What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

perma TRs in pvp

Comments

• Options
    sv3t1anasv3t1ana Banned Users Posts: 69
    edited July 2014
    ..and since all the good TR's will be quitting or doing whatever...

I cannot wait for the Unkillable HR QQ to begin.
  • Options
    matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    sv3t1ana wrote: »
    You want WoB Nerfed ?...You want to know how to survive Whirlwind of Blades ?
    Here is a list.
    • Stop being bad.
    • Learn PvP Strategy
    • Learn to adjust your volume when fighting in PvP
    • Whirlwind of Blades has 40 ft Range... Learn to keep moving in PvP always.
    • TR gets to use AP 3 times a match if they are lucky, sometimes less. Build a bridge and get over it. CW 10 + times.. HR 40 + times
    • Give TR back their DPS if you want to get rid of their stealth. We refuse to be your training dummies.
    • We have the lowest AC and on average the lowest HP out of all classes. If you are having problems killing TR's the problem is not the TR, it is you.
    • TR has no upcoming changes so most TR's will not be PvPing so you can find a new class to QQ about

I'm not bad! Have you seen me play, with over 30 kills in a match i don't consider myself bad.

But yes, we got the monkey out of the bag, you permas are bad, have no skills, can't play, if i were to give you a normal class to play with, you guys would run away.

It's easy to be cool, like a god if no one can see you!

And learn to be more polite and get an education, attacking people, who ask is for little kids!
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• Options
    shadowbunsliceshadowbunslice Member Posts: 175 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    Hi!

Can a perma TR answer me, what is the point in playing a perma, ok all your wet dreams come true, by feeling like a god, but c'mon don't you perma TRs make a perma just to annoy players. Please tell me how on earth shall i fight a perma? Cause i read many times in zone chat, that permas brag about it, that they made their chars just to annoy people.

Plz dear Devs, is this the right way, allowing a class failure (they are no real Rogues, like in DnD!!!), just to annoy other players.

What if the devs would make other classes perma, i bet all your panties would be full, or my suggestion let the permas kill each other in a special perma PVP?

Perma/semi perma is arguable the only build that currently remains competitive in the pvp arena. If people want to say that stealth is too powerful for node control I can agree with that. However, for combat it is not nor has ever been. For the most part TR out of stealth is just a punching bag. COS daggers from stealth might hit in the 6-10k range and then be on cooldown for 24 seconds. Flurry is debatable the hardest power in the entire game to land in pvp. Virtually no rogue was using or landing it consistently during the beginning of the game. You have to recognize that any rogue chewing you up with flurry has developed a high degree of skill with it. Furthermore, flurry is not very hard to avoid. If when you encounter a stealth rogue you run around like a chicken with your head cut off and spam aoe skills in random directions you have no one but yourself to blame. Using flurry in combat is not immediately obvious and takes a high degree of skill to pull off. Over time players have acquired this skill, but it is not easy or simple. Countering stealth/flurry is also not immediately obvious and takes skill to pull off. Instead of thinking "they could be anywhere and they could hit me at any time" you need to be thinking "they are following me, and they working with a power that they are going to try to connect with in 3 second intervals". If you anticipate when a TR is going to hit you and perform erratic, high speed movement during this time they will almost never hit you. After that you have a 3 second window to try to find the rogue, who is likely in the exact spot you just vacated. I have met players from every class able to do this, but they are rare. In these fights with highly skilled opponents I can say that HR and GWF have the edge on TR and GF and CW are at a disadvantage.
    I live for these fights and enjoy them immensely. When the match is determined by precision, timing, anticipation and a little bit of luck I always have fun, even if I lose.

If your getting killed by a all-range WK perma I have sympathy for you and have voiced my concerns in a different thread. Fortunately it's not a very popular build and doesn't tend to perform as well in premade/top end PVP.
  • Options
    rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'm very well aware of HR powers, but this doesn't answer my question, besides (i'm not a HR) HR is in DnD, while full permas not, Rogues and TR are, but not all time invisibles!

Given the way backstab/sneak attack works in PnP, rogues are far more deadly from stealth. So if you want it closer to PnP, great! Let's un-nerf sneak attack from the speed bonus they turned it into and change it back into a damage boost! That will make every TR much happier and be closer to PnP. Sure, I'll have my TR in stealth much less because everything will die that much more quickly...
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• Options
    edited July 2014
    Perma/semi perma is arguable the only build that currently remains competitive in the pvp arena. If people want to say that stealth is too powerful for node control I can agree with that. However, for combat it is not nor has ever been. For the most part TR out of stealth is just a punching bag. COS daggers from stealth might hit in the 6-10k range and then be on cooldown for 24 seconds. Flurry is debatable the hardest power in the entire game to land in pvp. Virtually no rogue was using or landing it consistently during the beginning of the game. You have to recognize that any rogue chewing you up with flurry has developed a high degree of skill with it. Furthermore, flurry is not very hard to avoid. If when you encounter a stealth rogue you run around like a chicken with your head cut off and spam aoe skills in random directions you have no one but yourself to blame. Using flurry in combat is not immediately obvious and takes a high degree of skill to pull off. Over time players have acquired this skill, but it is not easy or simple. Countering stealth/flurry is also not immediately obvious and takes skill to pull off. Instead of thinking "they could be anywhere and they could hit me at any time" you need to be thinking "they are following me, and they working with a power that they are going to try to connect with in 3 second intervals". If you anticipate when a TR is going to hit you and perform erratic, high speed movement during this time they will almost never hit you. After that you have a 3 second window to try to find the rogue, who is likely in the exact spot you just vacated. I have met players from every class able to do this, but they are rare. In these fights with highly skilled opponents I can say that HR and GWF have the edge on TR and GF and CW are at a disadvantage.
    I live for these fights and enjoy them immensely. When the match is determined by precision, timing, anticipation and a little bit of luck I always have fun, even if I lose.

If your getting killed by a all-range WK perma I have sympathy for you and have voiced my concerns in a different thread. Fortunately it's not a very popular build and doesn't tend to perform as well in premade/top end PVP.

Thank you for a well educated response, not like the guy i had answering me before! Sadly i'm a GF too, so i can not run fast to use that short interval to catch the perma, sure sometimes i'm lucky and get him, but more not.

P.S: This is not directed at you shadowbunslice, but just try to imagine dear permas, if you were in my shoes, how annoying would you find the same situation, if my GF would constantly disappear and knock you bit by bit down?

I don't think it has got to do anything with skill to play a perma, did it, but hated myself for it, so deleted the char! and i was successful, but for me it's no challenge, no game to be a god!

Skill is to play a char, that can't hide, that has to fight eye to eye!

If the dear permas have so much skill and i haven't, then plz dear permas make a GF and see, how much skill you have, i will await you! :)
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• Options
    edited July 2014
    aulduron wrote: »
    Ring of Improved Invisibility,

It's not DnD 4e, but 3.5, this game is 4th e, but the ring is very rare in the world of DnD, not everybody runs around with it and it grants only 50% not 100%!
    Robert E. Lee

Winston Churchill

David Icke

• Options
    shadowbunsliceshadowbunslice Member Posts: 175 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    Thank you for a well educated response, not like the guy i had answering me before! Sadly i'm a GF too, so i can not run fast to use that short interval to catch the perma, sure sometimes i'm lucky and get him, but more not.

P.S: This is not directed at you shadowbunslice, but just try to imagine dear permas, if you were in my shoes, how annoying would you find the same situation, if my GF would constantly disappear and knock you bit by bit down?

I don't think it has got to do anything with skill to play a perma, did it, but hated myself for it, so deleted the char! and i was successful, but for me it's no challenge, no game to be a god!

If the dear permas have so much skill and i haven't, then plz dear permas make a GF and see, how much skill you have, i will await you! :)

I think alot of the blame here can be directed at GF mark/block mechanics, which are getting reworked in M4. From what I have read I'm still not quite satisfied with it. Block is never going to equal unstoppable unless GFs gain block meter when taking damage. Also, recently I had a 1v1 fight with a GF using the speed booster, shield bash, and hammer stun as encounters and I could only break even with him, he put up one hell of a fight. A possible tactic if your willing to forego the meta and spec against a specific playstyle.
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I don't think being perma in pvp is easy at all, it's a very specific build that requires precision, good knowledge of the enemy's skills, and quick improvisation.
    That being said, I still consider it a bit boring. I'm more combat oriented.
    If you want Nw to be more like pnp, then give us our damage back and we'll gladly give perma stealth back, simple as that. But with all the nerfs TRs have endured, sadly (semi)perma is basically the most competitive build for domination pvp.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    fastrean3fastrean3 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited July 2014

A tough reflex damage build GF is annoying to perma se Tr too, they don't even need to catch them.
  • Options
    aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    It's not DnD 4e, but 3.5, this game is 4th e, but the ring is very rare in the world of DnD, not everybody runs around with it and it grants only 50% not 100%!

There are still plenty of magic items that can do the trick. Magic Users can pretty much make whatever magic item they want.
  • Options
    jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Yes, i hate perma and love perma too. However, you should know some basic things about perma before you QQ:

1. Perma requires skills to play. (Landing jump DF)
    2. Perma requires high experience to play. (Managing skills CD and swapping skill in combat)
    3. Perma requires items and feats to play. (Do i need to explain this?)
    4. Perma is the best 1v5 node capping strategy.
    5. Perma can have high damage if they change items and skills in combat.

Despite playing as an average DC, i still often die to some well skilled, offensive perma. I even fought some perma who stand in front of me for 3 seconds then suddenly use a different loadout against me after some time. There are some furious moments you cant even dodge or avoid any DF on you cuz that TR is good. No matter where you are and how you run you will still take that damage, that is a good perma. (A shower of flowers to that no-name perma who changed his skills to smokebomb and lashing blade and be patient enough to wait me out of stamina, you made me learn a new lesson, thank you.)
  • Options
    izidiusizidius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 40
    edited July 2014
    morenthar wrote: »
    You obviously live in the mid to lower tiers of PvP. If you were up in the higher tiers, like pre-mades and a tier below, you'd realize that perma-stealth TRs don't get insulted very often and are respected as a legit style of play. Better players are good at finding TRs in stealth with both their perception and their powers.

So please, do go back to your PvE world. Quietly take your daily Astral Diamonds you get from the 4 matches a day you PvP and go cry it out.

Lol, ouch burnnn
  • Options
    proneificationproneification Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 494 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    The crying against perma never stops. I can almost understand it coming from a CW, as even with Bilethorn weapon you won't kill the good TRs, but when I see GWFs, HRs complaining... it's just crazy. You have the tools to kill the TRs. Learn how to do it.

Unlike other TRs here, I won't cry about the above 2 classes being so overpowered, I understand that in PvP sometimes you have to have the right tools for the right situation. If my pema can troll each and every class and is not countered by anybody, then what challenge there is in still playing?

It is a 5vs5 game. TR is (still) a great class, and has amazing utility (stalling the enemy point forever, especially with a competent DC). It has weaknesses as well, against (good) GWFs and HRs, even though I am able to survive and sometimes kill even good HRs, by pretty much abusing a certain artifact.

So my advice is to learn to play, adapt and stop crying. TR is in a good place right now, to be honest. I feel for you if you are a CW or a GF. Please understand that you are not supposed to 1vs1 permas. Do not try to make it your job.

This is all.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    even though I am able to survive and sometimes kill even good HRs, by pretty much abusing a certain artifact.

That is the ONLY way a TR can actually fight an HR.....Otherwise your playing Peek a Boo on a node and gouging your eyes out of boredom.

So go ahead, throw your " Holier than Thou " bashes. I can kill some good HR's too.

The problem is the HR class is too OP and is getting NO change to that aspect while the TR class is left alone to oblivion.

So when the changes come into effect, Please report back here and post your PvP Overview of a match against an HR / GR / Warlock combo team.
  • Options
    edited July 2014

But yes, we got the monkey out of the bag, you permas are bad, have no skills, can't play, if i were to give you a normal class to play with, you guys would run away.

My Character list.

Svetlana Anesjka [ 60 Trickster Rogue ]
    Ekaterina Anesjka [ 60 Devoted Cleric ]
    Srdjana Anesjka [ 60 Control Wizard ]
    Katka Anesjka [ 60 Guardian Fighter ]
    Ksenija Anesjka [ 60 Great Weapon Fighter ]
    Ceca Anesjka [ 60 Trickster Rogue ]
    Sveta Anesjka [ 60 Control Wizard ]
    MIsha Anesjka [ 60 Trickster Rogue ]
    Tatyanya Elise [ 60 Hunter Ranger ]
    Olesya Anesjka [ 60 Devoted Cleric ]
    Oksana Anesjka [ 57 Guardian Fighter ]
    Natasha Anesjka [ 56 Hunter Ranger ]
    Karina Anesjka [ 53 Control Wizard ]
    Nikita Anesjka [ 51 Great Weapon Fighter ]
    Sasha Anesjka [ 38 Hunter Ranger ]
    Zhenya Anesjka [ 43 Control Wizard ]

3 of those characters are on the top pages...you were saying ?
  • Options
    twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The problem is the HR class is too OP and is getting NO change to that aspect while the TR class is left alone to oblivion.

So when the changes come into effect, Please report back here and post your PvP Overview of a match against an HR / GR / Warlock combo team.
    You should pay more attention to the Preview forums. HR is being changed completely and has had several major nerfs; Warlock will be no threat to anyone in PvP unless you just stand there doing nothing.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    You should pay more attention to the Preview forums. HR is being changed completely and has had several major nerfs; Warlock will be no threat to anyone in PvP unless you just stand there doing nothing.

I am on Preview daily and probably one of the games largest testers.

There are 2 current builds on preview that make HR Unchanged and the other build makes the HR more efficient with same survivability.

Nothing has changed.

Edit: Warlock LS build...gg
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I really hope for a greater tr rework.
    1) feat fixed and reworked to give flat damage bonus.
    2) a survivability kit like the hr wild medicine
    3) if stealth is a problem i am all in for reducing the abuse of the mechanic if the stealth bar refills slowly in every moment of the fight.
    4) path of the blade finally applying weapon enchants.
    5) single target damage finally back to decent values or at least stronger than what gwfs have.
    6) charisma fixed to give us the right combat advantage bonus damage and not 0.1 more for each point.
    7) armor pen added to one of our stat. We are the only class without it. Ridicolous.

And we are set. Black ice gears finally viable too.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I am on Preview daily and probably one of the games largest testers.

There are 2 current builds on preview that make HR Unchanged and the other build makes the HR more efficient with same survivability.

Nothing has changed.

Edit: Warlock LS build...gg
    With the upcoming ICD being added to Wilds Medicine the 'invincible HR' is dead and combat spec is left with mediocre damage and limited survivability. Archer spec and Trapper spec are not PvP viable as they have zero mitigation.

Warlock of any tree is the easiest class in the game to shut down. They will only be a danger to terribad players or someone who falls asleep during a match.

TR & DC will be getting a rework after Mod 4 launches. If it's anything like what's happened to HR/CW/GWF then it may not be something to look forward to. We can hope for better.
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    You obviously live in the mid to lower tiers of PvP. If you were up in the higher tiers, like pre-mades and a tier below, you'd realize that perma-stealth TRs don't get insulted very often and are respected as a legit style of play. Better players are good at finding TRs in stealth with both their perception and their powers.

So please, do go back to your PvE world. Quietly take your daily Astral Diamonds you get from the 4 matches a day you PvP and go cry it out.

And you are obviously an uneducated perma person, who would run from my chars, if you haven't got perma and i like the big mouth style, come and proove your metal in PVE too, being a god of invisibility in PVP ONLY isn't skill, skill is playing the entire game, PVP and PVE too and many other classes!!!

Respected, yeah by only premade teams, who use it to make a fool out of PUGs, but i haven't been in a PUG team, where anybody was happy about a perma, quiet the opposite!
    Robert E. Lee

Winston Churchill

David Icke

• Options
    edited July 2014
    The crying against perma never stops. I can almost understand it coming from a CW, as even with Bilethorn weapon you won't kill the good TRs, but when I see GWFs, HRs complaining... it's just crazy. You have the tools to kill the TRs. Learn how to do it.

Unlike other TRs here, I won't cry about the above 2 classes being so overpowered, I understand that in PvP sometimes you have to have the right tools for the right situation. If my pema can troll each and every class and is not countered by anybody, then what challenge there is in still playing?

It is a 5vs5 game. TR is (still) a great class, and has amazing utility (stalling the enemy point forever, especially with a competent DC). It has weaknesses as well, against (good) GWFs and HRs, even though I am able to survive and sometimes kill even good HRs, by pretty much abusing a certain artifact.

So my advice is to learn to play, adapt and stop crying. TR is in a good place right now, to be honest. I feel for you if you are a CW or a GF. Please understand that you are not supposed to 1vs1 permas. Do not try to make it your job.

This is all.

Learn to play yourself, try it out not to abuse that artifact and try a char, who hasn't got the perma ability, say a poor GF live now, don't speak guys about Mod4 changes, it hasn't even arrived and who knows, what it will bring for any class, still plenty time for Devs to change things.

Plz don't talk me in, that being invisible isn't a huge advantage over visible targets, that's so childish!

I will take everything back, if anyone can show me a DnD 100% perma Rogue in real DnD, from any TSR or Wizards story!
    Robert E. Lee

Winston Churchill

David Icke

• Options
    izidiusizidius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 40
    edited July 2014
    WATCH OUT EVERYONE! PVE tough guy! I play PvE as well and I'm not a perma. I merely stated that perma-stealth IS a respected style in the upper tier pvp community. So I'll keep on using my class mechanic and you'll keep running away using yours (probably unstoppable) once you figure out you are about to die.

Nothing makes me laugh more than a gwf in unstoppable hitting away at you but then realizes it isn't working and poof he sprints away...funny stuff
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Pathetic who writes it, and i think you are bad if you only can play perma!

And yet again what little kidies can do is attacking, plz this is a DnD game, then show me a 100% perma DnD figure in any DnD novel.
    Robert E. Lee

Winston Churchill

David Icke

• Options
    edited July 2014
    Please dear Mod close this thread, people here can't argue or come up with any real DnD evidence, just attack and spread hate!
    Robert E. Lee

Winston Churchill

David Icke

• Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    who cares about dnd, this is a mmorpg
  • Options
    fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited July 2014

I will take everything back, if anyone can show me a DnD 100% perma Rogue in real DnD, from any TSR or Wizards story!

Meet Sheila the thief...

http://www.dungeonsdragonscartoon.com/2009/08/sheila-thief.html
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Please dear Mod close this thread, people here can't argue or come up with any real DnD evidence, just attack and spread hate!
    Ummm...

Neverwinter is an MMORPG based on D&D and the Forgotten Realms. It is not a PnP D&D simulator. There are plenty of differences between how things work in Neverwinter and the source material - permastealth is just one of them. And that's largely because what works for PnP does not always work for a video game.
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Darquess - Soulbinder