test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Mod 4 broke game completly

matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
edited August 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Hi guys!

Before anyone strangles me, it's my personal experience so far!

PVE:

The new Mod campaign is sorry a huge recycled content so far. Not very impressed, that was the big fuss lol. Some said (i not, i still like the dailies in Sharandar and Dead Ring), that the dailies before were simply too fast and boring, sorry, but this recycled thing is worse!

And the dungeon chests are still bugged, sorry but we had to wait, because we heard, that we have to wait for the new Mod, total waist of game time. And i don't go into the many graphical bugs, flickering, pixels flowing all over, picture falling to pieces...

The new campaign doesn't scale good, even worse, than Icewind to classes, while an easy joke on a GWF a pain in the back with a DC, still, like Icewind is.

Warlock in it self is weak and it would be even weaker if we would go back into a Mod2 or earlier environment or if the other classes weren't nerfed.

Have 5 classes, GF, GWF, DC, CW and now a SW. I love them all, but let's see some quick details.

GF is cool now, but because DPS is still nowhere, only useable, because matchmaking puts it in and we got a few dungeons, like Frozen Heart, where he can come handy. Soloing is better i have to admit, but groups don't want him more, than before.

GWF, still rocks in any aspect!

DC still hard to play as far as fun goes!

CW less control on a control wizard, makes me laugh anytime i think of it. The most important powers were nerfed. The activation time on most important powers takes an eternity.

Warlock, well i don't like the fact, that is was made more valuable through nerfing other classes, not an elegant way of programming work.

PVP:

GF rocks, so does GWF.

GWF now so strong, that i had a GWF party member, who just stood the half game on a node and he nearly lost any major health points.

DC, still hard. PVP objectives should be modified accordingly to DC abilities. The same kill ratio can't be asked from a DC like from a GWF!

CW, if you are not in a premade team a pain now! Just look please dear Devs, how many people played the not so well balanced PVP before the new Mod and do now. CW is here in his worst element, the slow activation time and the CW being even worse squishy makes him an easy prey. When i first went into this new Mod 4 PVP, i was like i had dropped my chin, GFs run so easily over me and i couldn't do to much, before i had my slow powers activated i was pummeled to the ground, the rest wasn't fun, if i had a good team member i could recover, but if not, it was over. Shard being nerfed it dos little damage and

SW, i haven't played pvp with it, but my guildies say, he is weak in PVP and can be rolled over.

The worst thing is, that the GF ( who is my main) is now better in PVP, but still <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> for many DPS orientated dungeons.

Why can't be PVP balanced, it can't be so hard! Before the new Mod is suffered with my GF, now i suffer with my CW.

PVP is more than ever a game of clones, most players only with halfling (because of cc immunity), now how shall a normal CW handle the slower activation times and the more cc immunity, like the GWFs have now. Didn't meet too many CW or DC, just think why. HR is op as it was before.

How PVPers hate now the CW shows an example i had today, a HR player offered me 20 gold just to leave. I asked him/her why should i do that, cause we were leading. He said, because we CWs bring down the game now and he doesn't want to ruin his statistics. BIG LOL. If i were a big exploiter as many are sadly in the game, i could make a fortune now, by having 20 gold per run in PVP, just for standing around or jumping out.

PVE and PVP is worse than before, i still think that Mod2 and before it rules. Mod3 was a decline, but this new Mod4 is simply the lowest point in the game so far.

My new newbies always ask for help in the PVE campaign, because of the mentioned bad scaling to classes and PVP is widely not played by my guild and by many of my friends.

Simple move, turn back the classes and everything to the point of Mod2 or earlier, i admit it had it's balance issues, but better than this, mostly if you play PVP!

Thx guys for your patience and remember just my opinion.
The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
David Icke

Post edited by matthiasthehun76 on

Comments

• Options
    hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    Ok, well, first off, control is up, big-time, for CWs with Orb of Imposition.

Secondly, for pvp, here's what you do: Spec Thaum, feat into focused wizadry and assailing force. Use storm spell. Use icy roots and entangling force. Spam Ray of Frost when you're not using abilities.

There ya go, your nerfed CW is now OP.

Cast time isn't much of an issue since you can kill half the PVP populace just using ray of frost if you wanted to.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Um, I don't know what game you're playing -- maybe you need to respec?

Control Wizards had their "big damage" spells reduced a bit, but their control INCREASED.
    Apparently you can now two-man Lair of the Mad Dragon with a CW and fighter and the CW keeps nearly everything frozen most of the time. I know I've seen a whole lot more frozen mobs on my control wizard now that damage doesn't insta-break the freeze.

And I've just started my Scourge Warlock, but, at 10th level, I can waltz through a 15th level enemy without breaking a sweat or even getting scratched.

And "recycled" content? Where? The new dragon areas are all "new" -- they are accessible by traveling through existing zones, but then the whole area where the dragons are is "new."

...and, um, DRAGONS. Many, many, many more DRAGONS.
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    eldarth wrote: »
    And "recycled" content? Where? The new dragon areas are all "new" -- they are accessible by traveling through existing zones, but then the whole area where the dragons are is "new."

...and, um, DRAGONS. Many, many, many more DRAGONS.

The first instance daily is a completely recycled map, not sure on the others, the 2nd one seems different. The drakes themselves are largely recycled too. Doesn't really bother me.

Also low level does really say anything about how viable a class is. Personally my hr was pretty awesome at low levelled pve, however at later levels noone really wanted a hr. Though sw seem pretty good so far to me.
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Regarding the recycling comment - well, the first part of the campaign are new dragon HEs ... that's not recycled content as such - it is new content added to existing areas. The Second part (skirmish and dungeon) is brand new content - no recycling.

As for it being hard for DCs - well, it depends - an undergeared or underskilled DC may have problems with some parts of it, like the "Ghost Stories" quest, but apart from that, it is (mostly) fine.

There are a few really good things about module 4:

1) The Reinforcement kits give us a nice way to "fine-tune" our equipment and add missing stats.

2) Artifact belts/weapons are a really nice addition.

3) The boons are great - much better than in IWD.

4) The new skirmish and dungeon are nice and offer different challenges.

5) The SW and Dragonborn are a welcome addition.

However, there are 3 bad things about Module 4 from my perspective:

1: The HEs are a problem for DCs, and that is because of how difficult it is for DCs to get the "Great Success" result. That is virtually hopeless if there are many DCs around, but even if you are the only one, you risk not being able to outheal DPSers with massive Lifesteal. This is in particular bad for the Whispering Cavern and Rothé Valley dragons, as they have the best drop chances in general, but it seems to me the good drops go to the DPS classes all the time.

2: The Artifact belt/weapon refininig is flawed - purple items give too few points, compared to blue ones.

3: The new emperor clothes are a failure. They were nice originally, but the final change ruined them.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    baddeedsbaddeeds Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 74
    edited August 2014
    well my opinion is SW's will get rolled over in pvp because they are under geared compared to the other classes which have been played for awhile now . there gs and tencity geared is far superior then that of a Sw . well give it some time been only a few days since they have launched this mod and soon when people start trying the other content and gearing sw's to other class standards would make the mod more fun .
  • Options
    baddeedsbaddeeds Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 74
    edited August 2014
    dc's will always have a hard time because most of them are pure healing specs
  • Options
    flambridgeflambridge Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I totally disagree with what the OP said.

CW are more "heavy" actually, but are not "weaker".
    Some adjustments need to be made ​​in certain spells (to make useful) and only. The only problem is the nerf Singularity, but until partys are coping well without it.

SW is already too strong. I could CT solo playing in just over 30min. This in lv 60 is a "curse". XD
    The problem is that the SW has players who want to "control" with him, and that will not work. Focus in DPS and profit.

The content was cool, the campaign is slower and somewhat confused, but I think these factors are purposeful to give the feeling of "lost" as the story requires. HE should be rework same IWD , but the system is wrong and not the type of content. But I found it easier to get things in TD than in IWD.
  • Options
    ezasterezaster Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    for me CW's are broken totally right now...

My HR (that after briliant mod 4 patches has totally 0 CC) can be easily out CCed by this OP mage... Their CC combined with huge dmg is just something that should be nerfed. I got hit by CW for above 25k dmg on open world for no reason... not like I have a pretty tanky build combined with 33k hp...

Also i guess HR should have ANY CC ability, not those "roots" that really last less then 0,2sec on PvP and don't disable ranged classes from doing everything...
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    I wouldn't say it is broken unless you purely play PVP.

The module 4 content is just the same old boon grinding fest that doesn't really introduce NEW ENDGAME like module 3 did with open world PVP (which is sadly dead due to restrictions and lack of rewards)
  • Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Hi guys!

Before anyone strangles me, it's my personal experience so far!

PVE:

The new Mod campaign is sorry a huge recycled content so far. Not very impressed, that was the big fuss lol. Some said (i not, i still like the dailies in Sharandar and Dead Ring), that the dailies before were simply too fast and boring, sorry, but this recycled thing is worse!

And the dungeon chests are still bugged, sorry but we had to wait, because we heard, that we have to wait for the new Mod, total waist of game time. And i don't go into the many graphical bugs, flickering, pixels flowing all over, picture falling to pieces...

The new campaign doesn't scale good, even worse, than Icewind to classes, while an easy joke on a GWF a pain in the back with a DC, still, like Icewind is.

Warlock in it self is weak and it would be even weaker if we would go back into a Mod2 or earlier environment or if the other classes weren't nerfed.

Have 5 classes, GF, GWF, DC, CW and now a SW. I love them all, but let's see some quick details.

GF is cool now, but because DPS is still nowhere, only useable, because matchmaking puts it in and we got a few dungeons, like Frozen Heart, where he can come handy. Soloing is better i have to admit, but groups don't want him more, than before.

DC still hard to play as far as fun goes!

CW less control on a control wizard, makes me laugh anytime i think of it. The most important powers were nerfed. The activation time on most important powers takes an eternity.

Warlock, well i don't like the fact, that is was made more valuable through nerfing other classes, not an elegant way of programming work.

PVP:

GF rocks, so does GWF.

GWF now so strong, that i had a GWF party member, who just stood the half game on a node and he nearly lost any major health points.

DC, still hard. PVP objectives should be modified accordingly to DC abilities. The same kill ratio can't be asked from a DC like from a GWF!

CW, if you are not in a premade team a pain now! Just look please dear Devs, how many people played the not so well balanced PVP before the new Mod and do now. CW is here in his worst element, the slow activation time and the CW being even worse squishy makes him an easy prey. When i first went into this new Mod 4 PVP, i was like i had dropped my chin, GFs run so easily over me and i couldn't do to much, before i had my slow powers activated i was pummeled to the ground, the rest wasn't fun, if i had a good team member i could recover, but if not, it was over. Shard being nerfed it dos little damage and

SW, i haven't played pvp with it, but my guildies say, he is weak in PVP and can be rolled over.

The worst thing is, that the GF ( who is my main) is now better in PVP, but still <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> for many DPS orientated dungeons.

Why can't be PVP balanced, it can't be so hard! Before the new Mod is suffered with my GF, now i suffer with my CW.

PVP is more than ever a game of clones, most players only with halfling (because of cc immunity), now how shall a normal CW handle the slower activation times and the more cc immunity, like the GWFs have now. Didn't meet too many CW or DC, just think why. HR is op as it was before.

How PVPers hate now the CW shows an example i had today, a HR player offered me 20 gold just to leave. I asked him/her why should i do that, cause we were leading. He said, because we CWs bring down the game now and he doesn't want to ruin his statistics. BIG LOL. If i were a big exploiter as many are sadly in the game, i could make a fortune now, by having 20 gold per run in PVP, just for standing around or jumping out.

PVE and PVP is worse than before, i still think that Mod2 and before it rules. Mod3 was a decline, but this new Mod4 is simply the lowest point in the game so far.

My new newbies always ask for help in the PVE campaign, because of the mentioned bad scaling to classes and PVP is widely not played by my guild and by many of my friends.

Simple move, turn back the classes and everything to the point of Mod2 or earlier, i admit it had it's balance issues, but better than this, mostly if you play PVP!

Thx guys for your patience and remember just my opinion.

did u even played mod 4? gf is now awsome to have in team ,cw perma frezze everything and do more damage then before and broken op in pvp,gwf now is a bit weaker in pve and pvp can take a lot less damage ,dc is still great to have in pve teams ,sw do the best 1 target dps in game ,hr is the best aoe dps in pve and very good in pvp they only need to buff up tr and nerf dps of cw and game would be more balanced then ever before
  • Options
    zinsncabszinsncabs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    ezaster wrote: »

My HR (that after briliant mod 4 patches has totally 0 CC) can be easily out CCed by this OP mage... Their CC combined with huge dmg is just something that should be nerfed. I got hit by CW for above 25k dmg on open world for no reason... not like I have a pretty tanky build combined with 33k hp...

Also i guess HR should have ANY CC ability, not those "roots" that really last less then 0,2sec on PvP and don't disable ranged classes from doing everything...

Completely agree with both of these points.

In general, the fact that there are no real diminishing returns to crowd control in PvP is ridiculous. As far as CWs go, their control is out of control. It's the same thing over and over again - stunlock followed by heavy single target DPS and a very fast death. I'm not a proponent of nerfing, but you have to dial the cc back or the dps - they can't have both. Right now, a monkey can play a CW.

Also, HR CC is nominal to non-existent - contrast this with GWF 3 second stuns and all I can do is lolz. Anyway, I'm not trying to get GWFs nerfed, but how about a little balance? I'm not asking for a ranged 3 second stun, but how about a real single target root that runs a couple of seconds? Hey I know - how about giving us back what we had with Constricting Arrow? It wasn't much of a root, but it was a halfway decent interrupt. Or maybe something that gives us a little bit of cc and damage - like a snare with a three tick bleed or maybe a damage or haste debuff. Something.
    Elurion ben'Adar - 60 Wood Elf Hunter Ranger
    Silas - 60 Human Trickster Rogue

Ganking is good for the soul~
  • Options
    myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    warpet wrote: »
    did u even played mod 4? gf is now awsome to have in team ,cw perma frezze everything and do more damage then before and broken op in pvp,gwf now is a bit weaker in pve and pvp can take a lot less damage ,dc is still great to have in pve teams ,sw do the best 1 target dps in game ,hr is the best aoe dps in pve and very good in pvp they only need to buff up tr and nerf dps of cw and game would be more balanced then ever before

That's a pretty good summary of the class strengths and weaknesses.
    zinsncabs wrote: »
    In general, the fact that there are no real diminishing returns to crowd control in PvP is ridiculous. As far as CWs go, their control is out of control. It's the same thing over and over again - stunlock followed by heavy single target DPS and a very fast death. I'm not a proponent of nerfing, but you have to dial the cc back or the dps - they can't have both. Right now, a monkey can play a CW.

You have a point, but the Devs should NOT nerf the CW overall - simply modify effects and/or damage during PvP. The CW is just fine for PvE purposes.
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I think the OP is playing a different game to me.

My CW still destroys PvE content, just in a slightly different way. And she has more control, not less.
    My SW is still levelling but I levelled one to 60 on Preview and I can tell you they are NOT weak in PvE. Far from it. They just need to be played a little differently. In PvP they may struggle.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    deus69xxxdeus69xxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    zinsncabs wrote: »
    Completely agree with both of these points.

Also, HR CC is nominal to non-existent - contrast this with GWF 3 second stuns and all I can do is lolz. Anyway, I'm not trying to get GWFs nerfed, but how about a little balance? I'm not asking for a ranged 3 second stun, but how about a real single target root that runs a couple of seconds? Hey I know - how about giving us back what we had with Constricting Arrow? It wasn't much of a root, but it was a halfway decent interrupt. Or maybe something that gives us a little bit of cc and damage - like a snare with a three tick bleed or maybe a damage or haste debuff. Something.

Honestly, Why should any class have even have half the CC of a "Control" Wizard? Is there a "Control" Ranger Look, I'll agree CW's are hitting a bit harder than they should with certain things, but the class's shining feature is finally WORKING. It's awesome to CC something, and have it actually mean something, instead of being a 1/2 second special effect show.

And as far as SW's go, I sense some of their stuff being weighed for the chopping block. like that one thing that gives them more damage the more Action Points they have... but aside from certain things needing to hit a smidge softer, and an SW skill needing removal, this is pretty well tuned, not sure where everyone's getting their numbers or strange ideas about what their class should or shouldn't do.
  • Options
    cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Everything I've heard indicates that CWs and GWFs are doing just fine, despite the predictions of utter nerfing. GFs are suddenly tanking! SWs are face-melting - a guildie ran CN with one, and they topped the damage charts by a few *million*. Anecdotal, for sure, but I don't think good SW players will have a problem with DPS.

As for the rest of mod 4 - I like the idea of artifact weapons / belts. It's going to be pricey, but it's a nice goal to work towards. I'm enjoying the campaign, so far. Yes, more dailies, but it's nice to revisit some old zones, and I'm enjoying the dragon fights. At least I don't have to wait for a random Remo / Beholder spawn.

Overall, I'd say it's a very solid mod. Good content addition, good class fixes, some nice loot to get... just hope my DC gets some lovin' come mod5. ;-)
  • Options
    sexwax45sexwax45 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'm loving this mod SW is an awesome class so much fun to play and i can see them easily topping the charts, not to mention love the dragons HE's being all over the place just leveling i've done 10+ gotta say i been having a lot of fun in Mod4 game breaking hardly actually game enhancing is more like it.
  • Options
    aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The worst thing about mod4 (besides the state of renegades and shard) is that we have to go into PE at least twice a day.
  • Options
    masizin777masizin777 Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I posted this on another thread but here it is again.

"I am not sure but I heard this game was made with a version of UDK unreal engine, which is bugged out the ***. So, it is fair to say the entire game is bugged they have to work their ***** off to fix things with changing working programs in to glitched programs to to make them work. I.E. fixing and adding breaks some thing else."
  • Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Well.. I am kinda bummed out..
    I wanted to spend $140.00 to buy another greater barkshield to make a perfect, but I just can't bring myself to do it.
    Time out neverwinter... time out..
    I log in just to do dragon campaign daily quests, few rounds of open world pvp and then that's all.
    Time out neverwinter... time out..

See you all in Mod 5
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I don't know where the op is getting that SW's don't have good damage. I've been running multiple SW dungeons lately and the mobs are melting.
  • Options
    yourtormentyourtorment Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    ezaster wrote: »

So a ranged DPS glass cannon CONTROL DPS class, finally had what they were designed for.. and youre screaming nerf?

Your control ability with constricting was insane, and it lasted for how long?

Just quit playing already
  • Options
    damnataanimusdamnataanimus Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    baddeeds wrote: »
    dc's will always have a hard time because most of them are pure healing specs

I have gotten great succes's everytime on my temptation (healing) SW - after the dragons do a big ae all I see is massive amounts of green numbers fly off of people - I kinda feel sorry for the DC's who are trying to heal people as my lifesteal healing heals everyone up super fast. xD
    May the RNG Gods smile on you today!
    Adorable Temptress - 23.4k Temptation SW
    Mara Angelbane - 22k Thaum CW, Vaya Con Dios 15.2k Dragon CW.
    Mara Shadowskiss - 21.5k Destroyer GWF, Mara - 17.2k Sentinel GWF
    Mara Duskwalker - 15.4k Healing DC
    Mara Hawkeye -14.6k HR
    Mara Spiritforge - 16.9k Tanky GF
    Bad Religion - 14.7k Pew Pew DC
    Mara Shadowstouch,Maara - TR's
  • Options
    zshikarazshikara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I am absolutely loving Mod 4 so far. I play a DC and I really don't have much issue soloing most soloable content. Cleric for life for me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Join the legit channel by visiting http://goo.gl/1zfnTS to apply!
    Performing ritual pony sacrifices to Tiamat to earn favor with the RNG Gods since 2014.
  • Options
    sapientsatissapientsatis Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    GF, GWF, HR are all balanced now. All of them are realy fun to play. Only 2 things must be done for CW:
    1. Restore damage of Shard, Sudden Storm and Opressive and those must not crit. It would be enough to tone CWs with other classes in pve.
    2. Make Assailing Force resistible with DR and deflect. That would be enough for pvp.

Please, Cryptic, if you read this thread - don't listen to whiners crying. Mod 4 is very nice as it is. I beg you don't ruin it. And keep up the good job!
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Restore damage of Shard, Sudden Storm and Opressive and those must not crit. It would be enough to tone CWs with other classes in pve.
    I don't see why they shouldn't crit. It kind of reduces the importance of eots...
  • Options
    lucifron44lucifron44 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Except we're now playing without a Tab.
    Russian leaderboard first page. The proof.
  • Options
    cerberobotcerberobot Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 345
    edited August 2014
    GF, GWF, HR are all balanced now. All of them are realy fun to play. Only 2 things must be done for CW:
    1. Restore damage of Shard, Sudden Storm and Opressive and those must not crit. It would be enough to tone CWs with other classes in pve.
    2. Make Assailing Force resistible with DR and deflect. That would be enough for pvp.

Please, Cryptic, if you read this thread - don't listen to whiners crying. Mod 4 is very nice as it is. I beg you don't ruin it. And keep up the good job!

When CW will get nerfed, HRs and GFs will dominate.
  • Options
    dfncedfnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 509 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I have gotten great succes's everytime on my temptation (healing) SW - after the dragons do a big ae all I see is massive amounts of green numbers fly off of people - I kinda feel sorry for the DC's who are trying to heal people as my lifesteal healing heals everyone up super fast. xD
    Don't disagree. With all consistent nerfing of DC healing, cleric healing was already weaksauce.

If take High Prophet set bonus out of equation, anyone can see that DC worse in everything now - not best heal, not deal-breaking protection and few resistance debuffs which compete with GF and SW tab abilities.
    EX-DL-BtS / ITF-KC-KB / BF-HD-IBS / FtF-IT-ST-Dis / CA-GW-PG
    "When no appropriate rule applies, make one up."
    — (The unwritten rule)

• Options
    myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Again, any nerfs should affect PvP ONLY! Getting sick of all the PvP (minority) whining causing nerfs that affect PvE content (which is the MAJORITY).
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Ok guys, wanted to write this, but couldn't log in yesterday.

I too love the Dragons, slaying them is fun, my concern was just, that it's not unique enough like Mod1 andMod2 was, with a never seen content. Sorry, but we all have to agree, that all the textures are nearly 100% of existing content, which means programing wise not much work, which is by itself not bad, doesn't make things wrong, just not good enough in my eyes to say, they didn't fix the chest !!! issues and other game balance issues, like roar was, just because we were told to wait for wowww Mod 4.

Still chest bugged and we had that thing with the recent exploiters..., which still effects the economy in some way and will effect it in the near future, nothing done about it... Still can't equipp 2 chars with complete T2 gear!

OK, don't throw rocks at me, again my own opinion, but i would like to play equally PVE and PVP and other aspects of a game, without making dozen of characters, just to be able to do well enough. This could be easily achieved. When a char enters a PVP area, his or her powers should be modified accordingly just to have some more balance and GS should be introduced to PVP. While i agree with the Devs, that GS is not all, skills matter too, but c'mon putting together a fresh 60 with a veteran, fully geared or purchased (perfect vorpals and bark shields don't grow on trees) char, who believes the first will have any chance at all LOL. And of course not forget the premade and PUG issue as well, while i think we need more than 2 maps for Domination.

Oh, yes and let us not forget Regen, while Life steal rocks, regen doesn't really kick in for like many classes. Life steal is so affective and regen so nearly useless in battle. Would love to see regen getting so good for the classes, who use it, like life seal is. Don't forget many armor sets give only regen or nothing and building life steal up for a DC is hard and will never be so effective.
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke