test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Unable to buy the dragon pack or the hero of the north pack with credit card?

admiraljunkadmiraljunk Member Posts: 6 Arc User
edited October 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Today I decided to purchase both of these items, and it only lists paypal and skrill as payment methods.
I use neither of those.
I charge zen all the time with my credit card, why is it not an option for the packs?

Am I doing something wrong?
Post edited by admiraljunk on

Comments

• Options
    mystagoguemystagogue Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Choose the PayPal option. Once you're on the PayPal page you'll have the option to pay with your PayPal account OR to pay with a credit card.
  • Options
    sexwax45sexwax45 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I think they removed that option because of issues with charge backs but if you click the pay pal button you can use your credit card through there, plus it would be adventitious for you to have a paypal account if you want to buy stuff online in the future.
  • Options
    admiraljunkadmiraljunk Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    thanks! I appreciate the help :)
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Today I decided to purchase both of these items, and it only lists paypal and skrill as payment methods.
    I use neither of those.
    I charge zen all the time with my credit card, why is it not an option for the packs?

Am I doing something wrong?

Just for the record the Guardian pack is generally regarded as a much better deal than the Hero of the North pack. It also has a mount and a MORE useful companion (a Dire Wolf that gives you +5% interrupt chance which is extremely nice), and is much, much cheaper. The only real advantage of the HOTN pack is if it still comes with the free 12 slot bad for every character but as the Dragonborn pack gives you a 30 slot bag for every character this is of relatively little significance.
  • Options
    tmsobrien1tmsobrien1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Actually even with the PayPal option it would not allow me to use a credit card. The PayPal kept saying can not process this transaction with this card type even though I have made transactions in the past for Neverwinter through Paypal using this exact same card.
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    tmsobrien1 wrote: »
    Actually even with the PayPal option it would not allow me to use a credit card. The PayPal kept saying can not process this transaction with this card type even though I have made transactions in the past for Neverwinter through Paypal using this exact same card.

It could be something to do with the new security measures , contact support and ask them why you cannot give them your money .
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    mystagoguemystagogue Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I used it the day before yesterday (PayPal, credit card option - not my PayPal account) to purchase the Dragonborn Pack.
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    mconosrep wrote: »
    Just for the record the Guardian pack is generally regarded as a much better deal than the Hero of the North pack. It also has a mount and a MORE useful companion (a Dire Wolf that gives you +5% interrupt chance which is extremely nice), and is much, much cheaper. The only real advantage of the HOTN pack is if it still comes with the free 12 slot bad for every character but as the Dragonborn pack gives you a 30 slot bag for every character this is of relatively little significance.

I have both Hero and Guardian - I disagree that Guardian is a better pack. The Hero pack comes with an exclusive armored spider which is a full Purple Rank III, the Guardian comes with a Horse that is a Blue +2 Rank II - this means it still gets 110% speed (that's what the +2 means), but the knock-off is still the same as all other Blues (easier to be knocked-off if zone mobs attack you). You get more AD in the Hero pack, but both amounts are technically nothing special considering current AH prices. (And I have to say I love that spider.) :)

I *do* agree the Dire Wolf is a better companion than the Panther in both Summoned state and active bonus, but that's the only advantage the Guardian Pack has (my opinion only obviously). Other than these, everything that comes in Guardian also comes in Hero, except Hero has full fashion (not just the mask), larger fireworks thing (big whoop) and also a dust of creation - which I don't recall if the Guardian comes with or not (again: big whoop).

NOTE: As for the Menzobarranzen Renegade Drow: nothing special, the "costume" are custom tattoos (and I'm not sure those are still there anymore) and the race trait "Faeriefire" - (or whatever) is identical to the regular Drow - it just has a different name.

Just thought I'd point out the differences between Hero and Guardian packs.

OH, and on-topic: Ditto what others have said: PayPal allows you to use credit card without requiring to you create an account (but that's probably a good idea anyway).
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I bought my Dragonborne pack through Skrill, which just asked for my credit card number - didn't work the first time, but that was because I got my new credit card just a week before, and hadn't gone through the verification process (the "Verified by Visa" stuff) ... after I did that, everything worked fine.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014
    Guardian Pack Horse may be blue but it is still Tier 3 and the same as all Tier 3 mounts, purple or not.

Pretty sure we've had this conversation before angrysprite in regards to how meaningless item colors are. :p
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I have both Hero and Guardian - I disagree that Guardian is a better pack. The Hero pack comes with an exclusive armored spider which is a full Purple Rank III, the Guardian comes with a Horse that is a Blue +2 Rank II - this means it still gets 110% speed (that's what the +2 means), but the knock-off is still the same as all other Blues (easier to be knocked-off if zone mobs attack you). You get more AD in the Hero pack, but both amounts are technically nothing special considering current AH prices. (And I have to say I love that spider.) :)

Guardian Pack Horse may be blue but it is still Tier 3 and the same as all Tier 3 mounts, purple or not.

Pretty sure we've had this conversation before angrysprite in regards to how meaningless item colors are. :p

As ambisinisterr, pointed out, both mounts are in fact Tier 3 with the same speed and hit resistance. So unless you are into cosmetics, there is no difference. Also while the spider mount is wonderful for a Drow character riding about in Whispering Caverns or Rothe Valley, I find it utterly incongruous on other races. (The Unicorn mount is EVEN worse for this IMO). Hence I personally prefer the War horse on most characters. (Best for those for whom money is no object is to get everything, then pick and choose of course.)

The major difference comes down to the fact that the Guardian pack's account-wise companion is much, much better whether summoned or merely for its active bonus than the HOTN's. This has to be weighed up against the free (one per character still I believe) 12 slot bag you get in the HOTN.

So for me it would actually be quite close between the two, but the Guardian is 1/3 the price.....
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014
    So for me it would actually be quite close between the two, but the Guardian is 1/3 the price.....

$200 for the HotN....

$160 for Dragonborn and Guardian...

The latter is the best of both worlds IMO. ;)
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    $200 for the HotN....

This is pretty much my thoughts too.

Unless you are really interested in the cosmetics from the HOTN pack, buying the Guardian and (at sale price) Dragonborn packs costs noticeably less and gives you much better account-wide companions and bags (30 slot as opposed to 12). In addition, you get an account-wide level 60 artifact and a race respec. So value-wise, ignoring cosmetics, for the vast majority of people it should be absolutely no contest.
  • Options
    edited August 2014

Both Spider and Guardian Horse are "Tier 3" (120% speed) - but the Spider is Rank III and the Horse is Rank II - which is the rating for knock-off when attacked. That's really the only difference. I was just correcting a statement that the "Guardian Pack is generally regarded as [superior]" (Or whatever the other commentator stated) - neither is "superior", but they are both great buys. :)
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    $200 for the HotN....

I concur IMnsHO (ns = not so). Yeah, Im pompous, and proudly so. LOL
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Both Spider and Guardian Horse are "Tier 3" (120% speed) - but the Spider is Rank III and the Horse is Rank II - which is the rating for knock-off when attacked. That's really the only difference. I was just correcting a statement that the "Guardian Pack is generally regarded as [superior]" (Or whatever the other commentator stated) - neither is "superior", but they are both great buys. :)

I am almost sure that that both mounts can take the same number of hits and max % damage before you are dismounted:

http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Medium_Adventurer%27s_Horse
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I am almost sure that that both mounts can take the same number of hits and max % damage before you are dismounted:

http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Medium_Adventurer%27s_Horse

I have both packs so I can speak authoritatively on this: Spider is Rank III, Horse is Rank II; Spider is Tier 3 (Purple), Horse is Tier 3 (Blue +2). Now these are the stats. HOWEVER: I do remember at open beta there were complaints that the Guardian pack horse was not "Tier 3" - and the Devs changed this. So it could be that they've upped the states to a Tier 3, Rank III and never updated the information provided in the info-box.

So my information is coming from what it described in the info-box in-game, though I've never actually used the horse (I have the spider and a dozen other mounts - never felt the need or want).

The Tier only affects movement speed. The rank affects Knock-off stat. :)
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I have both packs so I can speak authoritatively on this: Spider is Rank III, Horse is Rank II; Spider is Tier 3 (Purple), Horse is Tier 3 (Blue +2). Now these are the stats. HOWEVER: I do remember at open beta there were complaints that the Guardian pack horse was not "Tier 3" - and the Devs changed this. So it could be that they've upped the states to a Tier 3, Rank III and never updated the information provided in the info-box.

So my information is coming from what it described in the info-box in-game, though I've never actually used the horse (I have the spider and a dozen other mounts - never felt the need or want).

The Tier only affects movement speed. The rank affects Knock-off stat. :)

Did you even have a look at the picture on the Wiki as there was a reason I linked it.

The information about knockoffs is IDENTICAL as that of the Spider or other Tier 3 mounts......
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Did you even have a look at the picture on the Wiki as there was a reason I linked it.

The information about knockoffs is IDENTICAL as that of the Spider or other Tier 3 mounts......

I know that, so I will reiterate this part you may not have noticed from my comment:

HOWEVER: I do remember at open beta there were complaints that the Guardian pack horse was not "Tier 3" - and the Devs changed this. So it could be that they've upped the stats to a Tier 3, Rank III and never updated the information provided in the info-box.

And to further reiterate: I am referring to the info box you get when the item is in your inventory in the game. Not some web page. So INGAME and side-by-side IN INVENTORY: they are shown to be different. Whether that's actually the case: I genuinely couldn't care any less. It's a common occurance that info-boxes in game are not always 100% accurate.

Hell, I'd give screenshot to make my point, but it really isn't that important to me.

~sighs~

//PROTIP: CONTEXT is your friend.
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    @OP buy zen then buy the Dragon pack in game ,its 10000 zen unless you can't buy zen then your screwed .
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    harkinharkin Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    How much money is 10k Zen? As in how much would you pay for just the race without the other stuff? 30? 40?
  • Options
    jennyavarieljennyavariel Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 167
    edited August 2014
    This has to be weighed up against the free (one per character still I believe) 12 slot bag you get in the HOTN.

It's 1 bag, period, not 1 per character:

Bag of Holding

A helpful bag that grants an additional 12 inventory slots. This item can only be claimed by one character on your account!

Guardian pack is probably the 'best' value for mount / companion. I went with Feywild though, since I really wanted the Moon Elf race. The companion bonus from the sylph isn't bad, and she's cute.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    It's 1 bag, period, not 1 per character:

Bag of Holding

A helpful bag that grants an additional 12 inventory slots. This item can only be claimed by one character on your account!

Guardian pack is probably the 'best' value for mount / companion. I went with Feywild though, since I really wanted the Moon Elf race. The companion bonus from the sylph isn't bad, and she's cute.

Founder's HotN Bag is one PER CHARACTER. If not, then I expect to be punished for exploiting something to be able to claim one on all 14 of my alts, regardless of race or class. Well, technically claimed on about 20 or 30 characters if I count all the experimental throw-aways.

NOW TO BE FAIR: I bought it when it was the Founder's Pack, and they may have changed it since then so that bag is once per account by now. But suffice it to say: I've been getting one on every character on my account. So either it's a bug, they changed it since then, or the advertising is wrong.

As for all the packs and what not: I have every single one of them. In my opinion (as are all our comments being only opinion):
    Hero pack = best mount
    Feywild pack = best companion (slotted active: 50% reduction in cc active bonus)
    Guardian pack = second-best companion ( While summoned: knockdown)
    Feywild pack = best fashion set (I like it better than the Moonsilver Regalia)
    HR Booster pack = best gear add-ons: the hood and cloak are the best, compared to what you get in Feywild.

Other than the companion, the Guardian is an "also-ran" when you already have the HotN pack. Otherwise it's an okay value (Only the wolf companion is the benefit, everything else is superior in the HotN pack when you have both). Oh, and I received the Guardian Pack as gift - in case people actually think I throw money around willy-nilly that way.

Having all these packs I can say if I were to purchase only ONE: it would probably be the Feywild pack for the companion, and the Unicorn Mount is a genuine tier 3/rank III and the other items (I personally like) better than the other add-on items of all the other packs (not counting Dragonborn because I haven't played that yet).

I presume the Dragnoborn pack will be my favorite because it's the shiniest right now, I suspect the Feywild will be my "best value for purchase" choice.

Just my own feedback on the stuff, obviously others will feel differently.
  • Options
    jennyavarieljennyavariel Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 167
    edited August 2014
    I like the pixie you get in Feywild. She says cute things now and then, and has fun animations. I *like* the unicorn, but it's not a perfect fit for every character. I feel the horse from Guardian fits the setting a bit better. And the companion bonus to interrupt seems like it would come in handy. I may buy the guardian pack at some point.

For now, I have Feywild, and later today I'll have 'Dragonborn'. I can't wait to try out fire breath from the artifact :)

The 30 slot bag should be super nice too.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I like the pixie you get in Feywild. She says cute things now and then, and has fun animations. I *like* the unicorn, but it's not a perfect fit for every character. I feel the horse from Guardian fits the setting a bit better. And the companion bonus to interrupt seems like it would come in handy. I may buy the guardian pack at some point.

For now, I have Feywild, and later today I'll have 'Dragonborn'. I can't wait to try out fire breath from the artifact :)

The 30 slot bag should be super nice too.

Of ALL the packs available, here's the best possible deal you can get:

For less than the price of a Hero of the North you can buy the Dragonborn Legendary *AND* the Knight of the Feywild and get EVERYTHING you could want (and apparently everyone else in this thread), with NO Overlap in goodies. Together these two packs completely blow away the Hero pack and any possible combination of all the others in terms of value.

Dragonborn pack+Feywild pack would be the absolutely best bang-for-the-buck you can get amongst ALL the packs. And I am speaking from "I own it and use it" experience. However, if I were contemplating the HotN, I'd go with these two. If I could afford the HotN but considering some other combination, I'd go with these two.

But in the end, each and everyone must make their own decisions.
  • Options
    shurato2099shurato2099 Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    harkin wrote: »
    How much money is 10k Zen? As in how much would you pay for just the race without the other stuff? 30? 40?

10k Zen == $100 US. As far as I know the race isn't being offered seperately yet?
  • Options
    nightspiritgnightspiritg Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I have used paypal for years,the only way I buy on-line,I have never had a problem with them and had no trouble with getting refunds.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    10k Zen == $100 US. As far as I know the race isn't being offered seperately yet?

No, but apparently a Dev hinted in a live stream that they would though.

I fully expect them to do this once the sales of Dragonborn packs dry up, that they will release a standalone purchase option to get even more cash from those who didn't want to pay 75 (or 100) dollars for it.
  • Options
    epclipseingmoonepclipseingmoon Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    so far I have bought 2 packs the feywood one and the guardian pack.

hero pack seems like its lacking some stuff when you already have the other 2
    I am still deciding on the dragon one though.

Off note I wish the ring from the guardian pack was transmutable...
    @dimensionallight
    Princess Amber - DC
    Shieldmaiden Amber - GF
    Valkyrie Amber - GWF
    Huntress Amber - HR
  • Options
    froszztfroszzt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 284 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    Rank +2 or +3 doesn't MEAN 110% or 80%. Nor does the rarity color. Stop talking out of your butt. Like it matters if a mount is blue, green or pink? Is it 110%? That is all that matters since that is the fastest mount atm. For reference, I have a GREEN Hell Hound with 110% movement. ^^
This discussion has been closed.