test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Is the 30-slot bag from the Dragonborn Legend Pack per CHARACTER?

mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
heyrogers, a Cryptic product manager, kindly gave official confirmation that the bag is indeed per character now.

heyrogers wrote: »
To clarify - the 30 slot bag was originally going to be once per account (so you could only get it on one character). We did not really have a good reason for keeping it like that, so we upgraded it to be one for every character on your account.

ASIDE - Original Post:
I saw the updated info about the Dragonborn Legend Pack here:

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/game-pack/detail/495-dragonborn-legend-pack

and it seems to state that the 30 slot bag will be per character. If this is true then I and many, many others will be likely to instantly buy it.

Can we get confirmation that it is per character and not just once per account please?

As an aside is the artifact useable as refine fodder for other (Power) Artifacts? I take it that if this were the case it would only be claimable once per character to avoid the obvious abuse potential.

Google Translation of the link found by two30 on the French forums:

http://nw-forum.fr.perfectworld.eu/s...ad.php?t=51642

Post [Pack Dragonborn] Update

Noble warrior (s),

Here is some news that will make drool more than one.

Pack dragonborn race has undergone an update:

Artifact Heart of Dragon Rouge:
The artifact Heart Red Dragon will start in row 60 (Epic-Purple) and can be sublimated to rank 100 (Orange - Legendary). Before this update, it was starting at rank 1.

Token Change Race:
The Race Change Token will also give you the opportunity to change your stat points, your name and gender in addition to race and appearance. Before this update there was no reason to change the race / appearance.

Bag of 30 pitches (Dragon Hoard):
This bag of 30 locations can be recovered on each character. Before this update, it could only be obtained once per account.

Page pack of Arc will be updated soon.

Have fun one and all!
Post edited by mconosrep on

Comments

• Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    da3ca6124cce0f73afb33ac1665054101407540362.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    frishter wrote: »
    da3ca6124cce0f73afb33ac1665054101407540362.jpg

Thanks.

I did see exactly that already but AFAIK it was originally stated that the bag would be claimable ONCE per account. So I just want to be 100% sure before buying, as this would actually be the main selling point for me (and my many, Many, MANY alts all with their compulsive hoarding tendencies)....
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Oh wow, I have total reading comprehension fail. I actually thought it meant once per account, I get why you're asking now. That's going to be annoying. I might actually have to consider it if true. I too would like reassurance. (Though personally I'd like it if it didn't just so that I don't need to waste my money ^_^)
  • Options
    two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It was an announced change in French a couple days ago (http://nw-forum.fr.perfectworld.eu/showthread.php?t=51642), but there was no English announcement, nor was the English purchase page updated. Now the English purchase page has been updated, without announcement.

In short, clarity hasn't been a priority.
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • Options
    onecoolscatcatonecoolscatcat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Nice seeing additional stuff added to this pack. One bag per character is nicer. Now make the Bahamut gear one per character and add both a purple pet and mount to the package. THEN I'll seriously consider buying this $100 pack.
  • Options
    rhoriangelusrhoriangelus Member Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    As someone with 20+ characters who are constantly running out of bag space... I finally feel like my purchase of this pack is worth it.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    two30 wrote: »
    It was an announced change in French a couple days ago (http://nw-forum.fr.perfectworld.eu/showthread.php?t=51642), but there was no English announcement, nor was the English purchase page updated. Now the English purchase page has been updated, without announcement.

In short, clarity hasn't been a priority.

Thank for that two2. So it appears that there WAS an official announcement of the change elsewhere.

Being somewhat paranoid, though, I will delay purchasing until we get official confirmation in English that this change is WAI......
  • Options
    valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The Hunter Pack came with a bag.......it was the only object that was not shared across the account. :(
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Bummer, now I need to consider whether I want it or not. On the minus side it still costs a lot, there's been a lot of bad changes recently, they didn't bother to update us over here, and they seem greedy while not putting enough quality in the game such as the DD chest bug of recent. On the plus side it has some useful stuff D:

</3 decisions :c, especially when it comes to "sales".
  • Options
    hiukulimushiukulimus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 117
    edited August 2014
    the pack is starting to be interesting. Somebody of pwe should clear us about if the bag are claimable once for account or once for EACH character. If its the second optin ...imo it is pretty nice pack, they should just add some ad like 500k or 1M and for sure ill buy before the module start.
  • Options
    jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Not too shabby.
    It's now cheaper for me to get this Pack than to get on Greater Bag Of Holding per Character.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • Options
    darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Wow, this makes a huge difference in my thinking on this pack, as I have 9 character slots, and I've been slowly adding bags to everyone when there were sales and I had enough AD or zen to buy them.

Cryptic should be shouting from the rooftops about this change: announcement in the News & Announcements subforum, link on the log-in page, tweets, Facebook...

Edit: looking at the Arc descriptions, I'm hoping that the values for the active power of the Heart of the Red Dragon artifact are still erroneously set at level 1, rather than the level 60 the artifact stats are at, or else the active power is pretty underwhelming: "Deals 44 fire damage to up to 7 nearby enemies...also grants you 6 defense for 8 seconds"
  • Options
    equ4lizerequ4lizer Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Seems a lot more worth it now, might grab the dragonborn pack tomorrow.
    IGN: Granzon
    军医骑士 超过三千水平 突破极限释放开
    Daily: Granworm Sword
    Enounter: Vow of Enmity | Worm Smasher | 縮退砲
    Class Feature: Kabbalah System
    Aura: Warp Field

IGN: Faluzure 19k Tenebrous Soulbinder Scourge Warlock
    (The Corrupted) (Retired)
  • Options
    nekromaniak666nekromaniak666 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 94
    edited August 2014
    1) You will get 1x 30 slot bag per whole account. This 30 slot bag will be account bound, no matter where will you pick it up.
    OR
    2) You will get 1x 30 slot bag per every character created in your account. This 30 slot bag will be character bound (BoP - pickable from post/letter or reward agent).
    OR
    3) You will get 1x 30 slot bag per whole account. This 30 slot bag will be possible to trade, no matter where will you pick it up.
    AND
    4) FOR SURE, you wont get 30 slot bag per every character created which will be possible to trade (= aka unlimited amount of 30 slot bags).
    AND
    5) 30 slot bag is new tier of bags (epic one) and there is very high chance that this 30 slot bag will be introduced in M4 in ZEN shop.

In my point of view, you will get 1x 30 slot per account, possible to trade and also this (or any other epic tier bag) bag will be possible to buy in ZEN shop.

Correction: Just noticed updated info in Dragonborn Legend Pack. So you will get 1x 30 slot bag per every character created. So now you can be sure, this bag wont be possible to trade aka BoP. Still believe there will be 30 slot bag in ZEN shop.
    [SIGPIC]Hellsing[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    heyrogersheyrogers Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 180 Cryptic Developer
    edited August 2014
    To clarify - the 30 slot bag was originally going to be once per account (so you could only get it on one character). We did not really have a good reason for keeping it like that, so we upgraded it to be one for every character on your account.
  • Options
    greensaigreensai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 39
    edited August 2014
    **** it...... that pushed me over the edge. Now I have to explain to my wife why I want to spend $75....

You guys are evil..... :)
  • Options
    greensaigreensai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 39
    edited August 2014
    Wow thats a forbidden word? Maybe I should have used gosh-durn it instead!

Or fiddlesticks!!!
  • Options
    jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Both a hearty Thank You to whomever made that choice AND a hearty Congratulations, because I think you just sold a LOT of Dragonborn Packs to us Altoholics out there.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Yep it's nice to have our suggestions counted some of the time. Even though I imagine that barely anyone probably bought the pack before pretty much forcing the decision, getting value is important. I do think costs in general are high, but you guys made this more acceptable.
  • Options
    hiukulimushiukulimus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 117
    edited August 2014
    thanks for confirmation :)

just bought the pack. now its really worth the money.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    This is a nice change. Let's hope they remember to make them BoP, so as to avoid a repeat of the stone of radiance from earlier in the year...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    calvin1tagcalvin1tag Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited August 2014

now i'm buying it! thanks for hearing many of us asking for this change! :)
  • Options
    fdsakhfduewhfiuffdsakhfduewhfiuf Member Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The pack is still a bad deal, for two reasons.

1) 95€ is too much money to spend at once. It can buy me two current standalone top game titles.
    2) At double the price it gives less value than the Feywild pack. No account-wide mount, no account-wide companion, no AD.

Sorry, I was looking forward to a new pack and was eager to get it. But the price is way over the top. I know a lot of people feeling the same way. For about 45€ they and me would have bought it.
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    ashnvf wrote: »
    It was a complete rip off before. I still think it's overpriced for what it is, but for that kind of scratch they should throw in a bag for each character. Hell it should be 5 per character :)
    The pack is still a bad deal, for two reasons.

1) 95€ is too much money to spend at once. It can buy me two current standalone top game titles.
    2) At double the price it gives less value than the Feywild pack. No account-wide mount, no account-wide companion, no AD.

Sorry, I was looking forward to a new pack and was eager to get it. But the price is way over the top. I know a lot of people feeling the same way. For about 45€ they and me would have bought it.
    The value all depends. For me at this point it the bag alone is a 140.00 value, and that will just grow as I make more and more characters. (This is at greater bag of holding prices where 1000 zen is about 10.00) Now normally I wouldn't buy bags for all of those alts but it does make leveling them easier.
  • Options
    stah01stah01 Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited August 2014

This is great news. Looks like they started to listen to feedback (And maybe lack of sales =P) Awesome change though.
    GShBCGl.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2014

Thanks you very much for the confirmation, heyrogers.

Would it also be possible for you to clarify whether the Dragonborn pack artifact we get is useable as refine fodder for other (Power) Artifacts? I take it that if this were the case it would only be claimable once per character to avoid the obvious abuse potential.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    charononus wrote: »
    The value all depends. For me at this point it the bag alone is a 140.00 value, and that will just grow as I make more and more characters. (This is at greater bag of holding prices where 1000 zen is about 10.00) Now normally I wouldn't buy bags for all of those alts but it does make leveling them easier.

Yes exactly.

For people with only a couple of characters the account-wide companion and mounts and 600K AD from the cheaper Guardian and Feywild packs make those much better value, as you can simply buy a couple of bags for your mains.

But if you play play 4 or more characters the free 30-slot bag level 60 artifact (saving you 300K RP + marks) that will be available for every character you ever make, makes this pack, even at its higher price, seem very tempting.
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    ixalmaris wrote: »
    Let me guess, not enough whales were willing to pay the outrageous price of the pack and you had to throw them a bone?
    Sadly some of them seem to have fallen for it.

Well, I don't know if I'm a "whale" in this sense, but the current price of the pack is something I'm willing to pay. I have 6 characters - will be adding the seventh with the Warlock, and all of them can use a bag - and six of them really need one Previously the pack just wasn't worth the money being asked - in particular because as I am living in Europe (although not in the EU), I am forced to pay the higher Euro price. Now, getting basically 5 additional bags, which I would have bought anyhow, the pack is fairly valued for me.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    fdsakhfduewhfiuffdsakhfduewhfiuf Member Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    charononus wrote: »

Sure. If I haven't bought the Feywild pack and were in need of lots of bags I might think differently.

And since we're talking about virtual goods, they don't have a real value. Only a perceived value. And comparing the value of this pack to other offerings I can only say that it is overpriced. If they'd add a cool epic mount and epic companion... well, I'd likely change my mind. Or if they'd lowered the price to about 50€... well, I wouldn't mind spending 50€ per module if the offerings would appeal to me.

This is of course my personal, highly subjective feeling.
This discussion has been closed.