test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tyranny of Dragons! Exclusive Debut Trailer.

izzirose123izzirose123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 47
edited August 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Post edited by izzirose123 on

Comments

• Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    That girl, appears to be the cleric Celeste, with her hair tied back. BTW when did Knox become a GF?
  • Options
    onecoolscatcatonecoolscatcat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Celeste is a Celestial.

Knox has always been a GF. He's a companion on preview shard. Check out his stats.... ^^
  • Options
    onecoolscatcatonecoolscatcat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    yeppers. My DCs want that weapon. looks spiffy....
  • Options
    voltomeyvoltomey Member Posts: 1,052 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    That girl, appears to be the cleric Celeste, with her hair tied back. BTW when did Knox become a GF?

I asked that same question
    Gang Busters PvP Guild Recruiting When Mod 6 goes live Pm Me for more Info If you have any Paladin question Message Me and i will get back to you ASAP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The other two might be the Harpers (Looks somewhat like'm) that you will get the campaign quests from in PE.
  • Options
    jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Gee that sure was a nifty hat the fella in the robes was warin'

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    magenubbie wrote: »
    I think he always has been. At least he was one in the DR intro. Don't remember sharandar or if he was even in it. I don't think he was.

Not so, in the opening intro he used his axe two handed. He has never been seen with a shield. Also in the Phantasmal fortress, Knox's illusion uses GWF attacks.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    jorifice1 wrote: »
    Gee that sure was a nifty hat the fella in the robes was warin'

methinks he's overcompensating for something. Must not have gone to enough self-esteem assemblies as a child.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    If you're gonna fight a dragon, best to bring a shield. Knox didn't want to loose his other eye. :D
  • Options
    lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Ok so... for Mod 5, the GWF and GF will be one class, you can use a two-handed weapon + shield, I'm ok with ItF+IBS+AoD combo.
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • Options
    edited August 2014
  • Options
    ryonasryonas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Knox is GWF .. why does he hold a shield .. if you remember during linkletter quest and Dread Ring (Ashen Battlefield he uses spinning strike) A pure GWF Daily so why is he holding a shield??

Dell Mccourt is GF ... why not have a dwarf as GF in trailer since he is a GF in game

other than that i love the dragon looks cool i like that elemental dragon .. it is cool

Edit: OH ok did not know that ..
  • Options
    edited August 2014

Simple!
    Knox is a Family name, not a First name.
    He is in fact only one of a large family of Knoxes, all twins, all in the Army, all Sergeants.
    However, some of them are GF's and others are GWF's. There was briefly a TR, but with all that armour weighing him down he didn't last long. Then there was the CW. Poor @*#&$^ tried to up the cool factor by wearing patches on BOTH eyes. He never saw that Dragon coming...........
    How else do you think you are getting missions from him in both Protectors Enclave AND the Dread Ring at the same time?
    Sooner or later you will run into a Knox Brother with a Goatee.
    You should run.
    Fast.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • Options
    mutantdemocracymutantdemocracy Member Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Celeste is a Celestial.

Knox has always been a GF. He's a companion on preview shard. Check out his stats.... ^^

Then you'd also know he uses Reaping Strike and Wicked Strike, as a companion. He's also been using Spinning Strike in the first part of Dread Ring, as well as a clone in Phantasmal Fortress.

These are all GWF exclusive abilities.

Edit: Sooo... the trailer shows Tiamat. I'm pretty sure we never get a chance to fight her in the campaign. Also sort of confused as to why she is so small and... boring. She seems like more of a 5 headed dragon creature than the queen god of all chromatic dragons.
  • Options
    iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The other dude is a GF, Knoxy is just borrowing his shield...and Celeste merged with Xuna to make Wonder Woman? I'm waiting for Venger to make a comeback, bit if it wasn't for those pesky kids and their unicorn...
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • Options
    dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    "You never really control a chromatic dragon. They just let you think that until they have a good moment to eat you if you're that foolish to try."
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    ...and Celeste merged with Xuna to make Wonder Woman?...

Oh yeah!
    I think I saw that happen behind the main bar in the Club Caprice VIP Room the other night..............

I'm going to Hell for that one..............

• Options
    edited August 2014

Edit: Sooo... the trailer shows Tiamat. I'm pretty sure we never get a chance to fight her in the campaign.

Its pretty clear, Knox isnt dead. So that means he musta killed Tiamat for us. Just like a GWF to race in and hog all the glory.
  • Options
    iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    That is also an Avatar of Tiamat as opposed to the actual goddess, in the actual minis she was only made as a huge mini (used to be around $60 on Paizo, haven't looked recently.) I personally thought they should have made her another colossal mini, like my red dragon. I also thought they should make a tarrasque mini, but WotC never listened to my pleas. I even offered cookies!
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • Options
    zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    knox change your classe, but dont loose this "kataguruma"
  • Options
    zshikarazshikara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited August 2014

in true D&D all fighters can use a shield if they need to as long as they have the feat for it (which is a default level 1 feat). At least that's how it was in 3.5. I can't speak for 4th.

Bahamut looks amazing. I really like this trailer. Its nice to see characters I know from in game being in their official pnp trailer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Join the legit channel by visiting http://goo.gl/1zfnTS to apply!
    Performing ritual pony sacrifices to Tiamat to earn favor with the RNG Gods since 2014.
  • Options
    jintortlejintortle Member Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Well the Cult looked like a bunch of idiots - Not so sure about the 5 headed Dragon though.
    Genus Draco Fad and the Muster@Jintortle
    ID: NW-DD5FLOBTJ
    Cult of the Dragon Foundry Contest - Please participate and vote for your favourite - 26/6/2014 contest rating begins.

Sir Camps A Lot. Mr SlingShot Boom. XX Phantasmagorical. Jinn Dragonfeast.
    SlingShot Boom Jr. Jocan Traders. Little Lord Forgatty, Dwarf Mean and introducing Necro Torquemada (The Warlock)
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Naughty Celeste must have been off playing ESO and become a Ardent Flame Dragon knight using Firery Reach .
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    bajornorbertbajornorbert Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    This is not a trailer for Neverwinter mod 4, this is the trailer for the Tyranny of Dragons campaign settings, which does not have the restrictions Neverwinter imposes on players. That's why you can see familiar faces using different attacks and/or weapons. Knox is a Fighter, it's only in Neverwinter where he is limited to being a GWF, in the D&D campaign he can use any weapon combination a fighter could use, so he can easily switch from 2h axe to 1h axe + shield whenever he wants. It's the same with Celeste, but she probably multiclassed or uses a prestige class in the video, neither which are available in Neverwinter.
  • Options
    sonofraistlinsonofraistlin Member Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    jintortle wrote: »
    Well the Cult looked like a bunch of idiots - Not so sure about the 5 headed Dragon though.

well, i don't know if this had anything to do with their choice, but the five headed dragon is the symbol of the goddess of evil in the dragonlance chronicles
    “and someday, fat innkeepers will bow to me.”
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    This is not a trailer for Neverwinter mod 4, this is the trailer for the Tyranny of Dragons campaign setting

Came here to say the exact same thing. Tyranny of Dragons is a brand-wide launch for D&D, which Neverwinter is a part of, but it's NOT exclusive to Neverwinter.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    jintortle wrote: »
    Not so sure about the 5 headed Dragon though.

That is Tiamat the main bad guy the Dragon cult are trying to free from imprisonment in Tyranny of Dragons but we don't get to fight her in Neverwinter .

http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Tiamat

http://dnd.wizards.com/dungeons-and-dragons/story
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif