting critted for 10k as a GWF with 45% defense then you're doing it wrong. They've nerfed fox shift since Mod2 and so you shouldn't be getting hit for that much anymore. So you're lying either way. You look like a raging troll but I ask you to please show me a video of you being critted for 10-15k with fox shift. Include your gear and all of your stats including HP
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    LOL. If you're getting critted for 10k as a GWF with 45% defense then you're doing it wrong. They've nerfed fox shift since Mod2 and so you shouldn't be getting hit for that much anymore. So you're lying either way. You look like a raging troll but I ask you to please show me a video of you being critted for 10-15k with fox shift. Include your gear and all of your stats including HP

You make me laugh. If you play HR you know fox shift could do up to 14-18k+ if all 4 strikes crit and now still 10-12k with crits depending on enemy defense. So please stop trying to troll me - keep on posting how ''nerfed'' HR is mb they'll give u constricting arrow or no cd fox shift back.
  • Options
    magiquepursemagiquepurse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Yucca is actually a good GWF all Internet dirt-throwing aside. HRs were OP and still are quite powerful.

Fox Shift change is still a very bad change.
  • Options
    jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    feedback re. Foxshift change

Considering its importance to the HR for both burst melee damage and immunity frames, and its position as about the last power given as an HR progresses to level 60, at the very least if it misses it should have a reduced CD, in the same manner as the GWF encounter takedown. Or a slightly widened circle of aimbot autohit, preferably both.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • Options
    ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    zastrel wrote: »
    Please do it!

Orb of imposition: Increases the duration of your control powers by 15% (like in m3)
    Feats: Oppressor - Shatter Strike: This feat now causes Orb of Imposition to grant 5 times more control time in addition to its other effects. (Orb of imposition: Increases the duration of your control powers by 75%, like you do with gwf Unstoppable)

Because it's not good that wizards simultaneously have huge damage and permanent control

This seems like a good idea. Mostly because now all CWs have a lot of CC, even if they are damage specced. Otherwise I foresee a nerf that would hit all specs, even Oppressors (that don't deserve it, since they already give up on a lot of damage).

Maybe 15% base is too low, make it 25% (10+7,5+7,5), that would also make Shatter Strike increase it by 3x, not 5x (that seems a bit too much for a single feat that already does other things)
  • Options
    asmodeus451asmodeus451 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    pitshade wrote: »
    ToD quest giver in PE sends people back to Neverdeath despite working on the campaign task for Ebon Downs.

i to am having this issue, any word on a fix?
    Tenebris lux mea est
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    i to am having this issue, any word on a fix?

THis is actually even worse...even after you have unlocked the Icespire tasks, you only get the extra qyests there the first time, after that it is only Ghost Stories again, every day.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    zankardzankard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    <Full sized rage removed>

Just a glance at your post and I never even read it. You know, when you decide to rage with huge fonts it's also the time your post loses all credibility.
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    And people wonder why it sometimes seems like devs don't pay attention to the feedback here...

even on the thread you have people arguing amongst themselves....so which feedback do you want cryptic to take, yours?
  • Options
    candinho2candinho2 Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    panderus wrote: »
    It should at least prevent a Duelists Flurry from melting the attacking Rogue, we can make further adjustments if needed.

so no fix for warlock dread legion weapon set, it still doesn't have 2/2 set bonus
  • Options
    regulusknighrregulusknighr Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Classes and Balance
    • Control Wizard
      • Assailing Force: This feat may now be resisted and deflected in PVP.
      • Repel: Adjusted Timings to Repel to prevent it from being cancelled after a foe has been pushed. Foes should no longer randomly resist this power too much.
    • Hunter Ranger
      • Fox Shift: Can now be used without a target again and will properly go on cooldown when used, regardless of whether it hits targets.
      • Rain of Arrows: This power no longer builds AP when cast out of combat.
      • Seismic Shot: Will no longer fire a low resolution humanoid figure when at low video settings.
    • Scourge Warlock
      • Soul Puppet: Soul Puppets now correctly despawn when their summoner is killed.
      • Warlock's Curse: Curse will now correctly clean up when a target dies.

Content and Environment
    • Dread Ring: There is no longer invisible collision on the path leading from the Vanguard Camp to the Ribcage.

Enemies
    • Resolved a few cases where enemies could not find a path to players ins some rare cases.

Items and Economy
    • Black Ice Shaping Profession tool upgrades are now back to Level 3.
    • Blue Dragon Glyph: Once the Aspect of Lightning buff is active, the damage reflection proc can now only occur once per second.
    • Oghmas Token of Free Movement now has a proper cooldown length at Legendary quality.
    • The Rod of Imperial Restraint artifact has a decreased drop rate for participation less than Great Success in the Venfithar (Rothe Valley) and Vilithrax (Whispering Caverns) Heroic Encounters. Great Success in the Heroic Encounters remains the same.
    • There is now a set bonus for the Scourge Warlock Dread Ring set.
    • Tyranny of Dragons: Faction cloaks are now properly free to transmute as they state they are.

Performance and Stability
    • Resolved an issue that prevented the Wine from properly compiling graphics shaders and causing client crashes for both Linux and Mac (please note, we do not support Wine, Linux or Mac as official platforms).
    • Resolved an issue with some AMD processors having stuttering issues.
    • Resolved some client crashes that were affected some shader model 2.0 video cards.

User Interface
    • Foundry map icons now have a nice round border treatment again on the overworld map.
    • Item and power chat linking works consistently again.

When will they fix the bug shell GF? He is not giving immunity to CC !!!
  • Options
    rheeparkrheepark Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I on a few occasions died from these glyphs going infinite. All i did was activate supremacy of steel, and 434234234 dmg floaters popped up my screen froze and i was dead in about 1 second.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Yucca is actually a good GWF all Internet dirt-throwing aside. HRs were OP and still are quite powerful.

Fox Shift change is still a very bad change.

He obviously knows nothing about the class. Fox shift does not have 4 hits and it does have a cool down and it doesn't hit for 18k so he gets no credibility and I'm doubting yours
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    zankard wrote: »
    Just a glance at your post and I never even read it. You know, when you decide to rage with huge fonts it's also the time your post loses all credibility.

Lol if you would've read it you would've realized I wasn't raging I was giving my suggestions in a big font so devs would notice it
  • Options
    koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    i leik drinking tactic's tears
  • Options
    nezraalnezraal Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Thanks Ghost, I am double checking we already have bugs filed. A couple are fixed with this build or will be released next week.

Hello sir,

Can you please check on the 3 second CW nuke (bug, which was apparently fixed before release but never really worked), so trolls like me stop writing walls of text ? :) All other classes are complaining and going on rage posts. Please check feedback and class forums to verify so all classes work, as intended!

Also a software development should use proper testing instead of ignoring the feedbacks. It's better to have fixed working features over new features and a rushed delivery date. Players understand, and are patient. Otherwise it's one frustrating experience!

Thanks

p.s Thank you for fixing the epic graphic lag overclocking my GPU.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    He obviously knows nothing about the class. Fox shift does not have 4 hits and it does have a cool down and it doesn't hit for 18k so he gets no credibility and I'm doubting yours

You obviously didn't read my post. I said in mod 2 it did 4 hits with around 5k each one (if crit). I'd say rage less and read better.
This discussion has been closed.