test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

CW Feats re-set

abaddon523abaddon523 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
I logged into the preview server this morning and copied a CW over. When I logged in it automatically wiped all of my feats so I could re-select them. I know many (including myself) were asking if there would be a free respec token with Module 4 given all of the changes. This didn't happen previously so it must be in the latest patch. It looks like CW's will be getting a feat respec, at least. I didn't check any other classes. Other classes can post below if it is doing anything for them.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by abaddon523 on

Comments

• loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    GFs as well.
  • sr2normandysr2normandy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 56
    edited August 2014
    Rangers as well???
  • gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Yes for HRs. It happened to me yesterday.
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    If some of the feats had swapped positions, you will get a forced feat respec. That's really the only reason CW, HR, and GF got them.
  • sr2normandysr2normandy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 56
    edited August 2014
    Great, thanks guys!
  • mircalla83mircalla83 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 36
    edited August 2014
    GWF got feats remixed and changed in Mod3 Release, did not get a free Respec on Live.
    HR recieved a new Paragon Path, no free Respec on Live. Even if every other class to that point, when their second Paragon Path was released, got a free Respec.

This has imo set a dangerous precedence, so do NOT bet on it.
  • thedemienthedemien Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    About rangers it depend - copied my combat one last week. Got all feats respect.
    Copied archers one yesterday - only path feats. Same thing - only path feats reset was at start of changes.

Seems to me - they are still deciding what to give. Probably will give only path feet reset and no respect of powers - like always -nerf all and be cheep after. We did not get any free retrain of powers on pathfinders release. So they will be cheep now too. Pretty sure about it.
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    But let's be honest, the changes that you can't adjust are in the Feats. So what if a power got nerfed, you can just switch to a new one. It's not like skill points are scarce or anything.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    mircalla83 wrote: »
    GWF got feats remixed and changed in Mod3 Release, did not get a free Respec on Live.
    HR recieved a new Paragon Path, no free Respec on Live. Even if every other class to that point, when their second Paragon Path was released, got a free Respec.

Forced feat respecs aren't the same as free respecs. That prior batch of GWF changes altered how some feats worked but didn't change their positions, so it didn't leave people with broken orphaned unassignable points.

I agree that it was an unfortunate decision to give the free respec for the second paragon release to all classes and then not do it for HRs, but they pretty much have to do the forced feat respec for all the classes getting changed in this build, because only refunding the points in feats that have been moved breaks.

Powers are less of a cause for concern since overflow experience is gradually bringing everyone up to the point of maxing out everything anyway.

I do agree that a sale on respecs seems likely.

Another possibility is that free respecs could still happen but only after TRs and DCs are also given the treatment. It's probably a lot simpler to do them all at once, which they can't do too often because that's business and stuff.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Forced respec - I remember that happing on some characters during the Mod 2 update - some got tokens, others were a forced respec (you had no choice: everything auto-wiped you had to respec before continuing your play). I expect this to happen for many classes again on this update as well.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Everyone got the free respec to use whenever they wanted (a couple of mine even still have theirs unused). DCs and GWFs additionally got the automatic feat respec which had to happen right away because their feat rearrangements broke them. This prevented those classes from being forced to use their free respec right away in order to fix their broken-ness.

Feats being rearranged is once again going to break a bunch of classes if they don't forcibly reset them, but since there has been no official word about free full respecs, I don't think anyone is getting their hopes up this time around. It'll be a pleasant surprise if it does happen though.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • abaddon523abaddon523 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    But let's be honest, the changes that you can't adjust are in the Feats. So what if a power got nerfed, you can just switch to a new one. It's not like skill points are scarce or anything.

There are some cases where that would be helpful though. Orb of Imposition was worthless in Mod 3. No one put points in it. Now it's been buffed tremendously and is a very desirable power to have. But I'm only going to get it if I grind out several more levels or buy a respec.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    You have 1 point in it by default, possibly 2, for the purposes of reaching the next tier of skills. That means you'd need at most 2 levels of overflow experience. Not "several" levels.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • abaddon523abaddon523 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    You have 1 point in it by default, possibly 2, for the purposes of reaching the next tier of skills. That means you'd need at most 2 levels of overflow experience. Not "several" levels.

You're not guaranteed a power point every level. I've gained several levels where I just get enchantments, or 5,000 AD, or other rewards. Yes, it will take several levels unless I get lucky. This isn't something I'm going to cry or rage-quit about. It's a nuisance, nothing more. I was just pointing out that there are some reasons why someone could conceivably need more than feat respec to make their desired build work.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    abaddon523 wrote: »
    there are some reasons why someone could conceivably need more than feat respec to make their desired build work.

Also Rampaging madness has been fixed for module 4 so I'd guess a lot of players will definitely need to respec to take Endless consumption or one of the others instead so a full respec would be welcome but yeah looks like all we get is a feat only respec and if it is same as on preview now it is only feats .
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
    edited August 2014
    Derp, Abbadon, you're right. If you're unlucky it could be a few levels of overflow..:cool:
    i7TZDZK.gif?1