test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The "Im going to loose my coins" Blues

sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
edited August 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Game is down, might be for some extended time. I come home from work to this mess. So I was unable to do anything about it before the hammer came down.

So, I gots the blues, and I figure i'm not alone. If I can get the bartender to keep the drinks coming. Would anyone else be willing to pull up a chair and share their sad case of woe with the rest of us? :cool:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    mistressphoenixmistressphoenix Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    i learned long ago to invoke twice in a day. Caturday caught me with my pants down, but i'll do what i can to avoid that happening again.

Just read that there is no rollback. This makes me happy, though i wouldn't have been surprised if there had been another Caturday-like rollback. Just happy that there isn't.

i still have 6 60s to run through dailies. It would be a lot more frustrating if i had to redo the 5 i've already finished!
  • Options
    rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Yah Caturday got me too with my invoking. I think my timer is alright. But idk what they did after this emergency maintenance so we'll see.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • Options
    myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Should be back online in about 45 minutes, so chin up!
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    i'm at 6 coins, but i should be okay until tomorrow morning. As long as they are back up before 9am my time, i'll be happy!

(That's 6 coins on every character i have. They are all on the same schedule. So.... 22 characters.)
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I started invoking my chars before work each day, just to be safe. Fortunately, all of my chars are through with actual dailies and there isn't much point in running a DR lair on a Monday after you've gotten the final boon.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    mstrssihrmstrssihr Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    If the Gateway didn't have to come down when the game came down we wouldn't be in this mess. You can invoke there, obviously not when they take its server down though :P I am also really bummed out about this whole situation, losing coins, the economy in the crapper, not being able to play and the bad taste a huge exploit always leaves *gutted*.
    - Major Peachy Bottom * Gutbuster's Brigade -

"Last request - microtransactions for alllll old skins for zen/weapon appearance changes, 500 zen to make ur wep glow the color/enchant you want it... You will make more off that one item than any other zen item ever made." freshour

"beckylunatic" Gateway AH should have column headers to sort by buyout, bid, end time, quantity, etc. These disappeared iirc with the module launch. It's obnoxious.
  • Options
    tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    i don`t have a clue what`s going on and on a point to get a very big blues because i did trading all day long big time.
    i know we`re not allowed to talk about it so, i`m here to share some scared blues.

ow see earlier in this topic there won`t be rollback, :D
    so i`m happier.
  • Options
    query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    myowmyow wrote: »
    Should be back online in about 45 minutes, so chin up!

Posted today @ 2:44 PM, current time? 7PM.
  • Options
    anharmonanharmon Member Posts: 175
    edited August 2014
    query523 wrote: »
    Posted today @ 2:44 PM, current time? 7PM.

Ummm, he posted that at 6:44 PM EST.

I don't think servers will be back up at 7:30, though, despite what the launcher says. Servers will be down as long as it takes ... and I suspect that might be a while yet.
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Don't care for a rollback, as long as I wouldn't lose the 3 blacksmith sets and doohickey I made yesterday.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    i do it for the coffer. Since i don't generally do epic dungeons it's one of the only ways i can get the various enchants.

my fondest wish, right now, is that the ZEX is suddenly more sane. That all the banned people and their AD is gone...
  • Options
    vader6139vader6139 Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I wasn't around on caturday so I didn't get to feel that one. No rollback does make me happy though.

Still have dailies on 2 lvl 60's to do and invoking on 3 toons total just to keep up. So sad since I still need to level my tr. Was working on him today. Oh well!

PS - Will be interesting to see what happened this time. Later on, that is, when it comes out.
  • Options
    query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    anharmon wrote: »
    Ummm, he posted that at 6:44 PM EST.

I don't think servers will be back up at 7:30, though, despite what the launcher says. Servers will be down as long as it takes ... and I suspect that might be a while yet.

TZ difference? It was reading 2:44 for me. Regardless I know it went down 2 1/2 hours ago because I was cycling my professions before leaving. I just got home from a business meeting and it is still down.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Another 30min from now. If they come back up on time.
  • Options
    rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I went through my first invoke of the day on all 7 of my toons. So I still need to do the next two and finish a few things in IWD on my main two (Biggrin's Tomb, Need for Mead, HE quest). But too those are not necessary as I have already gotten all the boons, BI items (except mainhand). My others are in Dread Ring, and as stated before no reason to run lairs on Monday or Friday with not getting greater marks for refining.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    ahh less happy, the no rollback isn`t that sure, because i just see the official message saying there`s no rollback "planned".
    so it still could happen.
    but ok, we`ll see.
    i hope still not :(

they re starting server now i guess
    according to last message in offical thread

"Sorry for the sudden downtime, adventurers! Our maintenance has now completed. We'll catch you in-game!"

ok it`s edited ;p and the server is not going up yet ;p
  • Options
    magiquepursemagiquepurse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    If there is no rollback, we will have a few billions of AD more in the economy overnight and more people able to control the AH etc. Expect AD to have close to 0 value. People shared the "thing" in /zone chat and most probably many were doing it in a frenzy on their "other account" alts.

There must be a rollback or this game is about to become almost unplayable for most F2P users. Or a perma-ban for everybody that did it and an erase of their AD.
  • Options
    kevinc55kevinc55 Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    mstrssihr wrote: »
    If the Gateway didn't have to come down when the game came down we wouldn't be in this mess. You can invoke there, obviously not when they take its server down though :P .
    Since when can you invoke on Gateway? I have never been able to invoke there, although i find it useful to set professions up when i can't use my desktop to log in to the game and do so.
    More on topic: Hope this is resolved cleanly, howver long it takes - I'm thinking the economy may go back to near normal if this problem goes away.
  • Options
    harkurharkur Member Posts: 305 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    If there is no rollback, we will have a few billions of AD more in the economy overnight and more people able to control the AH etc. Expect AD to have close to 0 value. People shared the "thing" in /zone chat and most probably many were doing it in a frenzy on their "other account" alts.

There must be a rollback or this game is about to become almost unplayable for most F2P users. Or a perma-ban for everybody that did it and an erase of their AD.

There was no rollback. The AD is gone. Databases are not magic, but it must seem like it sometimes. ;)
  • Options
    ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    kevinc55 wrote: »
    Since when can you invoke on Gateway? I have never been able to invoke there, although i find it useful to set professions up when i can't use my desktop to log in to the game and do so.
    More on topic: Hope this is resolved cleanly, howver long it takes - I'm thinking the economy may go back to near normal if this problem goes away.
    There is a temple on the quest map where you can extend your invocation timer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited August 2014

You cant invoke on the gateway. But you can run a special dungeon that extents your coin clock by 12 hours.
  • Options
    hairdiaper40hairdiaper40 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    This..... Sucks.....
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    You can't invoke in Gateway, but you can do a lair there that resets your invoke timer. It's on the far left of the map, towards the middle. It's faster to just log in and invoke, if you can do that.
  • Options
    eryndeleryndel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Off topic, you can reset your invoking timer through Sword Coast Adventures. There's a "dungeon" there that is essentially 5 rooms, successfully running through adds 24 hrs to your invoke timer. So it's not really invoking (and getting coins), but it prevents you from losing those celestial coins.

edit: ninja'd.
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    This is why I invoke when I wake up :D
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    harkurharkur Member Posts: 305 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014

I invoke when I wake up too, I invoke the coffee machine to please have turned itself on 15 minutes before I get out of bed like it's supposed to.
  • Options
    edited August 2014

noo, it`s because you`re an addict! :D
    just kidding.:)
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Man, I have no clue whats going on but this really sucks. Why do a few people have to ruin an awesome game for everyone? I just want to freakin play man. Now not only is the market all messed up, but we have to sit here and wait for them to fix everything... people suck man.
  • Options
    myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Man, I have no clue whats going on but this really sucks. Why do a few people have to ruin an awesome game for everyone? I just want to freakin play man. Now not only is the market all messed up, but we have to sit here and wait for them to fix everything... people suck man.

Not all people suck, just the ones that exploit games for either real-world cash or some kind of pixelated prestige . . .

Hmm. I was finally able to patch a little, but still getting stuck with no response from login server . . .
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Ya.... those are the people i was referring too....