test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Name ideas for warlocks?

verbenawitchverbenawitch Member Posts: 26 Arc User
edited August 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
I am somewhat set aback by the way warlocks walk and stand and jump etc in the youtubes I have watched.

For lack of better description it looks sort or ape / gorilla / monkey / simian

I have been thinking of making a SW and adjusting the character to have very short legs and very long arms.

I was thinking

Clyde or perhaps Grape Ape for names.

Any other ideas or names that ya'll like.

NOTE: I was really hoping for a more haunty bearing, kind of like "Dancing with the Devil, and intend to beat him when time to pay the fiddler comes around"

But I'll find something.

Just asking what others are thinking might work as names instead of using random name generator.

Thanks in advance.
Post edited by verbenawitch on

Comments

• rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    You have been viewing older videos. Based on player feedback, they have changed the animations since then. :)
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• verbenawitchverbenawitch Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    AH, good on that, Are there some current youtubes up? I guess I can try out my google-fu and see.

Thanks on the tip.

XD
  • twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I don't think that there are any more current YT vids up, unless player made.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
    edited August 2014
    AH, good on that, Are there some current youtubes up? I guess I can try out my google-fu and see.

Thanks on the tip.

XD

No worries, otherwise I was going to have to name a warlock "Andy Serkis in Motion Capture Gear as an ape," and that would have been a very long name... :)

Don't know of any more current youtubes since there wasn't anything to be outraged over, but Voltomey might have some up.

• harkinharkin Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    rabbinicus wrote: »
    You have been viewing older videos. Based on player feedback, they have changed the animations since then. :)

I played Warlock on the test just before the server went down for MO4, and hell if they changed anything, they still look abit monkey like. :D
  • nohbdy42nohbdy42 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Koba for an apelike name.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2014
    harkin wrote: »
    I played Warlock on the test just before the server went down for MO4, and hell if they changed anything, they still look abit monkey like. :D

They changed it substantially from the initial Preview launch, including resting, running, and shifting.

• query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    IamGroot 10 chars 10 chars
  • jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Cadaverine.
    Putrescine.
    Indole.
    The three smells you encounter with a decomposing body, with the first two coming from necrotising tissue and the third from ruptured bowels.
    I plan to use Indole, myself, as I will be playing a male Warlock and Cadaverine and Putrescine are clearly GIRLS names ;)

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    This user made several videos of warlock gameplay
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/search.php?searchid=18355571
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    double post
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    edited August 2014
    No worries, otherwise I was going to have to name a warlock "Andy Serkis in Motion Capture Gear as an ape," and that would have been a very long name... :)

Don't know of any more current youtubes since there wasn't anything to be outraged over, but Voltomey might have some up.

D@*M YOU!
    Now I have no choice but to make that thing in the Champions Online Character Creator!
    Curse my Altoholism!
    It shall be called "ASIMCGAAA" and will be Infernal Supernatural.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
    edited August 2014
    O.K.
    For some reason it posted two copies of my last post.
    If some kind hearted Mod. could remove this one please?

edited August 2014
    jorifice1 wrote: »
    D@*M YOU!
    Now I have no choice but to make that thing in the Champions Online Character Creator!
    Curse my Altoholism!
    It shall be called "ASIMCGAAA" and will be Infernal Supernatural.

Always happy to help. :)

• harkinharkin Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    They changed it substantially from the initial Preview launch, including resting, running, and shifting.

And sadly its still shifting, the one thing i dont like at all with the class. :(
    edited August 2014
    And sadly its still shifting, the one thing i dont like at all with the class. :(

I think it's an improvement over the original animation, but I also think that it should be a short ranged teleport to be more consistent with the intent from PnP.

• rgladiatorgladiato Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'm going with something like "Ness Monster" or "Box" or "Ed Inacell".
    Nixon the TR
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
    o1iHDN0.png?1
  • twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I hated it at first but now I really like it. In PvE it's great for grouping mobs and setting up the right field of fire for a nuking, and if anything goes pear shaped you can actually get beyond the aggro/tether range of most mobs.

Not sure how it's going to work in PvP though. The mobility is fantastic but the lack of immunity frames could be a disaster.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Mine will be "Born of Black Wind". Can't fit in "Fire and Steel" unfortunately.
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • cerberusxllcerberusxll Member Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    all my characters are named after figures from greek mythology, so I already have a few ideas what mine will be called.
    Cerberus | Scylla | Orion | Makelo | Nemesis | Ares | Artemis | Asclepius | Nyx | Hades | Dexithea | Dolos | Demonax | Athena | Enyo | Medusa | Talos | Alcyone