Install Arc
Options

Mod 4 broke game completly

2»

Comments

• Options
    xxleyanxxxxleyanxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Dungeon chest loot are fixed. You can get different items now instead of the same ones every run.
    Synnove ~ Full PvE CW
    Emeril ~ PvP HR
  • Options
    query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Mod4 by the numbers.
    My CW is silly. Everything is frozen all the time. He's actually working about the way my GWF did in Mod3. Just hit the same buttons in the same sequence and everything dies.
    My Hr is DPSing slightly better but all attempts at hybrid play are worthless. A lot more split shot and a lot less tab fest. There just is not enough recovery in hte new feats.
    My GF is pretty much the same. Actually I think switching to GPF has had more effect on her than Mod4 did.
    My GWF is arguablyt more fun. Still IV dest I just need to manuever more and actually look at the screen when I am playing him. DPS is still decent.
    SW is new enough that I am unsure. Curse seems to work OK. Post-60 endgame I don't have a lot of faith in the soul puppets but I'd love to be wrong about that.
    The dragons are meh. I've yet to have anything like a challenging fight with any of them. Hopefuilly the new skirms will put up more of a fight?
    I can't say for PVP as my time is limites and there is a whole new boon tree to exploit. When there's time I abude how broken CW is to try and finish the PVP campaign while it is still in easy mode.
  • Options
    skillet37skillet37 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    xxleyanxx wrote: »
    Dungeon chest loot are fixed. You can get different items now instead of the same ones every run.

Which is why one of the oldest dungeons, Cloak Tower, every boss in that dungeon drops the same gear for the same particular class (TR) 99.999999999999% of the time.
  • Options
    zshikarazshikara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    skillet37 wrote: »
    Which is why one of the oldest dungeons, Clock Tower, every boss in that dungeon drops the same gear for the same particular class (TR) 99.999999999999% of the time.

Clock tower is a solo dungeon you get at the end of the storyline in Neverdeath graveyard.

What you most likely mean is Cloak tower. That's the 5 man dungeon that's located in the Blacklake district I believe.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Join the legit channel by visiting http://goo.gl/1zfnTS to apply!
    Performing ritual pony sacrifices to Tiamat to earn favor with the RNG Gods since 2014.
  • Options
    skillet37skillet37 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    zshikara wrote: »
    Cloak tower is a solo dungeon you get at the end of the storyline in Neverdeath graveyard.

What you most likely mean is Cloak tower. That's the 5 man dungeon that's located in the Blacklake district I believe.

Correct. Thank you.
  • Options
    ezasterezaster Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    So a ranged DPS glass cannon CONTROL DPS class, finally had what they were designed for.. and youre screaming nerf?

Your control ability with constricting was insane, and it lasted for how long?

Just quit playing already

well it just appears that you are here the one that cries, that constricting was OP, even if it wasn't... It was DODGEABLE, RESISTABLE and BLOCKABLE by GF's. and that spell wasn't even CCing for long, but just annoyingly ticking every 3 secs for 0,5sec or so.

There is a HUGE difference between 0,5secs every 3 secs for 9 secs and 3 spells that grant you control for OVER 6 secs total, that mostly are either stacking to proc or UNDODGEABLE, so please don't complain about 1 shidy CC we had that didn't even grant any control, but just disturbed enemy spells if he wasn't aware,

Also "glass cannon"... dude, there is a difference between creating something that can win 1v1 with a fair fight from both sides, and a broken shid that just controls someone for over 6secs and kills during this time with insane dmg, not even alowing the other side to perform even 1 attack.

Also... mod 4 broke PvP because of kinda p2w enchant - blue dragon, that procs for any dmg you deal....
    Yesterday I just killed myself by hitting someone, that didn't even TRY to hit me...
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I like the new mod so far, only doing the dailies, and fighting dragons is a lot of fun so far.
    I haven't tried teh new belts or the new enchants yet. Even though some dailies reuse old instances (like ghost stories) I'm glad we can visit some of those places again, it sucks to be able to visit so many places just once.
    About class balance, I can't say much, I think CWs are doing too much damage in PVP and PVE, but I'm glad they finally have more control, which is what they should have, I think that if their damage was lowered in PVP people would complain less.
    The foundry didn't get much new assets (which is understandable since we don't really have new areas with new graphics) but some small things were fixed, I hope we'll see some new stuff for the foundry, so more people will use it.
    I'm waiting for Mod 5 so TRs and DCs can get some dev love too!
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    xxleyanxxxxleyanxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    skillet37 wrote: »
    Which is why one of the oldest dungeons, Cloak Tower, every boss in that dungeon drops the same gear for the same particular class (TR) 99.999999999999% of the time.
    I'm afraid we're talking about different things, :l I'm talking about the dungeon chest at the end of a dungeon which you can unlock with a dungeon key or DD hours not the boss drops.
    Synnove ~ Full PvE CW
    Emeril ~ PvP HR
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    xxleyanxx wrote: »
    I'm afraid we're talking about different things, :l I'm talking about the dungeon chest at the end of a dungeon which you can unlock with a dungeon key or DD hours not the boss drops.

Well, in CT (and most other dungeons) there are a few boss drops that are for a specific class, and seem to have a high probability of dropping. In CT there are 4 such TR-specific boss drops (Tribal Bracers, Many Arrow Armors, Boots of the Chieftain and Bloodscar's Armor), but only two boss drops that are specific to other classes (GWF Club of Ogrekind and DC Totem of Gruumsh), so yeah...it might indeed appear as if the CT bosses are dropping TR gear all the time. However, other dungeons favour other classes in a similar way.

The other issue - the non-random end chest loot is indeed totally separate, but it seems fixed now - at least for some people-I have gotten different loot the last few times I have run PK, for example.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    cayappcayapp Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    As for the chest working...I can attest that the chest are now working. I have ran numorous t2 dungeons for my SW since hitting 60. I have gotten a variety or rings and necklaces both t1 and t2, and one complete t2, half of another, and could of made at least one or 2 t1 sets for SW. And yes I have gotten the same item back to back with all these runs. That is just called bad luck.

I have ran them back to back and staggered. So yes folks they are work, remember the evil RNG monster you cannot slay may be working against you. My first a CW, when the game first start ran TOS well over 100...yes 100 times and never once saw a t2 armor drop from the chest. Talk about RNG.
  • Options
    dnn259dnn259 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I think I might take a break until mod 5. CWs are so ridiculously broken now. Basically if the CW lands his first CC, you're pretty much dead unless you have no CC break or that new artifact. Yep, I'm talking about a whole 5-6 seconds of Crowd Control here, I'm a 14k GS with 20% tenacity and 26k HP Whisperknife TR (yes, I do have a CC break called Vengeance Pursuit but guess what? It sucks, just compare it with other CC break skills and you will understand) and I normally die at the 4th or 5th second if the CW is well-geared. Heavily geared GWFs used to do that but not anymore and they're melee. I'm just so frustrated right now.
    Also, take a look at the leaderboard and you'll see. Either most kills or most wins, CWs are accounted for 3/5 in the first 10 pages (should be even more if more pages are taking into consideration). There are 20 players in the "most kill" first page, and 12 of them are CWs. 8 other players are from 6 other classes. Was it like this before module 4? No.
    So yea, I hope I made my point. This is my first Cryptic/PWE game, anyway. I didn't know what to expect but I guess I do, now.
    See you guys in the next Module.