test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tyranny of Dragons Preview Patch Notes NW.25.20140728a.11

panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
Classes and Balance
  • General: Burning Guidance: No longer improperly triggers on Life Steal and Soul Bonding Healing.
  • Control Wizard
    • Combustive Action: Damage Debuff applied by Combustive action is no longer just Fire damage, but all damage. Debuff is now 6% per rank (up from 3% per rank).
    • Focused Wizardry: Now increases single target damage by 10/20/30% but reduces AoE damage by 30/20/10%.
    • Magic Missile: Damage increased by about 15%.
    • Storm Fury: Damage increased by 200%.
    • Storm Spell: Activation Chance increased to 35%. Damage increased by roughly 100%.
    • Swath of Destruction: Damage Debuff increased to 5% per rank and Smolder Damage is increased by 15% per rank (up from 2% and 8% respectively).
  • Guardian Fighter: Blocking will no longer set your Deflect Chance to 0 while active.
  • Hunter Ranger
    • Fox Shift now requires a target to be used.
    • Storm Warden: Cold Steel Combat: Hurricane: This power now correctly benefits from Armor Penetration.
  • Scourge Warlock: Primary Stat changed to Charisma.
  • Spellstorm Mage
    • Eye of the Storm: Activation chance is now 100% from any power while off cooldown.
    • Eye of the Storm: ICD has been reduced to 20 seconds.
    • Storm Spell: Chance to activate reduced to 20% (down from 35%).
    • Storm Spell: This effect will no longer incorrectly trigger on Chill stacks.

Items and Economy
  • Kessel's Sphere of Annihiliation: This artifact no longer improperly gains damage bonuses from the caster. It now does the damage stated in the tooltip at all ranks.
  • Loot drops for level 60 players again.
  • Professions: Only tier 3 profession resources drop off enemies level 45+.

User Interface
  • Auction House uncatagorized items should now go to the Miscellaneous category by default.
  • Store buyback works properly again.
Post edited by panderus on

Comments

• Options
    panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited August 2014
    This will be going to preview around 3pm PST.
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    CW I likey I likey xD

So panderus , is this the final build that will go live tomorrow or should we expect more changes to be added?

Also the final version of storm spell is activation chance increased 20% and damage increased roughly 100% no longer incorrectly triggers off chill stacks?
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    cerberobotcerberobot Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 345
    edited August 2014
    There had it not a bug with extra damages Storm Fury ?

Well, I don't know lot of things about CW, but he seemed already ... godlike.

About DR debuffes, why ? DR is buggued and does not reduces the correct amount of damages when the DR is high. With G.Plague Fire, a full Unstoppable GWF will have around ... 0% DR xD.
  • Options
    harnelharnel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I hate to say it, but Charisma for warlocks is something of a goof. the class seems to favor constitution above all.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    This is likley the final build. Some of these changes were in the .4-.6 that was on Preview over the weekend. The Spellstorm Mage changes will be in the new version going out.
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    panderus wrote: »
    This is likley the final build. Some of these changes were in the .4-.6 that was on Preview over the weekend. The Spellstorm Mage changes will be in the new version going out.

Awesome , thanks , can't wait .
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    harnel wrote: »
    I hate to say it, but Charisma for warlocks is something of a goof. the class seems to favor constitution above all.

Yeah with how it's set up here, it really doesn't make sense for it not to be con. I wish we had a point allocation system rather than random rolls.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    panderus wrote: »

What about new artifacts weapons/belts? Can we choose or is it random ?
  • Options
    hefisdohefisdo Member Posts: 709 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    harnel wrote: »

I feel like it's kinda misplaced too... even because Constitution gives a lot more interesting bonuses.
    (´・ ω ・`)
  • Options
    gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    cerberobot wrote: »
    There had it not a bug with extra damages Storm Fury ?

Well, I don't know lot of things about CW, but he seemed already ... godlike.

About DR debuffes, why ? DR is buggued and does not reduces the correct amount of damages when the DR is high. With G.Plague Fire, a full Unstoppable GWF will have around ... 0% DR xD.

Second non-dev post in this thread and there´s already a GWF whining....

I´m all ready to play the new Mod. Keep up the good work guys!
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Second non-dev post in this thread and there´s already a GWF whining....

I´m all ready to play the new Mod. Keep up the good work guys!

I'm not whining at all, just saying CW will have now really good DR debuffes ;).Just made a comparison.
  • Options
    nwnghostnwnghost Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    •Professions: Only tier 3 profession resources drop off enemies level 45+.

What are tier 3 profession resources? Rare (Blue)?
    Does this affect enemies or Profession nodes as well?
    Will Purple Profession Resources have a chance of dropping, considering you are making Dragon Eggs a component of non-rare profession tasks contrary to their tooltip?
  • Options
    cromejohnsencromejohnsen Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Focused Wizardry: Now increases single target damage by 10/20/30% but reduces AoE damage by 30/20/10%.
    so on lvl 3 its 30% more single target and 10% less aoe dmg ?
    Or is that just a little visual mistake which might lead to wrong conclusions?
  • Options
    stah01stah01 Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Thanks for the HR changes. Truly Appreciated. Good to see CW's back on top.
    GShBCGl.jpg
  • Options
    darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    nwnghost wrote: »
    •Professions: Only tier 3 profession resources drop off enemies level 45+.

What are tier 3 profession resources? Rare (Blue)?
    Does this affect enemies or Profession nodes as well?
    Will Purple Profession Resources have a chance of dropping, considering you are making Dragon Eggs a component of non-rare profession tasks contrary to their tooltip?

I'm pretty sure it means you will only get, for example, Exotic pelts and leather off lvl 45+ mobs, rather than getting a chance for Tough pelts/leather.

The three tiers are simple/tough/exotic leather for leatherworking, wool/cotton/shimmerweave cloth for tailoring, etc.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I'm pretty sure it means you will only get, for example, Exotic pelts and leather off lvl 45+ mobs, rather than getting a chance for Tough pelts/leather.

The three tiers are simple/tough/exotic leather for leatherworking, wool/cotton/shimmerweave cloth for tailoring, etc.

That is correct.
  • Options
    cookiecrisp15cookiecrisp15 Banned Users Posts: 532 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    R.i.p gwf.
  • Options
    nwnghostnwnghost Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    GWF is just as viable, its just that CW didn't actually get a nerf (other than Shard) and overall got buffed that is making GWF (and other classes except maybe GF) less viable in a party situation geared for fastest clear time.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    GWF is just as viable, its just that CW didn't actually get a nerf (other than Shard) and overall got buffed that is making GWF (and other classes except maybe GF) less viable.
    GWF got a major nerf to survival a 10%-15% nerf to unstoppable, less determination so that they'll have unstoppable less. I played around doing HE's on my destroyer build gwf and it just is not fun with that nerf. You're far to squishy to be standing in the middle of a pack aoe'ing now, and that was in a full titan set, not a aow set. Yeah you can dart in and out but that defeats the purpose of how the class is suppossed to be played.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I've played my GWF (SM Destroyer) on Preview when Unstoppable was 5-10% and didn't have any problems, so when the nerf was reduced to 15-30%, I would imagine less geared GWFs would also not have any troubles
  • Options
    thedemienthedemien Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Thank you for fixing HR. We defently needed it.

Charisma was primary for warlock in D&D 3 and prably is still at 4 and 5. Thing is that this char also effected such stuff as diplomacy, trade, and I think in some way also illusion skills from Warlock. But since we don't have any of thoose in this game.. Makes a lot of sence) Like HR changes in this patch.

@panderus maybe you as produces can explain us why HR got in this state of "love" please?
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I've played my GWF (SM Destroyer) on Preview when Unstoppable was 5-10% and didn't have any problems, so when the nerf was reduced to 15-30%, I would imagine less geared GWFs would also not have any troubles

Sure you can do it. But you have to dart in and out, not get surrounded, and in general play like an aoe rogue and avoid the big hits and groups of mobs rather than actually you know being a fighter and tanking them while dealing good cleaving damage.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    If you want to tank and stand still like a rock, you can always feat Sentinel.

Destroyer survivability overall is better than mod3 given that Sprint grants DR as well as CC immunity, which is perfect for Unstoppable downtimes. You also sprint 80% longer than before (40% stam consumption reduction).

If you really want to stand still in DPS spec, you can stack more Lifesteal(with Endless Consumption), stack more Defense (3-4k, armor spec feat) or bring a DC along.
  • Options
    freshourfreshour Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    What about ray of frost pulling guardians out of block?

I have always been fine with the slow, but it literally pulls us out of block... so you ray of frost, in about 1-2 seconds, we get pulled outa block, you repel, then your storm spell or assailing kills us, 1-2 rotations of that, and it is GG. If the guardian is back... it's just MEGA GG lol
  • Options
    shiani1shiani1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Sounds minor, but are there any plans to get rid of the ace/burlap bandage bra and replace it with something more usable?
    Kianni Ravenmoon and Izyana Sol'Eetah

• Options
    lionmaruu0lionmaruu0 Member Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    you did it right to move SW primary from con to cha like in DnD. thank you.
  • Options
    voltomeyvoltomey Member Posts: 1,052 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    lionmaruu0 wrote: »
    you did it right to move SW primary from con to cha like in DnD. thank you.

Silly Boy it went from being Int to Cha not from Con to Cha TBH Con should be the primary stats sense having High High hp is staple in temptation builds plus the dmg bonus Con gives and the fact Charisma is currently broken and not giving the full combat advantage bonus it should be.
    Gang Busters PvP Guild Recruiting When Mod 6 goes live Pm Me for more Info If you have any Paladin question Message Me and i will get back to you ASAP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    voltomeyvoltomey Member Posts: 1,052 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    i don't think its up atm cause i cant get on it
    Gang Busters PvP Guild Recruiting When Mod 6 goes live Pm Me for more Info If you have any Paladin question Message Me and i will get back to you ASAP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    charononus wrote: »
    GWF got a major nerf to survival a 10%-15% nerf to unstoppable, less determination so that they'll have unstoppable less. I played around doing HE's on my destroyer build gwf and it just is not fun with that nerf. You're far to squishy to be standing in the middle of a pack aoe'ing now, and that was in a full titan set, not a aow set. Yeah you can dart in and out but that defeats the purpose of how the class is suppossed to be played.

Why? GWF is not a standing tank. That's the GF. GWF is the barbarian, and that class is usually an high mobility one charging ffrom one foe to the next one. You got used to play it like a sort of immovable/invulnerable meatgrinder but that's not how it is supposed to be.
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
This discussion has been closed.