test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Can I get some insight into "bugged" DD chest?

laks0nlaks0n Member Posts: 111 Arc User
edited August 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Hello again to everyone. Every now and then I like to look trough latest 20-30 posts and see what people are thinking and saying since I started playing NWO again. I see a lot of hate, a lot of crying, and a lot of misunderstading. No matter, I am quite used to the fact that people see something not working tip-top, and their first thought is "bug bug fix" as well as their last. True, the DD event is somewhat bugged, so I did some testing of my own (as much testing I can do from the stance of a player). First, I need some info from you guys:

Is only the DD event chest bugging, or do you get buggs using keys as well? Are there any other buggs, apart the "where is my chest", concerning the chest at the end of a dungeon, regardless of it being DD or key opened (wrong loot, not enough loot, too much loot, loot :) )

There are some things I have accepted as solid facts and not variables. First off, in the majority of cases, during the DD event, your first run goes nice and smooth, chest opens, yaay loot. Second run almost always loses the chest. I have had some people tell me that they have the chest, but every time I ran more then one dungeon during DD there were always bugged people. In my own experience, I never had the chest 2 times in a row. I haven't tried the epic keys, but with the normal key I always have with me, it conflicts with the DD event, so during it I can't open the chest even with my own key. Maybe the DD event was imagined as a "once per event" chest, then it got changed, then somewhere, some little part messed up causing this. Solid fact is, you always get a chest on your first run. If anyone ever had an issue with the first run, please say so here.

So, since the workforce of the game is busy with the M4, promos and the xbox one release, why not do as much as we can on our end? I am prety sure we can make a difference.
Post edited by laks0n on

Comments

• Options
    ulvielulviel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 741 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Currently the bigger problem is the randomizer bug, that makes you get the exact same loot from the chest every time you run that particular dungeon. If you got your set item the first time - good for you. If you got anything else - you won't be able to get your set.
  • Options
    hiukulimushiukulimus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 117
    edited August 2014
    laks0n wrote: »
    Hello again to everyone. Every now and then I like to look trough latest 20-30 posts and see what people are thinking and saying since I started playing NWO again. I see a lot of hate, a lot of crying, and a lot of misunderstading. No matter, I am quite used to the fact that people see something not working tip-top, and their first thought is "bug bug fix" as well as their last. True, the DD event is somewhat bugged, so I did some testing of my own (as much testing I can do from the stance of a player). First, I need some info from you guys:

Is only the DD event chest bugging, or do you get buggs using keys as well? Are there any other buggs, apart the "where is my chest", concerning the chest at the end of a dungeon, regardless of it being DD or key opened (wrong loot, not enough loot, too much loot, loot :) )

There are some things I have accepted as solid facts and not variables. First off, in the majority of cases, during the DD event, your first run goes nice and smooth, chest opens, yaay loot. Second run almost always loses the chest. I have had some people tell me that they have the chest, but every time I ran more then one dungeon during DD there were always bugged people. In my own experience, I never had the chest 2 times in a row. I haven't tried the epic keys, but with the normal key I always have with me, it conflicts with the DD event, so during it I can't open the chest even with my own key. Maybe the DD event was imagined as a "once per event" chest, then it got changed, then somewhere, some little part messed up causing this. Solid fact is, you always get a chest on your first run. If anyone ever had an issue with the first run, please say so here.

So, since the workforce of the game is busy with the M4, promos and the xbox one release, why not do as much as we can on our end? I am prety sure we can make a difference.

if you havent heard a problem, it doesnt mean it does not exist. The chest bug DD drop same loot everytime you do a run, no matter with key, without key, during DD event or not. Once you do one run you are locked to that loot... and sometimes the purple loot is blue (like in T1 dungones) or a purple drop that is worth less that 1 epic key (you loss ad in those runs). Thats major issues.

this is not a "fix bug bug rush " complain... 2 week and half ... all the community cannot do any kind of dungeons... cannot play PvE side.
  • Options
    laks0nlaks0n Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Thx for enlightening me guys, I haven't realy paid much atention to this because I was focused on chest not existing bug. Does it at least reset after platform restarts? Can you get diferent loot?
  • Options
    chrcorechrcore Member Posts: 329 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014

Is this the only *insight* you are providing?

So we should keep banging our heads against the wall over and over expecting a different result when it's been the same thing 99 times in a row? All because they are too busy working on M4 and the xbox one?

How about they fix the bug already?
  • Options
    ulvielulviel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 741 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Thx for enlightening me guys, I haven't realy paid much atention to this because I was focused on chest not existing bug. Does it at least reset after platform restarts? Can you get diferent loot?

There is no way. Except for something illegal I guess.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014
    chrcore wrote: »
    Is this the only *insight* you are providing?

So we should keep banging our heads against the wall over and over expecting a different result when it's been the same thing 99 times in a row? All because they are too busy working on M4 and the xbox one?

How about they fix the bug already?
    The thread subject is obviously meant as a question to the Community, to gather intel together, and not a literal statement of impending insight. Adding a question mark to the end anyway, so no one else confuses the thread's intent.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    zebular wrote: »
    The thread subject is obviously meant as a question to the Community, to gather intel together, and not a literal statement of impending insight. Adding a question mark to the end anyway, so no one else confuses the thread's intent.

Then it should read "Can I get some insight into "bugged" DD chest?". Starting a sentence with "Some insight" implies the insight is coming. Even if you tack a ? on at the end, it still implies that maybe some insight is coming.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014
    Then it should read "Can I get some insight into "bugged" DD chest?". Starting a sentence with "Some insight" implies the insight is coming. Even if you tack a ? on at the end, it still implies that maybe some insight is coming.
    No need for semantics on a language that isn't even the world's largest language. ;) Still, as a question and written as is, it does suggest that there will be such information, if offered by the Community. Which would be better instead of bickering over punctuation and grammar.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    zebular wrote: »
    No need for semantics on a language that isn't even the world's largest language. ;) Still, as a question and written as is, it does suggest that there will be such information, if offered by the Community. Which would be better instead of bickering over punctuation and grammar.

I figured there was a better chance of getting his grammar corrected than getting the bug fixed :) touché..
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I figured there was a better chance of getting his grammar corrected than getting the bug fixed :) touché..
    *chuckles madly* Fair enough, consider it done!
  • Options
    gertrude4lifegertrude4life Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    *chortles at grammar banter*

Back to the original OP's question...

Over the last 2 weeks I have played dungeons
    solo,
    in groups,
    with people who needed gear,
    with people who didn't need gear,
    on normal and epic runs,
    during DD and outside of DD
    (there. Is that clear?)

During the last 2 weeks I have had a daily key, a standard key, and an epic key in my inventory. None of the keys have been used at any time. I still have the same 3 keys I had two weeks ago.

During the first group run, I got purple fighter gear while on my CW (Gray wolf)
    During the solo run, I got blue TR gear the first time, then enchants and a blue hat for CW for the second run (both runs Control Tower)
    During DD the chest said it was unlocked but the chest didn't open. (Idris)
    During a *outside DD* group run I got the choice of 3 drops like I should have (IceSpire Frozen Heart) I got a lovely set piece I was going to give to a guild friend who was looking for that particular set but it was bound. She wasn't online at the time or we would have dragged her with us so she could get it. Still haven't been able to complete her set because she and I haven't been on at the same time yet. It wasn't DD and it didn't use a key and I still got the chest and the drop.

Not sure if my results can help, but here they are, anyway.
  • Options
    wanderer0000wanderer0000 Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I am pretty sure they did something to make the drops you actually would want harder to get and in the process bugged everything.