test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

pixel shader compilation failure

shhbaconshhbacon Member Posts: 100 Arc User
edited September 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
I keep crashing randomly since mod 4 been live.

AMD A6-6400K Black Edition
Windowsxp 32bt
untitled.png
Post edited by shhbacon on

Comments

• Options
    chaoscourtesanchaoscourtesan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I get that same message, but it doesn't impact anything for me- login continues without problem. No crashes yet, but I have been randomly disconnected once or twice, which hasn't happened in months...
    Rhyon Cawdorian GWF | Opa Loka TR | Cormac Argentus III DC | Annika Thornblade GF | Aerys Skydark HR | Bartin Findlor TR | Aellia Baalthrall CW | Lucan Hawkmoon CW | Opa Brahk GWF | Korzbyrk DC | Den Kruk GWF | Jherek Skarsin CW |
    Roland Mac Sheonin GF | Tarron Direheart SW |
  • Options
    rexmechanicum1rexmechanicum1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'm having the same problem only for me it's affecting my UI, healthbars, different buttons...the like. It's really hard for me to play like this.
  • Options
    adernathadernath Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I observed the same bug, but no idea what is affected in-game by this. I am getting crashes and can not log into the game with certain characters, but idk if it is related to this issue.
    Suggestions to improve NW:
    - Dualspec
    - Better rewarding foundry and foundry pvp maps
    - Custom PvP leagues with leaderboards instead of the current 'matchmaking'.
    - Armory
    - make jumping cost stamina (to reduce hopping in pvp)
  • Options
    msdragomirmsdragomir Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Still no response from the devs cannot play the game cannot redistrube my feats all windows collapsed everything mixed up in the game..U ve released mod 4 and u ruined my game.Pixel shader problem doesnt let me to play the game properly.Fix it asap.
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    This needs to be fixed asap!
  • Options
    twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I had the same error message without any noticeable effect in game. So I went into Options and changed my DirectX from 9 to 11. That seems to have fixed it.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    shhbaconshhbacon Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I had the same error message without any noticeable effect in game. So I went into Options and changed my DirectX from 9 to 11. That seems to have fixed it.
    Sadly not all of us have dx11 cards.
  • Options
    innuend01innuend01 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    msdragomir wrote: »
    Still no response from the devs cannot play the game cannot redistrube my feats all windows collapsed everything mixed up in the game..U ve released mod 4 and u ruined my game.Pixel shader problem doesnt let me to play the game properly.Fix it asap.

Adding myself to the list.Same pixel shader error at loading,and everything in game is all over the place.Text and image are BADLY dephased,keys are switched,and I have to guess where to click to perform any action.Even completely uninstalling and reinstalling the game didn`t help.I submited my ticket,of course,but I`m not holding my breath on a response anytime soon.There are so many things wrong with the game after this update,I can`t begin to imagin the amount of tickets pouring on their tech support right now...
  • Options
    mosaic06mosaic06 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    on mine, it's like playing the Preview Test server, displays are smaller, there are borders in the wrong place, and my journal is only half readable. The icons are also smaller and or misaligned.

I too am getting the Pixel error message at the bottom of my toon selection screen as well, I have tried swapping the Direct X 9 to 11, but no joy.

So its like being on the test server, just I'm not testing anything...or am I... :)
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    dfxbszv.png

Same here, on a GTX780, latest WHQLs, and a fully up to date Win7 install. Using the DX9ex renderer, as it's generally less buggy than the other two, or has been up to now. It's not clear what effect this is having, mind- as framerate and graphics look OK.

(Using a six core i7, just with ref to the other issue, that of framerates.)
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'm getting that error message as well but haven't had any graphics issues for the most part. I did get some weird effects in DR on Thursday after the patch. Mirror Images had blocky smoke obscuring them and terrain wasn't rendering at a distance in one spot on the map itself - this was across multiple characters and occurring in the same spot each time. (leaving PF, going down the ramp and approaching the tunnel that leads back to the starting area.)
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    naicalusnaicalus Member Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I too get the messages, although I haven't noticed anything off other than the ground often not loading in PE, but that's been an issue for me for months.
    Largely inactive, playing Skyforge as Nai Calus.
  • Options
    twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    On the thread about the Wine/Linux bug one of the devs said they had changed the way they compile pixel renders - I guess this is the result.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    raptorskyfireraptorskyfire Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 120 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    I get that error too, but on top of that it kills my video driver. I get an error saying the driver went out and came back up. It still works fine with the usual lag when there's a lot of people around, and occasionally if I hit Alt to check inventory or something my UI blinks.

I haven't had any issues with the game before Mod 4, but afterwards it seems that the gfx change has left me a little perplexed.
    Part of Storm-Shore, a RP/PvE guild. http://www.stormshore.com/

I have many alts, I am a class and race rainbow.
  • Options
    gertrude4lifegertrude4life Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I also get that message, have an AMD/ATI card and don't know what it affects in game since I've had internet connection issues for months, so I'm not sure which ones are video and which ones are ISP related.
  • Options
    masterdunk32masterdunk32 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    i been having the same problem and its hard to see anything since the MOD 4 came out and i not able to play the game since im not able to see my encounters our my hub displays, which look small and altogether.
  • Options
    rado84rado84 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I was just gonna post a new topic about that problem when I saw this topic. I have the same message at the bottom of the screen but despite it the game runs fine with the exception of something I believe could be caused by the pixel shader error: when I open a window in the game, such as Powers window or Foundry (basically all kinds of windows that take the most of the space on the screen), the action points diamond and the icon of the artifact start to flicker. In order to stop the flickering I have to close the window. That flickering doesn't affect gameplay in any way, it's just annoying.
  • Options
    zdaddyozdaddyo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 73
    edited August 2014
    I'm also getting this error. I don't notice any effects in the game except that on startup my machine seems to freeze with a black screen and nothing going on. I have to reboot my machine.
  • Options
    privatelessonsprivatelessons Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Are you looking into this Dev's? Not an issue isolated to just a few players it is affecting about 10 in my guild alone
  • Options
    vatesbladevatesblade Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 26
    edited August 2014
    my wife was having the UI display problem with windows all screwy and miss-sized, she fixed it by switching to direct x 11 in the display settings, i know some pc's cant run 11 but i hope this helps some of you
  • Options
    dagon223furydagon223fury Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    shhbacon wrote: »
    I keep crashing randomly since mod 4 been live.

AMD A6-6400K Black Edition
    Windowsxp 32bt
    untitled.png

mine has not cashed as of yet but the hud is all jack up making it hard to do just about any thing
    please fix!
  • Options
    kn1ghtscrosskn1ghtscross Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'm running Win 7 32bit, Nvidia GeForce 460 SE, Direct X 11

getting pixel shader compilation failure on cryptic start up screen

Graphic card fails and recovers.
    I keep crashing, my problem is game freeze ( although the game is still running ),
    black screen and game crash, since the new session update.

I've turned off everything to do with shadows and shading, it helps but doesn't stop the problem

seems to be a lot of friends with the same issue
  • Options
    sauloandreysauloandrey Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9
    edited August 2014
    Same problem here, someone managed to find a definitive solution? Devs any answers? --- .... '
  • Options
    techforyoutechforyou Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Well i'm getting that error too.. i dont know what happend lol
    Can some staff member come here and try to give some information about this ?
  • Options
    rado84rado84 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'm running Win 7 32bit, Nvidia GeForce 460 SE, Direct X 11

Maybe the problem is you're using DX11 since Module 4 arrived. Why don't you try and run it with DX9 (just until they fix the issue)? I'm running it with DX9 and there's no black screen, no crashes...
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I get that same message, but it doesn't impact anything for me- login continues without problem. No crashes yet, but I have been randomly disconnected once or twice, which hasn't happened in months...

Yes same here , I get that message ( only when I use DX9 ex or whatever ) but the login continues as normal and the game plays although now I have to log off ever hour or so because the game really begins to lag but logging out then back in every hour or so stops that , I just wish they would stop <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> with the graphics engine and go back to module 2 's.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    adernathadernath Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It is strange how many people experience different very serious problems after this update.

I for myself get a crash to desktop on certain of my characters and have no idea what is causing this - not even speak of how to prevent it, because I do not know the reason.

I started to run the game in the Windows debugger, but I am no expert here...
    Suggestions to improve NW:
    - Dualspec
    - Better rewarding foundry and foundry pvp maps
    - Custom PvP leagues with leaderboards instead of the current 'matchmaking'.
    - Armory
    - make jumping cost stamina (to reduce hopping in pvp)
  • Options
    innuend01innuend01 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Amazing,3 days later my ticket is still gathering dust and cobwebs,probably in the trash bin of their tech support.Haven`t been able to play at all since Mod 4,because the UI went bat crazy on me and nothing is where it`s supposed to be.With the support of my guild leader,I have tried everything possible...forced verify,disable on demand patching,DirectX 11,uninstalling and reinstalling arc and the game,changing every single option there is in the graphics panel.Nothing worked.And from the devs I got...an automatic answer in my mail telling me to wait for an answer...Seriously????The crappiest fb games you can think of have a better customer support than that.Bottom line is,I`ve been waiting for 3 days...give it a couple more and you won`t have to bother anymore.I`m pretty new to this game and I wasn`t planning on going anywhere in the near future,but if you don`t want me here,I`ll take the hint and pack my bags.
  • Options
    dagon223furydagon223fury Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2014

i did but now it won't login pliz help
  • Options
    thedreadprof13thedreadprof13 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    error:32926681
    running vista, 32 bit, AMD dual core, radion x1650