test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

My Rogue can't shift

rainbowtrenchesrainbowtrenches Member Posts: 8 Arc User
A while after I hit level 8, my trickster rogue became completely unable to shift. When I tried to dodge in any direction or by hitting shift, I got the "you must equip a weapon" message whether I had 0, 1 or 2 weapons equipped. All my other abilities didn't work without weapons and did work with them, as you'd expect- just shifting is completely unusable. I submitted a bug report ticket but that didn't show up in my tickets, so I submitted a GM ticket and they said I should try the forums. Since we can't do attachments, I have an imgur link for the screenshot-http://imgur.com/hMgoLtd.
Post edited by rainbowtrenches on

Comments

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    That's very strange. Can you still dodge by double-tapping a movement key? That would be a first indicator if it's a problem with the shift key specifically or with your dodges in general.

Also, have you checked your keybinds? I realize there's no reason that they'd have changed, but sometimes weird things happen.

I assume this is a bug in the live game, not on the test server, correct? (You posted in the bug forum for the test server.)
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • rainbowtrenchesrainbowtrenches Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    No, I can't dodge by double-tapping the movement keys, using the shift key, or typing in /+tacticalspecial. I get the "You must equip a weapon" error message every time (and the appropriate keybinds or toggles are there in the options menu). And this is on the beta server NeverwinterPreview (which is why the GM's told me to post on this forum).

This also isn't a problem with my keyboard or activating tactical special on the beta server in general, since my warlock on the same server can activate his sprint by double-tapping or shift just fine.
  • midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Have you tried changing your weapons around to see if it is simply the one you are using is bugged?
    edited July 2014
    Yep- tried shifting every weapon in my inventory (varying from green to gray quality) into both of the slots. No difference. That was part of testing the 0 1 or 2 weapons bit.
  • midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Yep- tried shifting every weapon in my inventory (varying from green to gray quality) into both of the slots. No difference. That was part of testing the 0 1 or 2 weapons bit.

I'm lost then; just copied my TR to preview and my dodge was working for me, so I don't know.
    edited July 2014
    So, I decided to delete this rogue and try creating another one- and I ran into the same bug after I'd gotten stuck in a wall by using deft strike and was only able to get unstuck by relogging (stuck and killme being nonfunctional). I went ahead and had the character die, but still ran into the unable to dodge issue- but this time, I was able to deal with it by swapping the main hand weapon out (apparently parrying dagger (as shown here) caused the issue whenever I swapped it into main hand while the character was level 8, but not after. Maybe it's supposed to be a level 9 weapon?).
  • abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    How strange. It would be interesting to know if it also occurs on live but just hasn't been caught yet, since it apparently took very specific circumstances to trigger it again.
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • astr0zombi3astr0zombi3 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Im Having the exact same problem ,im level 30 so switching the weapons out works?
  • khanorikunkhanorikun Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Im Having the exact same problem ,im level 30 so switching the weapons out works?

im having the exact bug also... and the last thing i did before having this bug is to purchase an item on the auction house. i will try to change it and see if it works... ill come back here for some solutions
    edited August 2014
    okey now i got it...... because of that item i bought in the AH - auction house... it is the cause of my shifting problem....

my conclusion.
    - the item i bought on auction house might be used already by the own who sold it. which means it is already bond to it. which causes the one who bought it some problems due to it didnt recognized it as your item by still by the sellers item since it was bond to him already.
    - or the cruel dagger is really the bug/glitch of this game.
  • cullain1cullain1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    khanorikun wrote: »
    im having the exact bug also... and the last thing i did before having this bug is to purchase an item on the auction house. i will try to change it and see if it works... ill come back here for some solutions

same here - stranded, basically - lvl 54 (trickster)
  • chewy9000xchewy9000x Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    cullain1 wrote: »
    same here - stranded, basically - lvl 54 (trickster)

I am having the same problem. I have switch to different weapons but it still has the same problem. I have died to clear the error. Didn't work. I have swap order of weapons. Nothing seems to fix the issue. Any other ideas?
  • chewy9000xchewy9000x Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Forgot to say Im a level 17 (trickster)
  • auzumauzum Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The problem is the dagger combination, both the pictures of your 2 daggers in the character sheet must face opposite ways.
    It took me 3 hours to figure this out :s
  • cullain1cullain1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    auzum wrote: »
    The problem is the dagger combination, both the pictures of your 2 daggers in the character sheet must face opposite ways.

auzum

You genius - I don't think I would have ever got there :)

Having the daggers at opposite angles worked - pain as I gotta 'lose' a good dagger - but my Michael Jackson move is back!!

Thank you kindly.
    edited August 2014

hahahaha lmao.... now i know... it follow the left right hand handling
  • kzlskzls Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    TO confirm, this bug still exists.... Had a rogue on Live who had this problem earlier, I linked them this fix and it worked. What a silly bug =(
  • auzumauzum Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'm not so sure it is a bug. More of a undocumented 1st hand 2nd hand weapon configuration.
    My Theroy:
    They didn't want to have right only and left daggers. but still wanted to have a right and a left combination. But not dance with two left feet.
  • nashtiashnashtiash Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014

What an observer Auzum!!! This is the problem.
  • asterdahlasterdahl Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,258 Cryptic Developer
    edited August 2014
    We have recently become aware of this issue and are working to resolve it. In the meantime I wanted to take a brief moment to share with you all what the exact problem is and how you can avoid the issue in the meantime.

With the release of Tyranny of Dragons, random uncommon and rare drops found throughout the world were replaced by newer items with more clear and straightforward stat distributions. Unfortunately, some of the new Trickster Rogue weapons are missing a special flag that is required in order to activate the ability “shift.” Fortunately Trickster Rogue can dual wield, and if at least one of your daggers has the correct flag you will be able to shift normally. The difficult part is identifying which daggers are the culprit so that you do not have two equipped at the same time.

Thankfully the problem daggers can be identified, albeit via an obscure method. Look at the bottom of the tooltip for your dagger, if the categories immediately above the required class appear as “Weapon, Blade” this is one of the affected daggers. However, if the categories appear as “Blade, Weapon” this dagger is not affected. This only affects new random drop daggers with names like “+4 Piercing Dagger” or “+3 Piercing Dagger of Protection.” If your dagger came from a quest or has an otherwise unique name, it should be safe regardless of what order the categories appear in.

Thank you all for taking the time to report the issue, and we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused!
  • mavis009mavis009 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    i thought i was the only one experiencing this.