What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Clerics in PvP

13»

Comments

• thestaggythestaggy Member Posts: 1,102 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    rustlord wrote: »
    As a DC, the common strategy is look for the strongest member of your team and support that person in exception of everything else. Given, let's say the others are not worth healing. You know what I mean. If you can keep that person alive, he will keep your enemies at bay. You need at least one decent player as a teammate to rely on, otherwise you are on your own, and you're a free kill to the enemy.

The enemy can very easily focus a cleric, if his team doesn't protect the cleric. Granted, very tanky clerics can stall one or two people - but that will only happen if the enemy doesn't know to properly "control" a cleric.

CC > DC

I generally attach myself to the best-geared GWF or GF in my party when I PUG as a DC.

As for the number of DCs determining an easy win;

It depends on how good and geared the DCs are. I've beaten a team with two DCs because;
    a) it was effectively 5 v 3 in the damage output stakes, so their heals could not overcome incoming damage while their damage output was not enough to trouble my team.
    b) the DCs were not tanky, so when proned and isolated they went down fast. As a GF I just keep Bull Charging them. Whack them off and away from the node, burn what is ever on the node.

I'd say one well-played and geared DC is superior to two average DCs lumped in. It is a more balanced team.
    PSA: You don't need to grind Spinward Rise for your Elemental artifact main hand if you have some AD lying around. You can craft it via the Tyranny of Dragon's campaign screen.
  • thestaggythestaggy Member Posts: 1,102 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    brun2000 wrote: »
    they have a very long dodge... sometimes that's enough... BTW, noone uses repell these days in pvp. And you can't prone someone out of the node.

Haven't met Bull Charge yet, have you? :p
    PSA: You don't need to grind Spinward Rise for your Elemental artifact main hand if you have some AD lying around. You can craft it via the Tyranny of Dragon's campaign screen.
  • chihuabchihuab Member Posts: 71
    edited August 2014
    crixus8000 wrote: »
    Your wrong. In a game a few day ago the enemy team had a cleric and all my encounters hit for less than 1k dmg...I have 6k power with 2k arm pen and a vorpal and I could not even mark this cleric and my gwf friend who is destroyer and has 18k gs also could hardly touch the cleric...It took 3 of us about 3 minutes just to kill this guy once.

Clerics are very very hard to kill if they spec right. Also they buff the whole team and make them almost unkillable until the cleric is dead and when you have a cleric that hard to kill on a flag you just cant capture it so the mid is a losing fight all the way through the game, then it slows you to get to there home base and makes it very hard to keep it and your own is usually being capped by some annoying tr so yes 1 cleric on a team does increase the win chance by a huge amount if they play right.

If a 18k destroyer alone takes 3 mins+ to kill a BiS cleric then it means he/she sucks.
    3 people to take one cleric down in 3 mins = all 3 of you suck, end of story.

Immortal cleric doesn't exist in the game, my 12k CW alone could kill top DCs on the leaderboard within 1 min, even those with ~40k HP.
  • magiquepursemagiquepurse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    chihuab wrote: »
    my 12k CW alone could kill top DCs on the leaderboard within 1 min, even those with ~40k HP.

I don't think so.

Took one of the best CWs in the game, full single target DPS Renegade, all rank 10s and BiS about 15 minutes and some very lucky burst to kill a BiS tank DC.

Your 12k CW won't even scratch it.
  • godhricgodhric Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 437 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    I don't think so.

Took one of the best CWs in the game, full single target DPS Renegade, all rank 10s and BiS about 15 minutes and some very lucky burst to kill a BiS tank DC.

I find that hard to believe...

No vid , didnt happen...

at least provide an explanation of how the DC, which is TANK specced btw, is gonna outheal the damage done by the CW (which specialty is CC, DC's main weakness)? dont think miracle set percentage heal's gonna help alot in facing CW.
  • brun2000brun2000 Member Posts: 244 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    godhric wrote: »
    I find that hard to believe...

No vid , didnt happen...

at least provide an explanation of how the DC, which is TANK specced btw, is gonna outheal the damage done by the CW (which specialty is CC, DC's main weakness)? dont think miracle set percentage heal's gonna help alot in facing CW.

Its their weakness, but they have something called HEALS and RESIST BUFFS wich means... CC alone wont do anything to them, you need damage and the gear he stated on a DC, I think the DC even wins in 1v1
  • plaviaplavia Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I don't think so.

15 min to kill cleric...
    assume he have 50% DR + 30% deflect + 50K HP (I never seen this DC but lets assume its exist)
    its still shouldn't take more then a min
    cleric doesn't have protection / powers against CC
    1:1 cleric will always lose
    I cant believe there is a thread about cleric being over powered in PVP

*with party cleric can be the very important class, in 20Vs20 PVP for example if you don't have DC on your side you will lose even if you are Delzon
  • brun2000brun2000 Member Posts: 244 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    plavia wrote: »
    15 min to kill cleric...
    assume he have 50% DR + 30% deflect + 50K HP (I never seen this DC but lets assume its exist)
    its still shouldn't take more then a min
    cleric doesn't have protection / powers against CC
    1:1 cleric will always lose
    I cant believe there is a thread about cleric being over powered in PVP

*with party cleric can be the very important class, in 20Vs20 PVP for example if you don't have DC on your side you will lose even if you are Delzon

I Stated many times, this is not a "cleric being over powered in PVP" QQ thread, its a discussion about what imbalance it can bring on a team with DC vs a team with no DC, its completely different, I don't think DC's are OP at all!
  • chihuabchihuab Member Posts: 71
    edited August 2014
    I don't think so.

My 12k CW is DPS spec btw, r5s + GPF.

The only way you could kill a DC fast is with shard to mess up their rotation and not blow your encounters when he/she has shield and daily like many idiots do. And yea the one I fought against is the one on top 3 pages from a top PVP guild, I specifically requested her for 1v1 to test it out, you could ask her how it went if you want...

"BiS CW takes 15 mins to kill DC"????? Please don't make me laugh. It takes them AT MOST 3 mins to kill a DC, GUARANTEED, if you can't do that it means you're doing it wrong
  • dustwiperdustwiper Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The whole problem stems from there not being enough clerics playing PVP to have one on each side for the most part. Most of us don't bother doing PVP campaign. Only reason I started doing PVP again is for Profound set.
  • rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    dustwiper wrote: »
    The whole problem stems from there not being enough clerics playing PVP to have one on each side for the most part. Most of us don't bother doing PVP campaign. Only reason I started doing PVP again is for Profound set.

Yeah, that's the entire reason I am slowly suffering through it with my DC also. It's really not so enjoyable with a DC.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Class compisiton is a big factor in wins and losses, but to think its just DCs is wrong.

IVe brought my CW into a match and found 3 TRs on the enemy team.. 2 just slammed me over and over and I died repeatedly, without being able to do anything.

Ive brought my GWF into a match and found 3 opposing HRS.. smegging hey.

Ive brought my DC into a match and found a GF, 2 gwfs and a CW on a opposing team.. ya good luck with that, control city central.

Ive brought my HR onto a team and had everything above happen (but at least I can run away faster with it =)

You have multiple factors going on , Class composition, Gear Scores, Builds, Skill ect.

Yet with all of that being said, go to your match history, I bet your 50% or higher. Whats to complain about.

Here is the biggest secret of all " SOMETIMES you win a match and GASP, sometimes you lose one". Yet the moment people lose a match, they run over here and scream , how this class needs nerfs, Elo is fixed blah, blah blah blah. Sometimes it has "hints" of truth around the ranting, but its usually a little overkill.

The biggest thing with DCs, is opposing teams are usually moronic and only care about individual score, you want to win with a opposing DC? be prepared to actually function as a team, not run around grabbing points and screaming at your teamates that they all suck. Thats usually what happens in alot of these pug matches. Ive seen less then 9k gear score peeps scream this, while they couldnt kill, cap or function at all, but FELT they shouldve been carried and upset they were not. So instead of dealing with the DC, they all hang back, yelling at each other
  • refracted0dawnrefracted0dawn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 894 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Amen, brother!